Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm sure this episode won't have a ton of cut jokes, right? :smith:

They're all cut basically, still good though

e:

thank you araki hirohiko for creating this boy

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

I wonder how they managed to mix up the names on this screen at least two episodes in a row.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Yeah honestly I didn't find the episode that great, they cut a lot of the humour from it, it's a bit dry.

Really excited about next week though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That super detailed shot of Josuke shooting the rat was perfect.

I have to wonder why they didn't do the Stand sheet for Ratt this episode. Oh well.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
They skimped out on the best panel

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My largest criticism of DiU's anime so far, and this episode has a couple of them, is that they're not necessarily doing justice to some of the best panels.

These bad-rear end panels have all been somewhat lessened to me by the anime giving them strange framing or skipping then. The Star Platinum one in this episode was muddy and never established because of the time stop effect and they straight changed ACK!
(RHCP)

It's not like I'm swearing off, but these are awesome panels and I wish they were given full justice.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Josuke Higashikata posted:

My largest criticism of DiU's anime so far, and this episode has a couple of them, is that they're not necessarily doing justice to some of the best panels.

These bad-rear end panels have all been somewhat lessened to me by the anime giving them strange framing or skipping then. The Star Platinum one in this episode was muddy and never established because of the time stop effect and they straight changed ACK!
(RHCP)

It's not like I'm swearing off, but these are awesome panels and I wish they were given full justice.

This episode is by far the worst offender imo. Every other ep at worst would have a slightly disappointing adaptation moment, this one feels completely different to the manga version.

I still liked it though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Yeah, this week was a bit dry. Maybe it'd be kinda stretched at parts but a full extra cour to make some episodes two parters and other three parters would've been really nice to give more time to smaller yet important parts.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I should say that the thing they changed ACK! to is still plenty funny and cute.

e:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wait a minute...

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't think this needed to be two parts at all. I'm actually really glad it was one episode.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Let's Go Hunting! is a neat little fight and while I agree it didn't have to be more than a single episode I'm sad they apparently cut some of it (haven't seen the episode yet).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Let's Go Hunting! is a neat little fight and while I agree it didn't have to be more than a single episode I'm sad they apparently cut some of it (haven't seen the episode yet).

It's a handful of lines, some of the more iconic ones. Though some of them are there but translated differently so they may not necessarily be cut.

Mickey Mouse is out and the talking about socks/shoe cost is out for sure though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Please tell me there's an indepth explanation of the backtracking technique and that other animals can actually do this, though no rat has ever been known to.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 15, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yep.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It's a handful of lines, some of the more iconic ones. Though some of them are there but translated differently so they may not necessarily be cut.

Mickey Mouse is out and the talking about socks/shoe cost is out for sure though.
Oh well that's not too bad.

Shame they mitigated Josuke's fashion disaster though.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wait a minute...

They keep messing this up!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Yeah, no reason for it to be a two parter, something like five minutes extra to sit on some bits for longer and keep everything in would've been nice but this isn't a format that could allow that.
Guess it goes to show you that comics are the superior format for anything and nothing will ever compare.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

Please tell me there's an indepth explanation of the backtracking technique and that other animals can actually do this, though no rat has ever been known to.

They'll cut some jokes, but they're not crazy enough to cut animal trivia.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
For anime only people, here's some dialogue that was cut that I really like for establishing just a bit more of Josuke's characters.

Boy's gotta get himself correct

Good. Let's Go Hunting feels a bit like Cool Shock B.T. where Araki read about A Cool Thing (and by extension Jotaro in this case) and then info-dumped it in his manga cause he was very excited about it

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 15, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I should say that the thing they changed ACK! to is still plenty funny and cute.

e:

Yeah the ack was still good.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

RIP jokes

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
A good episode and my boy Jotaro is great as always. I'd love to hear his thoughts as he was waiting for Josuke to heal him.

"Would it be rude to ask him to heal me? This really hurts, but I'm sure he's going to see to my hand now. not uet? Maybe he's still too excited, but I wouldn't want to annoy him too much oh my god this is gross!"

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ratt was one of my favorite arcs in the whole part and I'm sad the episode didn't quite match up to the manga.

What a loving cool stand though and I love the sniper fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Think back to when people were saying it's weird that Josuke isn't worrying or immediately fixing Okuyasu up during RHCP? Josuke's not always on the ball about it, he's got other things to worry about such as being the best.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The thing I really like about this fight is how it kinda throws all notion of power levels mattering in Jojo out the window. Jotaro's no slouch. He's defeated tons of stand users, incluing Dio Brando himself. His stand's super strong and super fast and super precise and can even stop time, yet here he is being cornered by a couple of rats with an ability uniquely suited to ruining his day. Without Josuke's help he'd be a goner.

Even if you wanna say it's been a few years and he's lost his edge, there's still no other series I can think of that would take a formerly aces super cool badass fighter guy still mostly in his prime and match him up against a rodent and have him effectively lose.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wow, Jotaro really can't stop time all the time, sorry I ever doubted you, thread.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

The thing I really like about this fight is how it kinda throws all notion of power levels mattering in Jojo out the window. Jotaro's no slouch. He's defeated tons of stand users, incluing Dio Brando himself. His stand's super strong and super fast and super precise and can even stop time, yet here he is being cornered by a couple of rats with an ability uniquely suited to ruining his day. Without Josuke's help he'd be a goner.

Even if you wanna say it's been a few years and he's lost his edge, there's still no other series I can think of that would take a formerly aces super cool badass fighter guy still mostly in his prime and match him up against a rodent and have him effectively lose.

I wonder if DIO and Kars could regenerate from the melting and hardening.

If they couldn't, they'd probably get trashed just as hard as Jotaro did.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm sad there isn't just a series of Jotaro and Josuke hunting down the most dangerous game. Naturally, all of their prey would have Stands.

Bad Seafood posted:

Without Josuke's help he'd be a goner.

The best part is that it's the other way around, too. Josuke almost died from getting that dart in his neck.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 15, 2016

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
worriedcrazydiamondface.jpg

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

worriedcrazydiamondface.jpg

pressure da ze...

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i hope everyone can appreciate and enjoy some primo bonding time between jotaro and josuke as they go hunting for homicidal rats with sniper cannons

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Moltrey posted:

For anime only people, here's some dialogue that was cut that I really like for establishing just a bit more of Josuke's characters.

Boy's gotta get himself correct

To be honest I don't think it's all that necessary. I sort of like what they did in the episode better? It's showing, and not telling, which is a rarity in JoJo at times. You can clearly see what's going through his head as he glances at Jotaro going through the water and then down at his pants and shoes with a grimace. It was well done.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I love Jotaro's new dolphin heart pin. And the triangle is ridiculous.

oh and

:mmmhmm:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Josuke is such a teen.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like that Jotaro decided hunting rats with his uncle was important enough to warrant a new outfit.

also maybe I didn't notice it before, but the amount of wide shots where Josuke and Jotaro have like no facial features was wild this ep

Still a real neat episode that shows Part 4's strengths

TriffTshngo posted:

To be honest I don't think it's all that necessary. I sort of like what they did in the episode better? It's showing, and not telling, which is a rarity in JoJo at times. You can clearly see what's going through his head as he glances at Jotaro going through the water and then down at his pants and shoes with a grimace. It was well done.
You're not wrong, but I really like that Josuke is very fashion conscious and has $200+ pants along with an original run of designer socks, that's just a fun character thing I wish was kept over

also:

e: this ep is a good mirror if you've ever been dragged hunting or shooting with your dad, but instead of deer, it's a flesh melting rat

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 15, 2016

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Moltrey posted:

You're not wrong, but I really like that Josuke is very fashion conscious and has $200+ pants along with an original run of designer socks, that's just a fun character thing I wish was kept over

It's a Joestar tradition after all.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

TriffTshngo posted:

As an anime-only watching scrublord I immediately understood what was going through Josuke's head when he looked down at his baller shoes. So, i agree.

Edit:VVVV
That's fair.

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I thought they did a good job of telling you what Josuke was thinking visually, yeah, but at the same time I wanted to hear Josuke moan to himself about messing up his cool shoes and socks.

• Locked thread