Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I slapped a s1mple sticker on my deagle after I saw that play out. I kind of wonder if it would have been better to have him awping instead of JDM.

Awping is the only thing JDM can do, so it would have worked out terribly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Fauxshiz posted:

Awping is the only thing JDM can do, so it would have worked out terribly.

What's the advantage of a dedicated awp man? JDM had a couple of rounds where he didn't perform too well, and when they couldn't get him an AWP, he wasn't doing much. SK having more flexibility with their awpers seemed like it gave them a significant edge over Liquid.

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

What's the advantage of a dedicated awp man? JDM had a couple of rounds where he didn't perform too well, and when they couldn't get him an AWP, he wasn't doing much. SK having more flexibility with their awpers seemed like it gave them a significant edge over Liquid.

None. Most dedicated AWPers have nowhere near the problem that JDM has when it comes to rifling.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

GBJames said JDM is poo poo at rifles because of the way he sits.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Finally broke down and bought my Desolate Space. Just need to get a Wasteland Rebel glock and I think I'll have the loadout I want.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

FaZe just got dumpstered on D2

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Anyone streaming on the actual TBS feed having issues? Keeps dropping out on me.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Alighieri posted:

Anyone streaming on the actual TBS feed having issues? Keeps dropping out on me.

It's never worked for me, and the twitch stream not having thorin is a major plus.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

NIKO!!!!!

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Niko what the gently caress.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

That wasn't even NiKo's first deagle ace on CT-side Cache. He also had one against Titan a few months ago. Dude's insane, but we all know that.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/eleaguetv/v/78284085?t=38m

surc
Aug 17, 2004

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

What's the advantage of a dedicated awp man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7cGij3ihPs

JDM is a rarity, usually AWPers can handle the ak/m4 better too

E: Holy poo poo mouz, way to nail the A takes

surc fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 16, 2016

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
jesus christ niko

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
How exciting. I had my first ace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgJATyBHleY

Starting to do better with this game. My initial rank at 10 wins was gn1 and quickly dropped to se. Now at 23 wins I'm at gn2. Oh boy!

How do you turn off autodirector in the replay stuff btw?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
8th top frag win in a row. Still Silver IV.

Something's screwy :shrug:

EDIT: There was one game we lost but I had more kills (50+) than the rest of my team combined so I wouldn't think that would mess things up too bad. I don't care about the actual rank, I just want better teammates ASAP.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 16, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
It's only about wins and losses. So win more.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ded posted:

How exciting. I had my first ace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgJATyBHleY

Starting to do better with this game. My initial rank at 10 wins was gn1 and quickly dropped to se. Now at 23 wins I'm at gn2. Oh boy!

How do you turn off autodirector in the replay stuff btw?

Ha, a Half-Way-Around-The-World Ace. Not too shabby.

As for the auto-director, sometime demos get buggy with me and it won't let me do anything, so the only way I've found to fix it is by restarting the game entirely. Other than that, hitting space bar typically does the trick.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

The Joe Man posted:

EDIT: There was one game we lost but I had more kills (50+) than the rest of my team combined so I wouldn't think that would mess things up too bad. I don't care about the actual rank, I just want better teammates ASAP.

be the change you want to see in solo queue

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Agoat posted:

It's only about wins and losses. So win more.

quote:

When competitive matchmaking as we know it now was introduced in CS:GO in late 2012 we switched all non-competitive game modes to use simple ping-based matchmaking. For Competitive, we built a CS:GO-specific competitive ranking system that is significantly different and more complex than Elo.

The CS:GO competitive ranking system started with ideas based on Glicko-2 rating model and improved over time to better fit the CS:GO player base. All computations are performed on our matchmaking backend and multiple matchmaking parameters describing scientific set of rating variables of a player are represented to players as a their Skill Group. You should be able to find papers on rating systems involving rating volatility and rating deviations online to get a better idea about why our complex competitive matchmaking parameters cannot be represented as a single numeric value.

E: The answer is still 'just win more matches' though. Nobody knows the details, keep winning matches, eventually you'll rank up.

surc fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 16, 2016

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The Joe Man posted:

There might be a "rating period" that might be based on time and a certain number of games. if so, you could rank up when you get through the rating period.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

FWIW I ranked up to MG2 again (after losing my rank due to inactivity) on the first win after a loss (9-0-6 on MG1 total, 2-1-0 from GN4 to MG1). It's more than just W-L but the less you think about it, the better. Enjoy your easy games while they last.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
If you get better at fragging while in silvers and novas people will rage quit on the other team and you'll rank up faster

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Has anyone used Steam Inventory Helper for Chrome (community page here) to offload a bunch of their poo poo?

Just looking to make sure that it's a legit add-on for Chrome. I know there's been some shady ones out there - but this one seems good for what I'm trying to do (dump 200+ skins I dont loving need).

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Finally ranked up to Silver 4. I wish my work schedule was a little more flexible so I could play more often, but whatever. It's not work's fault I refuse to soloqueue and have to coordinate with friend schedules.

Rolling with the A1S for so long really upped my AK game when I finally went back to it. My poor SG is gathering dust. I'm starting to work on my flashes, I feel like those are the most important grenade (although somebody better tell me if I am wrong).

Does anyone have any tips for learning new maps besides just playing them over and over again? I feel like my understanding of Cobble, Dust2, Mirage, and Cache are all okay (angles/rotates/retakes wise, I still am learning nades), but I need to start picking up the rest of the maps in the comp pool.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Audax posted:

Has anyone used Steam Inventory Helper for Chrome (community page here) to offload a bunch of their poo poo?

Just looking to make sure that it's a legit add-on for Chrome. I know there's been some shady ones out there - but this one seems good for what I'm trying to do (dump 200+ skins I dont loving need).

I use it, it just helps you select items faster. Nothing shady about it other than the advertisements

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

There are very few things which tilt me more than getting a bot which doesn't even listen. Yea sure go ahead and buy that Negev, and then feed it to the other team, that's just super.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Audax posted:

Also, do you have anything cool

stump collector fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 16, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
'Wow you guys got an auto'
'No we didn't, the bot did :') '

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErqoolByKvM

we can all learn from this

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Remora posted:

Finally ranked up to Silver 4. I wish my work schedule was a little more flexible so I could play more often, but whatever. It's not work's fault I refuse to soloqueue and have to coordinate with friend schedules.

Rolling with the A1S for so long really upped my AK game when I finally went back to it. My poor SG is gathering dust. I'm starting to work on my flashes, I feel like those are the most important grenade (although somebody better tell me if I am wrong).

Does anyone have any tips for learning new maps besides just playing them over and over again? I feel like my understanding of Cobble, Dust2, Mirage, and Cache are all okay (angles/rotates/retakes wise, I still am learning nades), but I need to start picking up the rest of the maps in the comp pool.

Newke is awful and the meta is unclear.
Train is a map you need a organized team to watch each other's back, thanks to the ability of enemies to flank really quickly. I wouldn't worry about either too much.

Inferno is a good one to learn, because it's going to come back, dammit.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Remora posted:

Does anyone have any tips for learning new maps besides just playing them over and over again?

Watch pro players play those maps. Practice what they do in times you are playing the same maps. Time. Lots and lots of time.

If you and I have the same schedule I won't mind queing with you. I am chill and im hovering above Silver Elite. Check me out! http://steamcommunity.com/id/WoWHopper/

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

On the t-side of every map there are like 2-3 basic smokes you should know that make your life a million times more convenient. Like if you want to attack the b site on dust 2 everyone knows how to smoke mid to b from xbox in mid. Then you can split the site and if they aren't playing 2-1-2, that is with 2 guys in the site and one somewhere in mid that should be a very doable take. Its just that a lot of people seem to only know the basic dust 2 smokes in quite a lot of ranks.

So my suggestion for getting better other than click heads better and learn to trade would be learn the basic smokes. It just cuts down on so much hassle. If you don't know what 2-3 smokes you absolutely should know for a map just ask the thread. That's mostly fot t-side though. Most ct smokes are throw at the entrance.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

exethan posted:

Also, do you have anything cool

Nah, I'm just trying to get rid of all my battlescarred blues

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Goofballs posted:

On the t-side of every map there are like 2-3 basic smokes you should know that make your life a million times more convenient. Like if you want to attack the b site on dust 2 everyone knows how to smoke mid to b from xbox in mid. Then you can split the site and if they aren't playing 2-1-2, that is with 2 guys in the site and one somewhere in mid that should be a very doable take. Its just that a lot of people seem to only know the basic dust 2 smokes in quite a lot of ranks.

So my suggestion for getting better other than click heads better and learn to trade would be learn the basic smokes. It just cuts down on so much hassle. If you don't know what 2-3 smokes you absolutely should know for a map just ask the thread. That's mostly fot t-side though. Most ct smokes are throw at the entrance.

People also seem to have a hard time throwing on the fly offensive smokes. Why is it hard to figure out that someone sits backsite B every round, and therefore you should throw a smoke to block their vision?

Also, got told yesterday that trying to pick people off and get trades is stupid, and we have to rush a site every round instead. :sigh:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
There needs to be another impending VAC wave. Prime Matchmaking is still a joke. I just played several games over the past few days that had blatant wallhackers in them. I guess I'll just stick with ESEA until that happens.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I find fridays and saturdays have by far the most shady people playing, also the most retarded

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Goofballs posted:

I find fridays and saturdays have by far the most shady people playing, also the most retarded

This has always been my experience. It's rare that I sit down for a few games on a Fri / Sat / Sun without running into someone with walls. Seems like there are a lot more angry dudes, too.

Weeknights are a good bet for a random team of chill stoners and drunks.

Famethrowa posted:

People also seem to have a hard time throwing on the fly offensive smokes. Why is it hard to figure out that someone sits backsite B every round, and therefore you should throw a smoke to block their vision?

I'm really wary of throwing unfamiliar smokes because it usually results in an AWP round sailing through my forehead when I peek, or when the smoke lands nowhere useful.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I've opened up sothatwemaybefree.com many times and learned smokes after dying only to use them next round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY3ltGjUBUo

get hosed phantoml0rd