Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Inzombiac posted:

Resting on my Nyx laurels for so long has really bitten me in the rear end.
Even though I've been playing this dumb game since day one, I've only just gotten to mastery 10. Not a huge deal, I guess but there are some syndicate stuff I can't get yet.

the syndicate stuff is, actually, a huge deal. the v. hek, sancti tigris and synoid simulor are absolutely top tier, best in the game kinds of weapons, and there are a ton of fun frame builds that don't work without syndicate mods. like firequake ember.

wait you don't even have ember at 30.

dude.

you're completely missing out on 60% of what makes this game fun. don't worry about mastery past 12, but definitely worry about mastery before 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Truga posted:

I was just gonna paste that :argh:

Mine turned out more cat than dog after it grew up, even if the pubby looked exactly like it, I turned the breeding process around. Not sure if that's the cause or if it's just random what you get.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Feindfeuer posted:

Mine turned out more cat than dog after it grew up, even if the pubby looked exactly like it, I turned the breeding process around. Not sure if that's the cause or if it's just random what you get.

Wait what. Was its body shape actually different?

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

dude.

you're completely missing out on 60% of what makes this game fun. don't worry about mastery past 12, but definitely worry about mastery before 12.

Having an Ember in the mission often means "no fun" for me because everything around her is dead and you have to actively keep big distance from her to actually play anything but "follow the ember".

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Mithaldu posted:

Wait what. Was its body shape actually different?

It's based on the biggest, thinnest Kubrow I got, and the first random Kavat I received which also turned out rather thin. It's pretty much a retardo cat with a permanent stuck-out tongue and one of its legs is on the back, it also howls like a Kubrow all the time. See my earlier post for a gif of it walking around my Liset.

Feindfeuer posted:

Did DE say anything about fixing the cat/dog hybrid bug yet? Because I will not be able to get my space cat before sometime next week as I haven't played in a while.

e:
gently caress it, i just rush through it with some plat to be on the safe side. Meet Kill_Me_Please.

worth every penny, even if its just a worthless dog.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Holy poo poo, DE is doing actual genetics experiments. :ohdear:

Edit: Finally a companion that looks just as hosed-up as most warframes.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 14, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the syndicate stuff is, actually, a huge deal. the v. hek, sancti tigris and synoid simulor are absolutely top tier, best in the game kinds of weapons, and there are a ton of fun frame builds that don't work without syndicate mods. like firequake ember.

dude.

I know. I KNOW! I did spend a fair amount of time farming for Ember stuff but her systems did not drop in 8 runs so I got a little frustrated and quit for the day. Loki P. is going to take three days and hopefully I can knock out Ember in that time.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
The good news is that you can blitz through a ton of mastery with those frames. Also, rank any sentinels or pets you haven't yet, you should be able to hit 12 in less than a week if you want.

The bad news is that draco is dead so you probably should have done this a week ago

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Feindfeuer posted:

Did DE say anything about fixing the cat/dog hybrid bug yet? Because I will not be able to get my space cat before sometime next week as I haven't played in a while.

e:
gently caress it, i just rush through it with some plat to be on the safe side. Meet Kill_Me_Please.

:catstare:

What the actual gently caress.

E: I mean I know how you did it but how does that even happen when you program the game loving hell.

Keksen fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 14, 2016

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Feindfeuer posted:

e:

:staredog:

DE bugs really never cease to amaze.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

The good news is that you can blitz through a ton of mastery with those frames. Also, rank any sentinels or pets you haven't yet, you should be able to hit 12 in less than a week if you want.

The bad news is that draco is dead so you probably should have done this a week ago

Before leaving today, I started baking every weapon BP that wasn't using extremely rare resources. Already having grinding out all the Dark sword/dagger variants and even a Bo Mk. 1 I'm excited for some more weird stuff.
The flaying whip is neat but I'd like it a ton more with a Primed Reach.

How is the toxic glaive?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Finally the multiplayer viva pinata sequel I've been waiting for!

Passburger
May 4, 2013
Something related to these "kuvat/kabrows" needs to be the new title of this thread.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ-I333SqDg

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Passburger posted:

Something related to these "kuvat/kabrows" needs to be the new title of this thread.

Test-0 posted:

Warframe (PC/PS4): i put on my robe and wizard cat

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

P sure I saw that as an enemy in Kingdom Hearts

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ersc4tLrSGQ

Passburger
May 4, 2013

I meant the abomination kubrow/kavat crossover, that btw seems to be patched by now.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
For the first time in recorded history the warframe forums has some really good poo poo

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
hahahaha we can breed slimes that owns

edit: they're just in the sleeping pose with an immobile floating cat head but still

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
holy gently caress those would fit right in a horror game.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Apropos of Junction bitching - the junction that wants you to seal some rifts needs you to be the player that gets the seal. As in, you need to be the guy that puts the final reactant in when the rift is at 90%. :psylon:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

SilentW posted:

Apropos of Junction bitching - the junction that wants you to seal some rifts needs you to be the player that gets the seal. As in, you need to be the guy that puts the final reactant in when the rift is at 90%. :psylon:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I couldn't get it to count over the past days even when solo, and today i did all three with zero thinking or effort.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

sockpuppetclock posted:

For the first time in recorded history the warframe forums has some really good poo poo

It's like Nyarlathotep is making GBS threads directly into my eyeballs.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
I need one of those halfbreeds.

Actually, no. I need an army of them.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Oh my god I can't stop laughing. This is what I needed in the middle of packing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Jesus loving christ, I've hatched three Kavats and never seen these monstrosities :psyduck: What the hell did you people do?!

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Jesus loving christ, I've hatched three Kavats and never seen these monstrosities :psyduck: What the hell did you people do?!

Science! :science:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Just in case you did somehow miss it: They combined Kubrow genes with Kavat genes.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
So Steve was on Prime Time tonight instead of Megan and he said some interesting things:
  • People who got horrible monstrosity dogs/cats will be able to keep them, though a fix is inbound.
  • Steve agrees that the current void fissure system could be more varied for the fissures themselves, and doesn't have an immediate solution but wants to fix it.
  • They want to bring back the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal, but they want to make sure they won't piss off too many of those who have them now and make sure they're in the 'right emotional place' (lmao) before they do it. Even if they do this, they will definitely never bring back Excal Prime and any of the stuff in the founder pack.
  • Someone suggested allowing players to farm traces directly by doing Void missions, which Steve liked and is going to put it on the list.
  • Corpus Techs are taller and stronger than normal Crewmen because they eat better.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Coldbird posted:

So Steve was on Prime Time tonight instead of Megan and he said some interesting things:
  • People who got horrible monstrosity dogs/cats will be able to keep them, though a fix is inbound.
  • Steve agrees that the current void fissure system could be more varied for the fissures themselves, and doesn't have an immediate solution but wants to fix it.
  • They want to bring back the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal, but they want to make sure they won't piss off too many of those who have them now and make sure they're in the 'right emotional place' (lmao) before they do it. Even if they do this, they will definitely never bring back Excal Prime and any of the stuff in the founder pack.
  • Someone suggested allowing players to farm traces directly by doing Void missions, which Steve liked and is going to put it on the list.
  • Corpus Techs are taller and stronger than normal Crewmen because they eat better.

Fissures 2.0 slated for release in 2020.

E: How hard are people bitching about fissures that even steve got pushed into addressing the issue. :laugh:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wow, the shitstorm if they bring back Braton and Lato Vandal will be incredibly immense.

I'm shocked they are risking it, since they explicitly said in the past they wouldn't do it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hell yeah. I still have my Excalibur P and Lato Vandal (though I never use it because simple pistols are poopy diapers).

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
I knew it wouldn't happen, but I wish us console guys had a couple days to breed monsters before it gets fixed. Now I'll never have one

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I wonder what happens if you start a Kubrow incubation with two Kavat imprint and vice versa.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Tallgeese posted:

Wow, the shitstorm if they bring back Braton and Lato Vandal will be incredibly immense.

I'm shocked they are risking it, since they explicitly said in the past they wouldn't do it.

Steve went into some detail about this in the stream. Rebecca first said that it would never happen, then Steve just kind of started thinking out loud about how he's come around on the issue.

Basically, when they launched those two items, they were released as a thank-you to the players from the closed beta as they moved into the open beta. At the time, though, even their whole senior team had no idea the game would be this successful - other games like it hadn't lasted but a year and a half, and that was what they were aiming for. While they thought it was fine to do an exclusive like that at the time, they didn't realize then how long the game would last, and how important mastery rank would become. He's thinking he wants to bring them back, but he wants to do a poll or something of all the players who currently have them and see if they're willing to vote to make the items accessible somehow.

Not sure how they'd conduct the vote such that it would actually filter by players who have the items, unless they do it ingame somehow. It was also pointed out that both items were introduced before the game had an inbox/mail system, so they had to 'give' them to players by making them available in the market for 1 credit - which a lot of newer and/or more confused players (and there were a shitload of very confused players at the time) never saw.

I don't think it would be quite that huge of a shitstorm. It's not like Excal Prime where it was available for a fairly long time and you had to put down actual money. Yes, a few very old players will screech and post long-winded rants, but I don't see huge numbers of players forming ranks behind them. I would think they'd likely get shouted down by the much larger army of players who are basically just thinking of mastery for the mastery throne.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Mithaldu posted:

Just in case you did somehow miss it: They combined Kubrow genes with Kavat genes.

Did anyone try using only dog/cat genes but ordering to incubate a cat/dog, respectively? A dog with only cat genes or viceversa.

e: this is what I get for not leaving the tab open too long before hitting post.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Did they patch it already? Because I gotta try this if not.

She's so happy!

Pierson fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 15, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, I don't get a single gently caress if newer players get access to Excalibur Prime.
I paid my money years ago, had some fun with it but there has never been a time where someone in my squad bemoaned the fact that I had it and they didn't.

In fact, completely exclusive content like that turns me off of some games. I don't want to make others feel bad when using my items. I want them to pine for it and work out how to get it for themselves. If I can help in that process, even better.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'm inclined to agree, but I dislike all event/timed content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tallgeese posted:

I'm inclined to agree, but I dislike all event/timed content.

At first I hated the timed events that are such a huge part of this game. That is until I realized I was using them wrong.
Now I just do every one I can while I'm logged in and maybe use the rewards later. Holding my breath for Vauban chassis was just stupid.