Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

On mobile so can't link but new ep preview shows Jotaros new gear. Good poo poo.

E: figured it out
https://youtu.be/97qJLa5sAPI

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...
If I recall correctly, Pucci also speaks with Whitesnake.

I dunno if FF really counts but maybe that too?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

steel ball run also makes it a point that gravity is one of the few things that can basically go anywhere and be everywhere and so act 4 pretty much used that to gently caress up valentine wherever he went

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

FirstAidKite posted:

I liked that ball breaker, as the ultimate form of gyro's medicinal/executioner spin, was something designed to kill someone by causing them to age to death

I just wasn't sure what Tusk Act 4 did because it seemed kind of strange that the ultimate power of spin meant that he could use it to cause everything about the target to spin infinitely, forcing them to a central point (IIRC that is what it did with valentine, it kept trying to drag him underground in each universe he swapped to), but then also it can move during stopped time I guess because it is a mathematical force, a constant based around existence and stopping time isn't going to cause mathematical perfection to go away?

I dunno. And then yeah he does something in JJL and a rock lands on his head I don't even know what happened there

I mean based on this description it slums like Johnny's dark determination literally creates a localized black hole... with a vengeance.

Man, Johnny's so cool

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If Johnny wants to kill you, he certainly has ways of killing you. It's not a Jotaro situation where he has to worry about range. Johnny's so ready to kll that Tusk's an unstoppable bullet train of destruction, there is no impediment you can put in front of him and Tusk to stop them. Johnny literally defeated leg paralysis

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Johnny killed the president of these United States of America he will kill government officials

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the feng shui guy's stand talks to him

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

setafd posted:

the feng shui guy's stand talks to him

Hell, it talks to everybody near it

It doesn't want any part of it, it's just like "hey I'm neutral alright leave me out of this"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I realized yesterday due to it being romanized in-panel that "Josefumi" is a take on "Joseph" and felt dumb

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Specifically, it's Joseph combined with Sea (umi) to play in to the man of the land and sea thing.

I only figured out in the last week or so that Yasuho's flower motif is because she's Hirose.

e:

EmmyOk posted:

What is duwang? Also seeing super old Joseph makes me hope in later parts Jotaro dies or ages of screen so I don't have to deal with it.

hue hue hue

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 14, 2016

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'm anime-only on jojo. i understand that steel ball run is basically an entirely separate continuity from parts 1-6. is there anything i wouldn't be able to understand in part 7 if i just start reading it? tbh i'd rather stay anime only but steel ball run is so far away from where the anime is, and i've heard so much praise for it even in the context of how good jojo normally is that i want to check it out specifically.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

You're totally fine to read part 7 without concern.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ninjewtsu posted:

i'm anime-only on jojo. i understand that steel ball run is basically an entirely separate continuity from parts 1-6. is there anything i wouldn't be able to understand in part 7 if i just start reading it? tbh i'd rather stay anime only but steel ball run is so far away from where the anime is, and i've heard so much praise for it even in the context of how good jojo normally is that i want to check it out specifically.

you're good, fam

anything important I can think of that comes up you're already square on

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

Go for it. As you say it is it's own continuity and the allusions to previous parts are mostly from 1-3 so nothing will be going over your head in any case. It's absolutely fantastic and probably the high point of the series to date, so have fun!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm of the staunch belief that one should never skip JoJo parts but nah you are good to go. You know what Stands are, you're not risk of getting retroactively spoiled, go for it, my man

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

cool thanks guys

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SKIPPING!?!?!

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Honestly even if you don't want to read part 4 I don't see a reason to skip 5 or 6. The only big spoilers from each are finding out a couple characters live, right?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It ain't skipping, it's postponing more Jojo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't postpone it you loving read it you coward

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i went to boxing classes and when they gave me a skipping rope i quit then and there

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
See, you skip parts because you make these nerds mad. Skip all of them. Say you're waiting for Araki's Cooking Adventures to get animated. DO IT

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My daughter went in the triple jump at sports day at school and as soon as she got to the skip i packed her poo poo and put her up for adoption

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I'm all in favor of people skipping 5 until there's a good translation completed, and if you're skipping 5 you might as well skip 6 and go straight to 7.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Just read all of the new part 5 translation. Really good

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

all of jojo sounds cool but i just specifically wanted to see what the deal was with steel ball run. the basic concept and the stuff i know about it sounds the coolest

is it normal that i have to stop and stare at these pages pretty frequently to decipher what exactly is going on? am i bad at reading manga

gyro loving that dude's arm up so bad that it made him shoot himself was pretty rad

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's pretty normal, yeah.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you might as well read 6 if nothing else. 4 and 5 have nothing to do with the overarching story at large, but stone ocean does.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
part 5 does set up my least favourite thing from part 6 aka my least favourite thing from all jojos

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
You can retroactively spoil yourself with stuff from Part 5 and 6 so I can understand skipping them if you wanna stay close to the anime.

ninjewtsu posted:

all of jojo sounds cool but i just specifically wanted to see what the deal was with steel ball run. the basic concept and the stuff i know about it sounds the coolest

is it normal that i have to stop and stare at these pages pretty frequently to decipher what exactly is going on? am i bad at reading manga

gyro loving that dude's arm up so bad that it made him shoot himself was pretty rad
There's a big undertaking to color all of JoJo's and it's about halfway through Part 7 now if that helps you

http://jojocoloredadventure.blogspot.com.br/2014/08/download-our-latest-releases.html

(i never remember if this is :files: to link to this or not, i don't think so but idk)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The colouration is already done by Shueisha, JJCA are typesetting it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh really? I had no idea, nice

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I find the color version way harder to read and parse but YMMV I guess.

More people should read SBR because it is extremely good.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
eyes of heaven is insanely jank but figuring out what the gently caress to do when the game is entirely in japanese is kind of fun.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I wonder if the episode will show Josuke restoring the couple in the fridge. If I remember correctly, in the manga he says something like "I'll use Crazy Diamond to fix them" and then never shows him doing it. The couple themselves are unimportant, but it seems like an odd thing not to even show Josuke touching the blob to fix them. I'd be amused if DavidPro left it offscreen and confused the anime-only viewers too.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Begemot posted:

I find the color version way harder to read and parse but YMMV I guess.

More people should read SBR because it is extremely good.

I'm the opposite, I find B&W much more difficult. It depends upon how close the colors are in certain panels, of course (like how some parts of Vento Aureo can be a real magenta-fest), but overall I like the color experience better.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, Part 6 me was almost unreadable for me in black and white. There are some instances where they'll go wild with putting different words in different colors in the same speech bubble, but other than that, I usually prefer color.

JJCA just re-released all of Part 6 in color again and they've apparently been re-working on it for like a year, but I'm not sure what they changed?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Death Bot posted:

Honestly even if you don't want to read part 4 I don't see a reason to skip 5 or 6. The only big spoilers from each are finding out a couple characters live, right?

The reason to skip part 5 is that it's the most separate part pre-SBR and the translation that makes it readable and follow-able isn't done yet.

The reason to skip Part 6 is that SBR is just the best there is and is completely stand alone compared to Part 6 so there's no reason to read one before the other so you can go either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The reason to read Stone Ocean before Steel Ball Run is because it is part 6 instead and Steel Ball Run is part 7.