Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Eh, was anyone expecting most of these characters to survive anyway? Finding out which one or two survive would be the bigger spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

daveline posted:

Did they just spoil that Donnie Yen's character dies (although I assume most/all of them die)?

Yup. Wen Jiang should have just stopped talking after his huge gun, haha.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Madds Mikkelsen!

daveline
Nov 22, 2007

teagone posted:

Yup. Wen Jiang should have just stopped talking after his huge gun, haha.

haha, oops

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

No big deal imo though, but I do feel bad for Wen Jiang. He's probably gonna get so much poo poo.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Was that the trailer?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was that behind the scenes thing it?

e: From Facebook, waiting for even more higher res.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

I hope not. The "sizzle" reel was cool but its no trailer

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

I believe the live audience got different videos when we were shown the behind the scenes. Some posts on twitter imply an actual trailer goes public tonight.

daveline
Nov 22, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

they've shown that 3 times on the stream, so I guess we have to wait for someone who recorded it there to upload it for us

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hype knob going to 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUb_zpdyDpU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Wasn't the trailer supposed to air tonight on ABC?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I thought it was going to be like what they did before and release the trailer after the panel. Oh well. But yeah, the room got to see the new trailer at the end.

https://twitter.com/GermainLussier/status/753983739013820416

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Whatever the spoiler is what is the chance all the websites will show enough restraint that I won't see it as a trending headline on Facebook shortly?

Don't care as much about spoilers for this movie but still. I guess I could always bail on this thread like i did with episode 7..

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
"it looks like ww2 and vietnam combined"

excellent review of the trailer as brought to you by star wars nerds

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Stream saw the sizzle reel 3 times, audience saw it twice and then the trailer at the end.

We get the trailer in like 7 hours on ABC after that TFA doco thingy.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

teagone posted:

No big deal imo though, but I do feel bad for Wen Jiang. He's probably gonna get so much poo poo.

For what? That his character chirrut imwe dies in the movie? My apologies I'm catching up on all the news

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I was promised a trailer tonight.

The gently caress, Disney?

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/753988288516677632

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I was watching half watching the stream during the panel and missed the spoiler slip up..can anyone paraphrase?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gonz posted:

:what:

Silver Brushes posted:

I was watching half watching the stream during the panel and missed the spoiler slip up..can anyone paraphrase?

Wen Jiang was just about done describing his character (Baze) and his relationship with Donnie Yen's character (Chirrut). He let out while pointing to Donnie, "When he dies, Baze's outlook on the Force changes. Something like that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

This had better be bullshit or Disney dropped the ball.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gonz posted:

How is that poo poo exclusive. Its on Youtube forever.

Like that lady who I forget the name of was like "please no phones or photos please"

I'm here watching the stream like you're airing this on like 12 different livestreams then uploading it to youtube. It's not exactly a one-off thing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Not the trailer, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUb_zpdyDpU

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Wow. The production design of this movie just keeps looking more amazing.

I'm so thrilled.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

e: From Facebook, waiting for even more higher res.

crossposting from the movie posters thread

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'll have you know it's those damned stormtroopers crashing the sweet beach party

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

kiimo posted:

crossposting from the movie posters thread

Didn't change film name to 'Rogue Fun' 0/10

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Description of the new (actual) trailer:
http://collider.com/rogue-one-new-trailer-description/

he trailer opens up with a few shots of what looks to be a young Jyn Erso running as an Imperial ship soars above before cutting to Felicity Jones as voice over plays; “There isn’t much time. Every day, we grow weaker. While the day grows grimmer, we still have a chance … to make a real difference.” The music begins to ramp up as we catch glimpses of handcuffed rebels being walked through the streets and shots from the first trailer and from the Star Wars Celebration reel including Stormtroopers walking through Scarif, the Shoretroopers, a shot of Orson Krennic flanked by Death Troopers walking across a terrain that looks a lot like the grassy area we see the young Jyn running through at the beginning of the piece.

The trailer wraps with the reveal we’ve all been waiting for – kind of. In comes the sound of Darth Vader’s breathing and then we get a shot that slowly pans up to show, not Vader himself, but rather his reflection on the floor. That’s all we get, but it’s chilling and satisfying enough and clearly leaves so much more to be discovered about his involvement in the plot of the film.

Overall, this is another fantastic piece of promotional material. Regardless of rumors circulating regarding the tone, just like the first Rogue One trailer, this one definitely has an intense war movie feel to it. It’s packed with Stormtroopers, explosions and other visuals that tease a very visceral intensity, sky high stakes, and a scenario where no one feels safe.​

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
My biggest take from that video: "The pressure is so high. We're making a film that is right touching my favorite movie of all time. But then if you are too respectful of it that you don't do anything new, different, take a risk, then what are you bringing to the table?"

Gareth throwing some shade.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

My biggest take from that video: "The pressure is so high. We're making a film that is right touching my favorite movie of all time. But then if you are too respectful of it that you don't do anything new, different, take a risk, then what are you bringing to the table?"

Gareth throwing some shade.

Yeah it wasn't subtle. He also hit hard on the 'if this was on a green screen I would never have found the shot I wanted' so dude isn't bashful about what he thinks. I like that. There was also someone else hounding on the practical effects/props/real poo poo thing in some other thing I saw a week ago maybe, and you can see everything is physical in the behind the scenes.

Should I watch Godzilla 2014? It has a 75, but it's sort of like when I watched 'The Frighteners' when I found out that Peter Jackson guy was given the keys to Middle Earth. Kinda want to see something now. 4$ rental.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Godzilla 2014 is awesome.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Godzilla 2014 is awesome.

It's stupendous . Watched it like three times in a row.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf

hhhat posted:

Yeah it wasn't subtle. He also hit hard on the 'if this was on a green screen I would never have found the shot I wanted' so dude isn't bashful about what he thinks. I like that. There was also someone else hounding on the practical effects/props/real poo poo thing in some other thing I saw a week ago maybe, and you can see everything is physical in the behind the scenes.

Should I watch Godzilla 2014? It has a 75, but it's sort of like when I watched 'The Frighteners' when I found out that Peter Jackson guy was given the keys to Middle Earth. Kinda want to see something now. 4$ rental.

If you do, turn up the brightness, that movie is so drat dark you really cant see anything.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
The only issue is that the home release is very dark.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

hhhat posted:

Wow. The production design of this movie just keeps looking more amazing.

I'm so thrilled.

My five year old watched it and said, "This is a well made movie." :)

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Star Wars thread posted:

Go watch Godzilla 2014!

Will do. Will report back with my important feelings on the production, and on what I had for dinner tonight.

Also. Come on Diz we need a trailer today.

Edit: trailer actually makes this movie look pretty drat disastery and intense. Would you guys think a 9 year old can handle it or is this one I'm watching on my own?

hhhat fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 15, 2016

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Oh man, for a second I thought I saw 4-LOM, but it's a different design. That would have been a heck of a random carry-over from the old EU.

I did notice Dodonna!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Phi230 posted:

How is that poo poo exclusive. Its on Youtube forever.

Like that lady who I forget the name of was like "please no phones or photos please"

I'm here watching the stream like you're airing this on like 12 different livestreams then uploading it to youtube. It's not exactly a one-off thing.

They showed the sizzle reel again on the livestream while the audience saw the new footage. We didn't see what they saw.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

hhhat posted:

Edit: trailer actually makes this movie look pretty drat disastery and intense. Would you guys think a 9 year old can handle it or is this one I'm watching on my own?

Borderline, I'd say it depends on what the kid has seen before. There's no blood and guts in the movie of course, but people do die and as you said the movie is intense.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

Borderline, I'd say it depends on what the kid has seen before. There's no blood and guts in the movie of course, but people do die and as you said the movie is intense.

Yeah the thing is disaster movies are like 'you all are hosed' whereas something like scifi/fantasy movies are like 'only these guys are hosed' but I'm a bad parent so I'll probably risk it. He's seen some poo poo already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
This guys my fav: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUb_zpdyDpU&t=125s

edit: here is an insanely bad cam of the trailer its really bad probably dont watch it this guy stops paying attention to filming a quarter of the way in https://vid.me/nUmJ

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 15, 2016

• Locked thread