Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I was hoping that they'd get rid of Gamora, the most boring character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Gamora shouldn't be cut, she should be written. She's a potentially interesting character portrayed by a talented actor, she was just painfully under-written.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Well, maybe Cap wouldn't have gone against Tony this time, in that hypothetically acceptable compromise. But that's the thing right? Steve said it himself: he's never gonna ignore something if he thinks it's wrong, so what happens the next time they're forced into a difficult situation like this -- because there will always be a next time -- and things don't get resolved in the exact acceptable way that Steve would be able to bear? Especially if it hinges on Tony to find that compromise, because the fact is that, for all Tony's fancy give-and-take speeches about ideology, he's just as hard-line uncompromising about things as Cap is and gets just as testy when things don't go precisely the way he likes.

All that said, I don't think the film is saying that the dichotomy between their ideologies and personal interests are really as drastic as all that, but that there's necessarily a point where personal interests will fundamentally win out, and that's true for everyone and not just Cap and Tony.

Man, this was a good film.

Civil War is about incredibly flawed characters refusing to recognize their own flaws and imposing it on the other party. If they had an ounce of reflection, Zemo's plan wouldn't have worked at all.

What's working against them is the whole idea of punch em movies. Tony can't wait around and be reasonable and measured because there's a robot about to destroy New York or a terrorist is about to release a virus into the Vienna water lines. So they clash and fight, which is their strength, and ultimately the source of their own inevitable downfall.

This is exactly like a tragedy.

EDIT:

teagone posted:

https://twitter.com/dceufacts/status/753809579813670913
:allears:

Gal looks amazing. Really hope the WW trailer drops at Comic-Con and they release it online.

[edit] High-res versions

Costumes usually suck in these types of pictures. That is a great loving costume.

EDIT 2:

SlimGoodbody posted:

Tim Gunn's begun lightly stirring the hype pot for GotG2

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/753827968665853952

Who's the guy in the air right of Drax and tiny Groot?

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 15, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

rantmo posted:

Gamora shouldn't be cut, she should be written. She's a potentially interesting character portrayed by a talented actor, she was just painfully under-written.

Surprisingly weak for a James Gunn movie, yeah.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Shageletic posted:

Who's the guy in the air right of Drax and tiny Groot?

Yondu?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Surely with three female characters they will be forced to develop their personalities a little more, if only to differentiate them.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Please have Groot be tiny for the entire film.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You know he's going to Hulk Out at some point.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Who's that woman with the tassel legs? It's been a while since I saw GotG and never really read the books. Obviously it's not Kitty Pride, so I have no idea.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Mantis

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Could you post these pics thanks.

Here you go.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Movie is already better than BvS because it actually has a color palette.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Supposed to be more GotG2 stuff here:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/15/guardians-galaxy-vol-2-concept-art-mantis

... but it's not loading for me.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chaos Hippy posted:

Here you go.

You posted the same pic four times friend.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

his name is right there

Hahaha poo poo, I knew I shouldn't have been posting at 2 in the morning

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Really glad that Mantis is going to be in Guardians 2.

Not exactly sold on Wonder Woman yet, but knowing me, I'll probably go see it no matter how good/bad it is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope the script has more confidence in the other characters, because GotG 1 was very heavily focused on Quill, and everyone else suffered, but now with he firmly established, they can give Gamora and others more to do.

So I was thinking, if X-men rights reverted back to Marvel for whatever reason, would it be better to just start fresh with an entirely new cast or try to build on what's already established. For this experiment, lets say that because of AoApoc's failure to live up to previous installments makes Fox realize it wants sweet Disney Dollars right now, so Gambit, Deadpool 2, whatever Totally Rad 90s Xmen movie is called and so on do not exist. I'd start over, have the new films focus on a new younger team that is a mix of the classic, modern and contemporary teams, with my choices being Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Iceman and Storm. Beast would function like he does in the current films, but more of a teacher than just the tech guy. Magneto would be similar to his current incarnation, not exactly a villain, but not a hero, and the stories would more focus on stuff like Sentinels, Purifiers and Sinister.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I guess I'd mix. The current X-Men movies are focusing on the past few decades anyways so you could keep that stuff in the loose "canon" but set your movies in a bit more modern times. It benefits from giving you some established background but also gives you freedom to do whatever you want. Outside of Deadpool I don't think we've seen the modern X-Men movie universe post-time travel retcon.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I never want to see another wolverine ever. gently caress wolverine.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Ignite Memories posted:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I probably should have specified I meant current Wolverine, not Old Man Logan.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
As long as there's no focus whatsoever on Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, or the Phoenix. If those boxes are checked, I'll give any X-Men pitch a chance.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Clearly they should make an MCU X-Men movie with Mojo as the main villain.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Ignite Memories posted:

Give me Laura Kinney (sans NYX) and I'm perfectly content.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

If Disney somehow inexplicably got the X-Men rights back, creatively speaking, I'd be most excited if they took the mutants that work outside of the X-Men (so like, Dazzler and X-23 and Sunspot and Rogue and Deadpool and Kitty Pryde) and just slotted them into the current MCU without much fanfare. At this point I'm completely disinterested in mutant-centric stories and especially the X-Men over just placing the best mutants (which are all mutants that work away from the Academy or mutant-centric teams) into positions of power in the MCU.

Like if Sunspot just fuckin' showed up and was like "Hey you know how Hydra sucks poo poo? I bought them and made them public and not terrible, you're welcome Steve Rogers," that would own super hard.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Probably Magic posted:

Don't worry, they'll remove that in post

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Retro Futurist posted:

Don't worry, they'll remove that in post

Yeah like, I am actually pretty hype for WW and I still have hope that it's going to be good, but these are set pics. If you look at set pics from BvS you might be amazed to learn that the grey parts of Superman's costume are actually blue. I think WW looks great but it remains to be seen if they let the movie actually be that colorful.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Looks like Yondu's mohawk is taller and more fin-like like it is in the comics instead of the short flat one from the first movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess the way they did it in the first one does make it pretty simple to explain a replacement.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Travis343 posted:

Yeah like, I am actually pretty hype for WW and I still have hope that it's going to be good, but these are set pics. If you look at set pics from BvS you might be amazed to learn that the grey parts of Superman's costume are actually blue. I think WW looks great but it remains to be seen if they let the movie actually be that colorful.

I feel like the initial leaks from BvS made it pretty clear that the final product was going to be drab as hell, while that fourth pic in the WW collection looks like an okay movie still.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dacap posted:

Looks like Yondu's mohawk is taller and more fin-like like it is in the comics instead of the short flat one from the first movie.

It's just concept art. That doesn't necessarily mean it's how it'll be in the movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Probably Magic posted:

BvS and Man of Steel both lied about how colorful they'd be in promo stills.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
e: too rowdy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Sep 11, 2016

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Jealous of your mantis shrimp eyes

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Here, next time just post this, and everybody can fill in the blanks themselves. Save us all some time.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Travis343 posted:

Here, next time just post this, and everybody can fill in the blanks themselves. Save us all some time.

So have you figured out how MoS and BvS are not colourful?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Unkempt posted:

Supposed to be more GotG2 stuff here:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/15/guardians-galaxy-vol-2-concept-art-mantis

... but it's not loading for me.

That stuff about Groot sounds really sad. Like an existential crisis. If he doesn't have his memories and experiences, is he even still Groot? I mean granted he'll clarify that within a few seconds of conversation.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

*black image with two light-almost-white blue dots*

Very colorful!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Endless Mike posted:

*black image with two light-almost-white blue dots*

Very colorful!

They are actually blue and how can you get more colorful than one color?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gears of War was a very colorful game. It had brown AND gray!

• Locked thread