Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
France can't catch a loving break. Someone drove a truck into a crowd of people out for Bastille Day.

Maybe gunfire? Maybe fireworks? Dozens dead, they think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

mlmp08 posted:

France can't catch a loving break. Someone drove a truck into a crowd of people out for Bastille Day.

Maybe gunfire? Maybe fireworks? Dozens dead, they think.

Eyewitness reports are saying the guy clearly gunned the truck through the crowd, also reports that armed men got out, also reports of a hostage situation.

You generally don't issue a shelter in place order for a car accident.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Two-Men-Fall-Down-Cliff-While-Playing-Pokemon-Go-386743551.html

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
gently caress

:nms:
https://twitter.com/NewsThisSecond/status/753708818119397377

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Looks like the gunfire may have been the cops shooting at the cab.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Did Islam do another terrorism?

https://twitter.com/DrewKkkkkk/status/753694532554858497?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I know this is an awful situation and I feel for those effected, but holy poo poo I can't stop laughing at "omg terrorist attack"

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 14, 2016

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Good lord, the screams and calls for help. :stare:

"Help my mother! Dear God, please help my mother!"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

ok so who wants to put bets on the french military response to this one

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

Mmmm I'd say GIGN in a Denny's

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
CNN has a picture of the box truck whoever it was used. There's 20+ bullet holes in the windscreen.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Third World Reggin posted:

a nicely worded request for C-17 assistance

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/753720404158640130

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/753707069916655617

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
CNN reports it as 60+ dead

also that hashtag is making me laugh for all the wrong reasons

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nice

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Jesus Christ.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

10 french trucks are being shipped to iraq right now

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Best Friends posted:

There was a NY times article about her looking at (which means her staff is intentionally floating the idea to see how people react) of a former NATO commander as VP.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/redirect?to-www=/2016/07/13/us/politics/james-stavridis-hillary-clinton-vice-president.amp.html

I looked up his Wikipedia and the big thing of note was he had an ethics investigation.

Great choice, good job.

Anyone know anything about him?

I had a couple interactions with him and he came off as being wicked loving smart. Didn't know/heard anything about an ethics investigation. Pretty much anyone I knew who dealt with him said he came off as a GO/Flag who wasn't a total utter prick and actually listened to the peons. So there's that piece of anec-data.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I always knew Al Jazeera supported terrorism: Nice: 60 Dead

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
.... and now up to 73

what the gently caress

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Jesus

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Honestly, ever since the Akihabara incident I've been wondering how long it was going to take for terrorists to start using vehicles as weapons. They're basically the perfect terror weapon.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ManMythLegend posted:

Honestly, ever since the Akihabara incident I've been wondering how long it was going to take for terrorists to start using vehicles as weapons. They're basically the perfect terror weapon.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
nice
E: apparently the driver was chasing a pickachu

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

stolen frmo gbs

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
truck was running over people for a 2km stretch :stare:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Best Friends posted:

There was a NY times article about her looking at (which means her staff is intentionally floating the idea to see how people react) of a former NATO commander as VP.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/redirect?to-www=/2016/07/13/us/politics/james-stavridis-hillary-clinton-vice-president.amp.html

I looked up his Wikipedia and the big thing of note was he had an ethics investigation.

Great choice, good job.

Stavridis isn't terrible. The ethics investigation was relatively small potatoes by SACEUR terms (he just flew his wife around with him on a couple of official trips in conjunction with some non-official business and may not have completely reimbursed the government the proper amount due to some clerical gently caress-ups on his voucher...he was ultimately cleared and it's not like he pulled a Ward and just bilked the government out of hundreds of thousands of dollars). By retired general standards he's not too much of a hawk, he's a big proponent of "smart power" and he's probably one of the most intelligent four-stars we've had in recent years. He was one of the first senior leaders in the military to fully embrace openly writing about military/professional poo poo on the internet, he's been heavily involved with USNI to try and increase the amount of military personnel who are reading/thinking/writing professionally. She could do worse.

VikingSkull posted:

a nicely worded request for C-17 assistance

don't forget the tankers too

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

truck was running over people for a 2km stretch :stare:

Maximum Overdrive 2: Islamic Bugaloo

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How much do you have to be shot Toulouse control of your car? Cops must have fired quite a bit after seeing the driver Renault those people. Cannes they be brought up for excessive force?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
That hashtag cracks me up.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Bridge Inspection: The Game

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Booblord Zagats posted:

Pokemon Go has got teenagers moving that fastest I've seen since Columbine

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

https://www.yahoo.com/news/leaked-proposal-us-offering-russia-military-pact-syria-075608701.html

This was unexpected

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

How much do you have to be shot Toulouse control of your car? Cops must have fired quite a bit after seeing the driver Renault those people. Cannes they be brought up for excessive force?

this joke stinks, Peugeot

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I love this and I love you

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its a good move imo

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

#nice

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Best Friends posted:

Great choice, good job.

Stavridis is pretty good. As was mentioned earlier his "ethics" thing wasn't really a big deal especially given how loving confusing travel regulations actually are. He's likeable, smart, reasonable, and was most assuredly the most qualified EUCOM we've had in a long, long time given he has a PhD in European History and Relations.

He was also SOUTHCOM and made his name there by restructuring the whole place. If you've heard the term "interagency" that was all the rage a few years ago you can thank him because that's how he built SOUTHCOM and proved it can work so he's got the chops to bust up government stovepipes and rice bowls which would be nice.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

ManMythLegend posted:

Stavridis is pretty good. As was mentioned earlier his "ethics" thing wasn't really a big deal especially given how loving confusing travel regulations actually are. He's likeable, smart, reasonable, and was most assuredly the most qualified EUCOM we've had in a long, long time given he has a PhD in European History and Relations.

He was also SOUTHCOM and made his name there by restructuring the whole place. If you've heard the term "interagency" that was all the rage a few years ago you can thank him because that's how he built SOUTHCOM and proved it can work so he's got the chops to bust up government stovepipes and rice bowls which would be nice.

Is that sort of thing within the range of what a VP might credibly attempt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I wonder if ISIS is putting the pedal to the metal on terrorists attacks* in order to get Trump burning rubber in the polls, because that's the highest-torque means for ISIS to shoot out America's engine block.

*That #Nice truck massacre isn't yet attributed to ISIS or anyone

• Locked thread