Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Josuke Higashikata posted:

- Why is Josuke "Jousuke" when Joshuu and Jobin have no u, while Kuujou has 2 extras. Why isn't it Kaatou and Ha(a)tou?

Is this an actual question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
juoutuaauruou kuuujuou

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

juoutuaauruou kuuujuou

He will never get out of that cell without the help of my Arabic friend, Abudourou Mouhamado

EDIT: Everyone knows the canonical correct way of spelling Josefumi's name anyway

Forktoss fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 14, 2016

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I have no taste and will openly admit to liking both Doppio AND Diavolo, but a lot of that comes from me liking basically everything about Diavolo's design. Is he wearing a mesh shirt, or is it a tattoo? Does his hair have spots in it naturally, or did he dye those in? How come the spots go away when he turns into Doppio? Does he zig-zag his part on purpose, or does it just fall that way? How does he put on all that eyeliner as he's taking off his turtleneck? These are the real mysteries behind Vento Aureo.

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

juoutuaauruou kuuujuou

got a naming so complicated!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

CuddlyZombie posted:

Just finished SBR and started Jojolion. This poo poo is gonna be Too Hot For TV

Wait, really? It doesn't grant him extra luck? That's pretty funny.

One of the running themes in SBR is that in this universe there is no luck or fate that can be relied on to drive events. Valentine is fated to win, but Johnny has the power to transcend and control "gravity" so he ends up winning. This is a big departure especially after part 6 is basically all about fate and gravity and prophecies and whatnot.

So the winner of the race made his own luck, his stand just gave him the confidence to take the right actions.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Naerasa posted:

I have no taste and will openly admit to liking both Doppio AND Diavolo, but a lot of that comes from me liking basically everything about Diavolo's design. Is he wearing a mesh shirt, or is it a tattoo? Does his hair have spots in it naturally, or did he dye those in? How come the spots go away when he turns into Doppio? Does he zig-zag his part on purpose, or does it just fall that way? How does he put on all that eyeliner as he's taking off his turtleneck? These are the real mysteries behind Vento Aureo.
Yeah, I like his design too. I also like the idea of a guy who just really really wants to erase his past to the point that the one we got for him makes no real sense.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Naerasa posted:

This is also where I stand on Diavolo. He's clearly a lot of things Araki took from a fashion magazine and blended together and he looks so so silly and I wish I could pull that look off, he's great.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I liked basically all of the passione crew more after the re translation so I'm looking forward to experience Diavolo anew

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Doppio sweettalks himself over ice cream cone telephone and I respect that.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

no they will not posted:

part 5 does set up my least favourite thing from part 6 aka my least favourite thing from all jojos

Are you referring to Dio's sons or to [G R A V I T Y]?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

Yeah, Part 6 me was almost unreadable for me in black and white. There are some instances where they'll go wild with putting different words in different colors in the same speech bubble, but other than that, I usually prefer color.

JJCA just re-released all of Part 6 in color again and they've apparently been re-working on it for like a year, but I'm not sure what they changed?

I thought it was to fix some of the issues with font/ color, actually? Hmm. Stone Ocean just doesn't do a lot for me, period, so I confess that it matters less. Pucci isn't a bad villain but he's probably the least interesting to me, personally. I think I like even Diavolo more because of Doppio.

The jojolion translation is generally fine for me; he probably does need an editor but he'll never accept that help so it is what it is, I suppose. Maybe it's a tone thing? He does a great job with several other things he translates but maybe jojolion can get a little wooden at times. Don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth there, though, so that's about as much as I'll say since I appreciate his work (not that critique = lack of appreciation, of course).

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Silver2195 posted:

Dio's sons might be my least favorite part of all eight parts put together

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Naerasa posted:

Dio's sons might be my least favorite part of all eight parts put together

Bohemian Rhapsody is the most amazing stand ever

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I'm referring to when the narration says "wondering why giorno wasn't drawn to the us if the rest of DIOs sons were? well, maybe he was, and hes just slightly out of frame in every panel"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

no they will not posted:

I'm referring to when the narration says "wondering why giorno wasn't drawn to the us if the rest of DIOs sons were? well, maybe he was, and hes just slightly out of frame in every panel"

I always assumed he was just having a blast with the gang over at Disney World, perhaps somehow Gold Experience Requiem could be used to cut the lines.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
He was busy fighting the king of the pirates.

Or he misinterpreted the directions and ended up at Euro-Disney.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/medicos_et/status/753771277777723392

:allears:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Yes, I will take Gold Band Rohan

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Finally the king of manga has a golden crown

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Baal posted:

I like King Crimson's design and the power is cool, but it should not be like super strong and able to punch through people. That's loving insane.

Araki could put King Crimson's double faces on Tusk Act 1's body and I would believe it could punch through people like overripe melons.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Good job Rohan, you colored over your Burger King crown with sparkly gold markers, idiot.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

standard owl posted:

Araki could put King Crimson's double faces on Tusk Act 1's body and I would believe it could punch through people like overripe melons.

Yeah, King Crimson's design totally sells me on it being able to tear people apart like wet tissue paper.

It's just so angry.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
King Crimson is the most intimidating Stand design, that thing is a goddamn monster, I love it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

no they will not posted:

he got on a flight to go to Florida but joseph was also on the same flight so he never made it there

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I just assume Giorno's RESOLVE allowed him to continue doing whatever he wants, as opposed to his half-brothers who are lacking in confidence, luck and intelligence, and were easily influenced.

Just an idea but hey

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope to one day see the ending to stone ocean animated if only for these 3 pages

So good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Stone Free's broken sunglasses flying off goddamn.....

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Bohemian Rhapsody is the most amazing stand ever

Yeah but it would have been a hundred times better if they had given it to some dude who worked for Pucci and didn't happen to be DIOs son.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Stone Free's broken sunglasses flying off goddamn.....

It's so good, and really fitting for someone like Jolyne to get such a bombastic end whereas someone like Jonathan gets something more subdued and Pyrrhic

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

It's so good, and really fitting for someone like Jolyne to get such a bombastic end whereas someone like Jonathan gets something more subdued and Pyrrhic
Both of them also fail to actually defeat their enemies in a straight up fight, but still protect the one who does go on to finish the fight (Erina with baby Lisa Lisa and George/Emporio with the Weather Report disc)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like part 6's ending a fair bit because in a series where the main protagonists are fated to be involved in hazardous situations and saving the world the only real way for them to escape all of that and live normal, carefree lives is for them to basically be written out of that protagonist role

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope to one day see the ending to stone ocean animated if only for these 3 pages

So good

If they don't either license or cover What A Wonderful World for the last episode, I will be disappointed.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That's really cool, but then we go to Johnny who maaaaaay have gotten the worst hand that a Joestar ever got dealt.

e: This is like a real weird way to compartmentalize JoJo, but with Parts 1-3 and 4-6 being like, their own trilogies of sorts, I wonder of Part 7-9 are gonna keep some kinda throughline

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 15, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think johnny would be proud of his weird fruit empire family and assorted outliers if he knew of them. he got to live a very bizarre and adventurous life that hopefully didn't somehow create a generations-long nemesis for his family for years to come.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And I think to myself...

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: STONE OCEAN

What a wonderfuuuuuuul...

THE END

woooooooorld~

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

diavolo i have such a raging clue right now

and yeah my big problem with Part 6 is still the whole "the world gets hosed lol gently caress you part 4/5 nothing that happened in you actually mattered in any way", but we've been over this like 600 times so who cares, also part 7/8 are baller as hell.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Moltrey posted:

That's really cool, but then we go to Johnny who maaaaaay have gotten the worst hand that a Joestar ever got dealt.

He was a rich playboy that was good at what he did, his hand was amazing. He just hosed it up.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if nothing else pucci still isn't a super interesting villain. diavolo/doppio are really good, and it still shows even despite the poo poo translation. hopefully the new one will make them even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dias posted:

He was a rich playboy that was good at what he did, his hand was amazing. He just hosed it up.
Johnny's father always favored his older brother, Johnny's old pet (maybe) got his brother killed. Once Johnny finally starts to come into his own as a person, his father admits he always thought God took the wrong son, and a minor event that spiraled out while trying to actually enjoy his life with his girlfriend cost him his legs. Even after he kills the president who could transfer between dimensions, loses his best friend . gets the use of his legs back, gets his father's love, gets a lotta money, a wife, a son, he still dies next to a tree with his head caved in to protect his loved ones at age 29.

Johnny had a rough life

Jolyne also had a tough loving go of it, for sure, but she was always fighting for one thing. Johnny's life was a roller coaster of hope giving into despair, becoming almost a tragedy.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 15, 2016