Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Picnic Princess posted:

Colours don't actually have penises or vaginas. But penises and vaginas do have colours. What a world!

but my dick is blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Those are your balls.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Colours don't actually have penises or vaginas. But penises and vaginas do have colours. What a world!

I think you're broadly generalizing here. While the rest of my body might exist in full color, everything covered by my underwear is rendered in grey-scale.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Tiggum posted:

Much longer than that.

You may as well say that green is a shade of blue or orange is a shade of yellow. They're pretty distinct.

Some cultures have, in the past, not distinguished green and blue. Colour and culture are weird. What I'm referring to is the fact that what people would consider pink can be well within the red zone, toward the centre - it's not on the spectrum at all. You can make what people would call pink by mixing white with red. You can't make any other colour doing that, you just end up with 'light' something.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 07:35 on Jul 16, 2016

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

EvilGenius posted:

it's not on the spectrum at all

much unlike your poasts :xd:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

The Saddest Rhino posted:

but my dick is blue

Green.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Ytlaya posted:

For some reason watching hands do stuff has always been calming for me (I honestly don't understand why this is; I'll just get this really good feeling from watching a video of some zoomed in hands working on something)

Welcome to the exciting world of ASMR!

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.
Turkish army is on the move, what is your opinion, finnish facebook relative?

quote:

It goes just as *blue* predicted, nation with such a low national IQ is incapable to maintain rule of law in western context, due to nonexistence of cognitive elite.

Significant is the fact we are talking about most secular and 'civilized' muslim state, which tells us a lot about muslims and Islam itself.

Huh, first post in few months which contains word "muslim", but not word "rape". Good to see he has calmed down.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Much longer than that.

You may as well say that green is a shade of blue or orange is a shade of yellow. They're pretty distinct.

That picture is almost hypnotic in the questions it raises. Why is yellow, one of the supposed primary colours, such a tiny wedge of the pie? Why is green so huge? Why is there no clear boundary between red and orange like the other colours have?

Colours are weird.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Strom Cuzewon posted:

That picture is almost hypnotic in the questions it raises. Why is yellow, one of the supposed primary colours, such a tiny wedge of the pie? Why is green so huge? Why is there no clear boundary between red and orange like the other colours have?

Colours are weird.
Additive and subtractive color are different systems!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ok, sweet, but where is the ios *barfs all over screen*

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Weatherman posted:

much unlike your poasts :xd:

Fair.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

EvilGenius posted:

Some cultures have, in the past, not distinguished green and blue. Colour and culture are weird. What I'm referring to is the fact that what people would consider pink can be well within the red zone, toward the centre - it's not on the spectrum at all. You can make what people would call pink by mixing white with red. You can't make any other colour doing that, you just end up with 'light' something.

There's a ton of colors like that; the article even mentions examples of such. Brown is just a dark shade of orange. Mint is a light shade of green. Lavender and periwinkle are light shades of purple and blue, etc etc. There's nothing particularly unique about pink.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Yeah we should just drop color names and use wavelenghts of light and combinations thereof.

Just kidding, there are four colors.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Welcome to the exciting world of ASMR!

Sucks to your ASMR

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Karma Monkey posted:

What cultures don't have distinct words for green and blue?

Diné refers to them with a single word that also refers to the color of turquoise.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Saphie sounds like the name of someone's deviant art furrsona.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
How would you describe the color of a hot dog?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
https://www.reddit.com/r/asablackman

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ooh, looks like one of the elusive good subreddits. Too bad their layout is still loving bad.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Karma Monkey posted:

What cultures don't have distinct words for green and blue?

In some (maybe all, I don't know) of the Celtic languages they use one word for various shades of green, blue and grey and add words to differentiate like "sky", "leaf" or whatever particular shade you're trying to talk about. Of course, there are recently invented words for green in some of those languages because of the influence of the majority language but older speakers often find them really bizarre.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ah drat you beat me to it. Anyway, I must say, what is this foolishness on my screen?!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fathis Munk posted:

Ooh, looks like one of the elusive good subreddits. Too bad their layout is still loving bad.

I'm a fan of https://www.reddit.com/r/im14andthisisdeep/.

Someone made a Bingo card for the subreddit:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Today on imgur : Running over protesters, good or bad ?

Short an to the point, with a whopping 1192 points !

Shifting the goalposts

Saying it's murder to plow through a crowd of people inconveniencing you = bad

Once more : Saying you can't just run people over means negative points

No comment

I'M NOT RACIST

2 repliesthat are clearly very very bad

OH MY GOD PLEASE SHARE YOU VIDEO OF BLACK PEOPLE GETTING RUN OVER, OOOH YES PLEASE

And let's finish with some more bad replies.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

OH MY GOD PLEASE SHARE YOU VIDEO OF BLACK PEOPLE GETTING RUN OVER, OOOH YES PLEASE

They could just turn on the news, a major incident involving people (Nice isn't all-white either) getting run over happened late Thursday evening, there's footage of that.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Mainly presented here for the first comment

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm a fan of https://www.reddit.com/r/im14andthisisdeep/.

Someone made a Bingo card for the subreddit:

There needs to be a space that's something like, "tumblr screenshot including unnecessary comments and hyperbole."

You know how tumblr comments go. "THIS!" followed by increasingly bold/underlined comments below it that add nothing but white noise to the image. I'M LITERALLY DYING!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So basically, to imgur, the Nice-travesty was only that (a travesty) because it targeted the wrong demographic?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

At least we can agree that there's no such thing as loving indigo.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

BigglesSWE posted:

So basically, to imgur, the Nice-travesty was only that (a travesty) because it targeted the wrong demographic?

Imgur must be the only place where Muslims are the second most hated group, after African Americans.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

Mainly presented here for the first comment

I can already see the semantic "NATIVE AMERICANS WEREN'T JUST ONE GOVERNMENT" responses in my head

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Idiots on Social Media: I am seasoning my increasingly sensitive nipples

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

BigglesSWE posted:

Earlier I saw like two images on the front page using it to justify assault weapons because clearly if someone can kill people with a truck they can kill people with anything. Therefore, don't regulate guns. Ever. In fact give everyone guns.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

The irony is that the Turkish coup is actually much more likely to be an inside job; Erdogan has a history of faking coup plots.

(Also, the idea that Fethullah Gulen, a former ally of Erdogan in his drive to desecularize Turkey, is behind a plot by the infamously secularist Turkish military – does strain credulity a lot.)

TinTower has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Jul 16, 2016

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Ah cool. Two imaginary people just hanging out together.

oops, sorry jesus.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
So this article came out

Hindu Leader Wants Blizzard To Drop Symmetra's Devi Skin From Overwatch

Take a wild guess as to what Idiots on Social Media are going to make of this

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

goose fleet posted:

So this article came out

Hindu Leader Wants Blizzard To Drop Symmetra's Devi Skin From Overwatch

Take a wild guess as to what Idiots on Social Media are going to make of this

Woah I can't believe Blizzard designed a female character with a skimpy outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Ah cool. Two imaginary people just hanging out together.

oops, sorry jesus.

They have a lot in common. A shitload of people have been killed for both of them. When they team up, it's super scary.