Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it's really, really hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lamebot posted:

Whoever's making this show has no idea what they're doing with the pacing.

It's all around bad

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like what the gently caress is the appeal unless you are a spazz who has to consume the same story over and over again and don't care about its craft.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I can kinda sorta understand the people who are watching this to laugh at how bad it is.

I can't understand anyone who's holding out for it to turn good or improve.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Just reread the manga and play the game when it comes out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Schadenfreude is a beautiful thing

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'm still enjoying it regardless and holding out for an improvement. It's not the Berserk I wanted but it's still Berserk and therefore cool.

I don't honestly expect it to improve and I harbor no delusion that it holds a candle to anything that's come before, but it's a fun diversion.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The original anime is still good and it's genuinely sad that a low budget, 90's show is still more entertaining and has better pacing than three movies and a modern TV series.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The low budget 90's show was probably higher budget than the low budget '16 show though. The pacing of the movies is pretty decent though.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I'm happy just to hear the voice acting. It's nice to have a voice for Puck and it's pretty close to the one I imagined him having :3:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Lamebot posted:

Whoever's making this show has no idea what they're doing with the pacing.

To the point that length of shots and camera movements seem really loving arbitrary and badly done. It's just a mess.

That might actually be my number one problem with the series. The pacing is so jarring. Camera movements are my second biggest issue. CG faces are third.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

So uh... how much farther does He go in the manga compared to what happened in ep3? Same question for the sword sex.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

No further. Though it's more explicitly framed and paced better than what the show did.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Ah, that's good. Well, I can at least hope CG Mozgus face is as entertaining as it is drawn. I just want that full hirasawa song dammit. Then I'll just go into reading the manga full tilt. I think that maybe the anime series would do better to try and just cover a single arc over the course of its 13/24 episode existence.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The best part is even with trash CG Mozgus's serene face will look totally legit 90% of the time because it already barely moves. His enraged face, on the other hand, that poo poo better be mostly hand-drawn.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I couldn't imagine someone watching this anime as their first exposure to the material and liking it at all.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

My first berserk experience was the first episode of the 90s anime, and then the first Golden Age movie on Netflix. The "rip and tear" vibe of the fights kept me going on this new one. But they're still animated badly. I'm pretty sad this isn't better.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

roflmao

:nws:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Five Nights at Freddy's 6 looking good

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm glad they are at least keeping the important parts of the manga.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

mabels big day posted:

I'm glad they are at least keeping the important parts of the manga.
Griffith's flowing white hair?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The teeth on the horse look better than some of the teeth on human characters

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

is guts actually aware that it's azan under that helmet or does he care

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Rape horse, the only character that can rival his hair.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Neigh.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Where the gently caress are her nipples

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Khagan posted:

For a moment there I thought Episode 3 cut straight to the Kushan invasion.
..Didn't they?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah, they show it at the end for a second. That shot was directly from the manga at that point in the story.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
For some reason I'm starting to like Inferno. Eh, it ain't the worst thing to like.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Oh the trauma of being licked to death by puppies a huge John Wayne nose mask table lamp. Don't look too close... and it looks like she has hooves instead of feet.

Just think of the fun we could have had with Gigeresque breasted jet engine Rosine with 20ft stinger, and bathing in egg sac fire fluid. Oh. Well.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So is the new anime right in that the Dragonslayer always sounds like a metal pipe hit something else made of metal whenever it swings? Guts just clangs around in every fight despite what he hits?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

It seems to be like that, but I don't remember it clanging off of the soldiers and skelebones.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Crabtree posted:

So is the new anime right in that the Dragonslayer always sounds like a metal pipe hit something else made of metal whenever it swings? Guts just clangs around in every fight despite what he hits?

It really doesn't make much sense to ring the way it does unless it is hollow. If it where a solid chunk of metal that size it would at most produce dull thuds on hitting most things. It might cause something else it hits to ring, like a helmet or something.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Deified Data posted:

If you pay close attention you can see them fully modeled in profile. They just didnt texture them.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Deified Data posted:

forget that, what the hell is up with her arms

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

ANIME AKBAR posted:

forget that, what the hell is up with her arms

Presumably tied behind her back.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Nomadic Scholar posted:

It seems to be like that, but I don't remember it clanging off of the soldiers and skelebones.

Even incorporeal spirits!

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

If nothing else, the 2016 anime will at least cover some story beats. Idk if I will watch it for more than that and Haaaaai Yo!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nomadic Scholar posted:

It clangs when it hits ghosts.

Just think about the mechanics at play there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I mean, it's basically a magic sword by now.