Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalel
Jun 19, 2012

hey now don't be knocking birdman up in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

SciFiDownBeat posted:

The Dark Knight was better.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it was dumb birdman did the all one continuous shot thing but didn't actually do it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I actually like the movie and think Keaton was robbed of an Oscar from that Brit who was good at pretending to be an smart cripple, but the director of Birdman is very much a pretentious prick

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I actually like the movie and think Keaton was robbed of an Oscar from that Brit who was good at pretending to be an smart cripple, but the director of Birdman is very much a pretentious prick

this I will not deny.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blizzy_Cow posted:

I rewatched Justice League Unlimited while I had some time off of work here recently and I have a question. Is The Question in the comics a conspiracy theory nutter like he is in the show? If he is in buying those picture books.

I am so happy no one bothered to answer you so I get to be the one to say yes, and those are some pretty cool comics. As long as you understand he's a delusional rear end in a top hat and not actually a "hero."

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
So he's like Batman minus the money? Awesome.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I am so happy no one bothered to answer you so I get to be the one to say yes, and those are some pretty cool comics. As long as you understand he's a delusional rear end in a top hat and not actually a "hero."

The Question in the more recent comics is a different person tho right?

And yeah Question's only gadget is a mask that changes his hair color so nobody can figure out his secret identity

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
comics are dumb as shhhhhhhhhhhjit

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

watchmen sucked rear end. it's kind of amazing how bad Snyder whiffed on so many of the comics themes. that hallelujah sex scene is almost unwatchable.

After seeing that mess with a gang of other comic fans and hearing them all say how "perfect" it was was kinda sad

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Drinking Tankograd is kinda sad.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

The Question in the more recent comics is a different person tho right?

And yeah Question's only gadget is a mask that changes his hair color so nobody can figure out his secret identity

Yeah, original Question Vic Sage died and passed the mantle on to Gotham PD Detective Renee Montoya, another B:TAS character that got incorporated into the DC Comics mainstream.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, original Question Vic Sage died and passed the mantle on to Gotham PD Detective Renee Montoya, another B:TAS character that got incorporated into the DC Comics mainstream.

Montoya is a great Question too and that story arc of the two becoming friends and the passing of the torch was really well done IMO

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lol at wonder woman being front and center on the blu ray cover

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
if batman and superman encounter each other who grabs the others rear end first????

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Drunken Baker posted:

After seeing that mess with a gang of other comic fans and hearing them all say how "perfect" it was was kinda sad

man did you go see Star wars Episode 1 in theaters? the nerd denial was a palpable miasma by the end.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Putty posted:

if batman and superman encounter each other who grabs the others rear end first????

Depends how much time Batman has had to
Prepare

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Montoya is a great Question too and that story arc of the two becoming friends and the passing of the torch was really well done IMO

Yeah, I felt I needed to make a reference to Montoya instead of leaving it at "The Question now a woman now" and be thought as some sort of :mrapig: neckbeard angry at diversity and ranting on about robocops.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

man did you go see Star wars Episode 1 in theaters? the nerd denial was a palpable miasma by the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOF8X2Wt8yA

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Given that I was 11 when it came out, I had every right to be hyped as poo poo walking out after that movie ended. I just saw some loving kickass flippy laser sword poo poo.

I got a little older, and realized that mistakes had been made.:smith:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So here's something that popped up at some convention. lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
stand aside, michaelangelo, there's a new david in town and his name is 'the joker (batman imposter version)'

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What's that dude on the right looking at that's made him so happy?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i just realized

the real joker...

is the global capitalist system

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What's that dude on the right looking at that's made him so happy?
Pretty much exactly what you'd expect.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mozi posted:

i just realized

the real joker...

is the global capitalist system

~!%DaMaGeD%!~

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lodin posted:

lol

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Lodin posted:

Looking forward to this weirdo making a custom anatomically-correct Harley doll

(NSFW for doll nipples and genitalia)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07YmJEreZNM

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Lodin posted:

So here's something that popped up at some convention. lol

from the perspective of the shot, I thought it was a full size figure. till I saw the caption

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
this movie has the best alfred

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Action Tortoise posted:

Which Burton flick are you watching?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Which Burton flick are you watching?
Or are you watching Mask of the Phantasm, the best Batman movie.

Also while they are fun games are really hate that the Arkham series' legacy is what they did to Harley. I mean yeah she was pretty sexualized in the cartoon, but jeez.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I do not want to have sex with Harley Quinn. I want to have sex with Margot Robbie. Suicide Squad gives me mixed feelings in that regard.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Action Tortoise posted:

jeremy irons is cool. he seems like he has fun in his roles. Him chewing the poo poo out of the scenery was the best bit about margin call which was already a sick film and probably the best finance type film unless you count American psycho

michael caine felt like he was just there as alfred because he needed to cover his gas bill, much like he's felt in every movie he's appeared in for at least twenty years.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ZDar Fan posted:

I know you already put in a warning but that still went in an entirely unexpected direction

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

gradenko_2000 posted:

I know you already put in a warning but that still went in an entirely unexpected direction

:chloe:

also, clean and trim your nails, creepy doll video guy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ZDar Fan posted:

I particularly enjoy captain americas carefully modelled erect penis

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
wanna touch that hard little half inch boner

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Or are you watching Mask of the Phantasm, the best Batman movie.

I still say Return of the Joker is the best Batman movie, and I didn't even like Batman: Beyond all that much before I saw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Stefan Prodan posted:

Re: Hawkeye, the line in Civil War where he says "I tried golf. I played 18, I shot 18. I just can't miss!" really makes no loving sense at all but I guess it sounded cool when they wrote it, and especially makes no sense in the context of "I'm just good because I practice a lot with a bow"

It didn't ruin the movie for me, I still liked it, but why did he turn into Kim Jong Il

I don't think he's limited to bows in the comics. I recall one where he was like kidnapped but then he gets a hand free and kills all the bad guys by literally flicking his fingernails at the bad guys and they all die.

E: yeah here it is:

• Locked thread