Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
woah poppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Mooooorbiii!! :argh:

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
Frankly, I don't see what the big deal about a tall ape is

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Morbi posted:

No, I get it, I'm not a fan of the "humans are inherently special and important" cliche in fantasy animal settings either.

Morbi posted:

Frankly, I don't see what the big deal about a tall ape is

Mods!?

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
I have told no lies.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkle8oadJJg

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

isasphere posted:

Mooooorbiii!! :argh:

It's an ape. We've seen one before in the GANG WAR chapter.

She only looks super tall because Friedrich is super tiny right now.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Morbi posted:

I have told no lies.

Well played you slippery gently caress. :golfclap:

I am totally okay with this.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
vgcats is responsible for unleashing andrew hussie upon the world, and for that it can never be forgiven

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Bobulus posted:

Well, I don't know if he got "big bucks" for it

Then explain this.

DolphinCop posted:

vgcats is responsible for unleashing andrew hussie upon the world, and for that it can never be forgiven

Wait, really? How?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

AFAIK Hussie got his start in the Penny Arcade forums.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
I thought it was on the DrunkDuck webcomic host forums?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

God drat I am still finding new things in Poppy each time I read back through it.

http://www.poppy-opossum.com/comic/poppy-3-page-16-2/

I was looking for the previous monkey appearance, because the only one I could remember was from the dragon shrine chapter and he didn't look human-like at all, when I noticed something on the far left of panel 6... :3:

drat you, Morbi, you are too friggin' good at this.

Edit: Ok, I found it. You're way off-base, the monkeys in the comics don't look anything like Magi Lila Moon. They've got fur, they have tails, and they adopt more of a four-legged posture. This is 100%, without a doubt, a human being.

Double Edit: The clincher is the foot. She has five, human, toes. Apes all have an opposable big toe. And Morbi isn't ignorant of this fact, in the comic I linked above the monkey during the street fight has an opposable big toe. You can barely see it in panel two.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jul 16, 2016

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
are you really doing this

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Humans are animals too, so who cares if there are humans are around. All Morbi said against humans in anthropomorphic animal worlds is that it's stupid when they're special. So we can assume that anthropomorphized humans are just one more type of animal in this world and not the first sapient species or the creators of the world or whatever.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
are we really doing this

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
You're debating furry lore.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hahaha goddamn, well done Morbi

If there's nothing special about humans, it would be notable if we were missing

Phy fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 16, 2016

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Phy posted:

If there's nothing special about humans, it would be notable if we were missing

Do you know how many different types of animals there are out in the world.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Wittgen posted:

Humans are animals too, so who cares if there are humans are around. All Morbi said against humans in anthropomorphic animal worlds is that it's stupid when they're special.

Head attendant to God seems pretty special to me.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
turd

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

turd burglar

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Renaissance Robot posted:

are we really doing this

:spergin::hf::getin:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Don't-don't-don't-don't stop the sperg
Can't-can't-c-can't control my words
P-p-p-posting is absurd
Come on, everybody, cuz we're all nerds.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I think now that Poppy is regularly taking over the main webcomics thread, it needs its own thread.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

wiegieman posted:

I think now that Poppy is regularly taking over the main webcomics thread, it needs its own thread.

It doesn't seem to be killing other conversations so what would be the point? It gets like 15 posts every update and little between.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Plus I probably wouldn't have started reading it if it weren't for the discussion in this thread.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Wittgen posted:

Humans are animals too, so who cares if there are humans are around. All Morbi said against humans in anthropomorphic animal worlds is that it's stupid when they're special. So we can assume that anthropomorphized humans are just one more type of animal in this world and not the first sapient species or the creators of the world or whatever.

Makes sense I suppose. That's what I get for looking at it at like 3 AM.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MockingQuantum posted:

Plus I probably wouldn't have started reading it if it weren't for the discussion in this thread.

Same here.

Leave Poppy be

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

djw175 posted:

It doesn't seem to be killing other conversations so what would be the point? It gets like 15 posts every update and little between.

it upsets me when people talk about comics in the comics thread

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

djw175 posted:

That's more than the Paranatural thread gets. But maybe that'll change now that hitball is over.

I don't really have a horse in this race but if someone effortposted an OP for a Poppy thread that'd be cool.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
This thread's habit of trying to splinter off into other threads every time it gets some actual discussion is moronic. Just post.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

anyone here read Blindsprings? i feel like it's one of the better paced comics that i've been following recently.
well, so far anyway.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was reading it a while back but lost track of it along with half the comics i was reading during a bad depressive haze

it seemed pretty good but felt like it was still spinning up at the time

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I am very interested in the boy becoming a State Alchemist.

More seriously, the art is decent but the panels get too crammed. The artist really should let them breathe a bit. That would also enhance the fairy-tale atmosphere.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Xinder posted:

That's more than the Paranatural thread gets. But maybe that'll change now that hitball is over.

I don't really have a horse in this race but if someone effortposted an OP for a Poppy thread that'd be cool.

maybe paranatural shouldn't have its own thread then. Dunno why we feel the need to make an individual thread for every single webcomic that people like, there's no reason you can't talk about them here. Like yeah of course this thread tends to fixate on a couple of comics at a time, every other comic has been relegated to its own thread!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Tollymain posted:

i was reading it a while back but lost track of it along with half the comics i was reading during a bad depressive haze

it seemed pretty good but felt like it was still spinning up at the time

i'd say things are pretty spun up now

i can agree that the panels get a little crowded at times, though i'd rate the art itself a little higher then just decent

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The art for Blindsprings is adorable. The only thing I don't like about it is that it has a filler page for when the comic is late to update, which is frequently, so I'm often checking the site and just seeing the filler page instead of seeing if I've seen the latest page before. (I don't keep close track of when webcomics update, I just flick through my bookmarks every so often)

Early on it seemed to be running a dichotomy of "woman/nature/good, man/science/bad" but it's become more nuanced in the setting's mythology and politics since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Well the texture is good, and despite the manga influences the author also doesn't adapt the pacing. But it does need room to breathe, both in art and exposition.

• Locked thread