Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ey-general.aspx

quote:

The game, which was originally due in November 2014, is still in Alpha. The road forward is murky.

Ehh the game is clearly in pre-alpha, do they don't know anything about game development over there?

catte snype from a better game.

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

quote:

If you are going to make an account, please use my friends and Org-mates code. STAR-XVY5-D2MV

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

"...by actors like Mark Hammil, Garry Oldman, Gillian Anderson and Sandi Gardener."

One of these does not belong.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

MedicineHut posted:

I don´t think he is a coward. As Toast, he really is probably not at liberty of discussing it too much in depth in the open anyways. Either that or whatever he is going to post next on the matter has required to undergo a thorough filter at CIG first, which also takes time anyways. Either way I am pretty sure he is also busy preparing for the implications all this may have in the future for CIG.

Just give the poor guy some slack, will ya! :argh:

I wonder if he has to approve all of his posts through Sandi. Are they during Santa Monica business hours?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

"...by actors like Mark Hammil, Garry Oldman, Gillian Anderson and Sandi Gardener."

That's exactly how far I made it.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

:cool:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

no_recall posted:

You clearly don't understand game development.

…in fact, I'm surprised Kickstarter hasn't managed to get themselves into hot water over this yet, but I suppose they can slither out of it by being a brokerage rather than a regular part of the transaction. :v:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

:itsananalogy:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Gary Oldman, since he quit the project :v:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Cry 'Refund!', and let slip the alts of Smart

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Is it Gillian Anderson for being a talented actress?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Xaerael posted:

Is it Gillian Anderson for being a talented actress?

No, it's her because her name was spelt correctly :spergin:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

So roughly 100 refunds / month back then. Most refunds might be between 200 to 1k $. So talking totally out of my rear end 50k $ refunds a month. Still 600k per year. That could have been 4 more developers working on SC! drat leavers :argh:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:gary:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

So roughly 100 refunds / month back then. Most refunds might be between 200 to 1k $. So talking totally out of my rear end 50k $ refunds a month. Still 600k per year. That could have been 4 more developers working on SC! drat leavers :argh:

I think that per the truthful and factual calculations of the RSI citizens, it's actually on average 10 more developers. :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Oh Lethality, whatever would you know about ignoring us?

Also Dork Slurp lol, wish I'd come up with that one

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

It's me I'm Dork Slurp

Sandweed posted:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ey-general.aspx

Ehh the game is clearly in pre-alpha, do they don't know anything about game development over there?

catte snype from a better game.

Its a true alpha not like those fake big publisher alphas :smuggo:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Oh Lethality, whatever would you know about ignoring us?

Also Dork Slurp lol, wish I'd come up with that one

Sounds like a freaky soft drink. I'd take a hot dog combo with fires, and a ice cold dork slurpy. Yeah. God bless.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

:argh: :argh: :argh: STOP IGNORING ME! I HATE THAT! :argh: :argh: :argh:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

:argh: :argh: :argh: STOP IGNORING ME! I HATE THAT! :argh: :argh: :argh:

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/752929587831644161

LOL

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

He clearly doesn't understand how ignorance works

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
I thought he just ignored goons because "they hate that"

E: beaten EE: actually I didn't even read the post correctly in the first place :dur:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Cloud Imperium Games refunds Star Citizen backer $2,500 after terms of service squabble

quote:

Developer and player clash over statement that ‘pledge amounts applied shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not RSI is able to complete and deliver the game’

Star Citizen creator Cloud Imperium Games has returned almost $3,000 to one of its crowdfunders after US authorities became embroiled in a battle over the game’s terms of service agreement.
CIG released a statement explaining that it was not legally required to refund Streetroller, but had granted the return as a goodwill gesture.

“Having reviewed complainants interactions with our customer service agents, we have determined that it is also in our interests to terminate his participation in our fundraising community,” it said. “We are therefore agreeing to close complainant’s account permanently and we will issue a refund of his pledge promptly.”

Hell of a nice "goodwill gesture" CIG, you've finally pleased somebody by delivering something.

Star Citizen backer contacts California Attorney General for $2,500 refund

quote:

This isn’t the first time that Star Citizen backers have been frustrated with how long it has taken the game to come out. In June 2014, developer Chris Roberts said he was frustrated by Star Citizen scam accusations. Then in July 2015, over a quarter of backers said that a publicly available-refund option should be available.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SQ42 will bring in 1% sales

1% of the world

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
It's good for bitcoin that they have less than half the users they implied they had. That means there's more potential users still out there.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Samizdata posted:

How am I ALWAYS missing the updates on this stuff?

Last I heard was that it was "Ben is fat. LOL."

Don't forget the super secret hand signal for face to face meetings *waves hands like chris*

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Disgruntled Star Citizen player gets $2500 refund

Which one of you wrote this :v:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
That is the article i wanted to read, examining the ridiculous language cig uses in its legalese.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Pulitzer price, right there.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

For a moment I though their favicon is :pgabz:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
http://www.develop-online.net/news/cloud-imperium-games-refunds-star-citizen-backer-2-500-after-terms-of-service-squabble/0222263

ee: totally missed AP's post

e: a fitting epitaph

his nibs fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 15, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

no_recall posted:

Star Citizen : There's always MoMa, its always 'verse.

gently caress

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4sygnh/late_to_the_party/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4syiz5/im_new_i_think_i_get_this_game_but_help_me_out/

I think Tarkaroshe's Shill Cheque came in :allears:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

I think Tarkaroshe's Shill Cheque came in :allears:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/tarkaroshe

lol @ everything today.

I'd forgotten all about this.

https://www.change.org/p/derek-smart-derek-smart-does-not-represent-the-star-citizen-community/c

It's like the comment threads on the gaming news sites, without all the boring people stuck in this reality.

AP fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 15, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

shitzens who worry that cig will go bankrupt if people stop supporting them are so close to realizing the truth, yet so far

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Man it's nice to see that Streetrollers refund adventure not only led to him getting his refund, but made the gaming press blow up with stories about it. Hopefully this will lead to more people seeking refunds, now that they know CIG will falter under any legal pressure even in the states.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
:siren: It's finally out, guys! :siren:

Star Citizen is real!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Ah, raging out at some dickhead in the comments of a major tom video, what have I become.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Chalks posted:

Ah, raging out at some dickhead in the comments of a major tom video, what have I become.

It is as we feared

pgabz is contagious

• Locked thread