Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I'm starting to wonder if the whole thing is some sort of crazy psych experiment gone awry? I mean, is EA using this game to determine how terrible they can be to their players and still have them play the game?

I'm sticking with it for now, partly because I am fascinated to see just how terrible they can be. I am certainly not spending a dime on it anymore though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
I got my power creep in...full arena team 5pip + level 15 mods. I have now spent 20$ on this game. I am now top3 on pvpshard because the whales either don't know how to get 5pip mods and their silly full level 80 teams cry in fear when my lvl74 rey swings for 30k on them while sitting behind a RG+STH duo.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I have 275 credits. Thanks mods.

:suicide:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

I have 275 credits. Thanks mods.

:suicide:

I have 113 Crystals. Thanks mods.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Nowhere near being able to get mods. I just got my first 6* character. There should be a :f2p: smiley.

:homebrew:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

Nowhere near being able to get mods. I just got my first 6* character. There should be a :f2p: smiley.

:homebrew:

If you have a 6* character, you should be at least level 50, and therefore be able to acquire 1-2* mods. I would recommend doing this. For probably 500k-1mil, you could make a max set of 2* mods, which would likely put higher in your arena shard.

e: Also, I would do this now. Put your cantina on hold for this morning. For this morning only, you get a 1:1 drop rate of mods. Starting sometime this morning (supposedly), it will go somewhere between 1/2 and 1/3.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I find it absurd that they rolled this out without any testing. I suppose they can't roll it back without having to refund people, either! Nice job. Wonder how they'll try to balance it?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

I have 113 Crystals. Thanks mods.

Yep, I'm down to 364. I can't afford anymore cantina refreshes.

MoraleHazard posted:

There should be a :f2p: smiley.

It's right here! :suicide:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
A 6* level 50 character with level 15 2* mods is probably 2x stronger than prepatch maxed level 80 characters with raid gear.

Yes, mods are that dumb.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
2*, level 50, G6 RG. As fair and balanced as Fox News.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

2*, level 50, G6 RG. As fair and balanced as Fox News.

I am hanging in there to see how they try and fix the dumpster fire that is mods.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
We've got a T7 going in IGD. Probably tomorrow too. They gave us something like 90k credits for the recent gently caress-ups. I'm almost 50% through P1. I would recommend people pile on so that we waste as much damage as possible.

e: Made with paint, so don't judge

Bow before Rey the Almighty

Order of mods is Top LR Mid L, Mid R Bot LR

I don't think the mods can get much better than this (aside from rolling these with +speed and +%crit for set bonuses). I don't think % health will do more than flat health (if you can get % for this stat). There's some room for improvement in secondary stats, but overall I got some crazy rolls (+15 speed).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 14, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
My GW node 12 is rg/rey/fives/rex/gs all with max tier 5 mods

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

We've got a T7 going in IGD. Probably tomorrow too. They gave us something like 90k credits for the recent gently caress-ups. I'm almost 50% through P1. I would recommend people pile on so that we waste as much damage as possible.

e: Made with paint, so don't judge

Bow before Rey the Almighty

Order of mods is Top LR Mid L, Mid R Bot LR

I don't think the mods can get much better than this (aside from rolling these with +speed and +%crit for set bonuses). I don't think % health will do more than flat health (if you can get % for this stat). There's some room for improvement in secondary stats, but overall I got some crazy rolls (+15 speed).

i can't get any of the speed arrow mods. I got two worthless crit avoidance ones instead :mad:

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Decided to try that FF game. Seems pretty fun and very slick. Unsure if I will keep GoH up, but we'll see what the devs do.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'll come back in a week to assess if I want to keep playing this dumb phone game that barely works on my phone

Feel free to boot yundoyando from igd

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

kaschei posted:

I'll come back in a week to assess if I want to keep playing this dumb phone game that barely works on my phone

Feel free to boot yundoyando from igd

If anyone wants to take your place, I'll do that. Thanks.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

No one can take my place without lando and Greedo maxed out.

Wanted: fisto, solo, c3p0 for team -o

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

I am trying!

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Dumb question, how do you increase mod levels?

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Phummus posted:

Dumb question, how do you increase mod levels?

If you mean the pips? mod challenges or bust!

If you mean level 1-15 spend credits in the mod screen under upgrade

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Thanks. Level 15 mods on QGJ complete.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Has anyone else found the game to be way more crashy since the mod-update? Had four crashes today, for no obvious reason.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I am so torn on this patch. The quality of life changes are great and I love being able to help guildmates farm gear quicker, but I hate mods and everything they stand for. I just don't care enough to seriously learn them, and now GW is going to be even more impossible once I get to the fully modded GQJ, Lumi, Rey, Imp Guard teams.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Another potentially dumb question. Are there any slots on any goon guilds open? PL 80

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Phummus posted:

Another potentially dumb question. Are there any slots on any goon guilds open? PL 80

There are lots of spaces just opening up. Find me on the spreadsheet, add me, and then we'll get you into IGD.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Phummus posted:

We have room in GGA as well. We could use some high level people so we can move up to higher tier raids.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Also IGD I'm sorry I'm really bad at being there for raids, especially for their entire duration.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ularg posted:

Also IGD I'm sorry I'm really bad at being there for raids, especially for their entire duration.

It's actually a problem with IGD that we need to fix.

So, IGD people, we need a solution to this whole killing T7 raids too fast thing. I don't know what it is. Maybe each person needs to limit themselves to 10%, then try to escape/die? I really want these raids to last longer than 3 hours, because otherwise it isn't fair. We have people from a bunch of different time zones and work schedules, so while 9AM Pacific seems to be a good time for most people, obviously not everyone is going to get on within an hour or two.

I'm very open to suggestions.

e: Also, if you haven't participated in this raid, please get in. Also, don't do damage (at least not much). Bring a lovely comp and go in there and die. You'll get on the leaderboard with 0 damage.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Malgrin posted:

There are lots of spaces just opening up. Find me on the spreadsheet, add me, and then we'll get you into IGD.

Was this spreadsheet perhaps in the OP which is currently 'under construction'?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Phummus posted:

Was this spreadsheet perhaps in the OP which is currently 'under construction'?

Oh yeah. You should consider adding yourself.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

Here's my number 313-466-624

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Oh yeah. You should consider adding yourself.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

Here's my number 313-466-624

Added myself. My number is 153-757-339

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

mods are so stupid. my level 76 rey nuked for 51k damage today. i did 320k damage on rancor p4 when my previous high was 220kish on p2

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So if I don't have the toons to beat tier 3 of a mod challenge should I use the 1 or 2* versions or go for 5* of whatever I can?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

So if I don't have the toons to 3* a mod challenge should I use the 1 or 2* versions or go for 5* of whatever I can?

While you still get 1 for 1, I would spend all your energy getting 5* +health set mods. Once that's over, you can spend energy more freely on unlocking other challenges. Until then, I'd get as much out of the +health set challenge as you can, because it's going to get harder to get mods.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Malgrin posted:

It's actually a problem with IGD that we need to fix.

So, IGD people, we need a solution to this whole killing T7 raids too fast thing. I don't know what it is. Maybe each person needs to limit themselves to 10%, then try to escape/die? I really want these raids to last longer than 3 hours, because otherwise it isn't fair. We have people from a bunch of different time zones and work schedules, so while 9AM Pacific seems to be a good time for most people, obviously not everyone is going to get on within an hour or two.

I'm very open to suggestions.

e: Also, if you haven't participated in this raid, please get in. Also, don't do damage (at least not much). Bring a lovely comp and go in there and die. You'll get on the leaderboard with 0 damage.

This was suggested back when we were killing T5's too fast and was fairly solidly laughed down as 'it wont' ever happen' because everyone wanted to try to compete for the top spots. I'm all for it and even though I'm not master nuker of destiny or anything have been trying to limit myself to 1 round at door, then retreat as soon as I can.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

"Thanks for playing our game!" they say.

Then they give me 10 Chewbacca shards. I see through those polite words.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

iGestalt posted:

"Thanks for playing our game!" they say.

Then they give me 10 Chewbacca shards. I see through those polite words.

"Sorry we screwed up the game. Here's some garbage. gently caress you."

Did they adjust the drop rates on mods with this patch?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Just saw I got tier 6 mods rewards from the raid. A level 1 T6 Mod had 117 offence on it for me. A level 15 Tier 1 mod had 97.

Balance, what's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Yes, and somehow they managed to make it even v worse than they described. I shouldn't be surprised given their record of ineptitude. Mods now only have a chance of dropping, instead of a set pip level it is now a range, 1-3, 2-4, 3-5. They also incerased the cost to level them significantly, from an average of 250k to over 400k for 5 pips. Basically the devs have a message for anyone playing their game, and it is to go gently caress yourselves.