Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Design Fanfiction will continue until the lovely argument stops

Thank you, Vox, for using your powers for good.

Jesus Christ, you spergs.

Bort Bortles posted:

I just recently tried out the Eagle Heavy Rifle (I think thats its name? I havent played in a few days because I just moved). I have it modded out to have 100 Stability and Accuracy, using it on Autofire with Body Expertise Aced and everything (non-specials, anyway) dies in two shots unless I am unlucky and they have like 3 health left. I used to use the Gewehr 3 and really really liked it, but I think the Eagle is better.

I am thinking of doing a Shotgun build when I get to play again though because they seem like so much fun. Would probably do Incendiary ammo on my Primary and Flechette on my Secondary.

I found I prefer the Falcon to the Eagle (mostly because of the extended magazine), but it can be a real pain early on because the mods are achievement-locked. The Eagle's actually really handy if you don't want to faff about with Jewelry Store and just want to get to shooting cops after an infamy - it's available at level 0 and possibly the best gun in the game at that point.

If you're going Shotguns, keep in mind there's a LOT of really good ways to go with it. Right now I'm running:
- Silenced Steakout (000)/Silenced Judge (HE) with LBV Anarchist
- Joceline (flechette)/Judge (HE) with the classic ICTV Muscle techforcer
- Mosconi (flechette)/Judge (HE) on a Sneaky Bastard Rogue
- Breaker (Dragons Breath)/Loco (000) on an ICTV Infiltrator
- Raven (flechette)/Judge (Dragons Breath) on a Sneaky Bastard Crook

They're just so drat flexible. I do find that the mid-range ones like the M1014 and Reinfeld kinda fall flat, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Coolguye posted:

stripe might work, actually, yeah. my company is part of the stripe connect program where you basically build some platform on top of stripe and it all flows through pretty painlessly. separating our clients' funds from ours has been effortless because we only ever see our cut of commerce that goes through our platform.

that's awesome, i loving love stripe. built in PCI and great API for 2.9% +.30 and no fees is crazy. i have no idea how they haven't dominated the market yet. especially when paypal sucks so violently.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

The core of the "why content-makers can't get paid" is that it's too hard for Valve/insufficiently profitable to institute a system. According to Coolguye, at least. Apparently that justifies not compensating people who produce profit for you. Hint: it shouldn't.

oh that's cool. you didn't answer my question at all, nor did you back up your weird comment about "regulatory compliance" or whatever. moreover, i think if you stop frothing at the mouth and throwing together important sounding words at random you'll find i actually agree with you on principle.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

that's awesome, i loving love stripe. built in PCI and great API for 2.9% +.30 and no fees is crazy. i have no idea how they haven't dominated the market yet. especially when paypal sucks so violently.
haha oh my god i remember the weekend i coded a payment integration for paypal to integrate into our platform

loving 60 hours of my life i will never get back and even then it never worked right because paypal is allergic to working with other people (also their documentation is loving terrible).

Soral
May 30, 2009

all the skins in the work shop right now are ugly and terrible boring pieces of poo poo and im glad nobody is going to be compensated for them actually

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tempest_56 posted:

Jesus Christ, you spergs.

I found I prefer the Falcon to the Eagle (mostly because of the extended magazine), but it can be a real pain early on because the mods are achievement-locked. The Eagle's actually really handy if you don't want to faff about with Jewelry Store and just want to get to shooting cops after an infamy - it's available at level 0 and possibly the best gun in the game at that point.

If you're going Shotguns, keep in mind there's a LOT of really good ways to go with it. Right now I'm running:
- Silenced Steakout (000)/Silenced Judge (HE) with LBV Anarchist
- Joceline (flechette)/Judge (HE) with the classic ICTV Muscle techforcer
- Mosconi (flechette)/Judge (HE) on a Sneaky Bastard Rogue
- Breaker (Dragons Breath)/Loco (000) on an ICTV Infiltrator
- Raven (flechette)/Judge (Dragons Breath) on a Sneaky Bastard Crook

They're just so drat flexible. I do find that the mid-range ones like the M1014 and Reinfeld kinda fall flat, though.
Oh drat, thanks for all of the info. I'll have to check out the Falcon. Now that I have money, Gage Coins, and understand the skills and hiests I have been progressively sampling new guns. I'll check the Falcon out so I can work on the achievements since achievement runs seem to be fun if you do them with goons that know what they are doing, and the ones that know what they are doing seem to enjoy helping dumbshits like me have fun/get achievements.

I have become addicted to having health regen and an HE Judge as my secondary :\ I just love popping shields so easily, taking helmets off of Dozers, and killing tightly grouped cops so easily. Oh and killing hostages by accident because HE and getting tazed/shooting at clumps of cops.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

oh that's cool. you didn't answer my question at all, nor did you back up your weird comment about "regulatory compliance" or whatever. moreover, i think if you stop frothing at the mouth and throwing together important sounding words at random you'll find i actually agree with you on principle.

I recognize that we agree on principle. Am I not correct, though, in noting that the argument is that it might be too hard for Valve to meet the regulations that would govern compensating contributors?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Coolguye, as much as I know you hate me and think I'm some kind of "sperging retarded human being friend of the family furry with aids" or whatever, I'm honestly wanting to to read your opinion on the matter. Pop me a PM, or post it here please. I'm rather curious.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I'm still of the mind that OVK could still just credit a dlc, a copy of the game, or even just give the creator a mint condition version of the skin rather than take part in each penny transaction.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

Coolguye, as much as I know you hate me and think I'm some kind of "sperging retarded human being friend of the family furry with aids" or whatever, I'm honestly wanting to to read your opinion on the matter. Pop me a PM, or post it here please. I'm rather curious.

i do not hate you

like even a little bit

i'll pm it to you when i have a couple to write it out though, there's no way i'm posting the entire thing here for obvious reasons

I recognize that we agree on principle. Am I not correct, though, in noting that the argument is that it might be too hard for Valve to meet the regulations that would govern compensating contributors?

there are multiple facets to the implementation problem, which i bulleted out

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Since we're on the subject, the latest additions to my inventory.

Definitely dig the little extra on the see more sight of the AK5.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Coolguye posted:

there are multiple facets to the implementation problem, which i bulleted out

Sure, but the issue is largely the same. Is it reasonable to exclude the content creator from profiting if it is too hard to do so? I say no. They're the one driving the production of value, after all.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Sure, but the issue is largely the same. Is it reasonable to exclude the content creator from profiting if it is too hard to do so? I say no.

then suggest a reasonable solution

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Coolguye posted:

It's not really his job to solve all the evils of the unpaid labor world in the Payday 2 thread.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to talk about Payday 2 and what the taste of BBQ human flesh is like.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's not really his job to solve all the evils of the unpaid labor world in the Payday 2 thread.
Not emptyquoting. Take it to PMs or something I dont think anyone else gives a poo poo.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Coolguye posted:

Explore the system Merc suggested. Workshop skins aren't tradeable. Or treat them as client-side mods, like many appearance skins. Or explore a way to sync them.

Or, you know, just don't do it at all if it can't be done ethically.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

ok so we're admitting to simply being

in here

i'm fine with that, continue

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

Not emptyquoting. Take it to PMs or something I dont think anyone else gives a poo poo.

"People are talking about a facet of a subject that I don't like!" :qq:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Bort Bortles posted:

Oh drat, thanks for all of the info. I'll have to check out the Falcon. Now that I have money, Gage Coins, and understand the skills and hiests I have been progressively sampling new guns. I'll check the Falcon out so I can work on the achievements since achievement runs seem to be fun if you do them with goons that know what they are doing, and the ones that know what they are doing seem to enjoy helping dumbshits like me have fun/get achievements.

This is a good thing to do, once you've got the basics down like that. There's some drat good guns that don't get brought up often (I quite like the AK5, which is criminally underrated), and it's well worth playing a couple of heists with everything just to get a feel for it. If you're in for the long haul, that's a couple hundred hours. Using the same 2-3 guns over and over gets dull.

quote:

I have become addicted to having health regen and an HE Judge as my secondary :\ I just love popping shields so easily, taking helmets off of Dozers, and killing tightly grouped cops so easily. Oh and killing hostages by accident because HE and getting tazed/shooting at clumps of cops.

That's because the Judge is an absolutely amazing weapon and I have no idea how it hasn't been nerfed. It was my standard, near 100% of the time secondary for a drat long time - it's only been deposed because there's more ways to deal with shields now, but I still have it on a good third of my builds.

Health regen is pretty nice, but since the revamp there's also more ways to get it. Running Rogue/Crook/Anarchist is a lot better since Hostage Taker is pretty easy to get your hands on, and Sociopath/Infiltrator have that on-demand melee heal that works great if you're already in close quarters with a shotgun (or the like).

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Sure, but the issue is largely the same. Is it reasonable to exclude the content creator from profiting if it is too hard to do so? I say no. They're the one driving the production of value, after all.

I'm all for compensating fan content but let's remember, this is Overkill's IP. They have no obligation whatsoever to even allow anyone to create derivative works, let alone publish and integrate those works into the game. These creators are voluntarily making things they know they can't possibly sell. Overkill is responding to fan enthusiasm by trying to include them in the process, which is imo a Good Move for just about any company to make. The fact that Steam Workshop has a secondary market isn't actually their fault and the amount of money we're talking about is laughable.

They should totally toss them a bone but let's not pretend they're ripping off original content here. You may own the rights to your Hoxton slash fic but you can't legally sell it without dealing with Overkill.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Coolguye posted:

ok so we're admitting to simply being

in here

i'm fine with that, continue

Drewjitsu posted:

Take a break, coolguye.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Bort Bortles posted:

I am usually running Shock and Awe because I am usually running Iron Man Basic because I am still bad at this game and go down too easily yet do not like being a slow rear end turtle in the ICTV - does each shotgun pellet roll the RNG to knock back a shield? I like the idea of having Buckshot or Dragon's Breath in my Primary and Flechette in the Locomotive or something.
I think it works something like that, yeah. During the few hours I played around with it, I don't think I saw a single instance of a shield not staggering from my first shot. Sometimes they staggered in such a way that the shield was still in the way, but overall aced shock and awe makes killing shields a breeze.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

What is a cool machine gun build to try out with a perkdeck to compliment it?

You've helped derail the thread from cool and fun ideas about playing crime simulator 2016 to protest a system that while not perfect, isn't as horribly exploitative as you keep trying to paint it in the pursuit of trying to be the guy that is right(tm).

Basically I don't think I'd ever find someone on the forum to put on my ignore list that wasn't actively bigoted/racist.

Have a good day friend and learn to let it go when someone doesn't agree with you. :)

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 15, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Actually at least half a dozen people have asked the thread's derail to stop because its a nonsense argument that has no place in a comedy forum about a police shooting videogame. For the past three pages you have continued to go on about it and prove why you have a red text avatar. If you want to continue to debate the point with the same one or two people, take it to PMs, that is not a lot to ask. I'm not trying to flame you, or own you, or shame you; I am saying that you are perpetuating an argument that the majority of the posters in this thread do not care about/feel that the issue was talked about enough/feel that the debate has been run into the ground. Because boy howdy you sure owned me with that response!

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

Actually at least half a dozen people have asked the thread's derail to stop because its a nonsense argument that has no place in a comedy forum about a police shooting videogame. For the past three pages you have continued to go on about it and prove why you have a red text avatar. If you want to continue to debate the point with the same one or two people, take it to PMs, that is not a lot to ask. I'm not trying to flame you, or own you, or shame you; I am saying that you are perpetuating an argument that the majority of the posters in this thread do not care about/feel that the issue was talked about enough/feel that the debate has been run into the ground. Because boy howdy you sure owned me with that response!

I'm not here to entertain anyone, or to discuss only what a majority of the thread deems acceptable. I know it's hard to grasp, but you need not read every post in a thread.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tempest_56 posted:

This is a good thing to do, once you've got the basics down like that. There's some drat good guns that don't get brought up often (I quite like the AK5, which is criminally underrated), and it's well worth playing a couple of heists with everything just to get a feel for it. If you're in for the long haul, that's a couple hundred hours. Using the same 2-3 guns over and over gets dull.

That's because the Judge is an absolutely amazing weapon and I have no idea how it hasn't been nerfed. It was my standard, near 100% of the time secondary for a drat long time - it's only been deposed because there's more ways to deal with shields now, but I still have it on a good third of my builds.

Health regen is pretty nice, but since the revamp there's also more ways to get it. Running Rogue/Crook/Anarchist is a lot better since Hostage Taker is pretty easy to get your hands on, and Sociopath/Infiltrator have that on-demand melee heal that works great if you're already in close quarters with a shotgun (or the like).
Yeah I see a lot of people use the Judge and I was leery about it at first but now I completely understand.

Nordick posted:

I think it works something like that, yeah. During the few hours I played around with it, I don't think I saw a single instance of a shield not staggering from my first shot. Sometimes they staggered in such a way that the shield was still in the way, but overall aced shock and awe makes killing shields a breeze.
I hate wasting ammo trying to try to get them to stagger which is why I switched to using the Judge for it, but I may have to try hitting a shield with buckshot when I have Shock and Awe to see if a shotgun build i put together does not require HE.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm not here to entertain anyone, or to discuss only what a majority of the thread deems acceptable. I know it's hard to grasp, but you need not read every post in a thread.
Except its a derail? I'll just put you on ignore and stop worrying about it. Have a nice day!

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Tempest_56 posted:

Thank you, Vox, for using your powers for good.

How is fighting shitposting with more shitposting "using powers for good?" It's just more chaff to scroll through.

Also hey if you get a Christmas safe drop it won't be tradable or marketable but the skin within will be, dunno if that's going to apply to the other previously event-only safes.

Shanks jesus christ dude come on

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

SaffronKit posted:

What is a cool machine gun build to try out with a perkdeck to compliment it?

A machine gun build doesn't take much more than everything in Oppressor sans Heavy Impact, pretty much everything else is up to you. For the perk deck, assuming you're not going for some crazy hybrid dodge thing, I'd go with Muscle for the panic chance (on top of being a good pick in general) plus ICTV. The only real variation beyond that is adding silencer perks for even more DMG/ACC/STB (though keep in mind silent guns don't proc Muscle's panic effect). If you really want you can also sneak in a few extra skills from Sharpshooter since not all of them are locked to single fire guns.

Which gun(s) to use is a bit up in the air. The Buzzsaw is generally considered the best LMG with the KSP a close second (not to be confused with the freebie one), but there's merits to both the RPK and Brenner.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 15, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I like Heavy Impact with LMGs since the knockdown effect on Cloakers nullifies the threat they pose to you due to a machinegun's inherent inaccuracy. Although taking Body Expertise (even basic) will help you just as much most of the time.

The free KSP58 is basically a regular KSP modded for damage. It's got a much slower reload speed though, so the paid DLC KSP wins out there.

My "does most things" Masterforcer, built with both shotguns and machineguns in mind: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mACEfr:eaCDeFGHjkLNpr:tmNoR:gjlr:fr:ibcdea:pM8:::

You could go deeper into the Oppressor tree if you wanted to go all in on automatics. Probably something like this: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mACEfr:eFGHjkLmNPr:tMNOR:gjlr:ibcdea:pM8:::

If you wanted you could take the points from Bullet Storm and Fully Loaded into Fire Control but I don't find Fire Control all that useful.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 15, 2016

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Jesus christ this thread got tense. While i dont know an ideal way to make sure everyone gets their due i love the idea of comunity skins. I love the payday community and the work thats done by people in it.

Hell i literally cant play the game without goonmod. If anything encourages the community to keep being awesome im for it.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
For the love of God lock this thread & let's never talk about payday 2 again.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Is the AA12 strong enough now with just 000 and shotgun skills? I love it but I haven't tried it without giving up the warm and fuzzy security blanket of berserker and wondered what you thought.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is the AA12 strong enough now with just 000 and shotgun skills? I love it but I haven't tried it without giving up the warm and fuzzy security blanket of berserker and wondered what you thought.

Everything works without Berserker.

Give up Berserker.

You save so many loving points. I hate that it took me as long as it did for me to ditch Berserker.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

UnknownMercenary posted:

Give up Berserker.

You save so many loving points. I hate that it took me as long as it did for me to ditch Berserker.
I havent tried Berserker yet, but I have been trying to get away from having all of my skills in gun/armor skills so I have team-helping skills other than double ammo bags that are double-stuffed (e.g. I would like to find a way to get Inspire into my builds, though that will become easier in time as I get more infamy levels).

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

UnknownMercenary posted:

Give up Berserker.

Correction: Berserker is the best skill in the game and so is Frenzy :colbert:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Second Wind ace is a great support skill and generally pretty easy to pick up if you enjoy that fuzzy feeling of helping your team. The speed boost is incredible.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Correction: Berserker is the best skill in the game and so is Frenzy :colbert:

I hope they patch it soon because while I like it I'd like to try it when it isn't broken.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 15, 2016

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I like Heavy Impact with LMGs since the knockdown effect on Cloakers nullifies the threat they pose to you due to a machinegun's inherent inaccuracy. Although taking Body Expertise (even basic) will help you just as much most of the time.

If you wanted you could take the points from Bullet Storm and Fully Loaded into Fire Control but I don't find Fire Control all that useful.

:colbert:

I might have to try that do-everything build sometime though.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I just don't think the accuracy boost helps that much when I already go for low accuracy/high stability with my machineguns. Plus, in that specific 'do everything' build I also use shotguns, where I don't want extra accuracy since that skill applies to all guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Talkc posted:

Hell i literally cant play the game without goonmod. If anything encourages the community to keep being awesome im for it.

I used to feel like this but I've built up a bunch of standalone BLT mods for everything I really need from Goonmod. I really only use GM for the body delimiter, gagecoins, and laser colors.

The body delimiter is this close to being absolutely necessary, but thankfully Poco has one too.