Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm a white land owning male, tbf even if it gets worse for me it's not going to really be noticeable to me

yeah until they bulldoze your house to build a trump tower that they will never build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJpAJqXyv9w

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

TBeats posted:

yeah until they bulldoze your house to build a trump tower that they will never build

Which one? If it';s the one in AZ that sucks, but the one I have in GA they're welcome to, tired of paying property tax on land I don't use and only keep out of some weird obligation to the family name, since we've owned it since around 1720

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

http://www.rollcall.com/mike-pence-chosen-as-trumps-v-p-nominee/

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My fantasy is that Trump picks Sarah Palin to counter Hillary's woman card.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mine was Hillary getting indicted. Thanks for nothing, FBI. I guess I'll have to settle for getting to watch her face when she loses an election to a literal idiot.

I will say that it's good to know that if I ever get arrested again, I can just claim I didn't know I was breaking the law.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I had no illusions of Hillary getting indicted from the get-go, and I'm a moron that believes in Gingrich as the VP pick.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You'd think Trump's strategy would be to pick the most undesirable VP possible so as to deter assassination attempts.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

You'd think Trump's strategy would be to pick the most undesirable VP possible so as to deter assassination attempts.

Do Gingrich and Pence are shoe ins, your saying?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Do Gingrich and Pence are shoe ins, your saying?

Gingrich has a hell of a track record but Pence is probably easier to hate given the prevailing social climate.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Knowing Trump, he'll have Gingrich and Pence waiting in sight of the crowd and then in the build up speech for his pick drop "And that man, is JOOOHHHNNNN CEEEEENNNAAAAA" the music will hit, a large msucled man will come out and salute, the crowd will go wild and America will continue to own for all the wrong reasons

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Knowing Trump, he'll have Gingrich and Pence waiting in sight of the crowd and then in the build up speech for his pick drop "And that man, is JOOOHHHNNNN CEEEEENNNAAAAA" the music will hit, a large msucled man will come out and salute, the crowd will go wild and America will continue to own for all the wrong reasons

that would be amazing. just imagine hearing his stupid entrance music as he makes his way to the stage :allears:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Turds don't get assassinated. :iiam:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

that would be amazing. just imagine hearing his stupid entrance music as he makes his way to the stage :allears:

If he turned the VP debates in to a battle rap I would die the happiest man

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just noticed that one of the Washington gubernatorial candidates is this guy, Goodspaceguy. I'm not entirely comfortable with voting for what seems like a literal crazy person, but that doesn't seem to have stopped thousands of people in the past from voting for him, albeit unsuccessfully.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Cena recently made a high production short on Facebook about how in America you should value everyone, including Muslims and immigrants.

RIP John Cena VP chances.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I guess Pence is official.

Doesn't he appeal to literally nobody?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

TBeats posted:

I guess Pence is official.

Doesn't he appeal to literally nobody?

he's the bone being tossed to the old white conversatives. he's basically Ted Cruz with a less punchable face.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

loving laaaaaaame.

The funniest lightning-rod for a candidate with extremist "opinions" though.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Congratulations, Indiana, on ensuring Pence won't be governor any more.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

A Handed Missus posted:

It should be added that Boris wrote this beautiful limerick about Erdogan

Well he should know as his paternal heritage is Turkish.

He was also born American, so I'm blaming you guys.

Bernard McFacknutah fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 14, 2016

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Well he should know as his paternal heritage is Turkish.

He was also born American, so I'm blaming you guys.

You voted for the Brexit so its your fault, take responsibility for your actions.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Never even heard of that guy before. Definitely not voting for a vaginaless ticket.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Dana White, egg shaped loud insult man who is/was part owner and face of the UFC, is speaking at the RNC. Ordinarily I'd say that's the worst possible political speaker but he's actually much more mellow and inclusive than the candidate. We live in interesting times.

Also, future Republican presidential candidate Tim Tebow.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

vote camacho at this point he's gonna be a better leader than anyone else you guys have running

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Boris Johnson is still a citizen of the United States I'm torn between laughing at them for making a damnned furriner Foreign Minister and glee that Trump could totally make him the surprise veep after Pence already dropped his re-election campaign.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
:iamafag: :iamafag: :iamafag: :iamafag: :iamafag:

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/753685787225362432

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Pokemon Go has got teenagers moving that fastest I've seen since Columbine

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

smell this posted:

Im heavily considering deleting pokemon go from my phone and never touching it again. The game is incredibly fun and I love it to death, but… I cant handle that Im being bullied every day for it. I chose to go with team Instinct, supposedly the worst of the three teams, and everyone at work is either red or blue. I work with people who are over the age of 22, me being the youngest at 20, and all they do is make fun of how worthless my team is and how I will never be able to hold a gym, that I’m better off deleting it and letting my pokemon wither away into nothing. One shift leader who believes I am the most useless employee said that I am far more useless for choosing a team that may as well kill itself for how bad they are. The assistant manager is a member of red team, but he tries to stand up for me and it works so long as he is around, but once he clocks out the bullying continues. I want to endure the bullying and keep playing, but having to be bullied for 8 hours everyday I work (40 hours a week)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

that's just the synopsis of a pokemon episode right?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
how is bernie sanders not the most obvious choice for clinton as VP? like as obvious as water being wet.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

gently caress

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

TBeats posted:

how is bernie sanders not the most obvious choice for clinton as VP? like as obvious as water being wet.

Yes, the person Hillary needs as her VP should be even older than herself because

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

TBeats posted:

Right off the bat, he probably wouldn't want it even if offered-VP by itself isn't a terribly influential or powerful position, and Clinton isn't likely to give him the kind of leverage he would need to make it powerful or influential. Even if he was willing to accept it, it wouldn't help Clinton tremendously-very few (if any) of his supporters who aren't going to vote for Clinton in November would change their minds even if he was on the ticket (Since it was never about him, it was what he represented as an anti-establishment candidate), and it removes a powerful tool for the Democrats to nominate someone who could plausibly run themselves in 8 years (Since there's no way Sanders is going to be running for President at 80+).

Incidentally, this is also why Warren is a bad pick-she'd probably have more sway in the Clinton administration than Sanders would, but she'd still have far less influence than if she'd remained in the Senate.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
She could also pick Tim Kaine, who while boring, would knock a battleground state off the board.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm thinking Julian Castro.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

There was a NY times article about her looking at (which means her staff is intentionally floating the idea to see how people react) of a former NATO commander as VP.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/redirect?to-www=/2016/07/13/us/politics/james-stavridis-hillary-clinton-vice-president.amp.html

I looked up his Wikipedia and the big thing of note was he had an ethics investigation.

Great choice, good job.

Anyone know anything about him?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It would probably let her continue to hammer Trump for knowing nothing about foreign policy while also wooing NeoCons, many of whom have already expressed interest in voting for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Dozens dead after truck hits crowd in Nice, France

reports of gunfire with truck occupants and police

• Locked thread