Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I get a lot of crashes with this game, and it seems to be specifically only with my Chaos. Is there any kind of known bug/fix with that?

It's a known bug. Chaos is a memory hog, and the game has a memory leak atm. It's easy to overflow your memory if you're playing chaos while the game has been open too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

fool_of_sound posted:

It's a known bug. Chaos is a memory hog, and the game has a memory leak atm. It's easy to overflow your memory if you're playing chaos while the game has been open too long.

Well...poo poo. Thanks for the info, at least now I know it's nothing to do with my system. I was considering reinstalling to be sure it wasn't a corrupted sound file or something.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Well...poo poo. Thanks for the info, at least now I know it's nothing to do with my system. I was considering reinstalling to be sure it wasn't a corrupted sound file or something.

Just rebooting the game periodically should help, otherwise you might have to wait for the memory leak to be patched.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The memory leak's been going on for a long time now though. I wouldn't hold my breath.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Yeah, I'll just restart/reboot when it gets crashy. Shame, because Chaos is by far my favorite class I've tried.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gologle posted:

The memory leak's been going on for a long time now though. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yeah, but it got way worse with the widescreen patch.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
So the crashes I was having with Chaos DO have a solution, and it's not the memory leak! (I was wondering how it could be the memory leak since I was crashing every 5-10 minutes and nothing in my system monitor was showing anywhere close to being overloaded).

Turns out there's some sort of known bug on certain systems related to the specific summons of Gelatin Mask and Twinkle Artist. I just tried without summoning either of those two (with all the other poo poo I can summon, losing those two isn't a huge loss) and no crashes in over an hour of play! Worth keeping this in mind for anyone else that hits the same problem.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

StarkRavingMad posted:

So the crashes I was having with Chaos DO have a solution, and it's not the memory leak! (I was wondering how it could be the memory leak since I was crashing every 5-10 minutes and nothing in my system monitor was showing anywhere close to being overloaded).

Turns out there's some sort of known bug on certain systems related to the specific summons of Gelatin Mask and Twinkle Artist. I just tried without summoning either of those two (with all the other poo poo I can summon, losing those two isn't a huge loss) and no crashes in over an hour of play! Worth keeping this in mind for anyone else that hits the same problem.

Just note that you can't use Hysteric Warrior summon with Queen of Hearts because the upgrade chain is Voras > Hysteric Warrior > Gelatin Mask > Crazy Spin > Big Daddy.

Hopefully that gets fixed because losing Gelatin Mask/Twinkle Artist/maybe Queen of Hearts if you don't feel like putting things up to chance is kinda harsh.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Yeah, also have to avoid Hysterics if I'm using the Queen, I suppose. Right now I'm just happy to be able to finish a level without crashing.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

That is an awfully specific bug that I have never heard of before.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Somefool posted:

Our oddly specific latency causes some awfully specific poo poo.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Somefool posted:

It certainly is. I found the solution off a random Reddit post of someone else having the same issue. Maybe it was something new introduced in the last patch. Can't tell you why, but I can confirm that not using those two summons fixed the crashes for me (and they were CONSTANT). I wonder if there's a corrupted sound file or something those summons are hitting. The only thing I haven't tested is to see if the Reddit guy was right and both summons are the issue, or if I can use one or the other on its own.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

It certainly is. I found the solution off a random Reddit post of someone else having the same issue. Maybe it was something new introduced in the last patch. Can't tell you why, but I can confirm that not using those two summons fixed the crashes for me (and they were CONSTANT). I wonder if there's a corrupted sound file or something those summons are hitting. The only thing I haven't tested is to see if the Reddit guy was right and both summons are the issue, or if I can use one or the other on its own.

You might be able to check if it's a sound issue if you have a mod that substitutes hit sounds with blank files. Back in Nexon DFO I used to do a thing where I'd take the korean sound packs and overwrite the american ones when the game was doing the hackshield bit.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
So as far as I can tell, it's ONLY Gelatin Mask that is the issue, Twinkle Artist seems to be okay? Maybe?

Summon Gelatin Mask but not Twinkle Artist, crashed in five minutes. Summoned Twinkle Artist but no Gelatin Mask, didn't crash in an hour and a half of play.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nethertribes posted:

Just note that you can't use Hysteric Warrior summon with Queen of Hearts because the upgrade chain is Voras > Hysteric Warrior > Gelatin Mask > Crazy Spin > Big Daddy.

Hopefully that gets fixed because losing Gelatin Mask/Twinkle Artist/maybe Queen of Hearts if you don't feel like putting things up to chance is kinda harsh.

I've never done this but I guess I probably should give it a try. Though it's not like Chaos isn't still doing stupid amounts of damage either way and I can't recall the last time I crashed playing Chaos. :shrug:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

:toot:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? It sounds like gelatin mask is trying to call on a file (a sound effect? a sprite?) that either isn't there or is corrupted, which crashes the game. If reinstalling doesn't fix it, maybe one of the sound files could be the culprit.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Epic rework soon~
http://www.dfonexus.com/threads/test-server-epic-equipment-rework-update-july-20.12418/

Everyone is full panic because something something bis is no longer bis or something.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

All hail our new overlord, football set.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Somefool posted:

Epic rework soon~
http://www.dfonexus.com/threads/test-server-epic-equipment-rework-update-july-20.12418/

Everyone is full panic because something something bis is no longer bis or something.

Oh hey knuckle violence might actually be better than a gracia knuckle now. Kinda regret breaking mine going for +12 cuz +4 solar shield from one item is pretty stupid

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? It sounds like gelatin mask is trying to call on a file (a sound effect? a sprite?) that either isn't there or is corrupted, which crashes the game. If reinstalling doesn't fix it, maybe one of the sound files could be the culprit.

I even tried installing it on a different computer and still hit the same crashes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Somefool posted:

Epic rework soon~

Heaven's Luck Sword getting boosted from 20% to 27% additional damage. :getin:

e: Also +2 to skills instead of +1. Byeol apparently goes from -15 to -5 hit rate among other changes like an apparent 12% atk spd increase.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 20, 2016

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Act 5 Part 2 - The Great Memory Leak

actually ever since somebody called this update "The Great Armpit" I immediately notice it now on that startup screen

I don't even understand why armpit fetishes are a thing but now I'm doomed to never not notice this

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

A large number of Koreans noticed. You should've seen the fanart when the artwork was released. :heysexy:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
as far as armpits go those are pretty lean and mean, let's not even lie

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

EXSTREAM is always a hot mess but it's fun to have interaction with these CMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVzzHIryFw4

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Monster Mash posted:

EXSTREAM is always a hot mess but it's fun to have interaction with these CMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVzzHIryFw4

:perfect:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

"They want to see my armpits."

Nice cut off point on the video. Armpit update just keeps on giving. :thumbsup:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CElpYm1grvU

Would be a nice method to use if you could transfer the contribution to useful characters afterwards.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I finished upgrading my Vow of Silence set to 85 today, and I can firmly confirm that it Is Not Worth It if you aren't a sader.

2520 Antonium (70-80 full runs) got me:

+111 STR
+125 INT
+137 VIT
+105 SPR

and small amount of Defense, Cast Speed, and Attack Speed.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

fool_of_sound posted:

I finished upgrading my Vow of Silence set to 85 today, and I can firmly confirm that it Is Not Worth It if you aren't a sader.

2520 Antonium (70-80 full runs) got me:

+111 STR
+125 INT
+137 VIT
+105 SPR

and small amount of Defense, Cast Speed, and Attack Speed.

And just think once Lv. 90 hits you get to do a bit more grinding to get the +5 level upgrades to pump that to 90!

Or, y'know, infinity beads to sell.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

http://store.steampowered.com/app/495910/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_1

Oh.. look what's back.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Dope.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Good! I can finally advertise the fact that I'm playing the game outside of Discord.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Raruna posted:

Good! I can finally advertise the fact that I'm playing the game outside of Discord.

Looks like you'll have to add it as a non-Steam game or you're SOL; existing accounts and Steam accounts will not be mergeable.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

Looks like you'll have to add it as a non-Steam game or you're SOL; existing accounts and Steam accounts will not be mergeable.

Uuuugh.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Before, running the game on Steam just opened a small window where you entered your Nexon account information, and the game started normally. It'll most likely work the same way with this Neople version.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Really it's moments like these in pvp that keep me going every day. Like dawn's light on my skin in the mornings I never see because I work the mid shift

Edit:

Oh my god I love this kid

Edit2: aw he responded saying he sent that whisper to me by mistake :(

too bad it's here now forever

and that he sent that "apology" whisper like a minute and a half later, clearly fumbling for a response

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 28, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Well Neople finally did it. You can now transfer almost every single piece of equipment in the game to any of your characters... for an extremely high cost.

Chrons, quest legendaries, epics, you name it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Do we even want to know how high?