Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Why did he waste his energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

gohmak posted:

Why did he waste his energy.

It was worth it to see her genuinely take offense at him calling Fox News what it is. I hope she has nightmares.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

SedanChair posted:

It was worth it to see her genuinely take offense at him calling Fox News what it is. I hope she has nightmares.

also the bit at the end where she says he shouldn't use such a broad brush and he's just dumbfounded that she can say that with a straight face

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How does anyone on Fox News not understand what they are doing or are they just pretending to be offended in order to create the illusion they are naive?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Radish posted:

How does anyone on Fox News not understand what they are doing or are they just pretending to be offended in order to create the illusion they are naive?

ding ding ding

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Thump! posted:

ding ding ding

Yeah. The truth is never a surprise, it's just the cable news equivalent of using the wrong fork.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Radish posted:

Yeah but most of those assholes are chicken hawk cowards.

Like I said I hope I'm right.

It only takes one person who really believes right wing media lies to do it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Waffles Inc. posted:

This thread is going to Arzy like loving crazy after the convention bump

It is entirely possible Trump gets no convention bump. It's already looking to be a giant mess.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Radish posted:

Hannity is a true believer, Kelly is way too smart to not know what she is doing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Also coming soon to the GOP platform, giving all the federal parks back to the states to decide what to do with them.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

RIP Yellowstone. You were a good park before you became a geothermal power plant.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/753965070003109888

Wrong subforum!

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 15, 2016

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
haha he really is The Twitter President

see ya O&R

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
Pence is british for "chump change."

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
I love that my facebook feed is full of people saying that since a guy killed people with a truck, that proves that gun control is useless.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Just a tweet. I'm blown away. Sometimes he is overwhelming.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Oh no, no matter if he's right, you're not tricking me into listening to notable awful comic DL Hughley.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
"Trump and Pence" is hard not to say in a British accent.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Pence seems like a disaster for Trump due to the radical anti gay angle so I'm glad he kept him as the pick.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Teddy and Grant rolling in the graves.

God UT would be hosed because they have all these coal and resource companies wanting to expand near the parks. Like Bryce Canyon, a place known for clear air and star filled nights would be hosed if how the BLM/National Forest lands are to be an indication.
http://upr.org/post/alton-coal-mine-expansion-sparks-controversy
Thankfully the people at Bryce Canyon wrote an enormous Impact Statement that is pretty much covers everything why this would be a dumb idea.

Sad that a bunch of paleontologists and geologists decided to be a bunch of sell outs for that coal company, saying that the expansion wouldn't effect the fossils in the region

nerox
May 20, 2001

misty mountaintop posted:

I love that my facebook feed is full of people saying that since a guy killed people with a truck, that proves that gun control is useless.

The only way to stop a bad guy with a truck is a good guy with a truck, preferably Bigfoot.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pence seems like a disaster for Trump due to the radical anti gay angle so I'm glad he kept him as the pick.

Nah, he has "reasonable Republican" protection from that. Remember, this is the same electorate that thought Cruz was a reasonable, suitable alternative to Trump.

As to the truck dude and gun control, didn't he jump out with guns after the ramming? Someone asked if there was anything we could do to stop a suicide truck, and honestly I doubt it. Both my parents are/were semi drivers and I really doubt you could stop one intended to hit a crowd without advanced warning. They're lucky it wasn't a gas tanker, honestly, he could've pulled triple digit body counts.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

nerox posted:

The only way to stop a bad guy with a truck is a good guy with a truck, preferably Bigfoot.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If there's anything Trump needs to fight, its the lost war against Gay Marriage.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Lightning Knight posted:

As to the truck dude and gun control, didn't he jump out with guns after the ramming? Someone asked if there was anything we could do to stop a suicide truck, and honestly I doubt it. Both my parents are/were semi drivers and I really doubt you could stop one intended to hit a crowd without advanced warning. They're lucky it wasn't a gas tanker, honestly, he could've pulled triple digit body counts.

My thought was a semi would be a lot less maneuverable.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

nerox posted:

Optimus Prime is a truck and Megatron is a gun.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhfZlznuaVE

Though I guess that only works if the crowds and truck are separated by one of those things

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Pence is perfectly reasonable when put next to Trump.

It's pretty horrible but when I woke up this morning to the news this was where my head went first thing: "Gun people are going to be insufferable, I have to start thinking about the exact argument to make... after all, to legally drive you have to have a license and you must be sober."

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

ReidRansom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhfZlznuaVE

Though I guess that only works if the crowds and truck are separated by one of those things

Yeah I mean you can do that sure, but like I said, you'd need advanced warning or a lot of pre planning for that to work.

I just asked my mom over the phone and she's like "well if you shoot out the radiator from far enough away the truck would shut down," which is some :downs: levels of action movie hypotheticals. And it still wouldn't change that this dude had military grade weapons and intent to murder indiscriminately anyway.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Antti posted:

Pence is perfectly reasonable when put next to Trump.

No. He's not. Pence is a much bigger piece of poo poo than Trump is.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

Yeah I mean you can do that sure, but like I said, you'd need advanced warning or a lot of pre planning for that to work.

I just asked my mom over the phone and she's like "well if you shoot out the radiator from far enough away the truck would shut down," which is some :downs: levels of action movie hypotheticals. And it still wouldn't change that this dude had military grade weapons and intent to murder indiscriminately anyway.
I mean, I guess that's true. But it would have to be like a couple miles away. poo poo would still have to overheat before the engine blew and it's not like it just comes to a complete stop at that point either. A .50 cal through the engine block kills the engine faster, but again, there's that whole momentum thing.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Optimus Prime is a truck and Megatron is a gun.

To be fair if guns could transform into giant robots I'd be all for guns for everyone. The only way to stop a bad bot that's a gun is with a good bot that's a gun.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/753971186820870144

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You know, I was going to say something about how the 5 things mentioned are things that drive a high percentage of conservatives to the polls and that it was funny.

But it's not funny :(

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mcmagic posted:

Yeah. Pence is a true believer.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ah yes, the "many people die from the flu, therefore trying to cure cancer is useless" argument.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Well, yeah. Pence is essentially a Ted Cruz without the punchable face.

Look, when I meant reasonable, I meant more in the sense that while Trump is Republican policies spoken out loud, Pence represents those same policies but with the veneer of respectability.

Let's say he's more presentable.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The GOP really has a pattern of putting vile pieces of poo poo in their VP slot.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

The GOP really has a pattern of putting vile pieces of poo poo in their VP slot.

Kemp I think is the last not completely vile choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Meanwhile, Matt Yglesias immediately posts a literal apology for his treatment of Mike Pence.

After all, if he is presumptive VP of one of the two major parties, he must be credible.

• Locked thread