Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

Wrens are great, too. There's a pair that nest in a tree right outside my bedroom window, feasting on bugs attracted to the window at night.

I miss wren :(

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2986167

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Nckdictator posted:

'Eh, the guy gives a source. That said since it's secondhand you're likely right.

https://twitter.com/HorribleSanity/status/743557649652846593

The Clonmel Journal didn't exist until 1798, so I think the 1795 Hull Advertiser guy was just trying to be hilarious. Ly racist.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

You're not serious, are you? Here, from audubon.org - It’s Okay to Hate Starlings. You can google "Starlings are assholes" and get plenty of reading material. Seriously. gently caress Starlings. Straight. to. Hell. :colbert:

Cythereal posted:

Wrens are great, too. There's a pair that nest in a tree right outside my bedroom window, feasting on bugs attracted to the window at night.
Yea, love me some wrens too. Used to live out in the country and had a great multi-platform bird feeding setup because I like watching birds, but I'm a lazy goony goon. Now where I live there's not much in the way of bird watching, but lots of weird people to gawk at, so it's ok.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don't have an issue with sparrows, they're just the default bird that will be there if you look outside. At least in the Midwestern US.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Karma Monkey posted:

You're not serious, are you? Here, from audubon.org - It’s Okay to Hate Starlings. You can google "Starlings are assholes" and get plenty of reading material. Seriously. gently caress Starlings. Straight. to. Hell. :colbert:

I don't know, sounds to me like everybody else is a bunch of LOSERS who can't appreciate a HUGE, LUXURIOUS invasive species. :smugdon:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There's been a follow up to the ultra seagull story in South Wales

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That's it, that's the whole story.

Okay, there's one more picture of the dog watching the bear.

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/news-sierra/dog-watches-bear-roaming-south-lake-tahoe-neighborhood/40469688

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You know, when you think about it, aren't bears really just overgrown dogs?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Bears are indeed carnivorans and of the caniformia branch.

:eng101:

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Knormal posted:

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/news-sierra/dog-watches-bear-roaming-south-lake-tahoe-neighborhood/40469688

It's better news than anything on tv anyway.

In seagull journalism, seagull borrows camera, films beautiful coastline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHjyNNy_4Y

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Seagulls double posted this.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
As you probably know, there was a terror attack in the French city of Nice (pronounced "niece").

A large number of outlets haven't really considered what it looks like in print.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

As you probably know, there was a terror attack in the French city of Nice (pronounced "niece").

A large number of outlets haven't really considered what it looks like in print.

The 69/nice Twitter meme has made it difficult for me to feel the gravity of it all

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Karma Monkey posted:

Shame they are on the RSPB redlist in the UK, as well as sparrows and multitude of other birds. http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/birdsofconservationconcern4_tcm9-410743.pdf

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Geokinesis posted:

Shame they are on the RSPB redlist in the UK, as well as sparrows and multitude of other birds. http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/birdsofconservationconcern4_tcm9-410743.pdf

Starlings and English sparrows are invasive species here, so have your bird people come and get as many as they like. :patriot:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Henchman of Santa posted:

The 69/nice Twitter meme has made it difficult for me to feel the gravity of it all

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Noice

tiercel
Apr 22, 2008

Knormal posted:

https://youtu.be/9U4Ha9HQvMo

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm going to pretend he used to be an abused fighting dog that was thrown in a ditch after he lost, left for dead. And old woman found him and nursed him back to health. He wishes to stay with the kindly old lady and live a life of ease with tasty noms. But he cannot. Honor compiles him to track his previous owner across the country so no dog will ever suffer what he did at that man's hands. He must... BITE THE HAND THAT ONCE FED HIM.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

flosofl posted:

I'm going to pretend he used to be an abused fighting dog that was thrown in a ditch after he lost, left for dead. And old woman found him and nursed him back to health. He wishes to stay with the kindly old lady and live a life of ease with tasty noms. But he cannot. Honor compiles him to track his previous owner across the country so no dog will ever suffer what he did at that man's hands. He must... BITE THE HAND THAT ONCE FED HIM.

The Revenant with a dog instead of Leonardo DiCaprio. I'd watch that.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

flosofl posted:

No need for that, it's from The Onion.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

I know this isn't the thread for this, but, even though I never knew wren her posts have always really affected me. Easily the saddest story on the cavalcade of misery that is SA. I'm glad someone remembers her. Rest in peace.

Content,

ass struggle has a new favorite as of 06:53 on Jul 19, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, Florida Man!

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Official Report: Nuclear Waste Accident Caused by Wrong Cat Litter

Safety Biscuits has a new favorite as of 10:34 on Jul 20, 2016

schadenfraud
Nov 19, 2010

Oxfordshire's flying ants are miraculous, apparently

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Yaaaaay:

Not sure how the baby got an HGV license:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

a perfect excuse to repost this:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

china bot posted:

a perfect excuse to repost this:

Is there something I'm not seeing with this one, or is it just the Woman killed / Survivor's instinct juxtaposition?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Rollersnake posted:

Is there something I'm not seeing with this one, or is it just the Woman killed / Survivor's instinct juxtaposition?

It's chinabot's grandpa in the picture, so they have a bias towards it.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Understandable, I'd be biased in favor of my gramps too :3:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Don't go there, it's a site full of malware
(Is there a repository for those kinds of "left default on" mishaps? Like websites that keep the Lorem ipsum dolor... text after going live.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You see placeholders in article titles and stuff fairly often in Google News.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Good picture/caption choice this morning, CNN. Well done.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Is there a previous thread for this? And if so does anyone have the link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO