Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Crusader posted:

So out of all the Combiner Wars teams, which one holds up the best in combined form? Is there even a clear favorite? I really only have room for one unfortunately, and while Devastator seems to look the best, I don't want to just go for the green guy by default.

Brutcus without a doubt. Especially if you get the Perfect Effect hand/foot it for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bruticus is incredible.

I managed to snag a Fruiticus off amazon today. Time to buy two sets of PE addons. Black for both is probably the best call, yeah?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sockser posted:

Bruticus is incredible.

I managed to snag a Fruiticus off amazon today. Time to buy two sets of PE addons. Black for both is probably the best call, yeah?

The silver is a new design and looks very sleek. Go with that one for Bruticus and maybe snag a KO version and paint it black for the Fruticus

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Crusader posted:

So out of all the Combiner Wars teams, which one holds up the best in combined form? Is there even a clear favorite? I really only have room for one unfortunately, and while Devastator seems to look the best, I don't want to just go for the green guy by default.

Whatever you had as a kid and gives you warm fuzzies. They're all good. Devastator is much much bigger than the rest.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bruticus maybe, but Devastator is really good too.

So I was just going through some older TFs that I don't have on display and I took out DOTM Skids and Mudflap. I kinda pity-bought them at like 75% discount but playing with them again... jesus Christ these are some unbelievable piece of poo poo figures. I mean even IF you liked the character design these toys are awfully designed, and I happen to like a lot of DOTM toys. Seriously I felt like taking a hammer and smashing them, they're that terrible. Mudflap is a tiny bit more decent but motherfucking Skids doesn't even have knees unless you mistransform him. They're utter garbage.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blackheart posted:

Bruticus maybe, but Devastator is really good too.

So I was just going through some older TFs that I don't have on display and I took out DOTM Skids and Mudflap. I kinda pity-bought them at like 75% discount but playing with them again... jesus Christ these are some unbelievable piece of poo poo figures. I mean even IF you liked the character design these toys are awfully designed, and I happen to like a lot of DOTM toys. Seriously I felt like taking a hammer and smashing them, they're that terrible. Mudflap is a tiny bit more decent but motherfucking Skids doesn't even have knees unless you mistransform him. They're utter garbage.

The only version of Movie Skids & Mudflap I'd likely buy is that one version where they combine into an Ice Cream Truck, and mostly cause it's still one of the most unique Alt-Mode concepts the franchise has come up with

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

drrockso20 posted:

The only version of Movie Skids & Mudflap I'd likely buy is that one version where they combine into an Ice Cream Truck, and mostly cause it's still one of the most unique Alt-Mode concepts the franchise has come up with

Micromaster combiners did it first, and without the obnoxiousness.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Micromaster combiners did it first, and without the obnoxiousness racism.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Brutcus without a doubt.
Him or Defensor feel the best realized, definitely.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Crusader posted:

In combined form? Devastator and it's not even close. I find the big green guy to be boring and way too fixated on by the fandom but because he's not meant to be compatible with other combiners (and he costs a bit more) he's way better in combined mode.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Yep, I'll agree that Devastator is the best combiner overall, and Bruticus is the best of the "regular" guys.

But then Defensor is pretty much the same as Bruticus with different colors and a few different limbs, so if you have an Autobot preference he works too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

Yep, I'll agree that Devastator is the best combiner overall, and Bruticus is the best of the "regular" guys.

But then Defensor is pretty much the same as Bruticus with different colors and a few different limbs, so if you have an Autobot preference he works too.

They definitely did something to Onslaught's thighs that make him peg together better. Brute's capable of more dynamic posing because of it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Onslaught is a way more capable torso than Hot Spot. I can't manage to get Defensor to pose in a way that doesn't look clunky or dorky or anything

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

Bruticus/Defensor/Victorion is the best Scramble City combined to come out of Combiner Wars.

Sockser posted:

Yeah Onslaught is a way more capable torso than Hot Spot. I can't manage to get Defensor to pose in a way that doesn't look clunky or dorky or anything

They seem the same to me? Maybe I got lucky.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think Onslaught's torso mode pegs together better than Hot Spot.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
My Titan Returns Fort Max showed up yesterday. I think he's a big fat mess of meh to be honest. His legs are a pain in the rear end and feel very hollow. He's missing all the charm and little things that make the original so enjoyable. So much just feels wasted.

Cerebros is really the main highlight. He's a good figure. All in all, I wish I had saved my money honestly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They should remold Cerebros into Beast Machines Floating Head Megatron.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
To no-one's surprise, that Fortmax pre-order has sold out on TRU.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The MSJ posted:

They should remold Cerebros into Beast Machines Floating Head Megatron.

They probably shouldn't since I assume Hasbro and Takara want to make figures that will sell.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

They seem the same to me? Maybe I got lucky.

There's something about the chest/crotchplate and shoulders that just make his silhouette look way better and less clunky

And it's easier to turn his thighs 90 degrees

E:

Oh hey there's color shots of these add on kits now

I really like the Defensor kit, though it makes his head look tiny

The Bruticus kit.... I can't really tell if I like it or not

Sockser fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 13, 2016

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Is there a trick to getting TT Wheelie's legs to slot into those little tabs on his thigh area in vehicle mode? They don't seem to want to stay attached at all and it kind of ruins his alt mode. I really want to love this guy but between this and his floppy joints I'm leaning toward disappointed :(

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Apparently there's a TRU exclusive RID starscream? Zuh?

I hadn't heard about this. Looks ... Interesting?

Blackheart posted:

Are these warrior class? And one looks like a Scorponok repaint?
Yes. Paralon is a repaint with a new head.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 14, 2016

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Are these warrior class? And one looks like a Scorponok repaint?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Secht posted:

My Titan Returns Fort Max showed up yesterday. I think he's a big fat mess of meh to be honest. His legs are a pain in the rear end and feel very hollow. He's missing all the charm and little things that make the original so enjoyable. So much just feels wasted.

Cerebros is really the main highlight. He's a good figure. All in all, I wish I had saved my money honestly.

This is exactly why I'm skipping him. To me he just feels too much like Metroplex is playing pretend dress up in a half baked Fort Max costume.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys suck, I can't wait to get Fort Max.

Edit: ha HA! Waiting pays off, Diamond just put him up! Gonna run me just over $100.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 14, 2016

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Neato. Some huge shoulder kibble under the wings though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

So I guess he's prepared to shoulder the burdens of command

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The show is pretty bad but the toys are pretty great. Here's hoping WJ keeps their ko line going.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
poo poo Yeah! Got Wheelie, Rewind, and Stripes at Target today.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Blackheart posted:

What Starscream is this

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Veg posted:

What Starscream is this

TRU exclusive PRiD warrior class, apparently.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, sorry, it's the one Spiderdrake mentioned earlier. You can have the wings up G1ishly too.

I like a lot of the warrior class guys, I just feel they should cost a tiny bit less than a generations deluxe to feel worth it in a lot of cases.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I am at the Hilton Mississauga Meadowvale, 22 hours until TFCon

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I transformed a Scourge in Keith's hotel room today

Now I have Gammatron's QuadU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

strangehamster posted:

I am at the Hilton Mississauga Meadowvale, 22 hours until TFCon
Party on Wayne

:rock:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Spiderdrake posted:

I transformed a Scourge in Keith's hotel room today

Now I have Gammatron's QuadU

Glad he's gone to a good home

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Looks like another Prime is fighting another multi-headed dragon (probably Megatron again).

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

TheDK posted:

Party on Wayne

:rock:

I got a half-full Kia, party on Garth.

:effortless:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

When's the TFCon third-party panel? This is the con that generally has the big reveals right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
3rd party is at 4 tomorrow. Here is the full schedule: