Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

shiksa posted:

his modeling career

Yikes, that snipe. Here.

quote:

“Black Thursday,” one of Gov. Chris Christie’s least favorite local newspaper columnists called it, under a headline that declared it his “worst day ever.” At the least, it was the New Jersey governor’s terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

On Thursday morning, one of his closest confidants pleaded guilty to a felony charge of abusing power at the agency that Mr. Christie tapped him to lead. By that afternoon, federal prosecutors had charged a former cabinet official in connection with the same case, which spun out of the George Washington Bridge lane-closing scandal that has dogged Mr. Christie for nearly three years.

Then he did not get the job he had been publicly pining for, and on which he had pinned his hopes of political resuscitation. Donald J. Trump, who is expected to become the Republican nominee for president next week, picked someone else as his running mate, despite an endorsement that dragged Mr. Christie’s poll numbers to record lows at home and alienated him from moderate Republicans he once called friends.

And that was before a storm knocked down a tree and power line outside Mr. Christie’s house, starting a fire beside it. When a local television station asked the governor if he still had electricity, he gave a thumbs down, which might have been answering the question, or summing up the previous several hours, or months.

“I can’t imagine, given where the state of public opinion is now, that there’s anything he can do to make things better,” said Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute.

“I think if Trump wins, Trump will find something for him,” Mr. Murray said. “He’ll take anything, as is kind of obvious.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

From Milo's replies: https://twitter.com/AnonymousJobsUS/status/754089596804358144

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Throw it on the pile.

quote:

“I can get some publicity out of this,” Trump is alleged to have said after three of his executives died in a helicopter accident.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

MaxNV posted:

Speaking of...remember when ORCA was considered the failure of the century in terms of GOTV? Any word on if Trump has anything tracking voters?

yeah he's tracking voters from all over, ohio, north carolina, scotland, australia, all over

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The new logo isn't on the podium, so MSNBC is helpfully showing it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Hoo boy

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

https://twitter.com/imwiththoughts/status/754330798971559936

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Yellow: states that voted for Cruz
Purple: Rubio
Orange: Kasich

Note the position of the cameras (they never pan, so unfair!) compared to those delegations.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

Yellow: states that voted for Cruz
Purple: Rubio
Orange: Kasich

Note the position of the cameras (they never pan, so unfair!) compared to those delegations.

Little Marco close to the bathroom in case he needs it

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i'm a delegate from the american samoa and i have better seats than the texas delegates

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Patter Song posted:

Um...yes. Because Lincoln was loving SHOT and his VP had to become president.

Maybe it's some of that sarcasm stuff kids are into these days. It's hard to tell with Poe's Law being so rampant now.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Livestream here. News guy just claimed that most of the audience is tourists who just kind of wandered in (it's in NY). TRUMP'S ON NOW!

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
Why did Trump leave the building with his name on it and go make this announcement in a building with another rich guy's name on it?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

drat, trump never looks healthy but he is sporting some major baggage under his eyes rn

or maybe it's just the lighting

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"As far as Turkey is concerned... so many friends in Turkey... hopefully it will all work out."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Needs More Ditka posted:

Why did Trump leave the building with his name on it and go make this announcement in a building with another rich guy's name on it?

Same location Reagan announced in '79.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
Let's dispel with the fiction that Barack Obama knows what he's doing. Barack Obama does not know what he's doing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump is, of course, refusing to share the stage with his VP nominee, at the announcement of his VP nominee.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Needs More Ditka posted:

Let's dispel with the fiction that Barack Obama knows what he's doing. Barack Obama does not know what he's doing.
Hillary is the real puppet master here!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Our jobs. They've been taken away, like we're babies. They've been taken away.

"Pence is a solid, solid person".

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Pence is a meat popsicle.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
what are the chances that Trump was aware of Pence's existence a year ago?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

a fleshy snood posted:

what are the chances that Trump was aware of Pence's existence a year ago?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"She got away with murder.... in fact I think it might be her greatest accomplishment."

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/EmmyA2/status/754331608036077568

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

goin all in on the vince f.oster thing, huh

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Why is he reading the speech my dad gave last week at family dinner

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

jared is a good speechwriter, he's good at saying exactly what republicans want to hear and normalizing trump to neutral audiences

democrats love to laugh about how low-energy or whatever he is when he does this but this poo poo gives him mainstream appeal

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Trump is looking...okay?

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
trump just reading from a fuckin piece of paper lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Screaming out the window! SCREAMING!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

we are the law

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

a fleshy snood posted:

trump just reading from a fuckin piece of paper lol

this is exactly the poo poo i'm talking about

you laugh but voters eat this up

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I will reinvigorate Law and Order.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Again with the Iraq nonsense

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Nobody cared I was a businessman, a civilian...oil...Scotland

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

"I chose this guy because let's be honest here for a second all the people with money hate my guts"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"I say 'we' because I'm a messenger. I'm doing a good job, but I'm a messenger."

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

trump is absolutely knocking this out of the park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

"One of the reasons I picked Pence, and I have to be honest, is party unity."

• Locked thread