Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

veedubfreak posted:

Stormcrows and Nova's are going to be the best use of your money. Because the price of the mech also includes the price of the upgrades like endo and doubles. Where on the IS mechs you still have to pay full price to upgrade the mech.

Gotcha...so I get 35% on the mech as well as 35% on the equipment already there. Makes sense. So far I loving hate pubbies today...granted I'm solo que'ing while getting quite intoxicated and trying to keep up with Turkey :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Gotcha...so I get 35% on the mech as well as 35% on the equipment already there. Makes sense. So far I loving hate pubbies today...granted I'm solo que'ing while getting quite intoxicated and trying to keep up with Turkey :(

I wouldn't get too worked up over Turkey. Military coups over there are a bit like constitutional amendments in the U.S.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Stop doing solo queues. For fucks sake, get in mumble, if you're bad you bring our level down.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Hey so, does anyone here both waiting for sales to buy mechbays, or are they random and rare enough that you really really shouldn't bother?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

A.o.D. posted:

I wouldn't get too worked up over Turkey. Military coups over there are a bit like constitutional amendments in the U.S.

I am aware of that. The fact that it likely failed and now they will go fully autocratic/authoritarian and pretty much seal the death of their opposition...never mind the internal Kurdish population. Discussion from elsewhere though.

veedubfreak posted:

Stop doing solo queues. For fucks sake, get in mumble, if you're bad you bring our level down.

I know I know :( never play solo :( I've been up and down all night doing other stuff so couldn't commit to a vaguely organized queue with y'all.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

SOOOOOOOoooooooo I should be aiming for Blackjacks, Hunchbacks, and Griffins while they are on sale for IS mediums, correct? Stormcrows and Nova's for Clan?

Grab a hunchback if you want to do IS scouting, they are beastly as gently caress for that and teres nothing like popping an AC20 round into a novas dumb head.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

To those of you still taking about Novae: Reconsider. Patch notes just went up, and because we can't have nice things and the Stormcrow always has to be the only clan medium forever, the NVA took gigantic nerfs.

https://mwomercs.com/news/2016/07/1595-patch-notes-1479-19jul2016

There are a lot of big nerfs on the IS side as well, Locusts are going back to being bad, Catapults took a serious nerf, and then the Blackjack got nerfed further for some reason plus some small nerfs to the Warhammer, Marauder, Battlemaster, and Kodiak.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

aniviron posted:

Catapults took a serious nerf

Aww. I just reinstalled the game after about a 6 month break, and I bought a couple of Cats because of the sale. :(

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
GDI they're removing most of the laser duration bonii from the locusts. Also structure stuff but reh.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Goddammit. I picked up this game again 2 weeks ago, at most, picked up the Nova through the event, and instantly fell in love with it.

And now they are nerfing it. :negative: Dammit PGI.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I knew it as soon as they put the CPLT, NVA, etc., on sale, it's like they did it just to piss off the maximum number of people.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Mist Lynx still irredeemable garbage? Or I guess pointless is kinder and more accurate.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

aniviron posted:

I knew it as soon as they put the CPLT, NVA, etc., on sale, it's like they did it just to piss off the maximum number of people.

Well they successfully did so with this guy. :(

Goddammit it's like WoT all over again.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol @ neutering the already paltry structure bonuses for the KDK-3

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Orv posted:

Mist Lynx still irredeemable garbage? Or I guess pointless is kinder and more accurate.

Didn't get any buffs, so yes, it continues to be a strong contender for worst mech in the game.

I asked this thread's ancestor before I bought mine but didn't get a strong no so I did it anyway and have nothing but regrets. To anyone thinking about buying a Mist Lynx: there are people out there who love you, don't do it.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I wasn't expecting decals to have customizable placement, that's kind of nice.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Logged on tonight and nobody in Mumble, as usual, even though there's half a dozen goons faffing about. The thing that did surprise me though is that I keep getting account injections for random crap. GXP, uavs, cool shots, etc. Why? I'm pub dropping in a marauder?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BattleMaster posted:

I wasn't expecting decals to have customizable placement, that's kind of nice.

There are three ‘classes’ of Decal:

• Basic (180 MC)
• Special (500 MC)
• Premium (1250 MC)

that's a spicy tamale!!!

(buy it then you can use it as much as you want on any robot, which i guess is ok)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Inimicul posted:

Logged on tonight and nobody in Mumble, as usual, even though there's half a dozen goons faffing about. The thing that did surprise me though is that I keep getting account injections for random crap. GXP, uavs, cool shots, etc. Why? I'm pub dropping in a marauder?

https://mwomercs.com/tournaments?t=201607medium

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

sebmojo posted:

There are three ‘classes’ of Decal:

• Basic (180 MC)
• Special (500 MC)
• Premium (1250 MC)

that's a spicy tamale!!!

(buy it then you can use it as much as you want on any robot, which i guess is ok)

The special and premium prices are a bit expensive but I was seriously expecting a smaller number of decal slots per mech and fixed size/placement for them.

edit: if there were 'mech part company logos as Basic options I would actually consider dropping a bit of money just to NASCAR up my 'mech since goodness knows we spend a lot of time doing that anyway

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Orv posted:

The Myst Lynx is the most terrifying mech in the game. I am scared of it's reliable inability to solo a single defense turret in invasion. :v:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

I thought I needed to be in a medium for it but I guess not. I won't turn down a free bonsai tree.

Looking through the PDF of all the nerfs in the next patch I'm going to hate my Marauders. Odd that they'd buff the Jenner and Phoenix Hawk. Well, maybe not the P.Hawk.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I'm glad PGI did something about the Centurion AL, finally. I was sick of that dominating every match.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

The Myst Lynx is the most terrifying mech in the game. I am scared of it's reliable inability to solo a single defense turret in invasion. :v:

The only productive purpose the mist lynx has is as a 25 ton narc boat for a coordinated lrm drop in CW that lets you take 225 tons of mech in your other 3 slots.

but then you have a team that is doing a coordinated lrm drop, which is worse than having a baseline mist lynx running around doing gently caress all. Good job, mist lynx, you made your whole team worse.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

What the hell is with the Marauder nerfs? I was going to look for those mechs next...

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
So the LPL locust lost all of its -50% laser duration quirk. I was expecting at least a bit of a nerf (getting 400-600 damage on the norm was a bit much I agree) but that's steep.

I'm gonna miss my little shitkicker :911:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So no current contract for WoL? Liao still has a 30% bonus if we re-up there.

Drone fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 16, 2016

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

That Jerk Steve posted:

So the LPL locust lost all of its -50% laser duration quirk. I was expecting at least a bit of a nerf (getting 400-600 damage on the norm was a bit much I agree) but that's steep.

I'm gonna miss my little shitkicker :911:

Same, I got to play with it for like three weeks lol.

All the Locusts got nerfed in general, and my old Jenners got some buffs but they're mostly inconsequentials. Not sure what the hell an IS light player is supposed to run now, ECM Raven?

poo poo, nevermind that, the duration quirk was removed but the cooldown bonus is still there, and that was the big one. LPL 1V is in all likelihood still good, actually I'm pretty sure the halved structure bonuses will be a worse nerf than losing the duration quirk.

e: finished reading the notes, I know it's not a huge nerf but it's pure :pgi: to nerf the Catapult just after putting it up as an award AND a mech sale

Artificer posted:

Hey so, does anyone here both waiting for sales to buy mechbays, or are they random and rare enough that you really really shouldn't bother?

Seconding this question. I have a few MC leftover from the dark ages, and I just ran out of mechbays after the frontline event.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 16, 2016

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

e: finished reading the notes, I know it's not a huge nerf but it's pure :pgi: to nerf the Catapult just after putting it up as an award AND a mech sale

And the Nova. I wonder if all Medium mechs are getting nerfed next patch? Since they're on sale and all.

I'm playing with my ECM-capable Atlas. Is it worth slapping a BAP onto the ECM Atlas? I read that the ECM countering abilities of the BAP is overwritten by the ECM, even if it is on disrupt mode? So one of the big perks of the BAP goes away at that point, though it still works as a crit-shield.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 16, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I like how the mech quirk changes are a sea of red except for the newly released Viper.

Hint hint says :pgi:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

The only productive purpose the mist lynx has is as a 25 ton narc boat for a coordinated lrm drop in CW that lets you take 225 tons of mech in your other 3 slots.

but then you have a team that is doing a coordinated lrm drop, which is worse than having a baseline mist lynx running around doing gently caress all. Good job, mist lynx, you made your whole team worse.

Ive been saying this forever.
The Mist Lynx is currently the only clan mech that lets you take 3 timber wolves into clan war mode.
So its like you sacrifice 1 drop to get 3 very good drops.
Better win in 3 waves.

Getting on centurions today i think.
According to research , the D-9 has -30& cooldown onballistics and another 10% the lbx, with the 12% module and 5% elite that would be -57%?
Is this correct?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Much as I'm crushed, I can understand the nova nerf. It dominated the scouting event, and if I can hop in one and spit out 500 damage without really thinking, it's probably too good.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Getting on centurions today i think.
According to research , the D-9 has -30& cooldown onballistics and another 10% the lbx, with the 12% module and 5% elite that would be -57%?
Is this correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szg66OsHK2o

Looks like it.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I know what my next buy is now.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

And the Nova. I wonder if all Medium mechs are getting nerfed next patch? Since they're on sale and all.

I'm playing with my ECM-capable Atlas. Is it worth slapping a BAP onto the ECM Atlas? I read that the ECM countering abilities of the BAP is overwritten by the ECM, even if it is on disrupt mode? So one of the big perks of the BAP goes away at that point, though it still works as a crit-shield.

Meet Ghost Dad.
You can also take a 360 engine and shave half a ton off the legs.
Fitting a BAP in there would require dropping the mediums which is imho not a big deal as they are mostly for additional heat anyways.
Honestly though i dont think it should be on the Atlas to provide BAP support, especially since you bring the ECM anyways.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Since AMS tends to burn through ammo like hot cakes, wouldn't 2 half tons of AMS ammo be a fairly useful gamble as crit padding for an Atlas's AC/20? You get, what, 2000 rounds? By the time your right torso gets exposed on an Atlas...

Well, people will be aiming for it. Maybe not.

Darn.

Feels almost wrong to fill up tonnage with useless Gauss Rifle ammo, and a BAP is nice but its biggest benefit gets overridden by having an ECM onboard too. Hmm.

Edit:

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Meet Ghost Dad.
You can also take a 360 engine and shave half a ton off the legs.
Fitting a BAP in there would require dropping the mediums which is imho not a big deal as they are mostly for additional heat anyways.
Honestly though i dont think it should be on the Atlas to provide BAP support, especially since you bring the ECM anyways.

Hmmm, yeah. I was mostly just trying to take the advice of TheParadigm on AC20 crit-shielding, and that's why I was looking at the BAP. The loss of one of BAP's main benefits though makes me hesitant since I hate the idea of empty tonnage (which gauss rifle ammo, and to a lesser extent on an ECM Atlas, BAP) on my Mech. Sort of out of ideas though.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jul 16, 2016

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

E: double

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 16, 2016

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Artificer posted:

Since AMS tends to burn through ammo like hot cakes, wouldn't 2 half tons of AMS ammo be a fairly useful gamble as crit padding for an Atlas's AC/20? You get, what, 2000 rounds? By the time your right torso gets exposed on an Atlas...

Well, people will be aiming for it. Maybe not.

mainly you want to crit pad with stuff that isn't made of explosions

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

DancingShade posted:

I like how the mech quirk changes are a sea of red except for the newly released Viper.

Hint hint says :pgi:
It's a new mech so of course it's going to be nothing but green. It was nonexistent before! :pgi:

Artificer posted:

AMS Ammo explodes. Gauss Ammo does not explode. A lucky crit to the Ac/20 side with AMS could leave you without that torso, while a lucky crit with gauss ammo might just take out your Ac/20.

NihilCredo posted:

poo poo, nevermind that, the duration quirk was removed but the cooldown bonus is still there, and that was the big one. LPL 1V is in all likelihood still good, actually I'm pretty sure the halved structure bonuses will be a worse nerf than losing the duration quirk.

It's made ER LL/normal LL builds on it a lot less attractive, but it should still be able to run an LPL no problem. It's still going to be pretty noticeable. Everything being changed lost a bundle of structure but the only thing that really hurts is the KDK-3 (sitting duck locusts are now more of a sitting duck while squirrel ones are still squirrel-y.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Yes it does. Its amazing and plays more fun than everything else i tried lately.
Of course we picked up where we left yesterday and went 2-12.

• Locked thread