Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

every new street fighter makes the one before it look better because every new street fighter is worse than the one before it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NecroMonster posted:

every new street fighter makes the one before it look better because every new street fighter is worse than the one before it

sf1 literally worse than nothing so this theory checks out

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Dias posted:

The weird thing about SF4 is that half the criticism I've read about that game was about it being "too defensive", but we spent half of its lifespan getting hit by divekicks into combos into hard knockdown into setups into combos into hard knockdown, hehe.

For me that was just ssf4.

Every other match was honda and I was bad v him.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 14, 2016

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

bad metaphors posted:

Is high score girl still running? Thought snk sued the mangaka into oblivion

it is still running, square enix and snk reached a settlement

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

NecroMonster posted:

say what you will about third strike but its way better overall then the alpha series, which has one cool game ruined by a singular dumb mechanic same way third strike is, and two extremely bad ones

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

darealkooky posted:

say what you will about third strike but its way better overall then the alpha series, which has one cool game ruined by a singular dumb mechanic same way third strike is, and two extremely bad ones

:allears:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm only comparing street fighter games here

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

darealkooky posted:

It's true, CvS2 is the best (street) fighter ever

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

NecroMonster posted:

Berserk is horror dressed up in armor and elf ears, you'd just need someone who really gets it in order to get a proper adaptation, and (while i freely admit that I don't watch enough anime (because most of it's really bad) to know who, if anyone, has a really good handle on horror) i just haven't seen any anime really get horror right

I bet berserk would make a good HBO series.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

I bet berserk would make a good HBO series.

it'd be too expensive. got costs assloads to produce and pales in comparison to the amount of special effects that berserk would require

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

alpha 1 is a huge step back from sf2 with a tiny roster and change for the sake of change, alpha 3 is a great casual game but it's such a mess balance wise that the game is actually LESS balanced if you ban v-ism and the associated pseudo-infinite combos it leads to

a2 is great, custom combos lead to some real dumb poo poo though

Firstborn posted:

It's true, CvS2 is the best (street) fighter ever

word

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/753412759123927040

capcom focused on fixing the things that matter

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Like it's their fault Capcom only put 9 dudes in this loving game. You don't give a poo poo about cheating online, people have been plug pulling since loving Dreamcast. People wouldn't need to download a mod to unlock colors if the colors weren't locked behind that obnoxious bullshit. Symptomatic as gently caress
Also who gives a gently caress if the person I'm fighting unlocked color 7 by dishonorable means. I have plenty of time to stare at it while the game literally freezes in lag for 10+ seconds at a time and I'm forced to watch the skirt your lovely outsourced animator made flopping madly around

Capcom just admit you are using the people playing as Juri and Urien (and gently caress it, EVO too) for free QA testing on this shite gayme. "b-but juri isn't done :qq:" negro, like 75% of the cast plays like they are unfinished

BLOOOOOOOORDUKET

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 14, 2016

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug

Dawglet posted:

I'm going to keep cheating

No consequence could be worse than survival mode

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Firstborn posted:

Like it's their fault Capcom only put 9 dudes in this loving game. You don't give a poo poo about cheating online, people have been plug pulling since loving Dreamcast. People wouldn't need to download a mod to unlock colors if the colors weren't locked behind that obnoxious bullshit. Symptomatic as gently caress

While I agree, I thought they were talking about people literally using like juri and aegis reflector online. (having the hugest brainfart but, well I think that name works)

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
So was I. I fought a few people using Juri online. It was fine.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Nice, hope they ban me, that'll fix everything.

Also, my favorite thing about the story mode is that the only doll that's black also happens to literally be a spearchucker. Maybe after they are done banning people for exploiting their lovely fight money system, they can start banning people based on suspected skin color.

edit: favorite as in oblivious unabashed japanese racism in broad daylight, it's like my new go to thing to point at to show how up their rear end capcom are

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jul 14, 2016

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I just want to add gently caress this game

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dawglet posted:

but you can still get temp banned for being rage quit on too many times

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Dawglet posted:

lol if this happens within at least a year considering sfv has wildfire technical issues, not to mention future "content" updates which sfv will need to stay afloat

at this point the majority of people who hacked the extra colors etc don't give a gently caress and will not be rebuying the game if they get banned somehow

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jul 14, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Are they actually asking for money to unlock characters now I haven't played this in months

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dawglet posted:

watching this game fail is p fun now i gotta admit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Are they actually asking for money to unlock characters now I haven't played this in months

It's only specific costumes and as lovely as that is acting surprised at all that Capcom is going to crack down on what is essentially pirating seems really insane to me. Of course they're going to respond to people hacking paid content into the game for free

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

NecroMonster posted:

You heard it here first, folks, Project X Zone is the best fighting game ever made

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I don't think Capcom is necessarily talking about the paid content. I think they're talking about the stuff that is theoretically free, assuming you're willing to grind survival mode for weeks on end. Of course, they made survival pointlessly tedious and difficult so that unlocking content via that method was largely theoretical, meaning you'd have to resort to breaking out the wallet in order to access the 'free' content.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

In Training posted:

It's only specific costumes and as lovely as that is acting surprised at all that Capcom is going to crack down on what is essentially pirating seems really insane to me. Of course they're going to respond to people hacking paid content into the game for free

This isn't really true. You couldn't buy characters or colors with real money for months after release and Im not actually sure if it's possible right now. It's not like people are unlocking pay only DLC content (pirating), its loving costume colors, poo poo that should be in the game for free in the first place, that they decided to put behind a meaningless survival mode grind (again, not really money, just lots of hours wasted on survival mode rng.)

Even if it was 100% pay only content we were talking about, I mean you're talking about a game where the whole thing is such a disaster you could make a case of them being in the wrong charging money for SFV at all, let alone "dlc" content like lovely lag stage and existing stage + different skybox, idiotic rmika costume that adds another .5 seconds of input lag to every online match.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Don't forget Birdie's favorite stage.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can pay real money for stuff now yeah, which is why the probably suddenly care about it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

In Training posted:

You can pay real money for stuff now yeah, which is why the probably suddenly care about it.

the issue is less them caring about this, but more that they're spending their resources going after ppl when their game is still fundamentally broken and incomplete still, it sends a horrible message.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
like this is the sort of thing that capcom could afford the benefit of the doubt on if they created the impression they actually gave a poo poo about the myriad of complaints with the game.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

anime was right posted:

the issue is less them caring about this, but more that they're spending their resources going after ppl when their game is still fundamentally broken and incomplete still, it sends a horrible message.

Basically this but also if they actually follow through on this effectively and quickly, it will just show that they are not at all as incompetent as they appear, but in fact simply dont give a gently caress about SFV. Luckily I am almost positive that Capcom is in fact incompetent, even moreso than they appear, and most likely they will botch the mass bannings and ban the wrong people or accidentally unlock all the colors for everybody and ban everyone for hacking in the same night, or something along those lines.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
"guys we know about how much people hate actually playing a terrible mode that is insanely unfair and takes forever to unlock colors so we've added a few additional methods to unlock them including purchase through real money, space money, and playing x amount of matches with said character; anyone who uses stupid garbage to unlock them will be banned from this day forward tho. also instead of using ban waves to deal with color unlockers, we'll do a ragequitter banwave first"

capcom pls. do this. you can do it. i believe in you.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

anime was right posted:

"guys we know about how much people hate actually playing a terrible mode that is insanely unfair and takes forever to unlock colors so we've added a few additional methods to unlock them including purchase through real money, space money, and playing x amount of matches with said character; anyone who uses stupid garbage to unlock them will be banned from this day forward tho. also instead of using ban waves to deal with color unlockers, we'll do a ragequitter banwave first"

capcom pls. do this. you can do it. i believe in you.

The fact that I have Vega color 12 is a far greater concern for capcom than the 3 ragequitters in a row I sometimes encounter.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

Nono I mean did they ever decide to give all the characters for free permanently? I remember they said that Alex and Guile for example were only free for a limited time and that Balrog onwards would not be free

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Why would Capcom only acknowledge players unlocking stuff now when PC people have been doing it for months? Is it because of the method?

side note: i am much happier in life now that I don't have to grind survival. If capcom feels like I murdered their dog, so be it. Survival is a trash fire.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
ugh I want my loving $34.99 or whatever pre order money back (still)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Why would Capcom only acknowledge players unlocking stuff now when PC people have been doing it for months? Is it because of the method?

side note: i am much happier in life now that I don't have to grind survival. If capcom feels like I murdered their dog, so be it. Survival is a trash fire.

Because you can now buy them for Steam/PSN bucks.

I also don't really get the griping about it, of course they weren't going to let people download a mod to unlock everything forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Nono I mean did they ever decide to give all the characters for free permanently? I remember they said that Alex and Guile for example were only free for a limited time and that Balrog onwards would not be free

Oh no the store is available finally so they've locked everyone again. You have to spend dollars or fight money to unlock characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

anime was right posted:

you think capcom cares?

they spent like 10 bucks out of their own pocket on this game between sony money and it looking like/being outsourced crap, they've for sure made more then their budget on this game, even before them taking the scummy pay2notgrind system from LoL that will definitely get lots of money because the majority of the players are on console where it's way harder to just mod that poo poo.

the only reason capcom even made this game in the first place was to make lots of easy money because they knew they could get away with it. the Street Fighter Fanbase are the equivalent of a henpecked husband, people are still playing this game, people are still talking about this game, people are still saying "it's not that bad" and waiting for the update that will fix everything.

even among the casual consumers and hardcore players that they did manage to piss off, capcom still got your 60 bucks + 30 dollar near useless season pass so they don't really give a gently caress if you never buy another street fighter again because there most likely won't be another one.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 14, 2016