Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I didn't bitch about it the first time because I didn't want to cause a row and engage in mod sass, but I'm honestly kind of annoyed. Oh well. I'll get over it I guess. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

Banana?

yes this! it comes with free pms

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

WickedHate posted:

I didn't bitch about it the first time because I didn't want to cause a row and engage in mod sass, but I'm honestly kind of annoyed. Oh well. I'll get over it I guess. :shrug:

The proper thing to do if you have questions about your probation is to PM or email X-O and ask him what you did and what kind of posting he'd like you to avoid.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DrProsek posted:

what kind of posting he'd like you to avoid.

All/Every/Any kind.

This thread is not for this kind of discussion. I'll just leave you with this WickedHate, if I start getting less complaints from people around here about you I might let up on you. I don't see that happening though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Had quite the interesting day today, as me and a friend decided to go out to the beach, only to find out it was a nude beach when we got there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Roth posted:

Had quite the interesting day today, as me and a friend decided to go out to the beach, only to find out it was a nude beach when we got there.

So who has the bigger dong?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Roth posted:

Dear Penthouse,

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

Banana?

It's the best!
Beats the rest!
Cellular!
Modular!
Interactivoldular!

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Roth posted:

I had this problem. I solved it by living in Illinois. Now there's no places worth going to and everyone that has the means to leave wants to leave this state as soon as possible and so in a few years I likely won't have to worry about hanging out with friends.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Travis343 posted:

Dear Penthouse,

There is nothing erotic about a nude beach, unless you think naked out of shape old men and children running around while you try to get your mack on is cool.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Endless Mike posted:

So who has the bigger dong?

The guy who told my friend to not piss behind the rock he was changing behind.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

There is quite a popular nude beach in town that I go to every now and again. It was quite the local spot until it became a tourist attraction and now bus loads of tourists come by and gawk. It is kind of sad.
Anyway how about them comics.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Madkal posted:

Anyway how about them comics.

They're terrible. Especially the ones with.... :barf: the Flash:barf:

(My hatred for Flash and related characters is entirely irrational, based solely on Barry/Wally being beloved characters I would otherwise have no strong feelings on so everyone else loving them makes me irrationally not like them. I think this says more about me than it does the Flash)

burnishedfume fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 14, 2016

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

DrProsek posted:

They're terrible. Especially the ones with.... :barf: the Flash:barf:

(My hatred for Flash and related characters is entirely irrational, based solely on Barry/Wally being beloved characters I have no strong feelings on so everyone else loving them makes me irrationally not like them. I think this says more about me than it does the Flash)

Focus on good things and your own hopes and dreams.

How about that Wicked and Divine? Is that going to end soon? I don't want it to end, but I don't want it to outlive itself, and things seem to be coming to a head.

Wikipedia says 30 to 60 issues...

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I picked up Horizon since it look interested and I feel like nothing happened in the first issue at all.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Aww man. I was intrigued by the few pages in the back of another comic with the alien lady learning English or something.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Roth posted:

Were there any good Pokemon there though

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

whatsabattle posted:

Were there any good Pokemon there though

I actually did catch a male Nidoran.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

StumblyWumbly posted:

How about that Wicked and Divine? Is that going to end soon? I don't want it to end, but I don't want it to outlive itself, and things seem to be coming to a head.

I imagine the 30 number is if it were a modest success.

If it weren't for Gillen being the type of writer he is, I would expect it to last Walking Dead numbers. As is, I imagine that it could indeed be 60, not including guest issues and one offs like the 1831 issue.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

StumblyWumbly posted:

I'm not sure of the exact number but Gillen has been clear about it having a finite and already determined end.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
W+D is the most I've ever been let down after excitedly tracking it down because of intriguing panels posted here. Surprised it's still going but glad people are enjoying it.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Lurdiak posted:

When was BSS first created?

:drat:

I enjoy stuff like Kangarat Murder Society, his Morrison comic annotations, movie reviews with Chris Sims, etc but you guys actually posted with him, so... I dunno. I have no doubt he restricted his bongisms to his BSS career though.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Re: Baby comic stuff
For a post in the funny panels thread I found DC puts out a fuckton of baby/toddler/learning books.

Is this Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez art? Or someone trying to draw like him?

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 14, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I have three different Harley Quinn pop figures. It'd be cool if I could get two of them to stay up.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

I have... pop figures

I found your problem.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Looks really good! Just poor, poor stability.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.

JoshTheStampede posted:

I'm not sure of the exact number but Gillen has been clear about it having a finite and already determined end.

I think he said we're about at the halfway mark--Persephone In Hell being the figurative (though not exact) midpoint (or "the abyss at the center of things"). And given how he's talked about WicDiv as formalist, the current arc being called "Rising Action" is a pretty heavy indicator of where we are in the story.

Nobby fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 14, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

Is this Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez art? Or someone trying to draw like him?

Probably him. From the Amazon previews the books look like they're all made of existing silver age art.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Frank Cho Walks Off of Wonder Woman, Citing “Censorship” and “Political Agendas”

All the problem lies with Greg Rucka.

EVERYONE loves my Wonder Woman covers and wants me to stay. Greg Rucka is the ONLY one who has any problem with covers. Greg Rucka has been trying to alter and censor my artwork since day one.

Greg Rucka thought my Wonder Woman #3 cover was vulgar and showed too much skin, and has been spearheading censorship, which is baffling since my Wonder Woman image is on model and shows the same amount of skin as the interior art, and it’s a VARIANT COVER and he should have no editorial control over it. (But he does. WTF?!!!)

I tried to play nice, not rock the boat and do my best on the covers, but Greg’s weird political agenda against me and my art has made that job impossible. Wonder Woman was the ONLY reason I came over to DC Comics.

lmaooooo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I look forward to his next dozen unofficial variant covers protesting this weird political agenda through prominent display of a panty shot that cannot be cropped.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
If Cho could keep his id under control he'd be tolerable and a fine artist for a lot of stuff. I hope he's just being a drama queen to get more commission work.

Having said that, if DC cropped his work without telling him or giving him a chance to pull it, that's not cool either.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Those variant were good but unless Rucka comes out and basically says "yeah I lead a conspiracy against Cho, it was me", knowing what I know about Cho it's probably his fault he couldn't work with DC.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is Greg Rucka writing Wonder Woman again, I might have to start reading Wonder Woman again.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Is Greg Rucka writing Wonder Woman again, I might have to start reading Wonder Woman again.

He is but honestly it's not that great. This week's issue felt better than the previous ones and it was just basically just a retelling of her origin.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DrProsek posted:

He is but honestly it's not that great. This week's issue felt better than the previous ones and it was just basically just a retelling of her origin.

That's annoying, the best part about his last time on the book was that it felt like someone was really telling a new Wonder Woman story.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Have you tried Azzarello's?

e: I'll post as X-O for a sec "Just read Legends of Wonder Woman! gently caress all other comics!"

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 15, 2016

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Have you tried Azzarello's?

Yes, that was also good. Actually a common denominator between the two that I liked was all the political poo poo the Greek Gods were up to.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's going to be hilarious when it comes out that Rucka has no idea what the gently caress Cho is flipping out about.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

StumblyWumbly posted:

If Cho could keep his id under control he'd be tolerable and a fine artist for a lot of stuff. I hope he's just being a drama queen to get more commission work.

Having said that, if DC cropped his work without telling him or giving him a chance to pull it, that's not cool either.

I think he is a really good artist, who simply discovered he can make even more money than by just drawing nice looking ladies if he draws nice looking ladies and panders to the MRA crowd at the same time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Decius posted:

I think he is a really good artist, who simply discovered he can make even more money than by just drawing nice looking ladies if he draws nice looking ladies and panders to the MRA crowd at the same time.

Nah, he's definitely a huge pervert, mostly because all artist's are huge perverts, most of them just hide it better. He's a great artist too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Skwirl posted:

That's annoying, the best part about his last time on the book was that it felt like someone was really telling a new Wonder Woman story.

Yeah, my opinion could radically change with the next present day issue that's about Wonder Woman uncovering some lies she's been told, but so far that plotline just hasn't hooked me. The other plotline that's retelling her origin I don't think changed anything other than confirming she's bisexual in the main DC cannon as well.

(if you didn't hear, the way Wonder Woman works is each issue focuses on an alternating story line, one in present day about WW uncovering some lies, the other is the flashback issues)

• Locked thread