Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Meanwhile here's a high school dropout telling you about why black people are more likely to crime and how to solve that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpcxy9M1pw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

In this country, crime is code for friend of the familys and law and order is code for White supremacy. Trump took a nuanced stand on recent events denouncing the “senseless deaths” of the crime while calling for the restoration of law and order.

So close to understanding dogwhistle racism yet so far

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Archer666 posted:

Meanwhile here's a high school dropout telling you about why black people are more likely to crime and how to solve that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpcxy9M1pw

Watch hbomberguy and Garett to see someone rip into him, the former to show he has a five minute attention span and the latter if you want a more in depth explantation why he's a racist dumbass.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Annointed posted:

Watch hbomberguy and Garett to see someone rip into him, the former to show he has a five minute attention span and the latter if you want a more in depth explantation why he's a racist dumbass.

Both are good, but Hbomberguy is not for analysis. He's for the funnies

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/DouthatNYT/status/753593110882574336

Douthat at his most cringeworthiest.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I am absolutely in favor of the GOP veep candidate being an incomprehensible, socially awkward 30-something white dude with vast quantities of terrible opinions publicly available on the internet.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Moldbug brings in the coveted Pseudo-intellectual Racist and Sexist Shitstain bloc to complement Trump's lock on the Mouthbreathing Idiot Racist and Sexist Shitstains

Trump/Moldbug: Winning Is For Losers, Which We Definitely Are Not

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Trump brings the money, moldbig brings the uhhh

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

'Pleasant and inoffensive thing presented as terrifying or shameful without irony' is my favourite genre of right-wing image.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Peel posted:

'Pleasant and inoffensive thing presented as terrifying or shameful without irony' is my favourite genre of right-wing image.

Especially compared to the thieving rapist murderers portrayed as the 'good old days'

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The picture on the left is from Mount And Blade.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I would much rather be in a room with a bunch of Muslims than be stuck in a shield wall being charged by hundreds of screaming Franks.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

before: to survive you must risk your life every day with an axe
after: do some paperwork i guess

i think the latter is better

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
You don’t get it, you just don’t underknow.

Back in the viking age men could be Real Men. They could have long luxurious hair. Braid their bro’s hair. Brahding. He could wear some nice perfume and you could just sit there and smell him and drink sweet honey wine together. Real manly man things.

And the women, they just had to stand around in wheat fields. Sometimes with baskets.

Now what? Everyone is these two hijabis sitting at a table. It’s a lost culture.

Grenrow
Apr 11, 2016
That one concept art picture for Mount and Blade is one of the most-popular alt right images. I've seen it in a lot of other lovely memes about how men were supposedly manlier back in the day. Do you think they don't know or don't care that their image of manly men doing manly things in ye olden days comes from a video game?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Grenrow posted:

That one concept art picture for Mount and Blade is one of the most-popular alt right images. I've seen it in a lot of other lovely memes about how men were supposedly manlier back in the day. Do you think they don't know or don't care that their image of manly men doing manly things in ye olden days comes from a video game?

Mount and Blade attracts a whole bunch of alt-right weirdos, much like how STALKER attracts Actual Real Deal Fascists, so they probably know.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Grenrow posted:

The funny part is isn't Mount and Blade made by a turkish studio?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Of course, we will never get a meaningful answer for why excessive traditional manliness is to be preferred in society. It is simply passed as a token of faith among most segments of the right, alt-right to traditionalist, that more violence, physical toughness, and impassivity to the concerns of others is a natural and good thing.

If asked why the "feminization of society" such as they're often so concerned with is a bad thing, I doubt you'd get more than an incredulous stare as if such a question is inherently off base.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Night10194 posted:

The funny part is isn't Mount and Blade made by a turkish studio?
Husband and wife team, I thought, but yeah, Turkish.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Mount and blade is by a Turkish studio btw

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.

ikanreed posted:

Of course, we will never get a meaningful answer for why excessive traditional manliness is to be preferred in society. It is simply passed as a token of faith among most segments of the right, alt-right to traditionalist, that more violence, physical toughness, and impassivity to the concerns of others is a natural and good thing.

If asked why the "feminization of society" such as they're often so concerned with is a bad thing, I doubt you'd get more than an incredulous stare as if such a question is inherently off base.
The answer they'd never admit is that anyone who wants a society based on brutal hierarchy assumes they'll be dishing out the brutality rather than receiving it. It's kind of like how no one who wants a fascist society imagines themselves being the ones digging ditches at gunpoint.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Watching in horror as Norse mythology is awkwardly hijacked by nazis is at least as old as Tolkien.

Ronwayne has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Jul 15, 2016

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Chuck Asay did it first (earlier)

I AM GRANDO has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Jul 15, 2016

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I loving love how the left image is concept art for Mount and Blade, which had a stereotypical Nordic VIKING faction in it that had little in common with real early medieval Norse.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Asay is exactly who I had in mind lol

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Peel posted:

Asay is exactly who I had in mind lol

He never made a comparison that wouldn't be misinterpreted nine times out of ten by people unfamiliar with him.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

The tiny differences in this one drive me nuts. The kid's smile disappears in the second picture but the parents look happier. So the moral is kids benefit from loveless marriages I guess?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
The stupid part is that about 99% of men on the alt-right would get their asses kicked by those old-school manly men, and they'd probably be better off if they stopped buying into toxic masculinity so enthusiastically, but somehow it's all the fault of feminists rather than the patriarchy that they're unhappy.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Constantinople Then -> Wise philosophers in togas.

Constantinople Now -> Barbaric Varangians in trousers everywhere.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

pookel posted:

The stupid part is that about 99% of men on the alt-right would get their asses kicked by those old-school manly men, and they'd probably be better off if they stopped buying into toxic masculinity so enthusiastically, but somehow it's all the fault of feminists rather than the patriarchy that they're unhappy.

This is known as the Matt Forney tragedy

This has never been anyone's idea of what a patriarch looks like, including Matt Forney

Ronwayne posted:

Watching in horror as Norse mythology is awkwardly hijacked by nazis is at least as old as Tolkien.

Tolkien's letter to nazis inquiring about his Aryan heritage will never not be the best thing

quote:

Thank you for your letter. I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people. My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject - which should be sufficient. I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army. I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride.

Your enquiry is doubtless made in order to comply with the laws of your own country, but that this should be held to apply to the subjects of another state would be improper, even if it had (as it has not) any bearing whatsoever on the merits of my work or its sustainability for publication, of which you appear to have satisfied yourselves without reference to my Abstammung.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
Someone decided to train a neural network on HPMOR and judging by the headache I get trying to read it, the results are pretty close to what Yudkowsky originally wrote.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

eschaton posted:

Someone decided to train a neural network on HPMOR and judging by the headache I get trying to read it, the results are pretty close to what Yudkowsky originally wrote.

not sure, but this may be the one we were blatantly encouraging in the HPMOR thread.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

How many of these images are actually done by people from Sweden?
I have no doubt that there are a lot of crazy bigots in Sweden (like that juiced youtuber that was in some Hbomb videos), but it is overwhelmingly english speakers (of dubious ethnic ancestry) that are very concerned about racial purity and testosterone levels of nordic people.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
High testosterone is overrated. I have really high T and I'm not that tall or big or strong or horny, and in fact I ended up a troon. All high T ever did for me is a big jaw, hobbit feet and hair loss

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Here's the latest from Mister Mean-Spirited, a man so edgy, he hasn't been able to touch anyone in years https://mister-mean-spirited.blogspot.com/2016/07/it-is-time-for-backlash.html

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Here's the latest from Mister Mean-Spirited, a man so edgy, he hasn't been able to touch anyone in years https://mister-mean-spirited.blogspot.com/2016/07/it-is-time-for-backlash.html

Ah yes, the "you kill 1, we'll kill 12" method of fighting ideology. Otherwise known as "exponentially increase the pool of people who want to kill you by killing arbitrarily and letting the survivors see you as evil"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Tesseraction posted:

Ah yes, the "you kill 1, we'll kill 12" method of fighting ideology. Otherwise known as "exponentially increase the pool of people who want to kill you by killing arbitrarily and letting the survivors see you as evil"

Thinking this out might require developing methods of argument other than belligerent assertion

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Vosgian Beast posted:

By the "clash of civilizations" theory, hasn't the West already killed many, many more Muslims than the latter has killed in terror attacks against the West?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

By the "clash of civilizations" theory, hasn't the West already killed many, many more Muslims than the latter has killed in terror attacks against the West?

Hint: That doesn't get reported as an atrocity in the news and candle light vigils aren't held for it.