Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Police smoke bombs and flashbangs spawn Cloakers instead of in addition to their normal effects!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Rust actually has to use the asthma inhaler hanging around his neck.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Meldonox posted:

Rust actually has to use the asthma inhaler hanging around his neck.

God dammit T-Stacy

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
http://lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=14539 :aaaaa:

edit: It's high noon :clint:

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 14, 2016

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I can't decide between frenzerker/anarchist, frenzerker/yakuza and ghostforcer/anarchist. Silencer skills vs. frenzerking, what is the true path?!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Am I weird for just wanting to stick to the Crook deck forever?
It's just such a nice straightforward survivability boost without any weird gimmicks, especially combined with some of the skills in the Enforcer's Tank tree.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Ghostforcer/Anarchist is pretty swell running dual MP5s/Clarion + Micro Uzi in an LBV or suit.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

chairface posted:

I can't decide between frenzerker/anarchist, frenzerker/yakuza and ghostforcer/anarchist. Silencer skills vs. frenzerking, what is the true path?!

Apparently frenzerker/anarchist is broken as all hell and makes you invincible while wearing ICTV or something? Buckshot told me that but I haven't tried it.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Nordick posted:

It's just such a nice straightforward survivability boost without any weird gimmicks, especially combined with some of the skills in the Enforcer's Tank tree.

Man, I've been running it for a few days and it feels so fragile next to ex-president. It seems sturdy with hostage taker, but nothing feels survivable without a healing ability.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The frenzy damage resistance bonus actually applies to both armor and health, so anarchists have massive effective armor HP and can effectively outheal cops.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Meldonox posted:

Man, I've been running it for a few days and it feels so fragile next to ex-president. It seems sturdy with hostage taker, but nothing feels survivable without a healing ability.
I am addicted to healing abilities in perk decks :negative:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

No true build involves a bug that gives you a massive amount of damage resistance. It's like asking for a build that involved using the infinite skill bug in the beta.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Meldonox posted:

It's basically Rogue, but with more armour and less dodge (136.5 armour and 40 dodge +10 when sprinting). Plays the exact same way, except that you now rely on armour as well as RNG to protect yourself from being downed. Take cover when appropriate to eat health packs.

The thing to understand with Dodge and Crook builds is you will be downed at some point, especially on Deathwish. So either get Messiah if you want to be more self-reliant, or ace Swan Song so that you can at least clear the area of enemies or run to cover to make it easier for your team-mates to revive you.

For anyone looking for other interesting perk decks to try, Infiltrator is rather amusing. Wear ICTV and hit enemies with melee to instantly regenerate large percentage of health (cooldown of 20s if I remember right). Works amazingly well in heists with tight spaces, but on DW there are so many enemies that you shouldn't have trouble finding one to stab every now and then.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Infodump post:

1. In-development shot of the new safehouse: https://www.instagram.com/p/BH2C9BdgyvJ/

2. Incredibly smexy interview with Eric Etebari here.

3. Jones just confirmed that skin creators will not receive any form of revenue share. Expect a new wave of entitled rage.

Nordick posted:

It's fine to play the game the way you want. I've been running muscle for a long time now, for similar simplicity/survivability reasons.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 14, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Discendo Vox posted:

1. In-development shot of the new safehouse: https://www.instagram.com/p/BH2C9BdgyvJ/

I like the "League of Crime" vibe I'm getting from that.

Discendo Vox posted:

3. Jones just confirmed that skin creators will not receive any form of revenue share. Expect a new wave of entitled rage.

That's actually kind of BS, though. It's somewhat less BS now that there isn't a steady flow of drill revenue coming in, but it's still just "hey make content for us #for #exposure" which is a BS deal no matter how you slice it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

This definitely looks like a bit of an upgrade compared to the basement of a laundromat.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Geight posted:

That's actually kind of BS, though. It's somewhat less BS now that there isn't a steady flow of drill revenue coming in, but it's still just "hey make content for us #for #exposure" which is a BS deal no matter how you slice it.

Please reconsider this position. It's the choice of the skin creator to create the material for the game. The devs are unlikely to be able to afford to split the revenue, which they count on to maintain development. Again, Overkill is not Valve- they work to a much smaller margin on a much smaller overall revenue stream. And they're being upfront about this. That people would assume revenue sharing at all is more than a little bonkers.

Lemon-Lime posted:

This definitely looks like a bit of an upgrade compared to the basement of a laundromat.

I'm really hoping that area near the statue with the guardrail is a literal money pit. Gonna ask if we can get a diving board.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Please reconsider this position. It's the choice of the skin creator to create the material for the game. The devs are unlikely to be able to afford to split the revenue, which they count on to maintain development. Again, Overkill is not Valve- they work to a much smaller margin on a much smaller overall revenue stream. And they're being upfront about this. That people would assume revenue sharing at all is more than a little bonkers.

I am as much of an Overkill apologist as the next guy in this thread but no amount of hand-wringing is going to make me feel like artists aren't entitled to fair compensation for their work. As I said, it's less of a raw deal just because there aren't keys anymore, so the ONLY source of revenue coming from these skins is people reselling the ones that are arbitrarily deemed rarer for big bucks. So, even if there -was- revenue sharing, it'd be a slice of a single transaction, at the most. Practically speaking, there would be no reason to implement revenue sharing at that point.

I'm also glad they're being upfront about this, because I would hope that many artists would invest their time into a different project that is likely to actually result in them getting paid. :v: And I say that as someone who desperately wants Payday 2 to have some skins that don't suck.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nordick posted:

Same

Meldonox posted:

I dunno, with a proper dodge build eeked out just right, I feel like Neo. Without even sprinting, cops be unloading and my armor just doesn't really move. Dodging bullets like crazy. It feels great.

Geight posted:

I am as much of an Overkill apologist as the next guy in this thread but no amount of hand-wringing is going to make me feel like artists aren't entitled to fair compensation for their work. As I said, it's less of a raw deal just because there aren't keys anymore, so the ONLY source of revenue coming from these skins is people reselling the ones that are arbitrarily deemed rarer for big bucks. So, even if there -was- revenue sharing, it'd be a slice of a single transaction, at the most. Practically speaking, there would be no reason to implement revenue sharing at that point.

I'm also glad they're being upfront about this, because I would hope that many artists would invest their time into a different project that is likely to actually result in them getting paid. :v: And I say that as someone who desperately wants Payday 2 to have some skins that don't suck.

I wonder if there's a way they could set up a donation system like TF2 has for maps, but I guess even if they did not that many people would donate if they don't have to. :shrug:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I totally get why OVK can't pay community members for community skins but the notion of artists working for free can go gently caress itself forever.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

That people would assume revenue sharing at all is more than a little bonkers.

It's really not.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

watho posted:

the notion of artists working for free can go gently caress itself forever.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
What am I missing? How is skin creation different than any other mod or mapmaking that's existed in any game?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

If you can't afford to pay someone then you shouldn't hire them. I can totally understand the profit margins of the skins being so thin that they really can't afford to pay the artists for them but in that case they really shouldn't use those artists' art.

watho fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 14, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Its slightly different because OVERKILL could maybe put your gun mods into an actual in game community safe, that could be sold on the steam market, that all players have spoken that they don't want crates to cost anything to open. The only realistic way to get any modding artist the money they could want from being a part of this is to reopen the drill wound as it isn't even like they get the full monty of money from market transactions. That's divided between them, valve and trader and buyer.

I'd hope every starving artist or potential Wilko gets their break, but OVERKILL is being honest upfront that they aren't paying for this. It's all hobby lobby additions that will most likely suck harder than regular skins ever could.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Wintermutant posted:

What am I missing? How is skin creation different than any other mod or mapmaking that's existed in any game?

Most mods are free. This arrangement is explicitly, "You make a thing. We may monetize your thing for our gain, and you will receive no compensation."

Mods and maps might enhance a game's value, but they're not generally sold as additional pieces of content.

If this sounds good to you, let me know. I'd be happy to contract some of my work out to you. I won't pay you, but I might say nice things about you sometimes.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Its slightly different because OVERKILL could maybe put your gun mods into an actual in game community safe, that could be sold on the steam market, that all players have spoken that they don't want crates to cost anything to open. The only realistic way to get any modding artist the money they could want from being a part of this is to reopen the drill wound as it isn't even like they get the full monty of money from market transactions. That's divided between them, valve and trader and buyer.

I'd hope every starving artist or potential Wilko gets their break, but OVERKILL is being honest upfront that they aren't paying for this. It's all hobby lobby additions that will most likely suck harder than regular skins ever could.

Overkill could, you know, not use the workshop for the express purpose of monetizing the work of others.

"Look guys, I'm running a construction company, but the margins are really thin. I won't pay you to work for me, but I swear I'll be a good reference."

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Also, gamers are very entitled when it comes to many things but wanting compensation for something they did all the work on while someone else gets all the profits is not one of them.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Overkill could, you know, not use the workshop for the express purpose of monetizing the work of others.

"Look guys, I'm running a construction company, but the margins are really thin. I won't pay you to work for me, but I swear I'll be a good reference."

And thus likely no one will use it. Artists will stick with straight up modding and nothing else and OVERKILL will have likely wasted their time setting this up. If you want the skin creator to have some sort of payment, tell me where it should come from in a way that players would like and OVERKILL would too.

Because remember, this is the same community that proudly proclaims how they use DLC unlockers to get access to all the masks and guns for free. You put any sort of price tag in front of this community, and they will rip off that artist's work with either their own lovely gun skin (oilpro) or work around the code to use it without paying for the skin.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 14, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It's a weird situation. Overkill is not being unreasonable, because they aren't trying to hide that they won't be paying artists, and we've established that there's probably no meaningful amount of revenue to BE shared, as things stand. But at the same time, artists working for free is bullshit.

So yeah, the only reasonable conclusion is that skilled artists shouldn't waste their time with the Payday 2 workshop and that we shouldn't expect a marked increase in skin qualities from this being released. :shrug:

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Ah, I missed where they were going to charge for these user-created skins; that explains the consternation.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Wintermutant posted:

Ah, I missed where they were going to charge for these user-created skins; that explains the consternation.

They are not. The skins can be sold on the marketplace- they get revenue off a fraction of the sales.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Wintermutant posted:

No skins are free to unlock from safes. That's where the problem lies in incentivizing and rewarding artistic effort. OVERKILL is only making money from trade transactions on the Steam Market. Thus they don't likely have the money to burn for every user made gun skin that makes it into the community space. No one likes to not be payed for their work, artist or not. Thus where do you pay the artist to care about really making something good in a community that will steal from that artist anyway, whether or not they piss them off by making the community skin cost anything other than free?

Its a problem with no good solutions that won't enrage a frothing mass of babies.

Another problem I thought of is how should Artists be payed for really common skins compared to really detailed rare stuff that no one buys, but the market is setting up for like fifty to hundreds of dollars? Get a nickle a week for the skin no one cares for and is barely sold? Get one time payment for something so rare its never sold? The only person that'd see anything if it was payment based on trading is the one with the most traffic. And how do you make and maintain popularity when you don't get to design for the popular gun?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It sucks people can't get paid but there's also not a lot of revenue to share. It'll be pennies from all the dirt cheap transactions; Valve can afford to pay everyone the same regardless of skin rarity because they take a cut from the keys sold.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah I feel like the whole workshop system would work better if drills were still going at 2.50 a pop, because then you'd just set up revenue sharing so that every creator included in a given safe would get pennies of that safe's drill, which would (ideally) add up to be an amount of compensation that would incentivize people making cool stuff to get included in the game.

Kind of awkward that they've basically created a no-win situation for their workshop by removing microtransactions, 2016 is wild.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Really how is this setup different from any other company that runs a 'contest' for people to submit things, that the company will then turn around and own, monetize, and give gently caress all to the creator?

OVK isn't selling safes/drills anymore, and after valves cut, they likely won't make poo poo off the skins that'll probably sell for fractions of a dollar.

Yes, pay loving artists, but this is people going into it, knowing they won't get jack poo poo out of it.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

I haven't been paying close attention to this discussion since I don't care at all about the topic, but if it's relevant I hope someone posts a drawing of a fat nerd trying to pay for an art with GageCoin.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Wilko blockchain generator for Gagecoin plox

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Hobold posted:

OVK isn't selling safes/drills anymore, and after valves cut, they likely won't make poo poo off the skins that'll probably sell for fractions of a dollar.

Then why are they doing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
The "OVK should pay content creators" argument stems from the fact that on skins that fans create OVK will get a few cents per Marketplace transaction. For example sake, let's say they make 3 cents exactly. If a hundred transactions of a skin occur, it will result in OVK making 3 bucks. They're simply saying that a percentage of that should go to the maker of said skin.

Eh.