Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vdate
Oct 25, 2010
I'm sure they'll fill me with rage when I pick up the game again and finally finish floor 15, but it does seem like a really cool idea to have the enemy adventurer team also use Force Breaks. Plus, in general I think I prefer bosses to actually try and smash the crap out of me instead of being jokes like Esbat were in the original EO2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Update 62: 冻住! 不许走!

You know, we've got all these different slices of monster... What would happen if we asked Regina to combine them?
Firstly, I doubt such a process exists for creating a composite meat like what you want. Secondly, I doubt anyone but you would be able to consume such a creation.
Exactly! No-one but me would ever want to eat it, meaning Ranger won't snack on it!
...He's been snacking on the slices I preserved for you?
Yeah...
Firstly, I need to talk with him so this does not happen again. Secondly, I'm amazed he's alive...

We're searching for the Ice King's grave today, because I have a strange compulsion to finish all my quests before going any further in the 6th Stratum.

SYSTEM: Baffled, you check your bag, and findt he Ice King's Book radiating light, and trembling. Upon revealing the block, the crest also seems to shudder, and begins emanating a thin light...

SYSTEM: You examine the tome again, but it simply appears to be a mundane book once more. If you wish to proceed, it seems you will have to lay hands upon the mysterious crest... Once you are ready to touch the crest, reach your hand out!

Much like the last icon, that thing turns into a shortcut after that.

Did you miss the giant areas with tons of ice? Because I sure did.

Again with the near-identical divergences.

Ice Drake
HP: 2451, STR: 65, TEC: 67, VIT: 51, AGI: 46, LUC: 54
Skills:
  • Ice King's Howl: Uses the head. Deals 120% ranged TEC-based Ice damage to the party. Attempts to inflict sleep on hit targets, with a 40% base chance. Has an 80% speed modifier and 120 base accuracy.
Drops:
  • Normal: Frozen Horn. 70% chance. Sells for 2280 en. 1 needed to make Glacier Rod (+151 ATK, +6 VIT, normal attacks become Bash+Ice). 2 needed to make Hail Vambrace (+33 DEF, +10% Ice resistance).
    "Thick, heavy horn that resembles a large sword. Dense, heavy, and unwieldy to carry."
  • Conditional: Shabby Bone (Kill while panicked). 90% chance. Sells for 4980 en. 1 needed to make Athanor (Alchemist ultimate non-body armor; +41 DEF, +25 TP, +3 TEC). 1 needed to make Dragon Helm (Highlander ultimate non-body armor; +55 DEF, +20 HP, +20 TP).
    "Swordlike dorsal bone, twisted from the Drake's insanity. Working it is extremely difficult."
Damage resistances:
100% 100% 100% 100% 0% 150%
Disable resistances:
100% 100% 50% 50% 0% 100% 50%
50% 50% 50%
100% 100% 100%

The frosty breath from this dragon will affect its prey as well as its own body.

Ice Drakes can be incredibly deadly if you don't have either Ice Wall or anyone quick enough to either kill them or disable them before Ice King's Howl. Good thing both of those are pretty easy to come by, no?

The only other big thing about them is that practically every encounter in the 3rd Stratum secret area has an Ice Drake in it. Great fun, I tell you.

Mmm... Bleh. It tastes frozen. No other taste at all.
Were you expecting something different?

Even slow-as-molasses-going-uphill-in-January-with-crutches Ranger can outspeed Snow Lizards by this point.

Should I just toss these slices, Sophie?
Eh, I wouldn't. Maybe Regina can use it as a kind of exotic ice.

This update is honestly going to be really light since it's really hard to talk about the ice areas.

Lots of chests by this point will just have some kind of high-level consumable, which I'm not gonna complain about.

I mean, really, how do I make sliding around that area for about 5 minutes interesting? It doesn't help that every encounter is 100% unremarkable.

The stairs lead to this small area that's basically just a corridor.

SYSTEM: A human-like silhouette melts into the snowy environs upon realizing your presence.
Hi.
SYSTEM: You trudge closer, but a gust of wind blows through the room, and the silhouette disappears.
...I believe we might have just witnessed...
A ghost?
I prefer the term spirit, but in a sense, yes.
SYSTEM: You squint, wondering if you saw true, but nothing is there. What could it have been...?

That event is so abrupt that I believe Atlus only put it in to make this corridor not just something to walk through.

Another small area.

Huh. Floor's in a checkerboard pattern.
I refuse to believe this formed naturally.
That belief begs a question, however: who is responsible for this?
Does it really matter?

I don't know why Atlus thinks 3rd Stratum FOEs are threatening.

The Stun Knife has a 30% base chance to stun enemies upon a basic attack.

This isn't your average, everyday trash. This is...advanced trash.

If you kill the Wandering Eyes, which you should very much be capable of, there is no special trick to moving around this room.

I went back to town to save and drop off drops.

Glacier Rod (+151 ATK, +6 VIT, normal attacks become Bash+Ice) is unlocked by selling 1 Frozen Horn.

Dragon Helm (Highlander ultimate non-body armor; +55 DEF, +20 HP, +20 TP) is made from 1 Shabby Bone. Can you tell that Atlus really had no idea how to gracefully do Highlander ultimate armor?

Hail Vambrace (+33 DEF, +10% Ice resistance) is unlocked by selling 2 Frozen Horns.

Athanor (Alchemist ultimate non-body armor; +41 DEF, +25 TP, +3 TEC) is made from 1 Shabby Bone. More TP and TEC for the elemental damage goddess.

Oh god look at how much empty space there is between us and the rest of the floor. This is going to be long, huh?

There was absolutely nothing interesting going on for a solid 6 minutes of raw footage.

Giant empty halls can only mean one thing.
That our goal is here?
If I was a fancy monarch, I'd wanna be buried in a big, symmetrical hall, too.

SYSTEM: The footprints you leave in the snow reveal that you stand on a sturdy stone floor. You see faint but unmistakable signs of the High Lagaard crest engraved into the ground!
Aha! I suppose this does seem like an appropriate burial ground for someone referred to as the Ice King.
SYSTEM: This can only be the Ice King's grave that you came to find! As you exult in your discovery, you notice something at your feet. You pick it up and see that it is a white Auratum.

Hmm... Flowers like this don't naturally grow in frigid climates.
SYSTEM: To have lived this long in such cold surroundings... Was it planted here deliberately? It may serve as proof that you have uncovered the grave. You stow it in your bag. When you return to Lagaard, you should report your success back at the bar.

Ahh, yeh're back. So did yeh find this so-called “Ice King?" What? Yeh weren't lookin' for him? Well, that's no fun...
C-Cass, we didn't say we weren't looking for the Ice King. Well, anyway, we found the nation's crest in this big room--probably a safe bet it's the Ice King's grave.
The nation's crest, eh? Wait...does that mean our rulers went into the Labyrinth themselves in the old days? Now that's interesting... Hm? What's with the flower? Why would I need that? The Grand Duchy's gonna send a team to the coordinates yeh gave. Get it properly verified and all. I'll tell them what yeh found. Here's the reward! Come back anytime!

Before we end the update, Quona has some dialogue now that we've finished The sleeping Duke.

Oh? Is that white thing a flower? It's...really pretty...
The Auratum? Yes, it's a flower.
Your guess is as good as ours for how it grew there.
This flower'll just melt in our pack. Do you want it? Actually, take it.
...Melt?

Wow... Thank you...! It's really pretty, and it smells really good...hee hee... I'll make sure to take good care of it. Oh, this flower reminds me...do you still have that flower charm I gave you?
It's gotta be in the pack somewhere. Think this is it.
SYSTEM: You take out the small charm Quona gave you and show it to her.
O-Oh... It's all shriveled up... Um...this flower grows on the 14th floor, right...? Hmm... If I prepare properly...
Um, Quona, what are you talking about?
Huh? O-Oh, it's nothing. I'm fine, hehe... Th-Thanks for the flower. I'll make sure to find a place for it!

Ugh... Luca, it's almost 4 AM. The sun's coming up in just a few hours. What kept you guys?
...Oh, gods, it IS that late. Were you up all this time waiting for us to get back?
It's not like I've had much else to do for the past three weeks. ...P-plus, if you guys die, that's five less people I get to patch up and charge for.
Slipping around on ice really eats up time, I guess.
I trust no-one will object to us sleeping in for some hours. Come on, Sophie...
Do you think Regina's still up? I'm hungry from not eating my usual 8 PM, 9 PM, 10 PM, 11 PM, midnight, 1 AM, 2 AM, and 3 AM steaks.

Next time: that one other quest we have, followed by actual 6th Stratum exploration. Surprising, I know.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow, that is a ridiculous slide puzzle. And the squares you slip don't actually count for getting in fights either, do they? So it's just monotony.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Glazius posted:

Wow, that is a ridiculous slide puzzle. And the squares you slip don't actually count for getting in fights either, do they? So it's just monotony.

Correct. This update was really short, but the actual raw footage is a bit over 20 minutes just because of the ice puzzles--not even random encounters on them, just the puzzles themselves.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Correct. This update was really short, but the actual raw footage is a bit over 20 minutes just because of the ice puzzles--not even random encounters on them, just the puzzles themselves.

Hoo boy, that brings back a lot of memories about one of the DLC missions :shepicide:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The Highlander equipment is because Atlus had the bright idea to make a class DLC. If you don't have it, you can't buy any of it in the shop. Which is weird when it comes to Spears because Protectors can actually use them. Though that's probably because Hoplites in EO3 used Spears.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jul 6, 2016

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
No matter how I slice it, the next update is gonna just be the very short "Old scars, flaring anew" quest, followed by 26F. Meaning it's a very belated vote time.

I'm not gonna provide descriptions or categories for characters for 6th Stratum exploration: just toss in a maximum of four votes, with a maximum of two per character.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Nadia x2, Tyler, and Asriel

shadowofshinra
Apr 12, 2014
Rheine, Freyja, Jackie, Phoebe

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

4 × (Ragnar's choice)

I figure there's few enough stories left for these characters and you know which ones you want to tell and when to use obligate characters for what reasons.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I make alive things dead and sometimes the other way around.
Nadia x2, Tyler, Rheine. I will have Nadia be more active if it kills me.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
2x Ragnar's Choice, 2x Asriel

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

2x Jackie
2x Whatever

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Zack, Zack, Ursa and Realga

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

I'm Doctor Shibbo, and this is Jackass.
Nap Ghost
Rheine, Phoebe, Ursa, Ragnar's Choice

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Random.org has decided I should vote for Sophie, Realga, Zack, and Phoebe.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
TyleRheine x2

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Rheine, Rheine, Freyja, Freyja

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

quote:

My choice: 9
Rheine: 7
Nadia: 4
Tyler: 4
Freyja: 3
Phoebe: 3
Zack: 3
Asriel: 3
Jackie: 3

Realga: 2
Ursa: 2
Sophie: 1

That's a hell of a tie; a 5-way tie for the last spot. Thankfully, I have enough votes to break it and end voting.

The 26F party shall be Phoebe, Tyler, Nadia, Jackie, Rheine.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Update 63: WHAT ARE THESE ICY BULBS FIGHTING FORRRRRRRR

Finally, a chance to actually explore! It's been, like, a month.
Gotta say, I could go for a nice stroll in the new stratum.
Alright, got my pen... Aw crap, did I leave my notes with Ranger? He'd better not have colored in random things again...
I guess a brief respite is too much to ask for...
Ah, don't worry 'bout it, Rheine! I'm pumped up n' ready to go! Nothin' to worry about with me around!

This is a party that I don't have much to say about.

Wait, what? We got mail? From who?!

...Hat guy's guild?

Huh. Guess they're stronger than they look.
"Stronger than they look?!" This guild card states that they've completely explored the Labyrinth!
How did they even do that if no-one's gotten to the top yet?
Hmm... Yeh wanna bet on time travel? Ha!
I mean, they were talking about somethin' they called "The Time Fuckery Machine."
I put as much stock in their drunken ramblings as I do in Ranger having a coherent train of thought.

This happened because my normal 3DS StreetPassed my recording 3DS. The 3DS EO games use StreetPass to share guild cards.

The great thing about Guild Cards in EO2U is that you can trade for whatever Grimoires the selected character has. For example, if I wanted Peerless Combo level 10 from Sapph there, I could trade for it like I'd trade for a Grimoire from Grimoire Trade.

Ah, gods, it's TOO HOT! Whose bright idea was it t' take this quest?!
I'm beginning to regret only having one uniform type...
SYSTEM: The vivid scarlet of the forest around you reminds you of flames, but that's little more than a visual effect... What could explain this heat!? The intense temperature seems to be coming from the door directly in front of you. What lies beyond this door...? Once you are ready, open the door, and proceed forward!

SYSTEM: Deep inside the hidden woods, the passage surrounded by tall, crimson walls is as hot as flames... The dirt beneath your feet is burning hot, and the air further ahead is hazy and flickering... The geothermal abnormalities discovered on the south of the 9th floor must have originated from here. Your quest will be complete once you make a thorough search here to discover the cause.
I can't see anything obvious...
Aside from th' giant red tablet in the middle?

SYSTEM: It is a round red tablet, roughly the size of your arm. You have no idea if it will come in handy, but there's no reason not to take it.

SYSTEM: You don't find anything else that could be useful. This would be a good place to end the investigation for now.

Ack! Uh, should we come back later?
Well... I suppose I don't mind, since you already know my darkest secrets.
Well, okay then. We found this giant red tablet while we were investigating the rising geotherms...
That is...! There's no mistake...that's from the monster that fought before us... That is its...scale.
Huh. I'm gonna guess it's about as big as that dragon we fought a bit ago.
So you found the room on the 9th floor... I see... In that case, bring it to the Bar and hand it to Cass, along with the report. If I tell him that you did a good job, then he won't have any complaints.

Ahhh, yeh're back... Eh? Yeh lot look like yeh've lost weight.
I feel like I'm gonna burst into flames at any moment...
I think bringing Realga there, in light of past events, would've made her pop a blood vessel...
Cass, I don't drink normally, but please, gimme the coldest thing you've got...
Hmm? The geo-whatsits are in the secret area? Yeh came back because yeh were dehydrated!? Well, at least yeh came back. The job's done! I'll report to the Grand Duchy for yeh.
We also found this large tablet-scale. Yes, I suppose that is an appropriate term.
Eh...? Yeh have something for me? A tablet? Why would yeh do this? Don't yeh know the paperwork the Grand Duchy will saddle me with!? Labyrinth rules: Yeh found it in the forest, yeh keep it! I'm sure it's valuable, too... Ah, and here's yer reward! Thanks, yeh lot!

Hamao Primes restore 200 HP and 40 TP to one target. Blech.

Finishing Old scars, flaring anew unlocked this quest.

Could yeh lot handle this one? It's a bit of a bother. The client's part of a famous guild... Not more famous than yeh lot, but then who is? Their landsknecht's favorite axe has gone dull. He asks that yeh bring the axe in to have it sharpened... But there's a catch.
There always is...
The sharpener needs a whetstone and his fee before he can do his work. The worst part is that whoever takes the request has to put up the items, and the money too!
What kind of dickwad makes that a condition of a quest?!
Hopefully, the reward will make up for whatever yeh're out. The whole business bothers me. But I'm glad someone took the quest so's it's off the board. Yeh can find the sharpener on the 16th floor. Here's the axe for him.

As much as I'm extremely annoyed right now, this is a niiiice axe.
Hmm? That so? Well, I guess it seems pretty sturdy... Haw! Everythin's always about the explorin' with yeh lot... All I see is a ragged, rusty old axe that ain't gonna bring in a dime for me! Haw haw haw! So lemme give yeh some more details. I heard the sharpener uses Ironwood and Moonstone, and the fee is 1000en. Awright then, go bring the stuff the sharpener needs to this spot on the 16th floor. G'luck!

I send the Byeahs to get the required items, and head off to 16F after.

SYSTEM: Inside, a male winged one is looking around the room, as if looking for something. When he finally notices your presence, he gives you a glance, greeting you briefly.

O-oh. Greetings.
SYSTEM: You are surprised by his bizarre attitude, but return his greeting. The man continues almost instantly...
Tell me, what do you think? Think this could be a shop? What's your shop look like?
Ah, uh, um... Crap, how do you respond to that?
SYSTEM: The questions come so rapidly that you have no time to answer any of them. The man laughs...
Sorry. Forgot where I was for a moment. Okay. What now? Whaddaya want?
SYSTEM: You think back to the quest you accepted at the bar... You agreed to take an axe to the sharpener in the Labyrinth. This must be the man. You tell him the details of the quest, and await his response.
Yep. That's me. The Labyrinth's sharpener.
We got the stuff you need to work right here.
Good, you brought the stuff... Hand me that axe.
SYSTEM: He takes the axe and checks its blade with his finger, then sits down to begin his work.

SYSTEM: The eccentric sharpener sounds somewhat disappointed as he hands you the freshly sharpened axe.
The gods weep. This is the sharpest weapon I've ever seen!
This is simply amazing...!
Amazing? Isn't it pretty normal? I don't see any other sharpeners or anything. I guess I can't tell... Hey, that sword in your bag. Where'd you find that?
A bizarre sequence of events involving your chief.
I wouldn't mind a crack at that one...
SYSTEM: You recall the sword you picked up from the sixth stratum...and are mildly surprised he saw it through your bag.
Next time. Next time... That axe was too boring. So I don't want to do any more sharpening today. Bye-bye now.
SYSTEM: The sharpener waves his hand in farewell, then promptly lays down on the forest floor without further explanation. At any rate, your quest should be complete now. All that remains is to bring the axe back and report to Cass.

Yeh're back. So, how good is this sharpener, anyway?
Take a look for yourself.
Holy--this is the same axe!? It looks like it was forged an hour ago! Now I see why that landsknecht insisted on this sharpener... I've never seen finer work! Yeh shoulda had had yer weapons sharpened as well. Too late now, though! Haw haw haw! Anyways, here's the reward. Use it wisely, awright? Thanks!

I'm running out of things to say about levels.

Oh, Jackie learned Double Action since we last saw her. It gives attack skills a chance to activate twice, for no extra TP cost. It doesn't stack with Action Boost, unfortunately, but it's still one of the better passives for damage dealers. It averages out to the same bonus as stuff like Phys/Elem ATK Up, but admit it, it's more fun watching a skill activate twice.

Well, no sense putting it off. Let's start 26F.

I can't see a drat thing!
A-a strange metallic monster is blocking my way!
That'd be my shield, Your Highness.
Jackie, I know it's hard to see right now, but please stop grabbing my face.
Eep! S-sorry, Nadia...

Veterans of EO3 might be getting bad flashbacks right now. Welcome to no map sections. While you're in these sections, your position is not shown on the map, discovered tiles are not updated, and if you have auto-pan enabled, like I do, it does not work in these rooms. And, no, zooming out and zooming in on the map does not work--Atlus wised up to that after EO3.

Unlike EO3's no map sections, however, EO2U's are not unconditional.

I...think that thing's causin' the fog?
C'mon, let's get it! We'll find it! ...Eventually.

That thing emitting fog is an Icy Bulb, and they are what cause the no-map effect.

Come back here this instant!

Icy Bulbs aggro on you when you get close to them, and will actively run away from you. How do you solve this, you're probably asking?

You run into a loving DINOSAUR

Mokele-mbembe
HP: 2396, STR: 58, TEC: 57, VIT: 44, AGI: 48, LUC: 42
Skills:
  • Electric Impact: Does nothing for one turn. Can be interrupted by Blast Grenades, which will stop the skill and stun the enemy for one turn. Uses the head. Deals 10 instances of 90% ranged TEC-based Volt damage to random targets. Can hit the same target more than once. Attempts to stun hit targets, with a 40% base chance. Has an 800% speed modifier and 99 base accuracy.
Drops:
  • Normal: Blue Skull. 65% chance. 2360 en. 1 needed to make Blue Mail (+71 DEF). 10 needed to make Solar Claw (+162 ATK). 30 needed to make Sky Metal Helm (Ronin ultimate non-body armor; +53 DEF, +20 HP, +2 STR). 3 Squirming Vines and 3 Blue Skulls needed to make Field Armor (+80 DEF). 5 Blue Skulls and 3 Golden Horns needed to make Land Saker (+155 ATK).
    "Metal-plated skull emitting blue light. It improves the grade of other metals."
  • Conditional: Petrified Scale (Kill with petrification). 100% chance. Sells for 7070 en. 1 needed to make Berserker Mail (Landsknecht ultimate armor; +108 DEF, +15 HP, +3 STR).
    "A hard purple scale from a petrified dragon. Now stone-hard, it can make stronger armor."
  • Ingredient: Kaiju Round Tip. 3-4 given. 5 needed to make Orange-Sauce Kaiju Steak (Western Food 6; all stats +5). 4 needed to make Twice-Cooked Meat (Chinese Food 6; 5% chance to revive dead party members at end of turn). 5 needed to make Sumo Chanko Pot (Japanese Food 6; all Grimoire levels +2).
    "Rare inner loin meat."
Damage resistances:
75% 75% 75% 100% 125% 0%
Disable resistances:
100% 100% 50% 0% 100% 50% 50%
50% 50% 100%
100% 100% 50%

Don't let its size fool you, this is one of the swiftest forest fiends!

Mokele-mbembes are a threat if you let them live past the first turn. Good thing that 2396 HP is pretty piddly for this point in the game--at the very least, multiple damage dealers can kill it in one go.

It literally didn't get a chance to act.

Anyway. It's hard to tell here, but I chased the Icy Bulb into a crevice, where it is stuck--it will not move towards me.

Which lets me fight it.

Icy Bulb
HP: 4577, STR: 78, TEC: 83, VIT: 60, AGI: 44, LUC: 61
Skills:
  • Inflate: Telegraphs that the Icy Bulb is about to use Frost Bomb.
  • Frost Bomb: Uses the head. Used at the end of the turn. Deals 250% ranged TEC-based Ice damage to the entire party. Kills the Icy Bulb after use. Has 150 base accuracy.
Drops:
  • Normal: Frosted Hull. 50% chance. Sells for 2400 en. 1 needed to make Snow Shoes (+27 DEF, +20 TP, +10% Ice resistance, can be equipped by Beasts). 4 needed to make Ice Whip (+153 ATK, normal attacks become Cut+Ice).
    "Highly elastic hull imbued with cold. Grants chilling power to crafted weapons."
  • Conditional: Eternal Hide (Kill after turn 10). 100% chance. Sells for 4000 en. 1 needed to make Angel Robe (Medic ultimate armor; +75 DEF, +3 TEC, +3 VIT).
    "Plant matter carefully aged with no singes. The older, the better it feels."
Damage resistances:
100% 100% 100% 150% 0% 100%
Disable resistances:
50% 50% 50% 50% 75% 50% 75%
10% 10% 50%
50% 50% 50%

It looks like a balloon, but inside, it stores icy gases ready to be spewed out.

Icy Bulbs are completely trivial to kill. Ice Wall completely nullifies Frost Bomb and you'll always know when it's happening.

Getting that conditional without a Hexer is another story. With a Hexer, you can chain together a combination of disables and easily ensure that the battle will go on long enough. Without that, though, getting the battle beyond 10 turns is almost entirely luck.

The battle was completely uninteresting. The Icy Bulb literally did nothing but attack.

I'm not even trying for the conditional with this party, I'm gonna come back later with Sophie.

Ah, much better. I can see more than a few feet in front'a me!

Once you've killed all of the Icy Bulbs in a room, the fog will dissipate.

I've literally run out of things I want on Phoebe, honestly.

Dammit, not again.

Anyone got any idea why we can see the sky?
Labyrinth logic's why.

I don't have the patience to kill the Icy Bulb for such a simple room.

Oh, yeah, Icy Bulbs respawn after one day. Wooooooooooooooooo.

It's really hard to show these rooms, honestly, since the entire gimmick is stumbling around blindly until you kill the Icy Bulb.

Ooh, treasure!
What're you waiting for? Get it!
My survival instinct is screaming right now. Please just stop--

I knew it.
EEEEK!
WAAGH!
Please, you two, learn to listen to our Survivalist...

The chest has an Asterius spawn point right in front of it.

Too bad these things aren't that hard to fight.

Postgame level ups are really fun.

The name might be confusing you--this thing has Reverb on it.

Look at all that blind stumbling I saved you from.

Why me? Why these things again?
What an eerie sight in the middle of this paradise...

Damage tiles are back! And they deal a whopping 50 per step this time.

I wish I could say something interesting about that room, but I can't. C'est la vie.

I may not be able t' see more than a few steps in front'a me, but I can tell we're near the thorns.
What I'd give for some really thick boots.

You can really badly hurt yourself by trying to walk in that room with the fog.

A-Asterius straight in front of us!
The hell did he come from?!

Asterius spawn points in random areas will start showing up more from here on out.

In this room, the only ways forward involve walking in front of the spawn. Choose your path wisely!

Trying to do that without walking over the thorns is an exercise in frustration, since Asterii don't care about damage tiles.

...This is just a normal orange.
Expecting something different?

Here's a chop point.

Seriously, just look at this mess.

We're done with the floor, at least.

Tally-ho, back in time--er, to town we go!

No-one has any new dialogue, since killing Golem was technically the trigger for 27F dialogue and quests.

Meaning this is the end for this update.

Next time: 27F.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
27F vote time! It's mostly just a giant, open area, with tons of damage tiles, some Asterius spawn points, and half of the room is an Icy Bulb area. Woo.

Once again, no descriptions, just vote for a maximum of four characters, with a maximum of two votes for one character.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

2x Rheine, 2x Zack

Monarch March isn't the best solution but I find it helps with damage tiles quite a bit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
2x Ranger, 2x Phoebe

shadowofshinra
Apr 12, 2014
Sophie, Rheine, Collette, Phoebe

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Sophie, Colette, Nadia, Freyja. Lockdown into huge damage team!

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I make alive things dead and sometimes the other way around.
Icy Bulbs give a surprising amount of experience for how easy they are to kill, especially since they respawn when you leave the floor.

Zack, Asriel, Realga, Ranger.

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

I'm Doctor Shibbo, and this is Jackass.
Nap Ghost
Asriel, Rheine, Colette, Sophie. Gotta get that Icy Bulb conditional at some point, plus we don't see enough of the best ronin in existence.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Zack x2, Sophie x2

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

BlackPersona posted:

Sophie, Colette, Nadia, Freyja. Lockdown into huge damage team!

This seems like a good team to me. Status effects all the way!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

4x don't care.

I got a bit taken by surprise when they added in the no map rooms from EO3. Though these ones are more tame than those versions.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Results are:

quote:

Sophie: 6
Zack: 5

My choice: 4
Rheine: 4
Colette: 4
Ranger: 3
Phoebe: 3

Freyja: 2
Nadia: 2
Asriel: 2
Realga: 1

Using my votes, the next party shall be:

Zack, Colette, Phoebe, Sophie, Rheine.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm guessing you can't just stock up on blast grenades to disrupt the Frost Bomb?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Glazius posted:

I'm guessing you can't just stock up on blast grenades to disrupt the Frost Bomb?

No. The inflation isn't like Charge--it doesn't indicate that the enemy can be interrupted.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Just posting to say that I haven't forgotten this thing, I've just been spending my free time playing games instead of doing LP stuff this past week, and now that I have access to EO5's data, I'm picking that apart.

Next update should hopefully be out before the weekend's over, and now that I've finished Zero Time Dilemma, I'll be working on it more after this.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Wait, what? Doesn't EO5 not come out for like another two weeks?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

vdate posted:

Wait, what? Doesn't EO5 not come out for like another two weeks?

You're correct, but the demo hit the Japanese eShop this past Wednesday, and while a lot of the game is trimmed out for space reasons, the data tables weren't.

They're all formatted exactly like EO2U, too, so all my old (terribly-written) Python scripts that I made for the Untolds are coming in handy again. :v:

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Ragnar Homsar posted:

They're all formatted exactly like EO2U, too, so all my old (terribly-written) Python scripts that I made for the Untolds are coming in handy again. :v:

Hooray for programmer laziness!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Update 64: RuneScape is for Prick(ly Floor)s

Brooch and bluebird... Brooch and bluebird...
If you don't mind me askin', Zack, why're you repeatin' that?
I didn't get to finish reading one part of Colette's anthology, and I wanna make sure I remember these important things when I get back.
Which part are you reading? Is it the one where a bunch of identical mercenaries fight a war over gravel? I love that one!
Uh, no. Not nearly as funny. Actually, this one...well, these three, aren't funny at all.
What degree of "not funny" are we referring to here?
One scene a few chapters ago mentioned a timeline where humanity's completely exterminated in a "nuclear war," whatever that is.
I suppose we should be glad the apocalypse event one thousand years ago wiped out only most of the population on this continent...

Time for 27F, the least engaging floor design in the series.

drat iiiiiit. Why these prickly floors again?

Thorned floors as far as the eye can see...

Yep, that dread in your stomach is entirely justified: 27F's gimmick is being a massively open field with tons of thorny floors. And no, that's not even the worst of it.

Oh yeah there's Asterii too, as if this floor wasn't fun enough.

King Shroom
HP: 925, STR: 55, TEC: 38, VIT: 41, AGI: 34, LUC: 39
Skills:
  • Greedy Bite: Uses the head. Deals melee 100% STR-based bash damage to one party member, with splash damage. Reduces hit targets' physical defenses by 50% for 4 turns. Has an 80% speed modifier and 99 base accuracy.
Drops:
  • Normal: Gold Spore. 45% chance. Sells for 1020 en. 1 needed to make Golden Gun (+141 ATK). 2 Crystal Vines and 5 Gold Spores needed to make Tormentor (+147 ATK).
    "The gilded spores of a giant mushroom. Its beauty is a stark contrast to its source."
  • Ingredient: Meaty Cap. 1 given. 1 needed to make Caterpillar Casserole (Western Food 6; gives +1 retry after party is annihilated). 2 needed to make Shumai (Chinese Food 6; +80% petrify res). 1 needed to make Eastern Nishime (Japanese Food 6; forces all FOE and most boss encounters to be preemptive attacks).
    "A cap with a large mouth."
Damage resistances:
125% 100% 100% 125% 100% 100%
Disable resistances:
50% 100% 0% 50% 100% 100% 100%
100% 100% 100%
50% 100% 100%

King Shrooms are complete non-entities. They barely deal any damage and die to a stiff breeze.

Bloody Lizard
HP: 590, STR: 47, TEC: 42, VIT: 41, AGI: 41, LUC: 41
Skills:
  • Affection Collar: Uses the head. Heals all enemies for 700% healing power, and increases their AGI by 100% for 4 turns. Has a 1% speed modifier.
Drops:
  • Normal: Golden Horn. 35% chance. Sells for 1130 en. 1 needed to make Vorpal Blade (+158 ATK). 5 Blue Skulls and 3 Golden Horns needed to make Land Saker (+155 ATK). 10 Golden Horns and 6 Damascus Claws needed to make Full Plate (+88 DEF).
    "The unique golden horn of a Bloody Lizard. Used often in weaponry for its hardness."
  • Conditional: Poisoned Hide (Kill while poisoned). 80% chance. Sells for 2070 en. 1 needed to make Divine Orb (+100 TP).
    "Soft lizard hide with poison-formed spots. Treating it with gems enhances concentration."
  • Ingredient: Lizard Loin. 1-2 given. 4 needed to make Bamboo Sarmale (Western Food 6; party members recover 5% of damage they deal as HP). 5 needed to make BBQ Lizard (Chinese Food 6; +80% instant death resistance).
    "Healing white loin meat."
Damage resistances:
100% 100% 100% 50% 150% 100%
Disable resistances:
100% 100% 100% 100% 50%% 100% 150%
50% 100% 100%
100% 100% 100%

Its blood-red frills turn speckled when it's poisoned.

Kill Bloody Lizards first if at all possible. Affection Collar mercifully has a 1% speed modifier, but if it gets it off, you can see a lot of hard work undone...if you're not just nuking enemies down immediately.

Wish I could eat you, but we gotta go!

I ran for reasons I don't remember. It didn't involve Colette dying.

There really is basically nothing to this floor. It's just a giant field with damage tiles and Asterii spawn points.

This is the beefiest cauliflower I've ever seen.
Beefy as in size, surely.

There's stairs up peppering the entire floor, but only one of them actually goes anywhere useful.

This wasn't one of them.

Huh, actual progress.
We are nowhere finished with the map, however. Back we go!

This is, however.

Guess those Icy Bulbs don't just stick to the last floor.
MY FACE!
I'm guessing he ran into a wall.

Know what's even more fun than giant empty rooms? Giant empty rooms with fog.

As far as I'm concerned, these stairs are basically just ways to run away from Asterii.

Lord Saguaro
HP: 1619, STR: 60, TEC: 44, VIT: 47, AGI: 27, LUC: 45
Skills:
  • Rejection Needle: Uses the arms. Counters physical damage with 150% melee STR-based stab damage to the source of damage. Has a 200% speed modifier and 99 base accuracy.
Drops:
  • Normal: Withered Spine. 40% chance. Sells for 1220 en. 1 needed to make King's Armguard (+31 DEF, +20 HP). 10 needed to make Ichimonji (+178 ATK). 2 Forest Branches and 4 Withered Spines needed to make Shidgedou (+141 ATK).
    "A durable thorn the color of rotting wood. Be careful of its sharpness when carrying."
  • Conditional: Crzed Stinger (Kill while panicked). 80% chance. Sells for 2150 en. 1 needed to make King's Collar (Beast ultimate armor; +109 DEF, +40 HP, _40 TP).
    "Unusual stinger that appears when confused. It's quickly shed, and is hard to obtain."
Damage resistances:
100% 50% 150% 50% 50% 50%
Disable resistances:
50% 100% 50% 50% 100% 100% 50%
50% 50% 100%
100% 100% 100%

A cyclopean cactus whose eye glimmers in the dark. It can fire off needles without any effort.

Lord Sauguari are pretty unremarkable. Bind their arms or just inflict any debilitating disable and they're harmless. The only annoying thing about them is their 50% resistance to all elemental damage.

Once you get past the thorns...it still tastes pretty bad! Ew ew ew.

I still want a piece of it for research.

There is legitimately nothing interesting about 27F. It's all just open plains and that one fog room, which took me over 30 minutes to completely map. You'll forgive me for just skipping it.

As compensation, 28F town dialogue.

...So? What do you think? Good...?
Erm, how do I put this? It tastes really, um...boneless?
A, that's not even a word you use to describe taste. B, it's delicious! What's wrong with your taste buds?!
This was actually made by my daughter. She said she wanted you all to have a taste. I knew she was a hard worker, but she's been doing everything she can lately. I'm sure she wants to help you. Haha, I suppose I should be thanking you! Oh, right... I should be calling you... Lumen, right? See, I remember your guild name. It's a lovely name, really! Maybe I should rename this place to the Lumen Inn.
Vanity aside, that does actually sound like a pleasant name.
Bahaha, I'm just kidding! Your faces! You're all still going into the Labyrinth and investigating it, right? Well I hope you'll still come and visit us. Quona and I will always be waiting to welcome you back!

Oh, Rheine, there's a piece of grass stuck in your hair. Eheheh...here, let me get it for you. There! I got it off.
Well, thank you.
Wow...this is a plant from the Labyrinth, right? Um...would it be all right if I kept it?
Sssssssssure, I guess... Why, though?
I-I'm serious! I-I mean, I've never been in the Labyrinth. Maybe it's just regular old grass to you, but it's something I don't get to see every day, and...and besides... Er...um...w-well, it's, uh...I-I just thought maybe I could feel a little like...like you do, when you're out exploring in the forest...
I don't see why not, even if it is a little weird!
None of us have the right to call anything weird, to be honest.
I-I mean, nevermind! Forget I said that! That must have sounded so weird...! I-I'll be working over there...so... Um, I hope I didn't come off as some weirdo, there...

You're only hearing about this now?
When you think about it, though, it seems pretty obvious. You found the fabled castle, and even solved its ultimate mystery. Why would they call you anything but heroes? When I think about it... I'm sending heroes off to do my errands. That's...a rather startling thought.

Hey, yeh're all famous now, but when yeh get even bigger in the world... Yeh better still come and visit me, or else! And don't forget it! Haw haw haw!
Of all the bars in the world, we walked into his...

Haughty doctor:

I'd say I'm rather unexciting, and my methods of exploration are thus similarly unexciting. That's simply my way, but... I didn't think that I would continue the exploration for this long. Should I preach my philosophy to the new adventurers that come to High Lagaard...? Perhaps I'll call it Slow-And-Steadyism. If that's the case, then I would be its founding prophet... O-Oh, just thinking of it gives me butterflies in my stomach... Rather than that, let's speak of the exploration. Have you run into Crazed Pumpkins? They appear while lurking behind walls... but while they're inside the walls, they can't seem to tell where you are. And on top of that, it can't attack you directly from inside the wall... Yes, one secured in a special position is not guaranteed advantage over others... Just as in life... Mm, did that sound sufficiently sagely...? Perhaps I might make a good prophet...

Goddamned pumpkins.

Leggy dark hunter:

Hey there, Lumen... You having fun taking on the monsters?
Not so much "taking on the monsters" as "eating the monsters," but yeah!
Mmhmhm...me too. It feels so good to have met up with such a strong guild! ...Well, that's what I want to say...but exploring is just such a hassle sometimes. Especially that trap that sends you somewhere totally different in the blink of an eye! It's just so annoying. Maybe there's a logic behind it. That's what our alchemist says, anyway, so I'm sending him off to go investigate.
Is that...advisable? I mean, I would hesitate to send Stardust out on her own...
Realga would kill you for doing that!
Hmm? Will he be alright on his own? Oh, don't worry. He's a big boy. He can take care of himself. Hmhmhmhm.

The best-laid plans:

Hey, could yeh lot take a look at that quest for me? I really recommend it.
You're not making us do your scutwork, are you?
What's with that look? I wouldn't just recommend yeh a dangerous, cheap, and dirty job, now would I? Y'see, they apparently found a mysterious rock in front of the Palace, and they put up a notice about it... And then they found out there's a place on the sixth stratum where the rock might be supposed to go. They say... if yeh put the rock where it belongs, yeh open a road to a new world, and a new life... In other words, yeh might find an entrance to a hidden room. So now it's up to yeh adventurers! The only problem is... we don't know where exactly on the sixth stratum this place is.
Sounds like a lot of annoyance for little reward.
What're yeh talkin' about? Yeh've handled worse stuff'n this, haven't yeh? Here, this is the rock from the Palace. G'luck!

It's kind of important that we do this, because it unlocks a postgame boss.

A life in the balance:

Yeh're just in time! We've got a problem--the innkeeper's daughter is missin'! The guard corps's out looking for her. Hurry and head to the Inn! Yeh should go listen to her story, and help out! We're counting on yeh!
B-but we just saw her! How could she go missing that suddenly?!
Hanna first, questions later. Actually, that last quest first, then Hanna, then questions.

Chasing the dream:

Look out, it's Lumen!
We don't appreciate being treated like those that we fight.
What, yeh don't like bein' treated like monsters? Haw haw haw! Sorry about that. Yeh came up while I was waitin', so I felt like sayin' it. This quest's meant for yeh. Remember when yeh went to meet that sharpener? He came and submitted a quest. Said he made some kind of promise with yeh... Well, I didn't actually see him or anythin'. The quest was just...suddenly there.
Do you know what he meant by "promise?"
Eh? Well, how would I know what he meant by the promise? Yeh're the ones he made the promise with--shouldn't yeh remember? Never mind... Anyways, bring him 3 Gold Spores, and...uh... What was the other? Oh, right, remember how yeh went to check out the geothermal activity? He wants yeh to bring the tablet yeh picked up then! He's waitin' at the place where yeh met him before, so get movin'! That's about it. G'luck!

Eh, Quona potentially being in mortal danger can wait. Let's talk to Marion and Dubois.

Do you remember back when you chose a name for your guild? It's been a while since then, hasn't it? I haven't fulfilled my promise from back then. I said that if you became a renowned guild, I'd ask the name's meaning...
Oh, right, that.
...What do you mean, “Oh, that"? A promise is a promise. So, out with it. What does Lumen mean to you?
I think Luca said it was just a word she saw in a script once.
...Oh. I see. So that's what it means. I...well, I suppose I imagined a much deeper meaning to it. Hm? No, it doesn't matter what I thought it meant! At any rate, I have now fulfilled my promise. It was weighing too heavily on my conscience to simply let a promise go unfulfilled. Truly, I was losing sleep over it.
I really hope you're just joking.
That is all I have to say. If you need nothing more, than I won't keep you further.

We have been scouring our records for information... But we have yet to find any. If something turns up, I'll alert you... Lady Gradriel ordered it herself. She told us that any peril you must face is something the whole nation must face. And to think explorers would win the heart of Lady Gradriel...my, my. What am I to do with her!
I hope you mean in the "friends" sense, and not in the...sense.
Sophie, what is the meaning of those bizarre eyebrow movements? Why are you shifting them up and down rapidly?
You've never engaged the eyebrows before? You should try it sometime, it's fun!
Under normal circumstances, of course, I would have to take some sort of action against such insolence... However, it would seem that none in the Grand Duchy have any objections to your significance to her... That includes myself, of course. Hahahaha! The Duke's Palace is certainly a fine home these days!

Let's start A life in the balance.

I'm afraid it's true... My little girl is missing. Oh, I'm so worried! But I mustn't panic... I have to stay calm. That's what being an innkeeper is all about. You came to help, didn't you? Thank you so much...
Do you have any information on where Quona might be?
Oh, yes! The details...ah...but I'm afraid I honestly don't know what exactly happened... When I woke up this morning, my daughter was gone. She still hasn't come back, and nobody in town saw her... Do you have any ideas?
She mentioned flowers the last time we saw her.
Flower...? Now that you mention it, I remember too! Something about having made flower pins at the place you took her to, or how it withered so she has to make a new one... Does that mean...she went to go find the flowers? ...Can you go to that place on the 14th floor that you went to with Quona, just to see if she's there?
As soon as we take care of the sharpener's request, we will head straight down. You have my word.
I see. It is a dangerous place, after all... I'll leave it to your judgment. I can't think about how that girl must be feeling...in a place like that... Please, please...please find my baby girl...

...Well, that's some text that just got copy-pasted from EO2.

(Chasing the dream took place in the 5th Stratum in EO2. It involved having to wait 24 in-game hours before he finished. Yes, it was really goddamn stupid.)

SYSTEM: As you try to think of a polite response to the question, the man cuts in abruptly.
That sword... Didn't you find it in the forest of the gods? You took it without asking!
Um.
SYSTEM: You stand and stare frozen in shock at his unexpected accusation! He peers at you to gauge your reaction, then giggles.
Ah, who cares? You wanted it, didn't you? We called that sword the God's Key in my village... Or so I heard. The forest is getting more dangerous these days... Maybe our god is angry? Know anything about it?
SYSTEM: He stops talking for a moment, and lets out a large sigh.
But who cares? Let me try my hand at that sword. Did you bring the stuff I asked for?
Y-yeah, here.
SYSTEM: Though his mood swings confuse you, you take the Red Tablet and Gold Spore from your pack.
Great! Fantastic. Give me a while... It shouldn't take too long.
SYSTEM: The man grabs the materials from your hands and begins gathering his scattered equipment.

SYSTEM: The man's face is clouded as he hands the sword back to you.
I thought this scale'd work on any sword... Maybe the Gold Spore doesn't pack enough punch... Oh, are you still here? You can go now. See you.
SYSTEM: The man then lays flat on the floor, muttering under his breath as if pondering something. The rust and the grime have been scraped off, but the sword is still far from being sharp. You put it into your backpack and leave the area.

Ahh, yeh lot are back. How'd the quest go?
Can't say I've ever had someone want to sharpen equipment for free...
Eh? He wanted to sharpen yer sword for free? Now there's a rare bird... That's the sort who lives for his work. His real payment is his own satisfaction. The opposite of me, in other words! I'd much rather work for money--it pays for my hooch! Wouldn't yeh lot agree? Anyways, here's the reward. Thanks a lot!

To close out the update, here's one food thing.

Twice-Cooked Meat gives dead party members a 5% chance of reviving at the end of a turn. It's complete garbo.

Next time: we save Quona. It might involve a dragon. Actually, scratch that, it definitely involves a dragon.

Rea fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 14, 2016

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Pre-Update 65: Blizzard King pre-fight overview

Blizzard King
HP: 45000, STR: 88, TEC: 69, VIT: 64, AGI: 46, LUC: 61
Skills:
  • Ice Breath: Uses the head. Deals 600% ranged TEC-based ice damage to each party member. Has a 50% speed modifier and 180 base accuracy.
  • Mirror Shield: Nullifies all damage to the Blizzard King for one turn, and counters damage instances with 150% of the inflicted damage to the original source. Has a 1000% speed modifier and 99 base accuracy.
  • Crushing Arm: Uses the arms. Deals 110% melee STR-based bash damage to each party member. Attempts to bind hit target's heads, with a 20% base chance. Has a 70% speed modifier and 99 base accuracy.
  • Cold Regen: Uses the head. Restores 182% healing power (around 367 HP) to the Blizzard King at the end of each turn for 4 turns. Has no speed modifier.
  • Wail: Uses the head. Reduces each party member's physical/elemental defense by 50% for 4 turns. Attempts to inflict sleep on each party member, with a 50% base chance. Has a 200% speed modifier.
  • Triple Strike: Uses the head. Deals 3 instances of 100% melee STR-based cut damage to random targets. Can hit the same target multiple times. Has an 80% speed modifier and 99 base accuracy.
Drops:
  • Normal: Snow Pterygoid. 100% chance. Sells for 21000 en. 1 needed to make Hisamemaru (+241 ATK, normal attacks become cut+ice).
    "Ice dragon's wingbone that spreads, fanlike. A flap of this wing can cause blizzards."
  • Rare: Blizzard Scale. 25% chance. Sells for 24000 en. 1 needed to make Blizzard Orb (Immunity to ice). 1 Dragon Scale, 1 Blizzard Scale, and 1 Emperor Scale needed to make Dragonbane (+210 ATK, +5 all stats).
    "The only reverse scale on the ice dragon. It takes great fortune to acquire this."
  • Conditional: Frozen Wing (Kill with ice damage). 100% chance. Sells for 44000 en. 1 needed to make Dragvandil (+220 ATK, +40 HP, +40 TP).
    "Ice dragon's wing, encrusted in ice. Some say it holds the key to ultimate power."
  • Ingredient: Blizzard Neck. 15-19 given. 7 needed to make Traditional Osechi (Chinese Cuisine; stops random encounters).
    "Elastic white meat from the neck."
Damage resistances:
100% 100% 100% 100% 0% 150%
Disable resistances:
25% 75% 25% 25% 0% 25% 25%
0% 0% 10%
25% 25% 50%

A legendary blue dragon whose attacks are too powerful to withstand.

Blue Heart
HP: 7500, STR: 88, TEC: 69, VIT: 64, AGI: 46, LUC: 61
Skills:
  • Resonant Ice: Cannot be disabled. Deals ranged TEC-based ice damage to the entire party at the end of the turn. Damage is based on the number of turns that have passed since the Blue Heart was summoned: 60%, 90%, 135%, 200%, 300%, 450%, 675%, 1000%. The damage resets when the Blue Heart dies. Does not check for accuracy.
Damage resistances:
100% 100% 100% 100% 0% 125%
Disable resistances:
0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%
0% 0% 0%
0% 0% 0%

(Yes, that is how the Blue Heart looks internally. I can't fix it.)

Blizzard King can be an insane pain in the rear end. He hits really drat hard, Wail can single-handedly end an entire attempt even if luck is on your side, and Mirror Shield is one of the single worst skills to not know about beforehand. On your first go around, there's basically no way to see it coming, and even on future attempts, you might be able to guess as to what exactly triggers it (it's a mixture of certain turns and, at times, if you damage the Blizzard King too much in one turn). And the Blue Heart doesn't help matters--its HP is now out of one-shot range of even Alchemists, meaning you're going to have to put up with at least two turns of it.

So what's the solution here? For me, disables. Disables disables disables. Head binds shut down all but two of the Blizzard King's most dangerous skills, and leg binds completely negate Mirror Shield. Yes, you heard me. Mirror Shield doesn't use a body part, but because leg binds give what is basically inverse priority, it basically becomes guaranteed to go last in the turn order, after your party has dealt damage. Hell, even with that, stuff like panic and fear shut the BK down, and they're not out of the picture given Creeping Curse.

You know what everyone does by now, and I described my preferences up there, so pick from the categories, bearing in mind that Ranger is automatically in for conditional drop purposes:

Damage dealers: Zack, Freyja, Stardust, Asriel, Jackie, Tyler
Defense: Phoebe, Ursa
Support: Nadia, Realga, Milly, Sophie, Colette, Rheine

Also, a new caveat for all postgame bosses: if I judge the party chosen to be impossible to win with, I reserve the right to adjust them as necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

quote:

eh're just in time! We've got a problem--the innkeeper's daughter is missin'! The guard corps's out looking for her. Hurry and head to the [Color:0x0005]Inn[Color:0x0000]! Yeh should go listen to her story, and help out! We're counting on yeh!

quote:

Look out, it's [Guild Name]!

quote:

Eh? Well, how would I know what he meant by the promise? Yeh're the ones he made the promise with--shouldn't yeh remember? Never mind... Anyways, bring him 3 [Color:0x0005]Gold Spores[Color:0x0000]
Got some weird tags and a Guild Name to fill in there, boss.

Don't how many to vote for, but gently caress it, we need Freyja, Nadia, Sophie, and Phoebe. You want binds, have them! Especially with that stupid Mirror Shield :argh:

• Locked thread