Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Baloogan posted:

id like to put in a special request that all probations be postponed till after the rpeublican convention

no.

i'm about 170 at 6'0" but that's because i'm specifically shooting for lean and speedy in case i ever actually opt for soccer or fencing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Baloogan posted:

id like to put in a special request that all probations be postponed till after the rpeublican convention

Ain't gonna happen.

I do weights two or three days a week, but run a ton on all the rest so it's not surprising I'm about one sixty at six foot two.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
okay

well then next special request: as the rnc cuckvention is the biggest gathering of cucks im gonna need to say cuck at a rate heretofore not seen

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

6'4" 170 lbs baby, lean and mean let's do this

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol what do you beanpoles even squat

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Not much, and infrequently.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sad!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
what like that plastic thing you put your feet on when making GBS threads?

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
i used to be pretty fit but now I'm a big bastard but it's not so bad cause I carry it well at least that's how I rationalize it

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

When you're running long distance, every pound you have is a pound you have to carry down the road, so it pays to be slender.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

2 plates but 10 reps

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Trying to get back up to my body weight. Not that, at the moment.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i was making 5lb gains every 2-3 days on my squat but after i took a week off for a business trip i tried to just pick up where i left off like an IDIOT and tweaked my back. wasn't even at one plate each side yet (25 reps)

it's been weeks but it's still not completely healed - i'm completely functional in daily life and even in hockey but i want to be careful about the lifting. haven't started lifting again, i upped my skating time instead since learning hockey is my focus anyway. what really pissed me off was that i couldve hosed up the hockey by being an idiot with free weights, but i avoided any real problems this time

after my NEXT drat business trip, hopefully the last for a while, next week im gonna get back into the gym, cut the squats by like 30 lbs and just start building up again. gotta listen to my body, i knew those squats weren't gonna work, gotta learn a lesson

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
My lifts:

365 back squat
315 front squat
225 push press
165 shoulder press
435 deadlift
220 power clean
165 snatch

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love lifting its the best

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

is that u in ur avatar

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
shameful

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Karl Barks posted:

is that u in ur avatar

I wish

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Enjoy your heart attack and increasing lack of mobility.

lol meatbag, can you even lift your heels off of the ground when sitting in an L position?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

My lifts:

365 back squat
315 front squat
225 push press
165 shoulder press
435 deadlift
220 power clean
165 snatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzKDdj0CxY

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

I was always annoyed by people who work out to "look good".
Every time someone at the gym would tell me that I should stop running and doing body weight exercises, I'd wince.

Women aren't impressed by all that poo poo anyways, guys are. Sitting in the sauna, seeing guys flex at each other, it all just seems so gay.

Eat your wings and drink your beer, just stretch and get some cardio.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solvent posted:

lol meatbag, can you even lift your heels off of the ground when sitting in an L position?

lol yes

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I don't eat enough to gain much from weightlifting and i'm not willing to eat more

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Can anyone who kept reading the Bernie thread tell me how Dabadu handled everything?

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Solvent posted:

Women aren't impressed by all that poo poo anyways, guys are. Sitting in the sauna, seeing guys flex at each other, it all just seems so gay.

This is just such a weird statement. Anyway, I'm off to flex at men in a locker room, all gayly.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

women are immune to cultural depictions of physical attractiveness, unlike men. thats why the world's most beautiful people don't date each other according to me, a person locked in a room and forced to watch sitcoms 18 hours a day

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
oh so you're like a seinfeld person. cool

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

kramre get ipad

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SirJohnnyMcDonald posted:

oh so you're like a seinfeld person. cool

we're called Jews, man, come on, it's 2016

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
there was one where they were stuck in a garage the whole time. like, what? that's just not a tv show, bro. there's like no story.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Mrit posted:

This is just such a weird statement. Anyway, I'm off to flex at men in a locker room, all gayly.

Sauna. True story. Happens often. Seems that your use of the word gayly fits the archaic definition of "without care" as well as the one I intended.

Enjoy.

Homework Explainer posted:

women are immune to cultural depictions of physical attractiveness, unlike men. thats why the world's most beautiful people don't date each other according to me, a person locked in a room and forced to watch sitcoms 18 hours a day

Insightful. You may be on to something.

My Imaginary BF
Jun 3, 2016

by zen death robot

Left: Socio
Right: Economic

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

My Imaginary BF posted:

Left: Socio
Right: Economic

Tomatoes are bullshit but the rest of that looks great. Cold. Man, I want cold food.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/753730972898787328

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Holy moly

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Cephalocidal posted:

Tomatoes are bullshit but the rest of that looks great. Cold. Man, I want cold food.
Something something cold (asian) fusion joke

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39P-OKKTs4

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnW9mWpKx8A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Cephalocidal posted:

Tomatoes are delicious.

• Locked thread