Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is best in life?
This poll is closed.
Idols 44 15.22%
Baps 77 26.64%
Robots 72 24.91%
3d 38 13.15%
Touhous 58 20.07%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

I mean I feel so weak every day maybe I do need more blood
you need blood? I got all the blood you need *opens trenchcoat*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm gonna fuckin buy a hair straightener tomorrow because I am sick of curly hair

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yes, they're largely caused by the lining inside your nose drying out, because the skin there is incredibly thin and there are blood vessels very close to the surface. Also caused by directly damaging that skin (by e.g. blowing your nose too much).

Yeah, so living in a warm wet climate like Florida makes those rare.

voltcatfish posted:

I'm gonna fuckin buy a hair straightener tomorrow because I am sick of curly hair

My solution was always to cut it off, less socially acceptable for women to do that though.

E:Also super doesn't sound like your MO.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

You should probably stop wildly spending your money.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Davincie posted:

u kno that happens irl too right, why did our kid die but they lived and so on?

Yeah maybe I am out of touch, but the mindset is just straight-up not understandable to me. Like, I don't get mad at suicide survivors just because my sister killed herself, I don't even get how you get to that point.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

This is getting into ~extended universe~ stuff, but the keyword section on G's site mentions that more people died from trampling and other violence among the crowd than the actual Noise attack.

Under "The Concert Tragedy and the Tachibana Family": http://symphogear.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-complete-symphogear-g-keyword.html?m=1

RME
Feb 20, 2012

meltyblood's at evo, as a side game
evo is saved

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a cartoon duck posted:

it only just dawned on me that Hibiki is Naruto, and if Chris is Shadow the Hedgehog, what does that make Tsubasa?

Knuckles the Knuckles

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Yeah maybe I am out of touch, but the mindset is just straight-up not understandable to me. Like, I don't get mad at suicide survivors just because my sister killed herself, I don't even get how you get to that point.

To be a little fair they're also living in a world where invincible monsters can spontaneously appear anywhere and kill people on contact.

The way Hibiki was treated was still super hosed up though, and is why she has such massive survivor's guilt.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

RME posted:

meltyblood's at evo, as a side game
evo is saved

Link the stream.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

chumbler posted:

You should probably stop wildly spending your money.

My appearance is extremely important to me

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

voltcatfish posted:

:hfive:

a cartoon duck posted:

It's more of a mindset of "What were you thinking? You don't have any respect for the value of your life? To yourself or others like your family? gently caress you!" without considering that person's own mindset of being a burden, of being in pain, of suffering and existential crisis.

I haven't gotten around to watching Symphogear yet (It's on the list), so if these are off base relative to the show, then never mind what I'm saying.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Link the stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/numakie

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

You should watch UNIEL though

https://www.twitch.tv/logichole

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I'm not watching any of the main events at evo, give me more anime

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Erg posted:

I'm not watching any of evo, give me more anime

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Erg posted:

You should watch UNIEL though

https://www.twitch.tv/logichole

ty, Erg.

The EVO side stuff is always interesting but hard to find, it's a shame.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Motto posted:

This is getting into ~extended universe~ stuff, but the keyword section on G's site mentions that more people died from trampling and other violence among the crowd than the actual Noise attack.

Under "The Concert Tragedy and the Tachibana Family": http://symphogear.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-complete-symphogear-g-keyword.html?m=1

I guess that makes more sense, but it also reminds me of the Love Parade disaster a couple years back in Germany where several people were trampled to death. Unless I somehow miraculously missed all reporting to the contrary, most of the blame was levied at the city hosting the event for ignoring reports on the enormous safety risks regarding funneling a large mass of people into a narrow tunnel, rather than the people who survived the mass panic. So in this scenario it would be more like blaming the people funding a concert hall that can hold more than a hundred thousand people that's basically suspended in the sky, but skimped out on proper emergency exits to help their bottom line.

Julias posted:

It's more of a mindset of "What were you thinking? You don't have any respect for the value of your life? To yourself or others like your family? gently caress you!" without considering that person's own mindset of being a burden, of being in pain, of suffering and existential crisis.

I haven't gotten around to watching Symphogear yet (It's on the list), so if these are off base relative to the show, then never mind what I'm saying.

It's a personal thing rather than something 100% relevant to the show, so it's a bit off base yeah.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

maybe this is all just getting a bit too dark and i should keep watching until Hibiki punches monsters again and holds hands with Miku

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

maybe this is all just getting a bit too dark and i should keep watching until Hibiki punches monsters again and holds hands with Miku

You should definitely keep watching because G finishes strong and GX's opening is fantastic.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Oh I wasn't gonna stop anyway, I guess this just kinda hit a chord with me.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

voltcatfish posted:

I mean the stereotypical nosebleed is a stream of blood, right? For me it's just giant chunks of blood that fall and splatter into blood bits

It is probably not normal but hey I rarely get nosebleeds so

If you're getting big, blackish blobs of blood, that means your blood is clotting up in your nose and the nosebleed is ending. I've only had those at the end of long (I.e., hourish) nosebleeds I've had as a kid.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

voltcatfish posted:

Curly is cool.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Also cute.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Welp, there is a coup going on in Turkey.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a cartoon duck posted:

I'm going to be streaming G from 7 to the end in a couple hours. It sounds like you're about there, if you'd care to join.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm going to be streaming G from 7 to the end in a couple hours. It sounds like you're about there, if you'd care to join.

I'm two seconds into episode 7 so yeah I guess I'll wait for the stream

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chumbler posted:

Welp, there is a coup going on in Turkey.

On the one hand, the President was one step removed from a dictator.

On the other hand, military coups never end well, especially for the people...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kylra posted:

Curly is cool.

Curly is cute on some girls but certainly not me

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Julias posted:

actually can end well fucker, learn some loving history

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Julias posted:

"One step removed" is being generous, really. But yeah, this is unlikely to go well.

I imagine I'll read about a lot of Germans being happy to be rid of Erdogan tomorrow, though.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie posted:

actually can end well fucker, learn some loving history

yeah man they always did great here in latin america *in doctor evil voice* not!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

bring back the house of osman

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

But yeah, this is unlikely to go well.

it's not going to so well for the military coup right now.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

smell this posted:

it's not going to so well for the military coup right now.

Guess Erdogan is gonna use this incident to declare himself indisputed godking of Turkey then.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

El Burbo posted:

i prefer my blood to remain inside me

Donating is good for your soul.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Go watch guiltygear on srkevo3.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

yeah man they always did great here in latin america *in doctor evil voice* not!

Brazil is like, the premier example of "Oh, is it that time again? For another military coup?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

So many good Anime Avs in D&D!?

• Locked thread