Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Systematic System posted:

You don't lose access to the class-exclusive weapons, even if you haven't made them yet, if you change classes.

To add on to this, if you've been doing side stories and opening locked treasure chests in dungeons after chapter 4, you'll have more than enough Master Seals to change everyone's class twice. I've already done so and have several left over right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Two questions.

1) Where is the arena? I heard it opened after chapter 2, but I don't know where to look for it.

2) How do I get more keys for locked chests?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Arena is in the Harajuku idolasphere. The entrance to said idolasphere is towards the back, near the shrine.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Prism posted:

Two questions.

1) Where is the arena? I heard it opened after chapter 2, but I don't know where to look for it.

2) How do I get more keys for locked chests?

You find treasure keys in unlocked chests and from doing the Lucky Spot sidequests.

The arena is the great big Idolasphere entrance in Harajuku, it's pretty hard to miss.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Regy Rusty posted:

You find treasure keys in unlocked chests and from doing the Lucky Spot sidequests.

The arena is the great big Idolasphere entrance in Harajuku, it's pretty hard to miss.

I uhh... missed it.

Like it just dawned on me there was an Idolasphere entrance there, but I figured the game would eventually push me there. I just didn't go there on my own volition.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Regy Rusty posted:

I've found the arena. Thanks!

I've gotten really few keys though, which is why I asked. Are those really the only sources? Hopefully I never need many...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Prism posted:

I've gotten really few keys though, which is why I asked. Are those really the only sources? Hopefully I never need many...

Yeah those are the only sources. I think there are probably exactly enough keys to open all locked boxes. HOWEVER there's also a locktouch skill that you can get as early as this chapter in theory if you're willing to grind Detritus. I got it without grinding during Chapter 5.

willing to settle
Apr 13, 2011

Prism posted:

If you turn in enough detritus in the arena it starts a request that makes keys unnecessary.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah those are the only sources. I think there are probably exactly enough keys to open all locked boxes. HOWEVER there's also a locktouch skill that you can get as early as this chapter in theory if you're willing to grind Detritus. I got it without grinding during Chapter 5.

The sidequest does make you fight enemies appropriate to chapter 5 though, regardless of what chapter you're actually on.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Eopia posted:

The sidequest does make you fight enemies appropriate to chapter 5 though, regardless of what chapter you're actually on.

Oh yeah I forgot that part

I never had a problem with treasure keys anyway really

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How does the arena actually work? The guy gave a cursory explanation the first time but now his only dialogue options are difficulty of fights, nothing to rehear the explanation.

In particular:
Are the fights tuned to my level or to the chapter I'm in?
Do I have to spend the points anywhere or are the automatic rewards all there are?
Do you get more points for chaining multiple fights together? (I keep backing out because I've mastered weapons)
What's up with the arena guy having a request icon over his head when he doesn't actually give me a request?

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

How does the arena actually work? The guy gave a cursory explanation the first time but now his only dialogue options are difficulty of fights, nothing to rehear the explanation.

In particular:
Are the fights tuned to my level or to the chapter I'm in?
Do you get more points for chaining multiple fights together? (I keep backing out because I've mastered weapons)
What's up with the arena guy having a request icon over his head when he doesn't actually give me a request?

The fights are fixed in difficulty, its just whatever level you pick.

Each time you do an encore you double (triple?) your ACs for that run, and you can do two encores.

Try talking to him from behind, opposite of the entrance.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You always want to do both encores because the 2x tripled reward is pitiful enough as it is

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

For the Arena combat itself, everytime you defeat all enemies of an "encounter" any party member that hasn't had their turn at combat end gets to participate in a pre-emptive round when the next combat encounter starts. Sometimes it's actually better to set it up that 1 or 2 party members get to do that (especially against those stupid archer dudes)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Im assuming the final arena NPC is in the final dungeon, right?

Also, whoo boy, Strike a Pose + Tarukaja stone is potent, especially if Touma uses charge and full throttle :black101:

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Knowing that there is a NG+ Ultra Hard mode, is there any point to playing it through on Hard difficulty? Aside from the +20% XP?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

PJOmega posted:

Knowing that there is a NG+ Ultra Hard mode, is there any point to playing it through on Hard difficulty? Aside from the +20% XP?

It's fun.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Did anyone actually use the special move they gave you for the final boss, because I don't really see why I'd use a 2 SP stall over Strike a Pose, or two 1 SP moves. People only mostly died to the boss's aoe attacks on hard. :v:

Also, is there a full list of stuff exclusive to NG+?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Why is this game so stylish?

Why is Black Rain stuck in my head?

(I actually like a ton of the music in this game but Yashiro's is the catchiest imo)

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Strange Quark posted:

Did anyone actually use the special move they gave you for the final boss, because I don't really see why I'd use a 2 SP stall over Strike a Pose, or two 1 SP moves. People only mostly died to the boss's aoe attacks on hard. :v:

Also, is there a full list of stuff exclusive to NG+?

I used it first round which was an incredible waste. I would have liked to have used it for Dies Irae, but I'm not sure you can predict its cast.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Sooooo does the advanced arena course only give out half the coins you'd normally be getting?

Twilkitri
Feb 23, 2013
Shouldn't there be a soundtrack out for this by now? I can only find vocal selections/collections.

Way more often than preferably I only get to big RPGs years after the fact, so maybe I just have false impressions of how long it normally takes?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

FE Fates only got it's soundtrack a few months ago, the game having been released in Japan June 2015. It takes a bit, yeah.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
It came out in December, so it's actually been even less time

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Nondevor posted:

Why is this game so stylish?

Why is Black Rain stuck in my head?

(I actually like a ton of the music in this game but Yashiro's is the catchiest imo)

Dream*Catcher is the best

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Barry Goodman's voice actor also voices "Karamatsu" from the popular anime Osomatsu

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm a karamatsu boy

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
So is the game good? Should I buy it now or wait for a price drop?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Buy the game

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Arrrthritis posted:

it's an amazing game

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Arrrthritis posted:

It's the most fun I've had with a JRPG since a Trails game, for what that's worth. Totally worth full price IMO.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think it's a great game that kind of starts to peter out near the end. The combat system is fantastic but by the end of the game I didn't really feel like my characters were getting that much stronger and turns would take a stupidly long amount of time just to play out the same exact animations over and over again.

It's a good thing it ended when it did because if there was another chapter or anything I probably would of dropped it for who knows how long.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
This game is hilarious and the combat's really fun! I'm not even done with the game yet and I already want a sequel (that we probably won't get). If you're on the fence, definitely get it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Arrrthritis posted:

what price drop, it's a Wii U game

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think it's a great game that kind of starts to peter out near the end. The combat system is fantastic but by the end of the game I didn't really feel like my characters were getting that much stronger and turns would take a stupidly long amount of time just to play out the same exact animations over and over again.

It's a good thing it ended when it did because if there was another chapter or anything I probably would of dropped it for who knows how long.

I felt a little differently at the end - the game spends so much time just adding to your power level, which is great, but I was glad the final chapter finally gave me some time to catch up to all my options. Granted, I did *everything* the game will let you do on a first playthrough and never got tired of the session attacks, so ymmv.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Arrrthritis posted:

It's great, and if the lack of English dub bothers you, you can turn the voice acting completely off. This does not affect cutscenes or singing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
so is there ever a time to use the +1 weapons? I feel like I've always got the ability to make a new weapon by the time I max out my current one

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The upgraded weapons have bonus skills, so if you want them you should equip those first.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

If you absolutely have nothing else you can work on or a +1 weapon has a skill you want, like, say, an early way to get Pierce on Itsuki, then that's when you want to grind out +1 skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh man that final boss is garbage

• Locked thread