Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Arigatouu~

edit: Farming Krut works really well with friend mercenaries. If anyone still has room on their list, 'BakaSA' could use some more strong dudes/dudettes to punch some genes out of this guy!

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
So between the various free gear-pod drops, and doing two ten pulls on 2* stuff, I managed to get a couple random pieces, and a 3* rocker set, and two complete 22* 'rootvine walker' 2* sets.

The rootvine sets went immediately onto Serendi and Lance, to make red golem nepthys easier, and to offset that Lance loves to slow himself. But I don't know who should get the rocker set.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Wooze posted:

Arigatouu~

edit: Farming Krut works really well with friend mercenaries. If anyone still has room on their list, 'BakaSA' could use some more strong dudes/dudettes to punch some genes out of this guy!

ya the idea slipped my mind until someone here mentioned it and I can pretty reliably farm the third stage just using friend summons. what's the order I should max his skills in? someone mentioned 1-4-3-2 working well for them up thread a ways.

someone mentioned serendi earlier, who else are good choices for the phoenix set from the event?

baram. fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 12, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

So between the various free gear-pod drops, and doing two ten pulls on 2* stuff, I managed to get a couple random pieces, and a 3* rocker set, and two complete 22* 'rootvine walker' 2* sets.

The rootvine sets went immediately onto Serendi and Lance, to make red golem nepthys easier, and to offset that Lance loves to slow himself. But I don't know who should get the rocker set.

Rocker set goes on any primary attacker you're not gonna use in BOH. If you have her, it's a great intermediate set for Jin, I think, who is a lot better for PVE and guild raid than people tend to think.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Black coocoos for the week!

1: Death Blow, Born Assassin, Battlefield Healer. Three high quality sets, including probably still the best single set for level in the game, Born Assassin.
2: Dasomier Battle Suit, Extra Curriculum, Pacifist. Daso is loving Daso, but the other two sets are PVE and mediocre, respectively.
3: I Perform the Surgery, Legendary Ranger, Wild Chaser: Three excellent sets, now that I've established that Legendary Ranger is actually real loving good, especially in combination with Brushing Wind.
4: Defender of the Earth, Sunset Sheriff, Ninja Attack. Defender of the Earth is just fantastic, but sunset sheriff is merely okay, and Ninja Attack is literally unusable trash. You have to actively try to tank your own defense to get it that low once you're 4-5 stars.
5: Magical Marksman, Calm Guide, Friday the 13th. Much like 4 star, Magical Marksman is solid, especially as a 2 piece, but calm guide is functionally PVE only, a single death will deactivate it in PVP, and Friday the 13th is trash, though not as trash as Ninja Attack.

If you're gonna blow crystals, blow them on 1 and 3 this week, especially 1. You could do a great deal worse for yourself than amassing a few sets of Born Assassin, and the 1000 defense on Battlefield Healer 2pc is as good as you're gonna get for your support guys.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I apologize for my inconsistency this past week, school got rocky out of nowhere.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Thank god for a week of bad sets. I blew 4k crystals just to roll a single piece of Outer Space.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Thank god for a week of bad sets. I blew 4k crystals just to roll a single piece of Outer Space.

I'll probably pull at least once to try for a ninth piece of Born Assassin. At worst I'll get a big defense boost for Shu Shu or something.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Hey guys, I realize Mas and Gillian aren't really interchangeable, but I'm hard-up for support sets so I'm wondering which you guys feel is the better to prioritize for my support slot. I'm generally favoring Gillian, since his third skill is significantly better at keeping people alive than either characters Heals are, but in order for Gill to really heal enough I would need to invest in his soul gear.

I'm still very far from Belle(I did some seriously dumb poo poo with my PVP points, don't ask.), and while Nirvana is this weekend I'm gonna be out of town in Vegas so I seriously doubt I'll have time to both farm him and max out his skills, so Mas and Gillian are the only two real healer's I'm gonna have for awhile. I've got Shu-shu, but with all my blue genes going to Alex for awhile she's way far down in terms of priority.

Any advice here?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Vincent Valentine posted:

Hey guys, I realize Mas and Gillian aren't really interchangeable, but I'm hard-up for support sets so I'm wondering which you guys feel is the better to prioritize for my support slot. I'm generally favoring Gillian, since his third skill is significantly better at keeping people alive than either characters Heals are, but in order for Gill to really heal enough I would need to invest in his soul gear.

I'm still very far from Belle(I did some seriously dumb poo poo with my PVP points, don't ask.), and while Nirvana is this weekend I'm gonna be out of town in Vegas so I seriously doubt I'll have time to both farm him and max out his skills, so Mas and Gillian are the only two real healer's I'm gonna have for awhile. I've got Shu-shu, but with all my blue genes going to Alex for awhile she's way far down in terms of priority.

Any advice here?

Gillan's heal is fine. It's not as strong as Mas but it covers a larger area. His biggest weakness is the fact that his heal cannot target himself. I would say Gillan benefits way more from support sets because he will most likely be up in the front lines if you plan to use his attack skills. Also don't underestimate the amount of crit he can give with his 2nd skill. Gillan isn't just a healer, his 2nd skill is a decent buff for your damage dealers to crit more consistently.

Belle is still the ultimate healer and have a ton more utility than Mas. The only problem with her is that you have to spend pgenes to make her better. Besides that, I don't see much point in investing in Mas. There are rarely any situations where you need a dedicated healer. If you need more healing power, honestly just form a team with Serendi and Gillan. Those 2 can cover all your healing needs and offer plenty of damage and control.

Nirvana is a bit special in that he's good for doing specific things. You don't need to max him for him to be useful. His biggest benefit is that his 3rd skill gives you 2 turns worth of +2 movement. This is good if you have to rush objectives in big maps and with the added bonus def, you don't have to worry about a single hero diving deep into the enemies. His 2nd skill is amazing if you know when to use it as it will drop most defenses down to 0.

Basically, stick with Serendi and Gillan. Both are super important for end game. Belle is now the go to healer. Nirvana is for utility but not necessary. Support sets should go on Gillan until you can get Belle.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

My current team is Kai, Chris, Carrot, Jenny, Mas. If I was going to replace one of those with Krut, I'm assuming it should be Kai, right? I'm sad, he has been carrying me so far but even with a higher level and 4 star to 3 star he's starting to fall off on damage compared to carrot :(

Edit: also, are friendship points used for anything besides the red capsules? Can't see anything else on the store.

And if anyone has room on friends list, add GreyPowerVan

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jul 14, 2016

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Is TOD normal lvl 40 a huge gear check or is there a gimmick/strategy I'm missing?

The boss can't be stunned, disarmed, charmed, confused. It has 818k health and a passive skill that reduces damage by 40% from attacks with range 1 or longer (so everything?). At the beginning of each turn it will auto-attack everyone within one square of him before either doing his bullshit aoe slam that pushes everyone back 7 squares (onto an island with wolves) or attack in a straight line.

My Lord is lvl 46 and my main team is mostly mid-low level 4 * and have a power level of 70k:
Raskreia lvl 51
Jack lvl 26
Serendi 17
Valkyrie 15
Deborah 28

Other 4 * I have :
Mu lvl 4
Krut lvl 1

I don't have Muzaka because I only started playing last month and wasn't leveled enough to grind him during the Noblesse event.

I have access to two 5 * lvl 70 max skills Jack through the power of ~friendship~ and they're not doing enough DPS in two turns to kill him. I can usually live through turn 3 using Grace at the beginning (he's at maybe 25% by then). But at the beginning of turn 3, my team is either almost dead or he used his slam to knock everyone away and they then die to wolves. Even if I manage to survive the wolves and somehow manage to get back onto the boss, I can't go through the remaining 25% with no Jack and a half-dead team before I wipe.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

First things first. Patch notes for tonight are up: https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/0715fri-patch-note/1773515996196045
New character coming to the Lost Island. Do not neglect to get her, max her if possible. Her package doesn't look, at this time, as absurdly attractive as Rai's, but a knockoff Pirate of Pirates set in the 3 star slot is also pretty loving good, certainly better than Krut's set.

The current event shop is being extended, and the new Valkyrie costume will be in it. Val can always use more HP, and 1500 of them is fantastic even if you opt not to wear the costume.

The free set equipment removal event :siren:ends tonight:siren:

GreyPowerVan posted:

My current team is Kai, Chris, Carrot, Jenny, Mas. If I was going to replace one of those with Krut, I'm assuming it should be Kai, right? I'm sad, he has been carrying me so far but even with a higher level and 4 star to 3 star he's starting to fall off on damage compared to carrot :(

Edit: also, are friendship points used for anything besides the red capsules? Can't see anything else on the store.

And if anyone has room on friends list, add GreyPowerVan

Yes. replace Kai with Krut, and replace Chris with Valkyrie the very moment you get her. You should be able to join Overflowtax at this point, if they have a slot open, otherwise, hit up the discord at https://discord.gg/QVY9n and we'll see if we can get you in a guild so you can get her asap.

Friendship points are only used for red capsules, spend them as often as you can. Once you max out your friend list at 100 friends, you can rake in 10,000 points a day or so, giving you 2.5 5 star buys, which is a slow but constant drip of energy, crafting materials, and gold.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

Secx posted:

Is TOD normal lvl 40 a huge gear check or is there a gimmick/strategy I'm missing?

Seconding how ridiculous this level was. My five 5*s had a hell of a time managing it.

Note that after a few turns, you want to be on the islands, because Full Group Heal potions start to spawn every turn.

I literally only won this map by having the slime launch a lone Raskreia from one potion to another, taking her from sliver HP to full repeatedly while she would slowly tick him down. It was insane.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Oh goodie, a new Lost Island character to farm. I'm almost done maxing Krut :shepface:

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Twisted Eye posted:

Seconding how ridiculous this level was. My five 5*s had a hell of a time managing it.

Note that after a few turns, you want to be on the islands, because Full Group Heal potions start to spawn every turn.

I literally only won this map by having the slime launch a lone Raskreia from one potion to another, taking her from sliver HP to full repeatedly while she would slowly tick him down. It was insane.

gently caress this level. I finally beat it with my 4* team using two Hellfires and a lvl 70 5* Jack. I triggered Hellfire on my first turn and built up *just* enough cooperation bar to trigger a second Hellfire on my third turn. Only my Valkyrie was left and almost died to the wolves.

Are there any other bullshit levels like this in Normal?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Secx posted:

The boss can't be stunned, disarmed, charmed, confused. It has 818k health and a passive skill that reduces damage by 40% from attacks with range 1 or longer (so everything?). At the beginning of each turn it will auto-attack everyone within one square of him before either doing his bullshit aoe slam that pushes everyone back 7 squares (onto an island with wolves) or attack in a straight line.

My Lord is lvl 46 and my main team is mostly mid-low level 4 * and have a power level of 70k:
Raskreia lvl 51
Jack lvl 26
Serendi 17
Valkyrie 15
Deborah 28

Other 4 * I have :
Mu lvl 4
Krut lvl 1

I don't have Muzaka because I only started playing last month and wasn't leveled enough to grind him during the Noblesse event.

I have access to two 5 * lvl 70 max skills Jack through the power of ~friendship~ and they're not doing enough DPS in two turns to kill him. I can usually live through turn 3 using Grace at the beginning (he's at maybe 25% by then). But at the beginning of turn 3, my team is either almost dead or he used his slam to knock everyone away and they then die to wolves. Even if I manage to survive the wolves and somehow manage to get back onto the boss, I can't go through the remaining 25% with no Jack and a half-dead team before I wipe.

Okay so, here's the deal. You're on the right track with the maxed out Jack merc and grace. Make sure your own Jack has maxed third skill. Open up with Grace and Deb, have her dot the boss, then have Raskreia follow it up with her third skill, to add Weaken. Swap Serendi out for merc Jack and use third skill. Your Jack use third skill. Position Val so that if the boss hits her, he can't hit anybody else, and have her attempt to taunt.

Second turn, repeat that pattern, and the boss should be dead, or just about, and should be in finishing range of whoever's left.

Alternately, swap Val for the merc instead, and use Serendi to drop damage shields on your entire team when Grace wears off. Even if the boss kills your entire team, I think you win if it dies of reflected damage.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

First things first. Patch notes for tonight are up: https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/0715fri-patch-note/1773515996196045
New character coming to the Lost Island. Do not neglect to get her, max her if possible.
I am amused by this character design. giving new meaning to the term "breastplate". Putting the 'she' in 'shields'

quote:

Her package doesn't look, at this time, as absurdly attractive as Rai's,

giggity

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
The attractiveness of Rai's package may explain why the female Noblesse heroes don't look like their designer missed the memo that this isn't a hentai game.

Maybe that's why they went for the Noblesse license though; Rai's the only Noblesse dude who wears a shirt.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah I mean in the game it all looks normal but then you see the loading screen and why the hell are her breasts larger than her head Oh god.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Please for the love of god be as broken as Krut. Rock and paper have way too many good heroes right now.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

SwdOfLowtax, we are currently 50th and it is less than an hour until maintenance.

We need doomXO, Phrenz, DonTrump, Dershiva, Mooselander, GodsBlister, and JimmyBob to do guild raid ASAP.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I still dont understand why game companies make the girl characters naked by default, and then have you pay money to put clothes back on. Was there some study that found whales are super conservative about nudity or what?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

they'd lose more than they'd gain

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, I put in my 3 fights. We should be somewhere around 48th now

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Well, I put in my 3 fights. We should be somewhere around 48th now

Just realized I didn't use my bonus keys, so I'm gonna do one real quick just to make sure we stay here.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

SwdOfLowtax, we are currently 50th and it is less than an hour until maintenance.

We need doomXO, Phrenz, DonTrump, Dershiva, Mooselander, GodsBlister, and JimmyBob to do guild raid ASAP.

Sorry Boss, work's been sending me to a place with no internet all week and I have 12 hour shifts.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So here's my 2 turn auto for Reina 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rof8XWSFtmE

DO NOT FOLLOW THIS VIDEO!

My Jenny is rocking Daso, BR, and Kleins so she deals a ton of damage. Also I have no idea why stepping on a tile causes Krut's AI to use his 3rd skill twice in a row.

edit: Lena is there in case something goes wrong. She can reach Reina by turn 2 to use her 3rd skill. Thank god she's not immune to HP% damage.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 15, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
We made 47th in guild war today :toot:

Nice job and crack the whip on the others!

Someone asked a while ago if anyone had gotten Soul Gear Scroll Pieces from an S(- through +) capsule instead of Soul Stones.

Yes, and when you do the capsule looks like this:

The normal (Soul Stone) capsule has white trim rather than gold.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
I've seen people get whole summon books from their raid capsules in the pubbie channel. No idea if that's possible below S/SS.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Who should I use my summon book on? I'm up to Glory and I'll work on recruiting Raboff as soon as I'm done with Krut Reina.

Casull fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 15, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Casull posted:

Who should I use my summon book on? I'm up to Glory and I'll work on recruiting Raboff as soon as I'm done with Krut Reina.

That is...a good question.

Don't pull the trigger until you get confirmation from one of the others but I'm thinking

1) hold off for Raboff's weapon (for +10% disarm at max)

2) Use it for Gillian's weapon (for +10% disarm at max)

3) Alfred's wings giving his spammable second skill +20% charm at max.

Edit: Minor edits to OP for new stuff and new commentary on July soul gear.

:frogsiren: NEW PLAYERS. :frogsiren: READ THE TOP OF THE FIRST PAGE OF THE OP. USEFUL LINKS THROUGHOUT THE THREAD! HONEST! THANKS!

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Man, I really wish I could switch servers and join you guys. I started on the Pioneer server, and for obvious reasons, there's no way in hell I'm starting over, but my pubbie guild sucks rear end, even though it's filled to the brim with people fielding level 70 five star characters. Not one of them can get above an A rank for any of the bosses. Granted, neither can I, but I'm still low 5 stars, and I'm working on training up my Raboff and Alex and such so I can do better. Actually, the fact that I'm low 5 star and consistently outscoring my entire guild should say something just in that alone.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
That does suck. Hopefully Nexon will let you transfer some time.

Btw what server are we on? I don't remember choosing a server.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

So now there's two Lost Islands when I barely managed to grind the one.

What do you guys think would be smarter: to max out Krut's skills or go straight for the new hero, from a power standpoint? Bear in mind I can barely clear Krut 2 by myself and from the one run I tried Reina's funnel of death looks even grimmer.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
There's four servers: global, Asian, Korean, Pioneer. It defaults you to one based on some criteria I'm not sure of, and it put me on pioneer. I am next to certain you guys are all on "global".

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I think you should edit the OP to tell everyone who plays to go to the Global Server. Since there are no actual player interactions aside from chat, playing on other servers won't handicap you at all as far as I know. I played on the Korean server for a bit before and I noticed no difference aside from the language differences in chat.

This game doesn't restrict you to a server due to region as far as I know.

Wooze posted:

So now there's two Lost Islands when I barely managed to grind the one.

What do you guys think would be smarter: to max out Krut's skills or go straight for the new hero, from a power standpoint? Bear in mind I can barely clear Krut 2 by myself and from the one run I tried Reina's funnel of death looks even grimmer.

Krut is still by far the most broken hero in the game. You still have a couple of days to farm as many Krut genes as possible.

Reina has over 500+ hours left on her island, so you have plenty of time. Can't really say how good she is but she's definitely better than all the starting scissor heroes.

Iunnrais posted:

but my pubbie guild sucks rear end, even though it's filled to the brim with people fielding level 70 five star characters.

So this is pretty important: levels no longer matter once you hit 5*. The difference between a level 1 5* and a level 70 5* is insignificant. The point of hitting 5* is to unlock the last set of gear slots and after that it's all about gear optimization. If you don't optimize your gear, you will not do well late game.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jul 15, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Somefool posted:

I think you should edit the OP to tell everyone who plays to go to the Global Server. Since there are no actual player interactions aside from chat, playing on other servers won't handicap you at all as far as I know. I played on the Korean server for a bit before and I noticed no difference aside from the language differences in chat.

This game doesn't restrict you to a server due to region as far as I know.

Excellent idea. Done.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

There is a major difference between Korean and the other servers, and that's that the Korean server has a really absurd number of whales. Unless you whale the gently caress out, you're going to get nowhere near the top 1%, let alone the top 50 or 10.

Reina information: Her stats and abilities are good, but not Krut/Rai good. I'm going to take my time leveling her, so I'll probably be done early next week or so.

Given that, I find it unlikely her package is worth it for most people, so unless you wanna whale out a little, or have a dearth of 3 star sets, or really want that costume, I wouldn't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Koreans might be whales but they do some really funky stuff now and then.

I mean where else would you see a counter build Henry with 400% counter damage and that's not even the dungeon stat. :v:

edit:

Never mind that. Apparently it's an all shield build so into the trash it goes.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jul 15, 2016

• Locked thread