Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:allears: Oh man, now I'm hyped. I even went and looked at the Steam reviews for that DLC after reading Orv's post, and well...

quote:

I recommend this only to the insane, the wacko, the nutso, the cukoo, the crazy.
This was the most torturous night of my life getting the achievements for this stupid, wonderful, soul rending DLC.
Most of them were less kind than this.

Also Tenno lacrosse is okay. Freaky space cats are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Hey there's one trial that's pretty cool in at the very least concept. :shobon:

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Burglar is great. Mystery foe and back alley brawl should also be easy enough to show off.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Orv posted:

Some Warframe unrelated straight talk for you fine people before I go to bed.

You will not be getting a deep, in-depth look at Dunwall City Trials. You won't even be getting an extensive, thoughtful funny look at Dunwall City Trials.

What you will be getting is two or three missions of me trying to at least provide an entertaining look at the stuff, and then I loving give up. The suck, they suck poo poo on raw ice. They suck every dick I've ever owned. When I wake up it'll be a coin flip whether I tweet some mean things at Harvey Smith or not, it depends on how I sleep. gently caress that poo poo. If you watched our Majesty LP, and remember my dragon troubles, that was baby times compared to the angry poo poo I have to say about Dumbass lovely Aisles.

So you would recommend buying it?

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Hannibal Rex posted:

Burglar is great. Mystery foe and back alley brawl should also be easy enough to show off.

Burglar is like "Hey, y'know how we drew a lot of inspiration from Thief? Wanna play an entire map in that style?" and it's good.

The other modes are hot garbage.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I enjoyed the Time Stop murder-puzzle mode, and there's a nice bonus at the end of the drop assassination deal, but the descriptions of the other things just didn't appeal to me.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Keksen posted:

So you would recommend buying it?
If you're referring to Warframe, it's F2P. Actually F2P, not pay to win*. They've recently reworked the late game item drop system to cut down on the late-game farmfest, so now's as good a time as any to give it a shot.

*But it's really good and a bit of platinum (cash substitute currency) to buy early slots and jump-starting late game is priced fairly and frequently on sale.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the city trials

On Warframe. You will never, ever, convince me to play Warframe ever again.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Malah posted:

If you're referring to Warframe, it's F2P. Actually F2P, not pay to win*. They've recently reworked the late game item drop system to cut down on the late-game farmfest, so now's as good a time as any to give it a shot.

*But it's really good and a bit of platinum (cash substitute currency) to buy early slots and jump-starting late game is priced fairly and frequently on sale.

Sorry, was talking about the Dunwall City Trials DLC, and I was joking because I already own it.

As for Warframe, I have over 1000 hours in it according to Steam and yeah it's Cool And Good. :v:

E: gently caress, kinda beaten?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Well, if you've played and replayed the Corvo and Daud campaigns to death, and you still need your Dishonored fix so bad that you can't wait until November, sure, give the Dunwall City Trials a spin. Otherwise, don't bother.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Weed Wolf posted:

every day i refresh this thread hoping that the low chaos intermission videos have been posted. every day coolguye breaks my heart.

Also, I hope that they get that unique game over in the intermission before lady Boyles party. The high chaos run missed it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Death Zebra posted:

Also, I hope that they get that unique game over in the intermission before lady Boyles party. The high chaos run missed it.

I'll be honest with you I didn't even know it was something that was possible till you just now mentioned it and I looked it up.

That's some JC Denton in the ladies toilet shenanigans right there.

TheLastRoboKy fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jul 16, 2016

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Speaking of people in places they should not be, I will tell you right now, Avitus has gotten back in line twice so far. I've turned him away, but the man is up to something.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Fish Noise posted:

Speaking of people in places they should not be, I will tell you right now, Avitus has gotten back in line twice so far. I've turned him away, but the man is up to something.

Start to worry if he begins telling you about the village he came from and how they stole his language and whatnot.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Tonight I have done terrible, terrible things in the name of entertainment.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
How much fierce brown liquor did it take?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Sober as a dead baby.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I'm titling the next video "The Time Warriors and the Garden of Ignominy"

Coolguye told me that he wanted a lot of effort put into his intros and outros, so I did. I will be sending it to him soon.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Well, now i want to see the next video even more badly than before.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Whenever I see you guys sniping at a faraway target with the bow and slowly positioning the cursor on the quark-sized head of the enemy I find myself wondering why none of you are using the spyglass to zoom in. I mean I'm sure it's for the extra challenge or something, but sheeeeesh do yourself a favor already.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Wugga posted:

Whenever I see you guys sniping at a faraway target with the bow and slowly positioning the cursor on the quark-sized head of the enemy I find myself wondering why none of you are using the spyglass to zoom in. I mean I'm sure it's for the extra challenge or something, but sheeeeesh do yourself a favor already.

Hey, I used it once (and then promptly forgot the hot key)!

Orv
May 4, 2011
I never buy it. :v:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
High Chaos Update

The Surge:
Youtube Polsy

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Is there a cutscene if you lose to Billie or just the regular game over?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Coolguye posted:

High Chaos Update

The Surge:
Youtube Polsy

They stole your bit!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I am now rather disappointed that you didn't attach an arc mine to a rat.

That said, I basically immediately loaded up Eminent Domain and did this, and it is funny as gently caress.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I'm glad that Coolguye's badness is now the salute of masked killers everywhere.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

In Corvos flooded district level one of the Whalers tells another he only needs to think about where he wants to teleports to. Presumably this is why Dauds blink has an inbuilt time stop so you can look around and select where you want to teleport to because the previous console generation has no mind reading peripherals.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Do the rats seek people out once they've been mined? Because slapping a mine on a rat and possessing it to run straight at a cadet of guards would be amazing.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I'll see if I can do something hilariously rat-shock based during the Brigmore stuff to answer all our questions regarding them.

Thesaya posted:

I regret not thinking of this at the time of recording, so I've done some poking around for information regarding it and I've seen nothing of the sort to suggest there is a special game over. The wikis are pretty solid in the ludicrous amount of details they've recorded regarding The Surge and Billie, so I'd like to think someone would have thought to try it and gotten nothing, or that there'd be something on youtube but I couldn't find it either. If anyone has feel free to correct me but I'm going to defer to the "regular game over" answer.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

SpookyLizard posted:

Do the rats seek people out once they've been mined? Because slapping a mine on a rat and possessing it to run straight at a cadet of guards would be amazing.

Daud doesn't have Possession as an available power, unfortunately.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Thesaya posted:

Just tested this, since I had a save right before the fight. No cutscene, nothing special.

This LP inspired me to go back and get some achievements I missed on my previous runs. Of course, instead of just doing that I ended up playing each level for two hours, having fun with guards and ragdolls. The replay value Dishonored is truly remarkable. I have 105 hours clocked in Steam and I'm nowhere near bored with the game.

Anyway, might as well share a bunch of screenshots of the best moments. Sometimes I sincerely question my sense of humour.

Martin, in the middle of a conversation.

A gift to the art-dealer

Overseer yoga

Overseer whatever the gently caress this is

Some posture

Pretty good, but still missing something...

Yeah, that's it. Perfect.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

We need a Fish Noise version of this.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Having a weird issue with the DLC right now. It's giving me a message that the game can't save (even starting a new game!) and when I go into the menu it soft locks. Verifying the file integrity right now, but has anyone else run across this problem? It didn't start until midway through the Brigmore Witches DLC but it's effecting the whole game now.

*EDIT*
Wow. Okay, this is not cool Microsoft.

Back when I got my Win7 PC, it was recommended to me to save all of my stuff to a "Program Files" folder of my own making, because the one given to you by Win7 would be set to read-only and would be a giant pain in the rear end about files that need to be adjusted. Like, y'know, save games.

I recently upgraded to Win10, which has apparently decided that my own "Program Files" folder needed to also be set to read only.

I'm currently unfucking the files and folders, and I imagine this is the reason I've been experiencing this issue, but seriously Microsoft? gently caress off.

*EDIT 2*
Win10 you piece of poo poo. What do you mean "Access is denied"? I'm the goddamn Admin here, for fucks sake, if I want to remove a read-only setting from my loving files you will let me loving do it!

*EDIT 3*
Okay, so I'm not an Admin, I'm a "debugger"? gently caress you too. I'm an Admin now, and I'm also resetting ownership of the C drive from "trustedinstaller" to me. Geeeeet hosed Win10.

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 21, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I keep all my games installed in a folder named games, on a separate disk from windows. But doesn't the game save under My Documents anyway? That shouldn't be any issue whatsoever but I don't have much experience since I haven't "upgraded" from 7 yet. Still, windows 10 so you never know. :sigh:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Nah, most games will save under a separate folder (usually in [Username]/AppData/Roaming or My Documents on Windows) for exactly this sort of reason, to not potentially gently caress up the important data in Program Files. If your save data is being saved by default in anything like Program Files, that's not a Windows problem.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
One of the things I like about this last mission is that the player already knows the map beforehand, which makes perfect sense since Daud should know his way around his own base.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

thekeeshman posted:

One of the things I like about this last mission is that the player already knows the map beforehand, which makes perfect sense since Daud should know his way around his own base.

... and yet. Because you start at the end and basically go backwards I got confused several times, specifically as to the ground level streets and how they relate to the upper-level areas. Probably just me but it was kind of confusing for me. YMMV

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
Real respect to Billie here for letting Daud draw his sword and insisting on a noble duel. It's a little thing, but I always love that in stories, the whole "We do this right, or not at all" bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Valgaav posted:

Real respect to Billie here for letting Daud draw his sword and insisting on a noble duel. It's a little thing, but I always love that in stories, the whole "We do this right, or not at all" bit.

Absolutely. You can't hate Billie for what she's done because in the end it's the ambition Daud expects coupled with the code he taught them. She thought she was better, so she steps up and tries. If she'd just put one in him with Delilah's help then she'd spend the rest of her days wondering if she could have ever done it, and the whole gang probably would have imploded in the end. Of course, what happens after Daud is out of the picture thanks to Corvo one way or another is a question I'm not sure ever gets answered.

• Locked thread