Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summer Transfers
This poll is closed.
Your dad's dick 46 21.50%
Manchesters 20 9.35%
ITK Taff 51 23.83%
What's his name 72 33.64%
London 25 11.68%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Don't be negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Alan Curtis got drunk in America and told some journos that Gomis is gone in the next few days.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Barragan was at Liverpool a long time ago. Not sure he made an appearance in the league though.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Pissflaps posted:

Negredo will score the goals and Valdes will stop the goals I don't see what's weird about that.

Are you responding to Taff, who you have on ignore?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Kwagga posted:

Are you responding to Taff, who you have on ignore?

I don't have Taff on ignore.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Ancelotti confirmed today that Benatia is joining Juventus. Supposedly a one year loan with an option to buy, 3 million € now and 17 million if they buy him.

Kind of a shame to see him go, he's an exceptional defender but unfortunately incredibly injury-prone. Don't think I've ever seen a player with more frequent muscle injuries.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I want Southampton to sign some more players than we have or at least be linked to someone thanks

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Twat le Piss posted:

I want Southampton to sign some more players than we have or at least be linked to someone thanks

Your welcome

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Aren't all these big names Boro are signing pretty poo poo?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
2 guys with foreign sounding names are saying that Kante to Chelsea is close to done. Foreigners know more about football so I think we can trust them.

https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/753906999734181888

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/753907114570022912

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

blue footed boobie posted:

You sound jealous.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Twat le Piss posted:

didnt yall just get Højbjerg? who i def know and can spell and didnt google and copy paste

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
old Pierre-Emile, as i used to call him

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Dunban posted:

Ancelotti confirmed today that Benatia is joining Juventus. Supposedly a one year loan with an option to buy, 3 million € now and 17 million if they buy him.

Kind of a shame to see him go, he's an exceptional defender but unfortunately incredibly injury-prone. Don't think I've ever seen a player with more frequent muscle injuries.

Worse than Kompany in the last few seasons?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

pik_d posted:

Worse than Kompany in the last few seasons?

The kind of player that never managed to play more than two games in a row before getting injured and missing out on four?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Healbot posted:

The kind of player that never managed to play more than two games in a row before getting injured and missing out on four?

Kompany, on multiple occasions, came back for less than 45 minutes before going out for months at a time. He's permacrocked at this point.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

I don't knoe anything about him either but hell, i'll have him. I'll have them all. Aitor playing Pokemon Go with top quality slightly damaged professional footballers. Welcome, friends, to Boro's premier league title push.

Signing footballers who may just need a change of scenery or the right system to cover their flaws really isn't the worst idea if you can get good deals on them.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Not being world-beaters at title-chasing clubs doesn't necessarily mean they won't perform well for a side that's just been promoted.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Joe Gomez has picked up another long term injury, so we're in the market for an experienced CB who's happy to sit on the bench for the vast majority of the season.

Hmm, wonder where we'd get someone like that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EvilHawk posted:

Hmm, wonder where we'd get someone like that.

Carragher is coming out of retirement?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Sandwolf posted:

Carragher is coming out of retirement?

lol as if he'd be happy on the bench

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

Not being world-beaters at title-chasing clubs doesn't necessarily mean they won't perform well for a side that's just been promoted.

True enough, but it seems like a weird move to go out and sign a bunch of aging/underperforming big names. Negredo scored 5 goals last year and the year before that. I guess they're going that these guys get it together enough to keep them up, but it seems like a huge gamble.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Its better than getting the standard newly-promoted signings of all the kids that never broke into the starting team at City.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dunban posted:

Done Deal

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Reports that Alvaro Arbeloa has signed with Milan on a free transfer.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

trem_two posted:

thats way too much money

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lots of rumors about Sukin Yerdadsdik

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
boro's 500th signing of the year is complete.
http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-fc-antonio-barragan-valencia-3188134.aspx

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

African AIDS cum posted:

drat that's a tasty rumour

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Hopefully he's just a backup. Antonelli, De Sciglio, Abate and Calabria are all pretty good (De Sciglio if he plays like he did in the Euros at least).

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

African AIDS cum posted:

Ive seen him linked with Arsenal, apparently he was a childhood fan and used to travel to Highbury for games. Apparently when he was young Yerdadsdik loved going up the Arse on a saturday afternoon

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
phwoar, juve bidding 95mil for Higuain can only mean they're getting on juiced up on city's arabtech, can't wait for bonnuci to form a wall with denayer

it'll be john stones and otamendi trying to do stepovers and flopping on their faces while Joe Hart makes beaker faces

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Kante to Chelsea is almost done according to the guardia.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ive seen him linked with Arsenal, apparently he was a childhood fan and used to travel to Highbury for games. Apparently when he was young Yerdadsdik loved going up the Arse on a saturday afternoon

Big Arsenal fan Kwagga would love for Yerdadsdik to come

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Hoops posted:

Its better than getting the standard newly-promoted signings of all the kids that never broke into the starting team at City.

Who's done that?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Kante to Chelsea is almost done according to the guardia.

:smith: Figured if someone went it would be him, basically too good for us and not been around long enough for club loyalty to be an issue. Hope we get a good amount for him to put into building up replacements.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Blasmeister posted:

:smith: Figured if someone went it would be him, basically too good for us and not been around long enough for club loyalty to be an issue. Hope we get a good amount for him to put into building up replacements.

Seems ~30m will be the price if it happens.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Wonder if Martin Skrtel is regretting his recent life choices right about now.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Probably a good MLS signing I guess

https://twitter.com/ATLUTD/status/754061984472047617?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Can anyone tell me about Ianis Hagi Jr or Kevin(?) Diks. Diks recently came from Vitesse and Hagi Jr. Came from the Romanian Leagues.

• Locked thread