Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
See you guys on the rear end course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Red Bull Ring rules, gently caress the haters.

Also we need to race Levantes.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The SUV is hilarious. And the two modern F1s are great.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Should we replace the sunday AE86 race with something from this pack? F1 or 250F?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

- Added the possibility to launch sim directly. Add section
[AUTOSPAWN]
ACTIVE=1
To race.ini then start AssettoCorsa.exe

What does this mean?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm not liking the 250F. The 6 cylinder is straight up boring to drive and the 12 cylinder is ok but there's no grip. I'm not talking "hurf durf it can't even take a hairpin at five million mph" but it can't do gentle turns at 30mph. I threw it onto the ring and was bored the whole time. Sure you have to fight the entire time to keep the back wheels in the back even on the straights, but I felt like I was going so slow. I switched to the Lotus 25 which is apparently six years later in F1 and it's so much better to drive. I tried out SF15-T on the red bull ring and wasn't super into it but I don't really know that track. I'll have to try it around a track I know and see how it is then.

I wasn't super hyped about the Japanese pack and ended up liking it. I was kind of hyped for this one because I love old F1 cars but I'm kind of disappointed now.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Cojawfee posted:

I was kind of hyped for this one because I love old F1 cars but I'm kind of disappointed now.

Man, Pops had a field day when he visited and we played sims. I showed him the PCARS Classic Lotus pack and he started talking about what he knew about each car from the F1 stuff he followed decades ago. When I visited him, he showed me the old models he'd built of a bunch of those cars, and a ton of others. I took a bunch of pictures and used them as reference to paint some of his iRacing cars.

My favorite from that pack is, IIRC, the 1986. I forget the model name but that thing is a loving blast to drive.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The only thing I'm disappointed by is the lack of tyre compounds in the F1s.

But, iracing doesn't even do that atm. :shrug:

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Anybody know which cars are using the V10 tire model? I haven't bought the new pack yet, but are there any of the older cars using them?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Jehde posted:

What does this mean?

skips the menu screen and goes directly into the race

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

This is pretty funny

The fix:
delete "onlywith" line from file called ui_car.json which is located in assettocorsa/content/cars/ks_ferrari_sf15t(ks_ferrari_f138)/ui

Seems like a Ferrari licence thing maybe?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Thanks to the latest VR update, I've been doing lots of Dirt Rally. Finalnd is so amazing in the Stratos.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Norns posted:

The only thing I'm disappointed by is the lack of tyre compounds in the F1s.

But, iracing doesn't even do that atm. :shrug:

But the F1 car does have different compounds? It has 4 of them.

Ratmtattat posted:

Anybody know which cars are using the V10 tire model? I haven't bought the new pack yet, but are there any of the older cars using them?

Not that I've found, I'd have expected the GT3 cars to have gotten them but I haven't seen any that have.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I was just reading on Reddit apparently the new Ferraris got the tire model. It's supposed to be coming to all the other cars soon, probably right before the console launch.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

njsykora posted:

But the F1 car does have different compounds? It has 4 of them.

I ment visible. Should have been a bit more clear.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I just realized the greatest casualty to the Assetto Corsa mods forum shutting down: Last I checked the guy that did the Reliant Robin mod was actually trying to update it to v1.2+ spec with the help of people on the forum. :negative:

Jehde fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 15, 2016

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Norns posted:

I ment visible. Should have been a bit more clear.

Ah yeah, that does suck slightly because in a race I'd like to know at a glance what everyone else is using.

E: I want to make note of something regarding the AI improvements. Doing a quick GT4 race at the Red Bull Ring and I got into this situation with a Ginetta.

I took them on the straight after turn 2, they outbraked me into turn 3, held it on the inside without contact and kept it alongside until I got the inside in turn 4. They sure as hell wouldn't have done that before. They're much more aware of what's around them, like they won't give up the inside line if you're right behind them, they'll stay on the inside after a corner and force you to go round the outside. They're a lot of fun to race now.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 15, 2016

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

This Assetto Corsa F1 Ferrari is a loving blast. The brakes in these top-level racecars never cease to amaze me.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

The detail on them is immense in VR, other sims should take note. Nice to be able to actually see the DRS lights on the wheel, both the one when it is active and a second to indicate an acceptable zone to use them. Noticed the light and missed the sign on a track, I'm sure there will be others.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Front tires on the Ferrari F1 cars never want to stay warm in the default setup

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jul 18, 2016

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The F1 car isn't paintable apparently. So any F1 race we do would be very visually boring. I've not driven the 90s DTM stuff since the v7 tires so that works nicely for me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hopefully I make it back in time but I have to go buy some chemicals to put in the pool.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
:siren: Server won't start, ticket opened but no race today :siren:

sorry

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

GhostDog posted:

:siren: Server won't start, ticket opened but no race today :siren:

sorry

Just going to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Gooncar iRacing is doing some off-season races starting tonight :getin:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Helicon One posted:

Just going to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Gooncar iRacing is doing some off-season races starting tonight :getin:

Qualifying begins in about 40 minutes, and the race in about an hour.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Server is fixed, let's try this again next sunday.

I also subscribed to Sim Racing System to give it a try, a good idea and works fine but needs to reach critical mass. It probably won't though.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

GhostDog posted:

I also subscribed to Sim Racing System to give it a try, a good idea and works fine but needs to reach critical mass. It probably won't though.

Have you ever tried Race2Play?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
No, I just started looking for options. I'll give that a try as well, looking at the web page though it seems like SRS is better integrated with the game(s) directly?

Edit: Also seems to have more of a league character, SRS is geared towards iRacing type pickup racing. Like, it's pretty much a straight up copy with weekly track rotation and rating for oval and road.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jul 18, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Videocard died. What a terrible time to buy a new card. 450 bucks for a 1070. There goes a chunk of money I had set aside for a direct drive wheel.

Guess I'm ready for VR now...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The 1060 is due out tomorrow and is supposed to be $300-350, maybe hold out for that if you're not pushing for 4k?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Norns posted:

Videocard died. What a terrible time to buy a new card. 450 bucks for a 1070. There goes a chunk of money I had set aside for a direct drive wheel.

Guess I'm ready for VR now...

Well, at least you'll have a 3 year warranty and no need to buy another video card for years if you only have one 1080p monitor.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rather spend the extra money for the 1070 over the 1060. I'm pushing the 3 1080P monitors. Upgrading from the dead 780Ti.

Also I'm impatient and don't want to wait for supply issues on the 1060.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know if people will want to resell the 1060. The 1070 and 1080 all got snatched up by resellers and sold for an extra hundred dollars. With those cards being easier to get now, I doubt it's worth it to buy up all the 1070s and try to sell them when you could just add a few more bucks and get a 1070.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I bought two more monitors last week and in AC it works fine, but if I try to use it in iracing it reboots my machine. Might be that I have a rift hooked up because my event log is mostly OCVR errors. After borrowing the rift, it makes me feel like ordering monitors was a waste. Should have just bought myself a CV1.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 18, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe it's trying to tell you that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I don't know if people will want to resell the 1060. The 1070 and 1080 all got snatched up by resellers and sold for an extra hundred dollars. With those cards being easier to get now, I doubt it's worth it to buy up all the 1070s and try to sell them when you could just add a few more bucks and get a 1070.

The manufacturer cards for the 1060 are also going to be out at the same time, so there's going to be more stock around in general since it's not just gonna be the Founders Edition.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

well gently caress me

Been playing a lot of dirt rally lately and managed some pretty good spots on the leader boards for some wales stages and made me feel like I was finally starting to understand that game. Spent a few hours driving the new Ferrari F1s in asetto corsa tonight, a game I never got much out of because I'm more into the rally stuff. Started to get used to them a bit towards the end and was having a lot of fun just hot lapping the nurburgring. Thought I would have a little bash in dirt rally before I shut down for the night and HORROR! It was like I was just starting out at dirt rally again. Really crushed the excitement over getting into a new racing game.

I'm sure you regular sim guys are used to this phenomenon but it really bummed me out because it took me about 250 hours to get decent at dirt and now I'm worried Ill have to give up on asseto corsa just as I find some cars I really enjoy because I don't think I have the patience to be retraining myself all the time... such dilemmas.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
If you haven't played other sims before you probably just got used too much to Dirt Rally's poo poo FFB. Switching between all the other current sims is a non-issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Road cars are different than rally cars?? And the skills dont entirly translate????