Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'll be ready when Otis's time runs up, which should be in 20 minutes or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I'll be ready when Otis's time runs up, which should be in 20 minutes or so.

I'm petrified you're going to pick my guy. Don't do it.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Times up, Otis.

The Toronto Maple Leafs could use some leadership, tenacity and two-way play from a #17 who dislikes Montreal. With that in mind, we take Milan Lucic.

Flying lemur, you're up.

E: The contract isn't great, but it doesn't go past 35, it's front loaded and quite frankly it's MLSE's money, and they won't give a poo poo. He'll do well with Matthews/Nino, or partnered with ROR on the 2nd line. He's a good two-way player, and it'll work well for at least 4 seasons.

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 15, 2016

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Times up, Otis.

The Toronto Maple Leafs could use some leadership, tenacity and two-way play from a #17 who dislikes Montreal. With that in mind, we take Milan Lucic.

Flying lemur, you're up.

E: The contract isn't great, but it doesn't go past 35, it's front loaded and quite frankly it's MLSE's money, and they won't give a poo poo. He'll do well with Matthews/Nino, or partnered with ROR on the 2nd line. He's a good two-way player, and it'll work well for at least 4 seasons.

Boo this man. You just ruined me making the most punchable line in hockey. :mad:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

There's nothing wrong with signing power forwards to long-term contracts into their mid 30s other than that it never works.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

No, but at least I won't get boned for a 35+ retirement penalty.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

No, but at least I won't get boned for a 35+ retirement penalty.

You're best hope is LTIR.
Same as with Dustin Brown and Callahan... who else?
Lecavalier?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Detroit's paying Johan Franzen $4m/year to sit on LTIR for the next 12 years or something. I'm sure Zetterberg will go that way too.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

If I can get 3 good years, 2 so-so and 2 LTIR out of Lucic, I'll call it a win. He saw a slight uptick in the fancy stats since leaving Boston, so we'll see.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If anyone needs to reach the cap floor, David Clarkson and Nathan Horton are both still available (and hilariously were traded for each other).

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

2:33 pm has come and gone and that means Flyinglemur is skipped. Good Soldier Svejk is up with mentholmoose to follow

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Homer pick time, but also happens to fill a vicious need.

Olli Maatta come on down.
Poor Olli has had a rough couple of seasons with horrible shoulder injuries and cancer keeping his training time down. In spite of that he performed ably as a 21 year-old anchor on the Pens blueline. He had a rough couple of games in the playoffs, true. So bad that it got to the point that he was sat to rest and collect himself.

This doesn't concern me. He's signed long-term on a reasonable, Brodin-esque contract and I believe he will continue to improve as he gets time to heal and train properly.

Plus Jones, Parayko and Maatta is a fuckin' great D-corps.

Mentholmoose is up.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I'm reasonably certain nobody has taken Daniel Sedin, so I'll take him. I'm not sure why he's available this late, but now he isn't.

e: Dank-Seguin-Voracek
Backstrom

Vatanen

Bishop

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

eXXon posted:

There's nothing wrong with signing power forwards to long-term contracts into their mid 30s other than that it never works.

Are you saying the Oilers made a bad decision???

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the Florida Panthers have been searching high and low for a second line center and of the guys I like, I'm taking the one who isn't injured constantly - Mikael Backlund

he has a very positive effect on his teammate's possession numbers, they all do worse when away from him, and on my Cats, his playmaking ability will slot in nicely with his dominant goal scoring wingers, TBA and TBA. he may not have as much of an offensive impact as some of the other options I have right now, but he can hold his own and his defensive value is significant enough to offset it

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

tofes posted:

Are you saying the Oilers made a bad decision???

Is there anyone outside of Edmonton rooting for anything other than a Ryane Clowe-esque plunge off a cliff for Lucic?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oh and Furnaceface is up

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
The mighty ducks of anaheim were out trying to find a new caps button for their keyboard, sorry.

With the pick of this round, the Ducks select Jay Beagle for his work in the community and the fact that ownership thinks he may actually be an adorable dog.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh poo poo Im up?

I was going to take another winger (who I really hope but doubt is still around by my next pick) but I just noticed a C that is available, though still a bit unproven and a bit of a reach. I just dont care.

Calgary is going to take another good old Ontario boy in Robby Fabbri. In one short season playing for the Blues he has already done a drat good job of proving he can make it in the NHL and I can only see him getting better. He was a key player in knocking out my Hawks in the playoffs and I want that kind of kid centering Calgary's future. :canada:

youre up tofes

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
NOOOO!

Fabbri was second on my list, I was going to take him if Sedin wasn't available. Great pick; he's gonna be amazing.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I wanted Fabbri. But probably won't take a forward next pick anyway.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Flyinglemur posted:

The mighty ducks of anaheim were out trying to find a new caps button for their keyboard, sorry.

With the pick of this round, the Ducks select Jay Beagle for his work in the community and the fact that ownership thinks he may actually be an adorable dog.

Boy you have a realllly stupid gimmick going.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

We need at least one right wing so Buffalo selects Craig Smith

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Homer pick time, but also happens to fill a vicious need.

Olli Maatta come on down.
Poor Olli has had a rough couple of seasons with horrible shoulder injuries and cancer keeping his training time down. In spite of that he performed ably as a 21 year-old anchor on the Pens blueline. He had a rough couple of games in the playoffs, true. So bad that it got to the point that he was sat to rest and collect himself.

This doesn't concern me. He's signed long-term on a reasonable, Brodin-esque contract and I believe he will continue to improve as he gets time to heal and train properly.

Plus Jones, Parayko and Maatta is a fuckin' great D-corps.

Mentholmoose is up.

I considered him but man those injury problems, hope he works out better for you than me

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Christian Dvorak please

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

i'll take Derick Brassard to be my 2C. Put up a 27g 31a 58p line last year with 60 points the year before so he's settling in to be a very solid second line player who would presumably produce even better playing next to nikita kucherov.

JoelJoel is up

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Menamino posted:

i'll take Derick Brassard to be my 2C. Put up a 27g 31a 58p line last year with 60 points the year before so he's settling in to be a very solid second line player who would presumably produce even better playing next to nikita kucherov.

JoelJoel is up

OK so 1 guy off of my centers list made it back around to me but was immediately taken

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Yeah I'm surprised he made it back to me too, 60ish points in today's nhl is really good second line production so I figured he'd be gone a round or 2 ago

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Menamino posted:

JoelJoel is up

Fuuuck. One pick away.

Whatever.

Dallas Stars Select Mike Mika Zibanij Zebinija Zebramad Zibanejad

He's young and used in a somewhat sheltered role in Ottawa (~60% OZone) and is still a relatively one-way player, but Mika's got two 20 goal seasons under his belt and has plenty of room to grow his game. Despite not being a defensive star he's a well rounded player, clocking in with good production, play making (~60% primary A), and can score all kinds of pretty goals. He sees limited PP time but could slot it with the top unit on the point from time to time. He's here to replace Krejci in a few years when he starts to decline and they shuffle around in the top 6.

Benn - Krejci - Stone
x - Zibanejad - X

Ellis - Ekholm

e: oh, right:

Yaya
Dandy Kaiser Teeum Pokemon
Infidel Castro

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 15, 2016

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The Edmonton Oilers complete their top line with the humongous dickbag but unquestionably talented Alexander Radulov. I have full faith in Joe Thornton to beat the poo poo out of him if he acts up.

JVR - Thornton - Radulov

Karlsson - Vlasic
Gardiner - ?

The newly christened Teemu Pokemon is up.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Yaya posted:

The Edmonton Oilers complete their top line with the humongous dickbag but unquestionably talented Alexander Radulov. I have full faith in Joe Thornton to beat the poo poo out of him if he acts up.

JVR - Thornton - Radulov

Karlsson - Vlasic
Gardiner - ?

The newly christened Teemu Pokemon is up.

i love this team. i wish it was my team

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Not really sold on JVR and Radulov but Karlsson and Vlasic wow

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I enjoy Maatta, but it's the injuries for me.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm going to take Gustav Nyquist, because I'm a homer and I have Wings fans inside me on this turn, but he's actually youngish, got decent fancies, and might actually score at a good clip again if he gets top-6 loving minutes and isn't blocked on the 1st line RW by Justin goddamn Abdelkader. He should easily get 25-30 playing a whole season on a line with Crosby

X-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-X :flashfap:

McDonagh-X
Martinez-X

Infidel Castro
i am the bird
VJeff x2

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Bold move drafting a horse.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'm going to take Gustav Nyquist, because I'm a homer and I have Wings fans inside me on this turn, but he's actually youngish, got decent fancies, and might actually score at a good clip again if he gets top-6 loving minutes and isn't blocked on the 1st line RW by Justin goddamn Abdelkader. He should easily get 25-30 playing a whole season on a line with Crosby

X-Crosby-Nyquist

McDonagh-X
Martinez-X

Infidel Castro
i am the bird
VJeff x2

Boo this man. I was thinking about taking Nyquist but hoped he might wheel

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

I picked Craig Smith over Nyquist and I regret nothing

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Well that gamble didn't work.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Teemu Pokemon posted:

X-Crosby-Nyquist

McDonagh-X
Martinez-X

Infidel Castro
i am the bird
VJeff x2

Goddamnit it. Well, time to figure out something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Okay, so I'm in need of a left winger REAL bad, and there's not too many people that could feasably be called a legit 1st liner. It wouldn't be Philly if I didn't have an aging veteran on a long-term contract so the Flyers select LW Loui Eriksson.

Eriksson has been the model of consistency over his career. It seems every year Loui can be counted on to put up 20+ goals and 60+ points every year. I'm not thrilled with having a guy signed for 6 years on the wrong side of 30, but thankfully he has only one season past 35 and he hasn't shown any real sign of decline...yet.

Eriksson - Stamkos - Smith
???????? - Trocheck - ??????

Barrie - Klefbom

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 16, 2016

• Locked thread