Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

moolchaba posted:

Finally got the Pegasus Feather Cloak on a whim last night.

Wow. Congrats. You'd been working on that cloak for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Got really lucky on mine. I was traveling to rathe when it flew by me.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm doing Seafuries now. That's me between his toes.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Pwnz0r posted:

@zliz if you see this and still keeping up to date, how would i go about adding my own plane of growth file to the map? I guess I can load just the image of it, but I am curious how do you get the zone 'specs' to make the location show up properly?
Hm did I really forget to add PoG to the mapset? Strange. I'll look at that soon and upload a new version.

In the meanwhile, try reading this section:

http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap#8_Tips

You'll need to add the map named growthplane1.jpg to the \ZoneMaps\06Velious directory, then make a corresponding growthplane1.txt file to the \ZoneData\06Velious directory with the relevant "specs". You'll have to find a map with coords so you can see where 0,0 is, and then I simply use Paint.NET to figure out how many coords one pixel takes up by selecting a square upon the coordinate grid on the map image, and seeing how many pixels it takes up.

As said, I'll look at adding it later though. Any other maps missing or errors you've encountered?

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Got my PoM robe on.

P99 got some fundamental things wrong with this plane and its my fault for not helping out in the beta.

I was able to find my EQMAC logs and screenies to show proof of whats wrong, I am guessing even odds at best they make the changes.

Basically the zone is a total bust though. Even working properly its about 40 hours per chest piece. Now its like 80 hours minimum (or pay 30k for a doll, 20-30k for thrones (2), 10k for crowns(2)), whoever made this 'balance' call regarding the Gift Box quest did not know what they were doing.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Herv posted:

Got my PoM robe on.

P99 got some fundamental things wrong with this plane and its my fault for not helping out in the beta.

I was able to find my EQMAC logs and screenies to show proof of whats wrong, I am guessing even odds at best they make the changes.

Basically the zone is a total bust though. Even working properly its about 40 hours per chest piece. Now its like 80 hours minimum (or pay 30k for a doll, 20-30k for thrones (2), 10k for crowns(2)), whoever made this 'balance' call regarding the Gift Box quest did not know what they were doing.

They've always been of a mind to fix something if there is solid proof about a zone listed somewhere if i'm not mistaken.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I actually just got http://wiki.project1999.com/Goblin_Gazughi_Ring in a minute in Lake of Ill Omen. I just cleared a courier, ran over to the spawn location as it spawned a second courier, and it dropped right off the bat. I can't actually believe how lucky I am right now.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Herv posted:

There's a fairly long bug report regarding drop rates in PoM: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224972

It seems like the staff are extremely reluctant to make changes which benefit players. NToV dragons drop less loot than they should, Tunare/Yelinak both drop 2-3 items when they should be dropping 3-4. There's lots of evidence to support these drop rates, but the staff simply don't respond to the bug reports.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

faulteroy posted:

There's a fairly long bug report regarding drop rates in PoM: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224972

It seems like the staff are extremely reluctant to make changes which benefit players. NToV dragons drop less loot than they should, Tunare/Yelinak both drop 2-3 items when they should be dropping 3-4. There's lots of evidence to support these drop rates, but the staff simply don't respond to the bug reports.

Thanks, I read the thread and they may be correct about what mobs should be dropping what card, but the PoM 1.5 was a harsh mistress. I posted my logfile up there so they can compare drop rates to a point.

My threads are under the Velious Beta section, one for Mobs, one for Quests.

This PoM doesn't make sense according to the p99 dev's own chronology.

Card drop rates nerfed badly, alternative way to do Gift Box quest added.

Not

Card drop rates nerfed badly, have fun with the Gift Box quest!

The biggest jaw dropper I have with p99 is when a Warrior told me the BoC doesn't proc EB. LOL WHAT?? That's the point of the loving weapon.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I actually just got http://wiki.project1999.com/Goblin_Gazughi_Ring in a minute in Lake of Ill Omen. I just cleared a courier, ran over to the spawn location as it spawned a second courier, and it dropped right off the bat. I can't actually believe how lucky I am right now.

That's awesome dude. I've killed that guy quite a many times with no drop.

Not exactly the rarest item in the game or anything but a pretty sweet payday for not much work!

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Herv posted:

The biggest jaw dropper I have with p99 is when a Warrior told me the BoC doesn't proc EB. LOL WHAT?? That's the point of the loving weapon.

BoC was pretty lovely until EB proc got added in Luclin.

You can blame Ele & Daldaen for it not having the EB proc on P99. It was dropping with EB during beta, but they both campaigned for the era-accurate stats.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

faulteroy posted:

That's really classic.

Verant/SoE were super quick to nerf things. Very fast with implementing changes/fixes that in turn made the game harder. Meanwhile, bugs and issues that made life harder, would take forever to get fixed - if ever.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

xZAOx posted:

That's really classic.

Verant/SoE were super quick to nerf things. Very fast with implementing changes/fixes that in turn made the game harder. Meanwhile, bugs and issues that made life harder, would take forever to get fixed - if ever.

Yes it is. However, this isn't subjective - there's data which demonstrate that the mobs should be dropping more loot than they are currently.

Verant/SoE were slow to make changes to benefit the players, because they had to decide what to do. P99 staff, in the two cases I mentioned at least, just have to make the proper changes so that the content is accurate to the era.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Is there a way to not make EQ gently caress with my gamma when I play?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kuai posted:

Is there a way to not make EQ gently caress with my gamma when I play?

wineq2 > settings > lock gamma

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Still soloing. Double backstab is a com'n.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
solo rogue sounds like the worst experience ive ever seen.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Speaking of rogue - would anyone happen to be or know a wizard ballsy enough to port me to hate for that book?

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

Ramulack posted:

Speaking of rogue - would anyone happen to be or know a wizard ballsy enough to port me to hate for that book?

Didn't they change it so some things see hide/sneak up there?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Yep, some of the mobs cast see invis now (classic) so it's not the cakewalk it once was. It's still possible but you have to know your way around hate really well and also be quick with the /consider. Best bet is to go up after some guild clears things out a bit while doing bosses.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

faulteroy posted:

BoC was pretty lovely until EB proc got added in Luclin.

You can blame Ele & Daldaen for it not having the EB proc on P99. It was dropping with EB during beta, but they both campaigned for the era-accurate stats.

I'm really confused about how time accurate they're trying to make these things.

Is my old man brain acting up or didn't Avatar of War only get an actual loot table until a little before luclin? Shouldn't he spend most of Velious dropping cloth caps?

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Bashez posted:

I'm really confused about how time accurate they're trying to make these things.

Is my old man brain acting up or didn't Avatar of War only get an actual loot table until a little before luclin? Shouldn't he spend most of Velious dropping cloth caps?

AoW dropped loot, but there were only 2-3 known kills prior to Luclin release and all of them happened weeks before it hit. They're pretty accurate on most things though.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

moolchaba posted:

Still soloing. Double backstab is a com'n.

Go Sqid go!

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

faulteroy posted:

AoW dropped loot, but there were only 2-3 known kills prior to Luclin release and all of them happened weeks before it hit. They're pretty accurate on most things though.

My memory is that the first kill was the day or two before Luclin dropped. Well, the first kill that didn't use charmed giants to do almost all the work.

I poked around and he did drop loot for legacy of steel, I think that's their charmed giant kill. So he did have a loot table.

I remember a rant from either Tigole or Furor about a big baddy not having a loot table. I don't think it was the sleeper. I'm pretty sure it was velious era. That's going to bug me now.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Bashez posted:

My memory is that the first kill was the day or two before Luclin dropped. Well, the first kill that didn't use charmed giants to do almost all the work.

I poked around and he did drop loot for legacy of steel, I think that's their charmed giant kill. So he did have a loot table.

I remember a rant from either Tigole or Furor about a big baddy not having a loot table. I don't think it was the sleeper. I'm pretty sure it was velious era. That's going to bug me now.

I believe it was Tunare.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

iNteg posted:

I believe it was Tunare.

Tunare rings a bell as a mob that dropped nothing initially.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

iNteg posted:

I believe it was Tunare.

Yeah it was definitely Tunare. I'd also love to find the rant. They killed Tunare and it dropped 2 Necro robes or something.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

Herv posted:

Got my PoM robe on.

PoM is without a doubt totally hosed on P99, Granted I did not spend much time in this zone at all on live(I was able to get a DR flower and never had time to go back). On here however, I easily have farmed and farmed and spent countless hours wasted away on poo poo. First off no double chance of card drops, card drop rate HAS to be hosed too I refuse to believe thrones/crowns were like this on live so random/rare whatever. Anyway my shaman has a log file easily 400mb large of JUST PoM farming B/G and 22 of alice4(stomples and some horses in there too). Basically comes down to this....72 minute respawn on them, I have gone 70-80 sets of kills(40 rounds of A4 roughly) with 0 cards crown-throne sometimes not even a knight/squire. Other times I have had a luck streak of literally getting 2 white thrones in 4 kills(same week I got 5 white thrones, 2 black 2 blue in 8 days total and easily only ~50 kills all together)

I have avoided doing any of the armor stuff except cloak of confusion since its easy and an amazing upgrade for ench. But basically PoM became my 'bored' hobby for goto farming plat, at first it was terrible plat. Literally feels like lucky streaks since the drop rate is so bad. 15k a PR flower all day long farming maze rats now not even worth selling, CR flowers were 40k easy. Now I just sell thrones only, been back at it since saturday after a month long break and im 1 throne 1 crown in for 39 total kills(1 set of horses, 3 stomples included)

Pretty much if I don't get more lucky hits sooner or later ill just stop farming them and go put a epic mage pet on seafuries with a army of various range toons to run PVP out and camp raw plat stuff. Even considered doing fungi's but they aren't selling so hot on red anymore unless you want to flood the market and drop the price hard. Either way grats on robe, Anyone who farmed their own doll or even chest piece alone that takes some hard loving work imo.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

if Herv says POM is hosed, I believe it. Dude had 3 sets of POM class armor on Al'Kabor.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I just reinstalled this for the first time since 2010. Got fed up with the official TLE servers for both EQ and EQ2. Maybe this go will actually stick.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

As long as you don't want to raid, P99 is great

cinder
Aug 25, 2000
What's the going rate for a coth to PoM?

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Still interested in going to plane of hate if anyone is willing to risk it. I can supply the stone obviously and a donation similar to what you would get for a sacrifice (you wont die, but just in case)

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Ramulack posted:

Still interested in going to plane of hate if anyone is willing to risk it. I can supply the stone obviously and a donation similar to what you would get for a sacrifice (you wont die, but just in case)

If you still need this by Sunday, shoot me a PM and I'll log my wizard on to port you up

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Ramulack posted:

Are you going for the rogue book? Unless you have the timer it probably won't be up there.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

shirunei posted:

Are you going for the rogue book? Unless you have the timer it probably won't be up there.

Isn't there a safe spot to camp as a rogue once you get up there? It really wouldn't be so bad if you found a safe corner up there where you could log in and hit your stealth buttons before you got smashed by a wandering mob. At that point it'd just be a matter of logging in to check every couple of hours.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

DeathSandwich posted:

Isn't there a safe spot to camp as a rogue once you get up there? It really wouldn't be so bad if you found a safe corner up there where you could log in and hit your stealth buttons before you got smashed by a wandering mob. At that point it'd just be a matter of logging in to check every couple of hours.

You can camp at the bottom of the stairs to the 2nd floor, between the pillar and the staircase. I'd watch it for a few minutes to make sure you get the right position, but that spot should be safe. Multiple guilds have Hate trackers logged there.

It'd be the spot right below the 2 Ns in Innoruuk in the middle of this map: http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Plane_of_hate_kronas.jpg

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

cinder posted:

What's the going rate for a coth to PoM?

Its about 2k a pop. Nemce/Nmce did the last round for us.

On Live and A'Kabor I just ran it when NToV was down.

Necro/Clr at zone in, Druid outside. If you can get past Dagarn's area you pop a shiny brass idol and cruise into pom. Much much much more fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Just chiming back in to say how nice the 1999 community is. Some rando just gave me a weapon, off hand, and 20 plat while I was chillin at the Freeport gate. This is amazing comapred to what I'm used to in Overwatch, WoW, and even EQ2.