Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Ferrule posted:

Speaking of, is The Pro any good? anyone?
It's Garth Ennis at the very height of his "superheroes are juvenile bullshit hurr hurr hurr im gonna make sex jokes about em hurrr hrr" juvenility, so no, no it is not any good. The Conner art can't make up for the terrible content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

CapnAndy posted:

It's Garth Ennis at the very height of his "superheroes are juvenile bullshit hurr hurr hurr im gonna make sex jokes about em hurrr hrr" juvenility, so no, no it is not any good. The Conner art can't make up for the terrible content.

It did for me, if only because I really really miss the days when Connor did full interiors and not just covers and writing (plus I don't really enjoy her writing but she's like top 5 artists for me). I love her art more than I dislike Ennis' bullshit.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

WHY YOU LIKE THING I NO LIKE

lol sorry I guess my post could be taken that way I'm kinda in a mental funk and not writing that well lately I was genuinely curious as to what they thought was bad about it though I'm still learning about what's good and what's not

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

site posted:

lol sorry I guess my post could be taken that way I'm kinda in a mental funk and not writing that well lately I was genuinely curious as to what they thought was bad about it though I'm still learning about what's good and what's not

No, you phrased the question just fine. There's nothing wrong with the art on Squirrel Girl. It's technically competent, dynamic, and well-suited to its context. What you're seeing is a bunch of posters treating their subjective opinions ("I do not enjoy this art") as objective fact ("This art is poo poo").

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Everything is terrible, burn it all down.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

redbackground posted:

Everything is terrible, burn it all down.

redbackground I don't want to push but if you ever ended up jotting down some notes on COIE I was looking forward to reading them!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

redbackground I don't want to push but if you ever ended up jotting down some notes on COIE I was looking forward to reading them!

Oh snap I forgot! Will do!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

TwoPair posted:

Wait hold on what?
One of the less popular edicts of a former mod was "don't be creepy and talk about superhero sex so goddamn much" and while that one seems to have been accepted into the fabric of BSS, it was decried as part of the overall killjoy "serious business" "effort post" "full of care" "tl:dr" "joyless pretentious gently caress" movement like everything else derided of the dark days of the past.

Aphrodite posted:

Well yeah, that's what ugly means.
That's not what ugly means though. Ugly means like literally aesthetically unpleasasing. I think Frank Cho's art is really well done and I wouldn't call it ugly but it's not appropriate for a lot of things, including Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman. I straight up don't like most of Alex Ross's sequential art but it is by no means ugly. I could totally see the argument that Simon Bisley or Richard Corben or Carlos Ezquerra's art is objectively UGLY, but it's a great fit for the projects they're on. Saying that Kate Beaton probably shouldn't draw the next arc of Lazarus isn't calling her ugly either. Super Ugly is a song.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 15, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Frank Quitely's art is ugly as sin but I love his work on most of what I've seen of him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Wouldn't be the first time RJ posted something from SA as a fact.

My entire posting career is an elaborate troll on Rich Johnston.

Guys, I love this new issue of Red Hood but it has racism against Chinese in it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JoshTheStampede posted:

Squirrel Girl's art is light and cartoony and fun, in perfect sync to that book's tone. If it was all shadowy Deodato or whatever it would be a terrible match. If you just don't like cartoony art that's fine but it's not "bad" art by any real measure.
Sure, but I much prefer the art in, say, Patsy Walker aka Hellcat!

I did like them playing with the art styles in one of the earlier issues though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't mind the art in either Hellcat or Squirrel Girl, but the humor in both of them really doesn't appeal to me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I messed up a recipe pretty bad so now my meal tastes like boiled butter.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

What were you cooking?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What were you cooking?

A new kind of noodles. Nothing too fancy, but I messed up the sauce something fierce.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Lurdiak posted:

Do you have barbecue sauce or siracha sauce or something to drown the taste out? Or is it something that can't really get drowned out like that?

Goondolences regardless.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I already tried that, this seems unsalvageable. That's what I get for not writing it down.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Making the weekly shipping post, I just discovered the redesigned Previews website blows now cause it doesn't specify reprints and cover variants any more.
http://www.previewsworld.com/NewReleases?releaseDate=7/20/2016
This week from Marvel: Black Widow #1, Black Widow #2, Black Widow #3, Black Widow #4, Black Widow #5

Is there any other place to get the full release list a week ahead?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Midtown Comics's website?

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Making the weekly shipping post, I just discovered the redesigned Previews website blows now cause it doesn't specify reprints and cover variants any more.
http://www.previewsworld.com/NewReleases?releaseDate=7/20/2016
This week from Marvel: Black Widow #1, Black Widow #2, Black Widow #3, Black Widow #4, Black Widow #5

Is there any other place to get the full release list a week ahead?

I refer to comiclist usually. It may not have everything but I checked for next week and it does show whether it's a reprint or whatnot. http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

One of the less popular edicts of a former mod was "don't be creepy and talk about superhero sex so goddamn much" and while that one seems to have been accepted into the fabric of BSS, it was decried as part of the overall killjoy "serious business" "effort post" "full of care" "tl:dr" "joyless pretentious gently caress" movement like everything else derided of the dark days of the past.

I get that, but just for a minute, can we discuss what in the world that argument was about? I'm just afraid to Google "Power Girl red sun boobs". What discussion is there to even be had? If red is a pretty color or if boobs are a superpower? I don't understand.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

TwoPair posted:

I get that, but just for a minute, can we discuss what in the world that argument was about? I'm just afraid to Google "Power Girl red sun boobs". What discussion is there to even be had? If red is a pretty color or if boobs area superpower? I don't understand.
I don't remember if it was a real argument or talking point or a joke but yes, the idea was that her tits were made stronger by a yellow sun, so they would be depowered into normal breasts under a red sun.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Edge & Christian posted:

I don't remember if it was a real argument or talking point or a joke but yes, the idea was that her tits were made stronger by a yellow sun, so they would be depowered into normal breasts under a red sun.

Just like Superman's dick and balls.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

Ah okay. Yep that's pretty dumb.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Do they shrink when depowered or what kinda powers do boobs get in the dcu. Like if you run into them do you bounce back really hard or something

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The whole point of this conv was this is stupid and creepy and shouldn't be talked about. So kudos on missing that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

Do they shrink when depowered or what kinda powers do boobs get in the dcu. Like if you run into them do you bounce back really hard or something

For some reason the conversation really stalled out when it got to the physics of breasts.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CharlestheHammer posted:

The whole point of this conv was this is stupid and creepy and shouldn't be talked about. So kudos on missing that.

I guess i should've added /sarcasm to the end of that post huh

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Physics of boobs is something some artists might want to learn about though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Xinder posted:

Physics of boobs is something some artists might want to learn about though.

Never forget

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Roth posted:

Never forget

This is badass. :colbert: Just like, totally irredeemably ridiculous from a realistic scientific standpoint. There's actually an examination of this scene that concludes they must have been going faster than light...

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Roth posted:

Never forget

This anime is one of the greatest ever. wish it had a sequel.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Can we just make that banable again? Why the gently caress was that rule eased up on?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nqgJ3k1Crk

I really enjoy this guy's videos.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Amber_moore/status/754079062323265537/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's a good thing I'm :toxx:'d out of ADTRW or I'd be complaining nonstop about how much I hate Dragon Ball Super and giving an essay about Yu Yu Hakusho>DBZ. Comics just don't get me passionate enough to go on the same rants. :sigh:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Thank you for your informative post about how comics aren't as interesting as the most asinine of animes.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's good for comics, because there are very few as bad as Sword Art Online. On the other hand, there's very few things that could possibly be better than Yu Yu Hakusho or Hellsing. Not just comics, but like, anything, including other anime.

I should make Best Of lists for every medium sometime.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 18, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Are Alan Moore and his daughter super weird on twitter
E: Or is that his wife? Who is that?

Maybe i should just ask if he is :ohdear:

site fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite