Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, my bet is "fur = static electricity" or something silly like that.

If it's not this I will be disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'm happy that the new chapter came out early! :neckbeard:

It's interesting that we finally get to see Sanji's dad. I'm betting this will be the one of the very rare occasions that Sanji breaks his "no-fists" rule to just slug him in the face, Sanji really seems to hate the guy a lot.

Nah, he only breaks that rule when he's dealing with food. I bet his dad gets angry at him for only using his feet, though.

Come to think of it, Sanji is definitely going to have to fight some sort of dessert creature in this arc, we'll probably get to see his knife skills again.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Here's hoping we'll get to see Carrot fight. She's a fun character.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Mulderman posted:

Here's hoping we'll get to see Carrot fight. She's a fun character.

Carrot for new crew member, for real. She is so fun.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Carrot can be the crew pet. Every crew needs a pet, right?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Carrot can be the crew pet. Every crew needs a pet, right?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

With a new mascot, Chopper can finally look like a reindeer again instead of a tanuki.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Carrot can be the pet because Chopper's gonna finally get to be a doctor once Law inevitably fuckin eats it :colbert:

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Thought it was kinda boring that they were just running around in circles for half a chapter but warmed up to it once I imagined the anime stretching it out to 3 episodes somehow.

Carrot and Pedro rule and are way better than boring rear end Jinbe who I hope dies before he joins the crew.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm so excited about my friend Jinbei!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Just caught up! Gotta say, Jinbei isn't making a great case for "I should be part of the Straw Hat Crew" given that he was a complete no-show during the Dressrosa and Zou arcs (I mean, narratively it makes sense, and I'm sure he'll have some great moments coming up, but I have no hype for him at all anymore). Doflamingo was a great villain, but Dressrosa lasted forever and I can't imagine what it was like to read serially, especially because half the crew wasn't present.

Carrot's a fun character, but I don't currently think there's quite enough there for her to be a full-time member of the crew. She's kind of reminds me of Paulie--very very close, but not quite there.

I still wish Perona had joined...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Chopper and Nami better get a cool fight while they're here. When did they last get a fight period? Other than Nami getting jumped by Wanda, which lasted three panels? Dressrosa doesn't count either, since they spent all their time on the Sunny as paintings or whatever before Brook cleaned up.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm so excited about my friend Jinbei!

:yeah:

He's my pal and one of my favorite characters in the series, so I'm looking forward to him finally becoming an official Straw Hat.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Lord of Hats posted:

Just caught up! Gotta say, Jinbei isn't making a great case for "I should be part of the Straw Hat Crew" given that he was a complete no-show during the Dressrosa and Zou arcs (I mean, narratively it makes sense, and I'm sure he'll have some great moments coming up, but I have no hype for him at all anymore). Doflamingo was a great villain, but Dressrosa lasted forever and I can't imagine what it was like to read serially, especially because half the crew wasn't present.

Carrot's a fun character, but I don't currently think there's quite enough there for her to be a full-time member of the crew. She's kind of reminds me of Paulie--very very close, but not quite there.

I still wish Perona had joined...

People will just generally say "xxx for Straw Hat Crew" if they are a cool character.

People wanted Monet to become a straw hat. :shepface:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Any character who isn't a villain and receives any characterization whatsoever is definitely joining the crew, no question.

I say that as a joke but it literally happened last arc :v:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Begemot posted:

Any character who isn't a villain and receives any characterization whatsoever is definitely joining the crew, no question.

I say that as a joke but it literally happened last arc :v:

The great mystery of who Meadows the swordsman is will never be solved, huh :(

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Julias posted:

People wanted Monet to become a straw hat. :shepface:

Your point being? :colbert:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Your point being? :colbert:

What's actually going to happen is that Caesar will be the next Strawhat--he'll keep helping them because he wants to get his heart back, but when he, Law, and his heart are all in one place it will turn out he did too many good deeds and his heart grew 3 sizes and no longer fits in his chest.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

so sanji is going to overtake his father and lead the germa 66 in the name of the strawhat armada, while carrot takes his place. oda. i'm crying tears of joy

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

dordreff posted:

mangastream no

I think Luffy's having a stroke.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

oddium posted:

so sanji is going to overtake his father and lead the germa 66 in the name of the strawhat armada, while carrot takes his place. oda. i'm crying tears of joy

Oh I get it, One Piece is going to be a Blue, Red, Green choice thing isn't it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wanted Thunder Soldier to be a Strawhat, but then he turned into boring Kyrios and I never wanted to see him again.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm really hoping Luffy gets captured and the arc is Nami/Chopper/Carrot and Brook/Pedro have to figure out a way to rescue him. Luffy vs small fries are always great fights but I want the crew to shine after being missing for 2 years.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Chopper and Nami better get a cool fight while they're here. When did they last get a fight period? Other than Nami getting jumped by Wanda, which lasted three panels? Dressrosa doesn't count either, since they spent all their time on the Sunny as paintings or whatever before Brook cleaned up.

Chopper got a solo fight against a named opponent at Fishman Island for like one chapter, Nami hasn't had one since Enies Lobby (unless you count her getting beat up by Absalom and then saved by Sanji).

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

dordreff posted:

Chopper got a solo fight against a named opponent at Fishman Island for like one chapter, Nami hasn't had one since Enies Lobby (unless you count her getting beat up by Absalom and then saved by Sanji).

She's doing better than Robin, who hasn't had a solo fight since she straight up murdered that guy on Skypiea for destroying valuable ruins.

Iceberg doesn't count :v:

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?

DizzyBum posted:

Yep, all minks can use it. It's called "electro" and we're not sure where it comes from yet.

It comes from Kill The Noise, Skrillex, Computer Club. Electro is so 2008. ;)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Begemot posted:

She's doing better than Robin, who hasn't had a solo fight since she straight up murdered that guy on Skypiea for destroying valuable ruins.

Iceberg doesn't count :v:

I know its not really her fight but she fought and bled in Dressrossa against that one guy

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she was basically an umbrella for rebecca in that fight

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'd love for Carrot to be in the crew, she should be able to pull off some great melee fights like Sanji in contrast to Nami's gadgets and....Well Robin doesn't really fight that much. Electricity is also another element the Straw Hats don't have so she could combine that with some unique abilities, too.

I know at best she'll just be an arc-based ally though :smith:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Nami's gadgets ..... Electricity is also another element the Straw Hats don't have

:confused:

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
Usopp using a Franky-made arbalest to shoot an electric Brook at Oars was peak One Piece.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why wold Nami use electricity if she had Monet's devil fruit? (^:

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

The idea of a bunch of neatly planned out, regimented 1v1 crew fights sounds kind of boring, going forward in One Piece, to be honest. I'm not sure why people are so eager for it. I hope the last time we see something like that is with The Black Beard crew.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Oda's really good at not using generic fights though, there's a lot of people who can beat "Unbeatable" opponents like Usopp being so negative that Perona's ghosts did nothing to him, or Luffy's innate ability to resist electricity so Enel had to get more creative. It's not just sword-pushing or over-using the same ability

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Space-Bird posted:

The idea of a bunch of neatly planned out, regimented 1v1 crew fights sounds kind of boring, going forward in One Piece, to be honest. I'm not sure why people are so eager for it. I hope the last time we see something like that is with The Black Beard crew.

I feel the same way, with the exception of the Monster Trio, because this just wouldn't be a shonen manga without incredible solo feats of strength. I think it would be more interesting to see the rest of the crew team up in different combinations and fight that way.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I like Sanji's dad "Boy, we must fight, like men, this is how we talk out our differences."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

I like Sanji's dad "Boy, we must fight, like men, this is how we talk out our differences."

He's refreshing to the point.

"Son, I heartily welcome you to our family and encourage you to take part in my nefarious plan."

"SHUT UP EVIL DAD I HATE YOU"

"Yeah, I know where this is going. Let's skip to the part where we fight and I win."

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Shoren posted:

I feel the same way, with the exception of the Monster Trio, because this just wouldn't be a shonen manga without incredible solo feats of strength. I think it would be more interesting to see the rest of the crew team up in different combinations and fight that way.

Well we're about to see Chopper and Nami chump a Yonkou executive. That should be pretty good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the best team up is still zoro+usopp in enies lobby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Manatee Cannon posted:

the best team up is still zoro+sanji in the groggy ring

I still get chills when they agree to team up and promptly completely destroy their opponents in seconds.