Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
So is this thread just composed of posts saying a new strip is up, and then a bunch of posts repeating lines from the comic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh wow. There is a vim plugin for intellij. This is a great day.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So is this thread just composed of posts saying a new strip is up, and then a bunch of posts repeating lines from the comic?

This thread is a celebration of the English language.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

There are also heated arguments about how much grudge holding is appropriate.

edit: and a guy drank some soda

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

thread legends speak of a long lost tome that offers up recipes

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

thread legends speak of a long lost tome that offers up recipes

No- there is another.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

holy poo poo....got'em

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What's this I keep hearing about a cookbook? Could somebody please explain it?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Buca di Bepis posted:

It is a book that is full of recipes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Buca di Bepis posted:

Years ago, preorders were solicited and collected for a book that was never printed.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I don't care about the cookbook, I just want Onstad to tell us once and for all what the gently caress Pat was doing in the Freekeh-Chia comic

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

tacodaemon posted:

I don't care about the cookbook, I just want Onstad to tell us once and for all what the gently caress Pat was doing in the Freekeh-Chia comic

Pat was being an rear end in a top hat in that strip, much like in 90% of all strips involving Pat.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I'd much rather see that arc with the weird banjo bug thing conclude.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Bongo Bill posted:

Years ago, preorders were solicited and collected for a book that was never printed.

And Onstad did not return the money, although he pretended he was going to a couple of times.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PantsOptional posted:

Pat was being an rear end in a top hat in that strip, much like in 90% of all strips involving Pat.

90%? Really? Fairly sure it's all of them, no exception.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

90%? Really? Fairly sure it's all of them, no exception.

What about the ones after his dick got electrocuted and he became Nice?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nice Pat wasn't Pat.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Pat was, well, not "nice," but you could say "a good friend" after Ray saw the Magreaux Dog.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09072006

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
He's also not above the friendly exchange of "yo mama" jokes.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

PantsOptional posted:

perhaps Pat's abduction-by-banjo isn't actually an unresolved storyline; perhaps he was just such an rear end in a top hat that the banjo dropped him of its' own accord

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

perhaps Pat's abduction-by-banjo isn't actually an unresolved storyline; perhaps he was just such an rear end in a top hat that the banjo dropped him of its' own accord

Once the banjo heard Pat's opinions on barbers it was just out of there like, immediately.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can someone please post "my old MAN's a barber you son of a bitch!" so that we can pretend this thread is a conversation and not merely a bunch of unconnected lines from the comic, woven into a complaint about cookbooks

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

These fuckers...all enjoying stuff together and talking about it.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

look at this cool guy

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

can someone please post "my old MAN's a barber you son of a bitch!" so that we can pretend this thread is a conversation and not merely a bunch of unconnected lines from the comic, woven into a complaint about cookbooks

If this car's a-rockin' then two barbers have no doubt broken in to commit lewd acts on each other

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Godless shirtlifters who lick their lips as they roger one another in... stairwells!

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
I don't think barbers SHOULD make much money!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It is not required to tip one's barber. The wages are sufficient to ward off death, if one is of sufficient thrift.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Don't go on the beach people! Don't go on the beach!

It's so perfectly Pat that he sees beaches as undesirable places.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
The middle cat is from circumstances.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:siren: NEW STRIP IS UP :siren:

Kind of a weak punchline but I enjoyed Ray's advice, especially regarding the baby bird.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i liked it

rays advice is great

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I'm golfing with a friend who's never golfed before next week, so I will be trotting out literally all of that.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
The most hideous thing about every snippet of Circumstances is that young Roast Beef is aware that his life is a nightmare.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

The most hideous thing about every snippet of Circumstances is that young Roast Beef is aware that his life is a nightmare.

I think it would be even worse if he thought that's just the way things were- which I think may be the case. Until he started to get glimpses into Ray's home life, anyway. You have to keep in mind that this is looking back his perspective as an adult who has had decades to stew on it.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Jesus that's depressing for a Friday morning.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Is this the only strip we've gotten showing how abusive Beef's mother was aside from the "that's what a loser does, he loses things" one? I was under the impression that most of the emotional abuse Beef dealt with came from Gramma K after his mom went to prison, but this finally stopped me wondering why Beef never contacts his mom.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Rollersnake posted:

Is this the only strip we've gotten showing how abusive Beef's mother was aside from the "that's what a loser does, he loses things" one? I was under the impression that most of the emotional abuse Beef dealt with came from Gramma K after his mom went to prison, but this finally stopped me wondering why Beef never contacts his mom.

Dear Mom
Do you remember how when I was six I was a modem for Halloween well guess what :)

Love
Roast Beef

PS I got shot by Ray again

Beef's mom also being abusive seems like it was a later development, most mentions of her early in the script just mention the poverty angle (And that she bought meth from the piano player at Neiman Marcus.)

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Wasn't it shown that she clothed baby Beef in a Wonder Bread bag with a cord wrapped around the top?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Assuming that woman was also verbally abusive is as much of a stretch as reaching for another fine Water Avenue Coffee Syrup, always kept within arm's reach.