Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
wow 3rd party titles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im buying it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i got excited when i saw the controllers are only $10 but theyre wii classic controller plugs not usb lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
what a weird fuckin thing

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

That's awesome

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Nintendo NX is shaping up to be a monster

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nintendo is going to make a trillion dollars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's the NX

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Confirmed for Europe and North America

http://nintendoclassicmini.nintendo....t

REDMOND, Wash., July 14, 2016 – If you see a Nintendo Entertainment System on store shelves this holiday shopping season, you haven’t entered a time machine. (Unless everyone around you is wearing acid-washed jeans and neon leg warmers. If that’s the case, you may have unknowingly walked through a rift in the space-time continuum.) The most likely scenario is you are setting eyes on the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition, launching in stores on Nov. 11 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. That’s right: The NES is back! But this isn’t the same NES that you fondly remember. This new nostalgia-fueled system is a near-identical, mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console and plugs directly into your high-definition TV using an included HDMI cable. The console comes complete with 30 NES games built in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN, and Kirby’s Adventure.

“We wanted to give fans of all ages the opportunity to revisit Nintendo’s original system and rediscover why they fell in love with Nintendo in the first place,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition is ideal for anyone who remembers playing the NES, or who wants to pass on those nostalgic memories to the next generation of gamers.”

The system comes packaged with an HDMI cable, an AC adapter and one NES Classic Controller, which is patterned after the iconic design of the original NES controller. But you really just want to know the full list of 30 games, right? Feast your eyes on the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system:

Balloon Fight™
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania™
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
Donkey Kong™
Donkey Kong Jr. ™
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario™
Excitebike™
FINAL FANTASY®
Galaga™
GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
GRADIUS™
Ice Climber™
Kid Icarus™
Kirby’s Adventure™
Mario Bros. ™
MEGA MAN® 2
Metroid™
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN™
Punch-Out!! ™ Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics™
SUPER C™
Super Mario Bros.™
Super Mario Bros. ™ 2
Super Mario Bros. ™ 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda™
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link™

There’s a little something for everyone: a nice mix of timeless favorites, cult classics and maybe even some games that you never got around to playing. Each is sure to bring back memories and produce plenty of new ones. You can even enjoy playing several of these games with two players by attaching a second NES Classic Controller, which will be sold separately at a suggested retail price of $9.99. A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro can also be used (each sold separately).

When connected to a Wii Remote controller, the NES Classic Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii system. Playing these retro games using a retro controller makes the experience that much more authentic. And if you ever need to step away from the NES Classic Edition in the middle of a tough level (or take a break to call one of Nintendo’s helpful Game Counselors*), don’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress. Each game has multiple suspend points, so you can start where you left off at a later time, no passwords needed.

What’s old is new again with the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. Relive past glories. Finish off that boss you never beat. Save the galaxy and rescue the princess!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

StabMasterArson posted:

*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging.

im going to keep it in box, so thats ok

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

remember when ninty sold the ~new~ 3DS without a charger lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

Confirmed for Europe and North America

http://nintendoclassicmini.nintendo....t

REDMOND, Wash., July 14, 2016 – If you see a Nintendo Entertainment System on store shelves this holiday shopping season, you haven’t entered a time machine. (Unless everyone around you is wearing acid-washed jeans and neon leg warmers. If that’s the case, you may have unknowingly walked through a rift in the space-time continuum.) The most likely scenario is you are setting eyes on the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition, launching in stores on Nov. 11 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. That’s right: The NES is back! But this isn’t the same NES that you fondly remember. This new nostalgia-fueled system is a near-identical, mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console and plugs directly into your high-definition TV using an included HDMI cable. The console comes complete with 30 NES games built in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN, and Kirby’s Adventure.

“We wanted to give fans of all ages the opportunity to revisit Nintendo’s original system and rediscover why they fell in love with Nintendo in the first place,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition is ideal for anyone who remembers playing the NES, or who wants to pass on those nostalgic memories to the next generation of gamers.”

The system comes packaged with an HDMI cable, an AC adapter and one NES Classic Controller, which is patterned after the iconic design of the original NES controller. But you really just want to know the full list of 30 games, right? Feast your eyes on the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system:

Balloon Fight™
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania™
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
Donkey Kong™
Donkey Kong Jr. ™
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario™
Excitebike™
FINAL FANTASY®
Galaga™
GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
GRADIUS™
Ice Climber™
Kid Icarus™
Kirby’s Adventure™
Mario Bros. ™
MEGA MAN® 2
Metroid™
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN™
Punch-Out!! ™ Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics™
SUPER C™
Super Mario Bros.™
Super Mario Bros. ™ 2
Super Mario Bros. ™ 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda™
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link™

There’s a little something for everyone: a nice mix of timeless favorites, cult classics and maybe even some games that you never got around to playing. Each is sure to bring back memories and produce plenty of new ones. You can even enjoy playing several of these games with two players by attaching a second NES Classic Controller, which will be sold separately at a suggested retail price of $9.99. A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro can also be used (each sold separately).

When connected to a Wii Remote controller, the NES Classic Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii system. Playing these retro games using a retro controller makes the experience that much more authentic. And if you ever need to step away from the NES Classic Edition in the middle of a tough level (or take a break to call one of Nintendo’s helpful Game Counselors*), don’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress. Each game has multiple suspend points, so you can start where you left off at a later time, no passwords needed.

What’s old is new again with the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. Relive past glories. Finish off that boss you never beat. Save the galaxy and rescue the princess!

My grandma is getting the gift of game this year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

StabMasterArson posted:

remember when ninty sold the ~new~ 3DS without a charger lol

Apparently doing this avoids some exporting tax or something which is why it's becoming more common.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

While I already had a charger, I bought an extra for my NN3DS because Nintendo is bro.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i use cheapo chinese DS -> USB adapters to charge anyway so no care

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo stock rose nearly 13 percent today. I made nearly 800 dollars so far since I said invest, that's if I sell now. When I cash out I'm gonna buy a New 3DS and a bunch of games. Thanks Nintendo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
For the record it's up 56% since I said buy some lol. Hope some of you followed through

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Sure, there are plenty of non-legit ways to get this content, including third party collections and *shudders* Roms. However, I'm more than glad to be giving Nintendo my $$$. Hell, they can do the same with SNES+N64+GCN and i'll rebuy those too.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Where's the GC virtual console for the love of god

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Black Baby Goku posted:

For the record it's up 56% since I said buy some lol. Hope some of you followed through
:tipshat:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Sure, there are plenty of non-legit ways to get this content, including third party collections and *shudders* Roms. However, I'm more than glad to be giving Nintendo my $$$. Hell, they can do the same with SNES+N64+GCN and i'll rebuy those too.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I will buy this nes thing so that Nintendo gets a devilish twinkle in their eye and releases the snes version

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Also what the gently caress where is earthbound: beginnings??

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if they could only pick 60 games im glad mother 1 wasnt one of them. however castle 2 is extremely questionable

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

if they could only pick 60 games im glad mother 1 wasnt one of them. however castle 2 is extremely questionable

Needs the Guardian Legend and Master Blaster

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I will buy this nes thing so that Nintendo gets a devilish twinkle in their eye and releases the snes version

Oh gently caress ueah

im buying two probably

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

While I already had a charger, I bought an extra for my NN3DS because Nintendo is bro.

this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

masterblaster sux rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

that things cute but i rather buy a dogbone style famicom and an everdrive for a hot 400 dollars total :twisted:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
The biggest problem with this is you won't be able to just play on the wii u pad after you realize latency on modern tv's makes the timings change in your favorite classic games

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
plz dont ruin my orgasm

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I couldn't beat the secret levels in smw on my tv I had to use the wii u pad screen

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Boomstick Quaid posted:

The biggest problem with this is you won't be able to just play on the wii u pad after you realize latency on modern tv's makes the timings change in your favorite classic games

this is a gaming forum we have benq monitors to play high level lol and starcrat 2

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmao yeah I totally won't relearn my favorite games with new timing to totally experience playing Mario 3 for the first time again :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

if those nes controllers were usb i would buy 10 of them