Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

At this point the fans are just going to demand that everyone wear a scouter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Roland Jones posted:

More Tumblr questions and answers:

When Allison plays Mottom's skeleton like a xylophone, she hit the same rib twice, but it clearly made 2 different tones. I hope someone was fired for this

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 14, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder what the over/under is on mottom burning her court to the ground in the hours she has left now that she has nothing left to lose

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I think the two angels and numerous pursuers will do that for her.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

wiegieman posted:

At this point the fans are just going to demand that everyone wear a scouter.

[extremely Six Juggernaut Star voice] herp derp look at me, i am a crap monkey alien with a receding hairline

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Paranoid Randroid posted:

[extremely Six Juggernaut Star voice] herp derp look at me, i am a crap monkey alien with a receding hairline

it is a good thing I can fly or else i would need help reaching things from tall shelves

ponfed
Oct 20, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

More Tumblr questions and answers:

Goddamit nerds are the worst.

And I'm a nerd myself!

I'm embarrassed by this fucker.

Way to miss the artistic forest for the OCD tree, you god damed manchild.

ponfed fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 15, 2016

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I feel like entering Hard Nerdom should require agreeing that the answer to every "Why doesn't X just do Y instead???" question is "because it would be very boring".

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Or alternatively "because that would be a different story" (which I'm sure I've seen at least one book do directly in narration to explain why a particular thing happened instead of something else)

Certainly that's what I kept telling myself about TTGL every time I got sad about it being so bittersweet. Gainax fixed that in any case by doing an absolute shitload of AU stories in the form of comics, audiobooks, and animated shorts.

If all else fails, go read/write a fanfic. That's what it's for.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
A hallmark of bad writing is when characters ignore the obvious response to something because it creates more drama. That doesn't mean that stories where people make poor decisions are bad though. People aren't perfect rational agents; The good stories just use it as an excuse to explore the psychology or circumstances that lead to those decisions.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
The idea that X should just go kill Y because X has a higher power level is stupid anyway. A grizzly bear probably has a higher power level than a cougar, but you don't see bears hunting cougars outside of extreme circumstances because the risk of a cougar getting a bite in and seriously inconveniencing the bear is too great when there's tons of much weaker prey out there for both of them to pursue*. I imagine it's the same situation between two powerful opponents in this story: why risk confrontation with a powerful foe when there are countless defenseless worlds to plunder/SINNERS to punish.

*In googling around to make sure I'm not full of poo poo here, I DID find out that bears will steal the poo poo out of cougars' kills, though.

National Geographic posted:

Life is hard for mountain lions :(

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Esme posted:

A grizzly bear probably has a higher power level than a cougar

What if the cougar trains?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

What if the cougar trains?

With what, weighted fur?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Esme posted:

why risk confrontation with a powerful foe

because you are an anime, and must test your strength/become stronger

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

nimby posted:

With what, weighted fur?

Have you ever wondered where the saber-toothed tigers went? And why we have so many cougars today?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
all this talk about big cats has me pretty chuffed.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cougar Trains: romance with mature ladies on the Orient Express

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
So uh

are you selling tickets?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Aaand new strip.

I wish there was a Youtube video that was the female equivalent to the Undertaker's "HE'S HERE" that I could post to accompany any strip where Mathangi ten Meti, Murder the Gods and Topple Their Thrones makes an appearance

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The black and white preview of this page had Eris Lo-Kai where Maya is now. Interesting...

e: From Abbadon's twitter:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/754933723389276160

Bring on the kung fu then! :getin:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jul 18, 2016

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Mottom's guards look like they're straight out of Nausicca, and that's alright with me.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Are they chasing Allison or fleeing wrathful angels?

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

nimby posted:

Are they chasing Allison or fleeing wrathful angels?

Why not both.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Allison will defeat every demiurge by getting invited to their balls and getting them to lower their emotional guard before she attacks then legs it out of there.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Allison will defeat every demiurge by getting invited to their balls and getting them to lower their emotional guard before she attacks then legs it out of there.

Joe Demiurge: Well, the previous N demiurges were knocked silly by Allison after having invited her into their confidence, but I'm certain I can convince her of my rightness.

[ Some time later, after having been knocked silly. ]

Joe Demiurge: How could I have foreseen this outcome?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Green Intern posted:

Mottom's guards look like they're straight out of Nausicca, and that's alright with me.
I feel like this whole chapter has a bunch of Miyazaki in it - specifically Castle in the Sky and Nausicaa.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

SexyBlindfold posted:

I wish there was a Youtube video that was the female equivalent to the Undertaker's "HE'S HERE" that I could post to accompany any strip where Mathangi ten Meti, Murder the Gods and Topple Their Thrones makes an appearance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SL72a4CNz8

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
jesus h. christ, that face

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Though I guess this could also apply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRK_OMQGQlc

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Music for running through corridors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Have now read the entire series AND thread. Cannot believe I am update reading yet another web comic, but this has been soooo good so far I was extremely disappointed in how quickly I got to the end I want more!

This had better be yakkety sax

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

54 Confused Scoobie Chases Monster

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I knew what to expect and wasn't disappointed.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-5-99/

"I would like to tell you I am a noodle vendor--"

This chapter just keeps getting better.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I have never before been this ready for kung fu.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

idonotlikepeas posted:

I have never before been this ready for kung fu.

:agreed:

Why isn't it next week yet :f5:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I love how the guards are just standing around behind Alison waiting for Meti to finish talking. It speaks of experience.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Forget whether 6 Juggernaut Star can take on a Demiurge, I'm curious how he'd fare against our Mendicant Knight here.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I love how the guards are just standing around behind Alison waiting for Meti to finish talking. It speaks of experience.
In this universe, anyone who is confident enough to monologue has a drat good reason for it.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I like her already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

"Do, or do not" said Yoda. "There is no try."