Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Endorph posted:

melty and uniel are better games than literally every game being run on the main stage of evo

guilty gear, tekken, and marvel are good ok

pokken can stay too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gg: yes

tekken: maybe

marvel: no

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

marvel is always hype

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Endorph posted:

gg: yes

tekken: maybe

marvel: no

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Tekken 7 is the most anime Tekken yet.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Someone brought a hard copy of IAMP to azine suite????

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've said it before by the way but if you play guilty chill with them when you can they're all real chill people

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that isn't immaterial and missing power, that's unthinkable natural law, the third game in the touhou fighter series

people don't play it competitively because it adds some weird gimmicks and RNG stuff but there's patches that make it more like IaMP

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Marvel is good

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Endorph posted:

that isn't immaterial and missing power, that's unthinkable natural law, the third game in the touhou fighter series

people don't play it competitively because it adds some weird gimmicks and RNG stuff but there's patches that make it more like IaMP

IaMP continues to be the Melee of poverty fighters

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Anyone have thoughts on the Hori RAP4 Kai. Thinking of updating my stick due to sales and I'm shopping around.

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 16, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chaotic Flame posted:

Anyone have thoughts on the Hori RAP4. Thinking of updating my stick due to sales and I'm shopping around.

Its good

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

That's what it looks like. Any other recommendations in the same price/quality range? I haven't looked at sticks since 2008 when I got my Qanba.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a fan of the TES+, but the HRAP 4 is a great. I wouldn't get one with a touch pad though. The 4 Kai, 5 and VLX all got skewered by Teyah, which is a stick lag testing site. They all had between 14 and 16ms of lag.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

TheManSeries posted:

I'm a fan of the TES+, but the HRAP 4 is a great. I wouldn't get one with a touch pad though. The 4 Kai, 5 and VLX all got skewered by Teyah, which is a stick lag testing site. They all had between 14 and 16ms of lag.

I didn't hear that about the 5. Shame, since it's not that expensive on Amazon.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I owned one before I switched to a TES+ and its a noticeable difference.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

TheManSeries posted:

people act like this is going to make or break their experience but really all it does is make you change your timing a tiny bit

that amount of lag is not going to sufficiently impair your ability to play

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

The TE S+ is on sale right now for 150, same as the Horis. The quality on the TE is much higher in my opinion, unless you don't like the heavier weight.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Hmmm...Amazon has the RAP4 Kai and the TES+ for the same price on Amazon while the RAP is slightly cheaper elsewhere. I do like the design of the RAP4 better but am used to Sanwa buttons from my Q4, so I'm not sure how I'll like the RAP4 buttons. Sorry for making GBS threads up the thread with stick talk, just don't want to invest in the wrong stick.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
there is a kusoge evo

it's the one with SFV and Smash :twisted:

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Does anybody want Skullgirls from the latest humble bundle?

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=VqyRufYCUZYRKhnX

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
please post stick deals if you got em :D

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Zand posted:

sure

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Figure you guys might get a kick out of this. Woolie and Matt from Super Best Friends critique Street Fighter boxarts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VstwoyuDoXQ

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Btw these prices are for the fancy white and purple sticks with the logo on them, the regular ones are just retail

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Zand posted:

TE S+ at 150....

https://www.amazon.com/Fighter-FightStick-PlayStation4-PlayStation3-playstation-4/dp/B018AW408C/

only if you like the design though...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I picked up DOA5 and have been working through the tutorials and this game seems completely insane.

Snake_in_a_box
Aug 26, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING AN LP SUPERSTAR

Does anyone know if there are any significant differences between this model and the TE 2+?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/ARCSY_Event/status/754491528140120064

gj anonspore

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
USA
USA
SSAU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Bears is maybe a good player idk

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Snake_in_a_box posted:

Does anyone know if there are any significant differences between this model and the TE 2+?

The te2+ has a lid that can be opened up to swap hardware easily, if I remember correctly. The S+ doesn't.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The TE2+ is extremely well built and is the easiest modded fightstick ever. The Hori RAP is extremely light weight and less of a pain in the rear end to carry around.

Both are great choices.

Pomp posted:

Bears is maybe a good player idk

That tag. :eek:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

It was fun seeing beautiful dude poo poo all over him and say he has no defense lol

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

can you change the art on this easily

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Zand posted:

can you change the art on this easily

you probably have to buy a replacement plexi from arts http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=23&subcat=&item=198

also this guy is selling one for 115 http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/209131/wts-ps4tes-anime-figures-few-games#latest

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Snake_in_a_box posted:

They are completely different and you should check out some comparisons if you are considering the te 2+

For what its worth the TE 2+ is the best stick ive owned by far

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I bought Koihime Enbu and it seems like the kind of game I'd enjoy, but woo boy those multiplayer stats are bad

I returned it and bought shuffled the money to UNIEL instead

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Played Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD with a friend for a while and found that it's a great game! I saw the tier list on shoryuken and Jotaro was listed as God tier, but I liked playing as Dio better. Steamroller is hype. What makes Jotaro better than Dio in this game? Anyone know? I'm just curious because they seem kinda similar gameplay-wise from my admittedly short and casual experience of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Emptyquote this post if you'd be interested in a goon tournament for windjammers or any fightcade game really (ST???????) sometime this week and top 3 gets a $15 steam game or a consolation av cert or w/e provided by your valued forums pal, bad metaphors