Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
Xd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Stay-at-home-moms/ Arbonne Consultants bitching about poors and the unemployed is one of the best parts of Facebook. If it wasn't for the fact that a lot of army guys would get mad at me I would tell every one of them on Facebook that being a wife to a soldier and mother isn't a job, that's why you don't get paid for it, ala The Simpsons, because the fireworks would be amazing

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Professor Shark posted:

Stay-at-home-moms/ Arbonne Consultants bitching about poors and the unemployed is one of the best parts of Facebook. If it wasn't for the fact that a lot of army guys would get mad at me I would tell every one of them on Facebook that being a wife to a soldier and mother isn't a job, that's why you don't get paid for it, ala The Simpsons, because the fireworks would be amazing

Well, if you're handling the family finances, maintaining the home, (cleaning, lawn, minor repairs) purchasing and preparing food, handling family scheduling and providing child care, I'd call that a job. They are getting paid for it though, or in theory they are, because that division of labor is supposed to free the other spouse to put in the hours and effort to make a salary large enough that will support the entire family. It often doesn't work out that way, but that's the fault of the couple, not the position of stay-at-home spouse. IMO we should give govt. assistance to full-time parents so they can raise less lovely children with less strain on the other parent.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Support are trops

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Also the Army/Marines/Whatever do pay them in a roundabout way because military personnel who are married straight up get bonus cash. Same for having children (and it stacks).

"Paper Marriages" in which two soldiers or a soldier and civilian get married purely for the pay bonus while rarely interacting with each other are a real thing.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Also the Army/Marines/Whatever do pay them in a roundabout way because military personnel who are married straight up get bonus cash. Same for having children (and it stacks).

"Paper Marriages" in which two soldiers or a soldier and civilian get married purely for the pay bonus while rarely interacting with each other are a real thing.

I know two people that have barely spoken to one another in years and are only not divorced for this very reason.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

Dude who posted this works as Chief Operations Officer at the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. You know, who often works with disadvantaged youth.

Also, he is black.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

I'm related to this guy somehow. I think he was in the Coast Guard or something. He also loves Farmville and clicking things on facebook.

# of Facebook page likes :wth:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Well, if you're handling the family finances, maintaining the home, (cleaning, lawn, minor repairs) purchasing and preparing food, handling family scheduling and providing child care, I'd call that a job. They are getting paid for it though, or in theory they are, because that division of labor is supposed to free the other spouse to put in the hours and effort to make a salary large enough that will support the entire family. It often doesn't work out that way, but that's the fault of the couple, not the position of stay-at-home spouse. IMO we should give govt. assistance to full-time parents so they can raise less lovely children with less strain on the other parent.

Yeah don't get me wrong, my mom stayed at home. I was thinking of the few people on my own Facebook who post this kind of stuff, who are not those kinds of people.

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Dude who posted this works as Chief Operations Officer at the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. You know, who often works with disadvantaged youth.

Also, he is black.

Right on

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

The stay at home mom that lives across the street from me posted this yesterday.

She also gets money from the state to take care of her daughter's children because the daughter is a meth head.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
imgflip.com

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

lol

"I know I can at least get one amen!"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that poo poo is actually incredibly un-American

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

I agree. His hat has no red on it.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

what could possibly be more american than piety theatre

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

the trump tutelage posted:

what could possibly be more american than piety theatre

Untreated diabetes. :911:

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Pvt.Scott posted:

Works at: full time mommy n proud!!!!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

SEX BURRITO posted:

Works at: full time mommy n proud!!!!

I've got a friend who is/was mostly a stay-at-home dad. He guides walking tours and writes little indie books for extra cash currently. I wish I had a sugar momma.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pvt.Scott posted:

I wish I had a sugar momma.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Is it fun working from home

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Anderron Shi posted:

Is it fun working from home

I wouldn't know. I'm crazy and thus unemployable at the moment.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
i'm the guy who comments on every news story about bad parenting with extremely specific threats of vigilante justice

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

ghost emoji posted:

i'm the guy who comments on every news story about bad parenting with extremely specific threats of vigilante justice

no wait i'm this lady

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

ghost emoji posted:

no wait i'm this lady

its like the perfect storm of awful and unfunniness

d0nt sign my posts

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

ghost emoji posted:

no wait i'm this lady

:hchatter:
Ah, a fellow wine enthusiast and a single parent I see ;)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Bitter Mushroom posted:

its like the perfect storm of awful and unfunniness

d0nt sign my posts
This supports my hypothesis that wine obsession is just one of the popular facebook meme for moms and aunties that's mostly funny if you're "in" with the crowd, like goatse or 9/11 for us (if you post goatse or 9/11 on facebook the moms+aunties will probably not think it is funny)

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

a hole-y ghost posted:

This supports my hypothesis that wine obsession is just one of the popular facebook meme for moms and aunties that's mostly funny if you're "in" with the crowd, like goatse or 9/11 for us (if you post goatse or 9/11 on facebook the moms+aunties will probably not think it is funny)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
What about minions

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

What about minions

What about them, fuckman?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

ghost emoji posted:

no wait i'm this lady

Love it!!!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

caught this on windows 98's facebook

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Linux Pirate posted:

lol

"I know I can at least get one amen!"

I think the message here is that religious fervor is the primary motivator for military recruitment. Uncle Sam, a figure created as propaganda to encourage military service, is shown supplicating to the Christ figure that dominates medieval and Renaissance religious artwork. This implies that the military serves the obsolete religious passions of the the American people and is refreshingly subversive when compared to typically flag waiving Facebook faire. It is worthy of a 'like,' but does not meet the requirements for a 'love.'

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
does anyone really use facebook other than to find people you went to high school with while browsing one handed?

i mean really like wtf is sustaining that poo poo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moridin920 posted:

does anyone really use facebook other than to find people you went to high school with while browsing one handed?

i mean really like wtf is sustaining that poo poo

I mostly use it to keep up with relatives I don't actually want to talk to. That way if someone asks me if I know that cousin Whogivesafuck got married, divorced, died, or had children, I can say yes and not have to discuss it. Facebook also reminds me to say happy birthday or happy anniversary as necessary. Familial obligations fulfilled in the lowest effort way possible.

Oh, and I use it to send funny pictures to my mum. I could email them, but she checks her facebook more often than her email.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Pvt.Scott posted:

I've got a friend who is/was mostly a stay-at-home dad. He guides walking tours and writes little indie books for extra cash currently. I wish I had a sugar momma.

Yeah man

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

A long time ago my "uncle" by marriage cheated on my dad's sister and they got a divorce. He then got remarried to the woman he had the affair with. Yesterday he posts this about his new wife lol.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Anderron Shi posted:

A long time ago my "uncle" by marriage cheated on my dad's sister and they got a divorce. He then got remarried to the woman he had the affair with. Yesterday he posts this about his new wife lol.

Da mother fuckin share zone

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Anderron Shi posted:

Make sure you air your trash in public, uncle!
Nothing bad has ever come from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

By the end of the day there were hundreds of comments, each to which he personally replied to with more details. The crazy thing is that no one called him out for his hypocrisy or for airing his laundry on facebook. People are pretty fried :psyberger:

• Locked thread