Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Just chill for a week and play pokemon, see how the dust settles if it's getting you irate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Can we run another T7 raid tonight for the peeps that missed out?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

Can we run another T7 raid tonight for the peeps that missed out?

If there's enough demand, sure. However, I really want us to start limiting ourselves to 10% (I'm very guilty of not doing this before this next raid), so that the raid actually lasts for a long time. Get some hits in, then back out.

Also, if you get top 5, it would be kind of you to do very little damage in the next raid so that others can get those best rewards (unless we get to the next day and the raid isn't done).

Yeah, whatever, I'll start a raid. Just please don't overdo the damage.

Ground rules.

Try to limit yourself to 10%

Free for all after 12 hours. Since I'm starting this raid at weird hours (for those that missed the first one), I'm going to say 9am pacific is free for all. That's our normal raid start time.

P.S. Until 9am, my damage won't be above 1588.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 14, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

cowofwar posted:

Just chill for a week and play pokemon, see how the dust settles if it's getting you irate.

Thank God I mainly play this game like it's Pokemon and just collect all the heroes.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I now have a 226 speed Leia, sure, loving whatever.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

I now have a 226 speed Leia, sure, loving whatever.

238 speed Rey.

I am looking forward to a super fast, super damage Leia though. She's on my list...I just need 1.5 million for her stars, then like 2 million for mods?

gently caress....

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't have enough mods to fully kit out Leia yet and she's only 6*, but she tends to get a turn for every three characters and is doing somewhere between 2k (lmao) to 30k damage per attack. She's not on the same level as my Rey, but my Rey is at 7* and all level 15 mods.

I guess for now my rebel team is indefinitely on hold since my Old Ben/ST Han team is so idiotic now in front of those two.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

I don't have enough mods to fully kit out Leia yet and she's only 6*, but she tends to get a turn for every three characters and is doing somewhere between 2k (lmao) to 30k damage per attack. She's not on the same level as my Rey, but my Rey is at 7* and all level 15 mods.

I guess for now my rebel team is indefinitely on hold since my Old Ben/ST Han team is so idiotic now in front of those two.

Nah, Old Ben leading STH is still ridiculously scary, especially now that there are scary mods. I'd highly recommend a speed mod on Ben (not speed set, and only the top right corner one can have speed as primary) and STH, and then they taunt and debuff so fast that your Rey/Leia/QGJ/whoever get a ton of turns while your opponents hits STH. If they try to stop this by attacking STH, there's a decent dodge chance, which just makes this happen even faster. It's a combo that I'm actually still a bit scared to attack, especially if STH has mods.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
They nerfed Teebo pretty hard. They claimed to just be normalizing everyone potency, but I wen 2/14 on TM down on the captain in the t7 raid. This is all sorts of bullshit, and has me very, very tempted to get a refund from Apple for this game. I'm giving them a day or two to fix things, but if they are going to undo all the work and money I put into being able to do things like p1 of raids, I am out.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Yeah, looks like they only normalized potency and tenacity for players, and rancor old rating of 100 or so tenacity became 100%, while all character potency ratings dropped by 75% or so. Teebo went from 80 rating to 20%. There was something about this in the patch notes, but they, and this is a huge shocker, obviously hosed up with regards to raids.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Whatever, raid is easy sauce now with mods so teebo and p1 bullshit is done.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So their fixes so far are to just make poo poo even more difficult?

I hit 90/100 on FOTP today and :toxx: I will quit this game if I bring him to 7 star before they actually make this poo poo bearable again. PVP and GW are absolute nightmares now.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The ultra whales are not too happy either

The thread has been deleted within minutes.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Deleted? Welp they're hosed.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Well, now that I've spent all my credits on updating mods, I guess I can go back to the regular cantina. I couldn't afford to upgrade more mods even if I got them.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

If there's enough demand, sure. However, I really want us to start limiting ourselves to 10% (I'm very guilty of not doing this before this next raid), so that the raid actually lasts for a long time. Get some hits in, then back out.

Also, if you get top 5, it would be kind of you to do very little damage in the next raid so that others can get those best rewards (unless we get to the next day and the raid isn't done).

Ground rules.

Free for all after 12 hours. Since I'm starting this raid at weird hours (for those that missed the first one), I'm going to say 9am pacific is free for all. That's our normal raid start time.

Lucky me unless I have good luck I always do about 250k lol. Also thank you Mal and the other IGD's for the gear, I have 3 toons waiting on sets of 50 of those fuckers just so they can get protection.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Ularg posted:

Deleted? Welp they're hosed.

Well honestly threads directly calling out devs, even profanity free, are usually deleted on most official game forums. Still, more bad PR for them...

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

Ground rules.

If the majority of players are in one time zone, and the problem is that it's dying before the rest of the players even get a chance at it, wouldn't it be better to start all raids outside of convenient times for the major time zone group? Then the minority get to take their swings, but won't kill it because there aren't enough to dogpile it, and when the convenient o'clock comes around for the majority they can still do their thing.

(This all presumes that P1 isn't an issue any more thanks to mods, like someone said below)

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Everyone that cares should just put their online window and time zone in the Google sheet. Like I am online 07:00-22:00 EDT.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 15, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Fenris13 posted:

They also incerased the cost to level them significantly, from an average of 250k to over 400k for 5 pips.

I thought I read somewhere they said the cost would not be increased? This is un-loving-believable

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Dr. Venture posted:

I thought I read somewhere they said the cost would not be increased? This is un-loving-believable

The cost to fully level a tier 5 mod is now between 400k and 600k depending on... i dunno what really I didnt realize that mods had variable XP gain. I am very glad I spent their 'forgive us' crystals on another cantina refresh and dropped all my credits into Tier5 mods before this patch. I feel like one of those precrafters must have felt, except probably even more powerful.

I got a speed arrow mod like Malgrin so my Rey is a 38k protection 4000 offense 220 speed obliterator. She takes 2 turns before the rancor gets to go. In Arena she 1 shots unmodded characters. With mods my arena team is at 33k power (from 30.9k premod) and I bodied a 38.5k droid team because they didnt have any mods. 38k power arena team without mods is like all Gear10+ and I don't think Rey even took any damage during the fight????

I'm like :confused:

This is just such a huge rear end disaster. The amount of credits you need to do anything have increased roughly 3x. Your sources for credits have decreased by up to half (depending on if you get mod teams in Gw or not and can't finish it). They hosed up the raid strategically since the tenacity of the raid bosses is much higher than potency prepatch, so now all you can do really is brute force it with your mod teams. I mean, I guess you could get potency mods but good luck with the random tier3-tier5 RNG stat 40% drop rate on scarce energy

In the past month they have just nuked this game from orbit!!!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

It's actually a problem with IGD that we need to fix.

So, IGD people, we need a solution to this whole killing T7 raids too fast thing. I don't know what it is. Maybe each person needs to limit themselves to 10%, then try to escape/die? I really want these raids to last longer than 3 hours, because otherwise it isn't fair. We have people from a bunch of different time zones and work schedules, so while 9AM Pacific seems to be a good time for most people, obviously not everyone is going to get on within an hour or two.

I'm very open to suggestions.

e: Also, if you haven't participated in this raid, please get in. Also, don't do damage (at least not much). Bring a lovely comp and go in there and die. You'll get on the leaderboard with 0 damage.

Wait a week for a raid rebalancing patch that expects Mods or a new raid to spend points on?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Just lay back and enjoy the show. Detach a bit from having to win.

HeadHunter Joe
Oct 14, 2006
I agree, everyone gather round and warm your hands around the dumpster fire. Enjoy the show the fire will eventually burn out and we can wait for the next time they light it.

Also don't give them any more money cause wtf are they thinking.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Someone said it earlier, but it really is starting to feel like we've bumbled into some Disney marketing experiment to see just how much poo poo people who like Star Wars will swallow before they quit playing and/or shelling out money.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HeadHunter Joe posted:

I agree, everyone gather round and warm your hands around the dumpster fire. Enjoy the show the fire will eventually burn out and we can wait for the next time they light it.

Also don't give them any more money cause wtf are they thinking.

earlier today i was like "maybe i should buy some crystals to sim as many mod challenges as i can before they patch it" but NO, bad squid, do not give money to EA for loving their game up

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Tabs account may be lost, help her alt(possibly soon to be main). Please add her 985-817-128 so she can destroy the shard that she in on(highest level is 27 on the server)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

between mods not dropping from every fight now and them dropping 3* in the 16 energy battle, man i don't know. i need more 5* mods but spending 190 energy or so and getting three total mods, and two of them are 3*, that was brutal.

especially since doing my three daily cantina battles got me 3 aayla shards. is she worth farming? she looks fun.

edit: ^ i added this person. i guess i need to start setting up my Rey or Leia as my loaner. which would y'all rather have?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Farming mods from battles also seems kinda pointless since 6* and 7* drop from raids. At this point I'm just going to do them for the achievements.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
QGJ has 26 active people.

:negative:

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Dr. Venture posted:

QGJ has 26 active people.

:negative:

Yeah, t6 is going really slow, slower than premod because of lack of participation. How many 60+ active people are in gga? Maybe we should merge the two guilds and send all the non active or once a week goons into gga.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Oh poo poo more Jawas! Gotta catch em all...

Tabenya
Mar 30, 2016

rabidsquid posted:

between mods not dropping from every fight now and them dropping 3* in the 16 energy battle, man i don't know. i need more 5* mods but spending 190 energy or so and getting three total mods, and two of them are 3*, that was brutal.

especially since doing my three daily cantina battles got me 3 aayla shards. is she worth farming? she looks fun.

edit: ^ i added this person. i guess i need to start setting up my Rey or Leia as my loaner. which would y'all rather have?

Even though Rey doesn't have a leader ability, I do like the amount of damage she can hand out. Although Leia also has her nice advantages with adding crit for everyone.
Kidding, I am not picky. I have gone from level 2 after the tutorial to 25 already. On the other hand I am still upset that EA can't seem to link up the guest accounts to a google play account, have to see what they'll do from here.

Also, thank you for adding as an ally. At some point I am going to be useful again in this game... I hope.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Hot drat watching tab play on kiddie server while I am on the beta/release server is such a amazing difference. My server is a giant flock of whales, he'll half that guild making noise is on my shard. You don't see non whale teams unless your below like 3500 in arena.

Her server, the biggest fish I could see had spent maybe $20 on a chromium pack. All low stars, he'll spot 250somthing is a single jedi consular who is level 25 and like g3 2stars. If mods don't kill this game is may start a alt to see just how much knowing what I know now gives me a advantage.

Quick question ftp rebel teams so Leia, akbar, luke, Biggs, + who? And or is there a better not impossible to grind combo?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

Quick question ftp rebel teams so Leia, akbar, luke, Biggs, + who? And or is there a better not impossible to grind combo?

Leia, Lando, Ackbar, STHan, Hoth Scout/Luke (but scout is better). Biggs if you really want mostly rebels, he is not too great however.

3 of them come from arena though.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

The ultra whales are not too happy either

The thread has been deleted within minutes.

WA EAjessie had them undelete that post and left it open for debate. They are in full damage control mode now so if your thinking of quiting I would say wait a few days or just check back in the thread in about a week.

They are so massively in damage control mode right now I wonder if they all watched as they made a intern actually play the game. Mods are pretty much going to get a jumbo sized nerf or have it so certain types of toons can only use certain types of mods.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

xyigx posted:

Hot drat watching tab play on kiddie server while I am on the beta/release server is such a amazing difference. My server is a giant flock of whales, he'll half that guild making noise is on my shard. You don't see non whale teams unless your below like 3500 in arena.

Her server, the biggest fish I could see had spent maybe $20 on a chromium pack. All low stars, he'll spot 250somthing is a single jedi consular who is level 25 and like g3 2stars. If mods don't kill this game is may start a alt to see just how much knowing what I know now gives me a advantage.

You can FTP old ben(cantina battles) STH(arena) Leia (arena) Lumi(GW) Rey from hard modes/guild shipments why not just do that? That's my ftp rebel team.

MY STH + LEIA + OB are all 6* on thier way up lumi/rey 7* takes some time sure but the team is #winning.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

xyigx posted:

have it so certain types of toons can only use certain types of mods.

How could they possibly do this retroactively? Just strip everyone's mods and start over?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't know what they are going to do but they have to do something and fast, releasing such a disastrous patch in the same week as Pokemon Go is like, suicidal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I just downloaded whatever patch allows me to use mods this morning, and I'm auto running the mod levels. I've run out of guild allies and been relegated to using random pubbies. I love how some of these clowns have Lvl 70, Gear 1, IG-100 as their top character.