Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Strobe posted:

The TIE Advanced is roughly on par with an X-wing. I'd say that the T-65 is a P-51A Mustang, T-70 is a P-51D Mustang (primary difference between the A and D was an engine upgrade :eng101:), Y-wing is an SBD Dauntless, B-wing is the P-47 Thunderbolt, the TIE Advanced a FW-190, TIE Fighter a Zero, TIE Bomber an ME Bf 110, and the TIE Interceptor an ME Bf 109.

Come at me nerds. :colbert:

BF110 had cannons on the front and a tail gunner. The ARC170 is a better analogue imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Strobe posted:

The TIE Advanced is roughly on par with an X-wing. I'd say that the T-65 is a P-51A Mustang, T-70 is a P-51D Mustang (primary difference between the A and D was an engine upgrade :eng101:), Y-wing is an SBD Dauntless, B-wing is the P-47 Thunderbolt, the TIE Advanced a FW-190, TIE Fighter a Zero, TIE Bomber an ME Bf 110, and the TIE Interceptor an ME Bf 109.

Why is the TIE Fighter the only one Imperial ship with a non-German analogue? :colbert:

TIE Defender is a Me-262: Way too expensive, not as good as people think, and didn't matter at all in the big picture because of the limited production run.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

The B-Wing is an F4U Corsair. Late war, huge engine, massive bomb load, folding wings.

Strobe posted:

Man, the Dauntless is so loving cool and now it makes me love the Y-Wing even more.

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 14, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What can be made better in this list, besides not running Expose Han in the first place? The Falcon gets torn apart real fast with no defense so the only hope is to try and blow everything else up faster. Do I want to take Initiative since I have no repositioning on Han anyway?

YT-1300: · Han Solo (46)
Expose (4)
Experimental Interface (3)
· Kanan Jarrus (3)
· Kyle Katarn (3)
· Millennium Falcon (Evade) (1)

HWK-290: · Jan Ors (25)
Wired (1)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· Nien Nunb (1)

Total 97 points

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 14, 2016

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I would probably find points to put Chewie on Jan.

Edit: how is the falcon getting stressed, to use the crew combo? Wouldn't Experimental Interface instead of Engine upgrade be the go?

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jul 14, 2016

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
He was running EI last I knew so I bet it's a typo, yeah.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:downs: Yeah I was messing with builds and put the wrong mod in. Should be Experimental Interface, not Engine Upgrade. Focus, Target Lock and Expose every turn.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

What's a fun rebel squad to run against imp aces if I don't care about winning?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
The bwing is the beaufighter

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

yronic heroism posted:

Four Blue Squadron B-Wings with Tractor Beam and Fire Control System

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

yronic heroism posted:

Ultra Dash (you might even win)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

3 Knave Squadron with R2s, FCS and Stealth Device. It's like running three Interceptors! That are worse.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

overdesigned posted:

Four Blue Squadron B-Wings with Tractor Beam and Fire Control System

Bring all the big rocks too. Name the list SuperDash (against asteroids)

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Finster Dexter posted:

But instead, Every TIE is better than every comparable rebel ship in terms of maneuvers. IMHO, Imp Aces should never be a thing. It should've always been swarms as the dominant Imp list.

Eh, I'm okay with this thematically. Since Empire=Nazis it makes sense for Imperials to focus on Aces and killcount (i.e. the Baron title) since the Luftwaffe under Goring were obsessed with Aces and killcounts to the degree that it actively sabotaged the Nazi war effort.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Thundercracker posted:

Eh, I'm okay with this thematically. Since Empire=Nazis it makes sense for Imperials to focus on Aces and killcount (i.e. the Baron title) since the Luftwaffe under Goring were obsessed with Aces and killcounts to the degree that it actively sabotaged the Nazi war effort.

I remember hearing that during the Battle of Britain that when they tallied up the Luftwaffe's claimed kills vs. the known strength of the RAF they determined that the RAF had negative (some hundred) planes

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
In tangentially related news, FFG announced some cool new limited edition art sleeves.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/13/its-time-to-choose-a-side/

I really like the BB8 and Rey sleeves.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

canyoneer posted:

In tangentially related news, FFG announced some cool new limited edition art sleeves.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/13/its-time-to-choose-a-side/

I really like the BB8 and Rey sleeves.

I was really hoping they were the stickers made sleeves and they were! The Rey and BB8 sticker art look amazing.

And yeah I always thought of the empire as ace-obsessed with inflated kill counts. My friend and I used to joke that they were the Luftwaffe in Crimea in 43-44 with all the top aces involved. I guess those would be Soontir, Ink, and OL now. :mrgw:

E: correction of earlier model. The defender is the Me 329 cartoon plane. Take your pick of the weird Lippisch projects but that one takes the cake IMO.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 14, 2016

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Those sleeves beg the question: what will Kylo fly?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
In additional "FFG doesn't proofread their articles" news, I looked that ARC preview article again and their suggested list of two ARCs and Biggs is actually 101 points.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

hoiyes posted:

Those sleeves beg the question: what will Kylo fly?

Well, based on what they did with ARC, he will be flying TIE/sf, obviously.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Finally flew a Lothal Rebel/Dash combo against a friend last night and it was insanely fun. A lot of the lists I see have FCS on the Ghost, but I am wondering if taking reinforced deflectors would be better to keep him alive a little longer?

Here is what I used:
Dash Rendar - 36
Engine Upgrade - 4
Outrider - 5
PTL - 3
Heavy Laser Cannon - 7
Kanan Jarrus - 3

Lothal Rebel - 35
Reinforced Deflectors - 3
Autoblaster Turret - 2
Hera - 1
Zeb - 1

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

lazerus06 posted:

Finally flew a Lothal Rebel/Dash combo against a friend last night and it was insanely fun. A lot of the lists I see have FCS on the Ghost, but I am wondering if taking reinforced deflectors would be better to keep him alive a little longer?

Here is what I used:
Dash Rendar - 36
Engine Upgrade - 4
Outrider - 5
PTL - 3
Heavy Laser Cannon - 7
Kanan Jarrus - 3

Lothal Rebel - 35
Autoblaster Turret - 2
Hera - 1
Zeb - 1

I've been contemplating Reinforced Deflectors, as well. I don't think you can give up the TL, though, otherwise you are stuck with naked dice, and I'm a very bad roller so that doesn't work well for me. I'm also not 100% convinced you get that much durability from Deflectors. Although, I haven't actually tried it out, yet. I got some other Dash lists I want to try out first.

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 14, 2016

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Some Numbers posted:

In additional "FFG doesn't proofread their articles" news, I looked that ARC preview article again and their suggested list of two ARCs and Biggs is actually 101 points.

fly casual :v:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

It's just a negative initiative bid.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Poopy Palpy posted:

It's just a negative initiative bid.

Age of Sheev

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I'm between three lists for Nationals, and I need opinions

quote:

Soontir+PTL+AT+Stealth
Inquisitor+PTL+Tie v/1+AT
Palpmobile
98pts

quote:

Soontir + PTL + AT + Stealth
Inquistor + PTL + TIE/v1 + Twin Ion Engine Mk.II
Darth Vaader + TIE/x1 + VI + EU + ATC

quote:

Palpmobile
Vessery + Adaptability + TIE/x7
Ryad + PTL + TIE/x7 + Twin Ion Engine Mk. II

I have the most experience with the first one, the second is an attempt to bring some more punch in. The 3rd is just a list i and ro5s came up with.

Thoughts?

:siren: Also sound off if you're going to Gencon.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 14, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
If you're willing to bring palp, bring palp. Trip aces is fun but gets demoralising when the green dice ream you out for the 58 millionth time in two days.

loving trust me.

Of the two palps I'm inclined to the defender one but Vessery definitely wants a different EPT. PS6 and PS7 are mostly the same right now and you don't particularly need much bid for either. Juke is grand on /x7 Vessery.

But don't play palp/aces, gently caress palp/aces in the face.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

ro5s vs Deviant is a 100-26 win for me in the league.

E:

thespaceinvader posted:

If you're willing to bring palp, bring palp. Trip aces is fun but gets demoralising when the green dice ream you out for the 58 millionth time in two days.

loving trust me.

Of the two palps I'm inclined to the defender one but Vessery definitely wants a different EPT. PS6 and PS7 are mostly the same right now and you don't particularly need much bid for either. Juke is grand on /x7 Vessery.

But don't play palp/aces, gently caress palp/aces in the face.

The idea is more to drop Vessery when possible, then they're both PS 5 to give you options for what order to move. There's probably room to tweak it though, juke would be good too.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Deviant posted:

I'm between three lists for Nationals, and I need opinions

I have the most experience with the first one, the second is an attempt to bring some more punch in. The 3rd is just a list i and ro5s came up with.

Thoughts?

:siren: Also sound off if you're going to Gencon.

Ryad with Palp is glorious! So durable and gets poo poo done. I concur with everything thespaceinvader said, also. I would bring the Defenders, just because people are going to be familiar and used to playing Soontir+Inq+Palp. It's a very common template. The Defenders, maybe not as much. I bet there will be a lot of Defenders there, though.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

thespaceinvader posted:

Edit: Nvm

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

lazerus06 posted:

Here is what I used:
Dash Rendar - 36
Engine Upgrade - 4
Outrider - 5
PTL - 3
Heavy Laser Cannon - 7
Kanan Jarrus - 3

Lothal Rebel - 35
Autoblaster Turret - 2
Hera - 1
Zeb - 1
Accuracy corrector is really strong with the autoblaster turret. It also helps to keep you alive by forcing aces to keep out of range 1.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Despite my losing record, I'm in the top four for league. I'm guessing it's because of all the new people playing and most of the vets stepping out this league.

Time to bust out Super Dash and Miranda :getin:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Enhanced Deflectors is a card that makes me really salty. I'd probably be less salty if it was something along the lines of "When defending, if there are three or more uncancelled [hit] or [crit] results, you may cancel one result before applying damage" but no instead we got a card where dealing 3 damage is strictly worse than dealing only two damage because you were probably doing hull damage and then gave them a shield back that can eat a crit just fine, and the end result is an enforced "you must attack this ship X times in order to kill it" where X is a stupidly high number on a ship that isn't appropriately costed for its durability and offensive capability whatsoever.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm tempted to take one of the Big Three T-65 pilots as Dash's wingman but they're awkwardly priced and leave me around 92 points unless I buy things like APTs or Protons on Dash.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Edit: to Strobe: Well actually the card you just described is far better because you'd always cancel a crit result.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

hoiyes posted:

Edit: to Strobe: Well actually the card you just described is far better because you'd always cancel a crit result.

Fair point. Amend to "the attacking player must" instead of "you may".

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ro5s posted:

ro5s vs Deviant is a 100-26 win for me in the league.

E:

The idea is more to drop Vessery when possible, then they're both PS 5 to give you options for what order to move. There's probably room to tweak it though, juke would be good too.

You should usually be able to keep them apart enough not to worry, especially given how insanely flexible Ryad's dial is.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Why is the text on the card and the WIKI different from the text on YASB for Reinforced Deflectors?

Card and Wiki: After you suffer 3 or more damage from an attack, recover 1 shield (up to your shield value).

YASB: After defending, if you suffered a combination of 3 or more damage and critical damage during the attack, recover 1 shield (up to your shield value).

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

canyonero posted:

Why is the text on the card and the WIKI different from the text on YASB for Reinforced Deflectors?

Card and Wiki: After you suffer 3 or more damage from an attack, recover 1 shield (up to your shield value).

YASB: After defending, if you suffered a combination of 3 or more damage and critical damage during the attack, recover 1 shield (up to your shield value).

YASB is using the corrected FAQ wording. Apparently critical damage isn't damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
They're technically different terms, so yeah.

• Locked thread