Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
TOS ESD sells common-level TOS Fed gear up to Mark 9, and it is unbound. It also sells BOFF manuals, but those are bound.

TOS Era Mobs in any mission can drop TOS style Disruptor and Plasma weapons as well. Both ground and space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I know Cryptic are idiots but I imagine a future patch will add 23c ESD as a separate hub for TOS characters

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Probably that station that got sucked into a timehole during the ToS missions.

Also, the Kahn gun makes cutscenes better.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

A Fancy Bloke posted:

I know Cryptic are idiots but I imagine a future patch will add 23c ESD as a separate hub for TOS characters
Yeah, for all of Cryptic's faults they're usually really good at keeping stuff like that accessible. I imagine there was a plan to that got cut for time so we'll probably see a station/vendor next month.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Asimo posted:

Yeah, for all of Cryptic's faults they're usually really good at keeping stuff like that accessible. I imagine there was a plan to that got cut for time so we'll probably see a station/vendor next month.

Random 23c. ESD dude: "<character name>. I've heard of you. I heard you were dead..."

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Veotax posted:

Probably that station that got sucked into a timehole during the ToS missions.

Ya, they have to do something with K-13.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

they didn't update the models in night of the comet last I checked.
I ran it a couple of days ago, and I'm pretty sure they've switched to the updated model. Not going to re-run just to check, though. It's bad enough going through it once.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Burning_Monk posted:

Ya, they have to do something with K-13.

K-13 is the Babylon 4 of Star Trek.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Technical Analysis posted:

K-13 is the Babylon 4 of Star Trek.

My thoughts exactly when it happened. :nerdbump:

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
What exactly is the difference between 23c skills and their future equivalents ?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

MREBoy posted:

What exactly is the difference between 23c skills and their future equivalents ?

FX mostly. TOS Mortars look like Mortars. grenades look different. Medical Tricorder uses the TOS tricorder model.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

The Contraband DOFF assignment cool down is increasing to 20 hours.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tuskin38 posted:

That's totally going to fix the problem with too much dil and not enough dil sinks in the game. /sarcasm

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Since I think it's bad economic policy I'll just consider it a mercy gesture towards anyone stuck in the 4 hour loop as I once found myself for a short while.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Tuskin38 posted:

FUUUUUUUU.... this game.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
At least it's not all bad:

Patch notes of DOOOOMM! posted:

Players will once again dance when a Party Bomb is deployed.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

Ad nothing changes for Technical. I knew being lazy and turning in once a day, if that, would eventually pay off in a lack of disappointment.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Lately that mission fails for me every time I run it anyway which I just assumed was a stealth nerf.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Seriously? Stop using white doffs you putz. A green security officer is enough to get a 100% success rate last I checked, and if not, a blue certainly is. Go buy one off the exchange and stop wasting contraband.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Oh sorry, I was thinking of the mission to get contraband from your crew, not the mission to turn it in for dillzzz.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Asimo posted:

Should have had you and your ship get transported into the future along with K-13 instead of faking your death.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

So we're getting another playable Cardassian ship Soon™. A Keldon.

It was found in Foundry with an updated model and texture.

I'm guessing either a R&D Promo or Winter Event

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 16, 2016

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

Should have had you and your ship get transported into the future along with K-13 instead of faking your death.

They should have made that station K-4 to set up a joke about the first three disappearing and K-5 replacing it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Quote is not Edit

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Hello friends I am drunk

Please like my skill builds

Please

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
How good is Star Trek on the line

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Come play Star Trek my
Lord

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

Hello friends I am drunk

Please like my skill builds

Please

Scale those images down by like... at least 50%

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mondian posted:

Scale those images down by like... at least 50%

Ok mate I will do this

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Well, let's see what this guide looks like.

Name on the Wiki is Bloodly.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Tuskin38 posted:

Thanks for letting me know to never log into this lovely game again.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

This is of course their one solution to dilithium inflation. :hurr:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asimo posted:

This is of course their one solution to dilithium inflation. :hurr:

Nationalise dilithium

Asimo pls look at skill guide

Druk pla look at guide

New guy I will let you into the wiki tomorrow because right now I am shitfaced

Mondian if this guide meets your needs I will be so happy, I just bloody love to write about Star Trek on the line

Trendy pls post in thread be our friend

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Just

Fuckin

How good is just hitting fire at will and smoking dudes in space

Scratches a fuckin itch

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mondian here is my question

How are you so rich

So you have a plan to build a walking the neutral zone and make new Romulus pay for it

Yuuuuuuuuge

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Today in 'waaaa I hate JJTrek':

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1218988/graphics-mod-to-fix-some-issues

quote:

I was wondering whether it might be possible to implement a graphics mod into STO for those players who don't want to look at Abrams Trek content which has recently cropped up all over the place.

Many of us are Star Trek fans from way back when and would like to see a game that looks and feels like Star Trek, not like that mean-spireted parody put out by Abrams et al.

It's not just that the Abrams ships are ugly (which they are, in my opinion), it's that they all look like they took something good, then distorted and perverted it so it would look askew. At first glance, they look like a ship that might belong into the Star Trek universe. But once you look closer, you realise they don't really because there's so much wrong with them in many unmentionable ways.

Would it be possible to get a graphics mod which replaces all the Abrams Trek content in game with other visuals that look and feel like they belong here?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Cool, I reported them for soliciting/requesting a game client mod.

What an idiot.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

This is of course their one solution to dilithium inflation

The final solution :godwin:

SKY COQ posted:

Mondian here is my question

How are you so rich

So you have a plan to build a walking the neutral zone and make new Romulus pay for it

Yuuuuuuuuge

Who said I was rich? I'm a space pleb like the rest of you :wotwot:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Rich in friendship. Well, acquaintanceship. Vaguely tolerated by people. Kind of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I am a gentleman of renowned wit and sagacity.

• Locked thread