Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

FlyinPingu posted:

Used a Raider I scanned as a template for the Synth Workshop, but what ended up coming out was a radroach named Raider instead of a settler :catstare:

I quickly assigned it to an arena platform so my other settlers could kill it

Update to the new version. It's a known issue where if a corpse you've scanned despawns it comes out as a radroach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Look, I'll give him props where it counts it is a good reskin at the end of the day but that image is really is kind of pointless for it.

A complete overhaul of the system now would make more sense and be worthy of that kind of image posturing.

You drive a hard bargain but I accept

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Why is there still not a decent difficulty overhaul yet :sigh:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Cavauro posted:

You drive a hard bargain but I accept

Dude is doing it with every single useable item. Just whack them in all in a single mod dude, gosh.

Also what is with all the radio stations suddenly showing up on Nexus? I mean, I am not complaining now.

Canuck-Errant posted:

Update to the new version. It's a known issue where if a corpse you've scanned despawns it comes out as a radroach.

To continue this, a bug in a mod which actually turns somebody into a bug.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Dude is doing it with every single useable item. Just whack them in all in a single mod dude, gosh.

Also what is with all the radio stations suddenly showing up on Nexus? I mean, I am not complaining now.

Looks like individual uploads for every station from the Old World Radio mod, which was absurdly large if you downloaded the whole thing.

(I maintain that Old World Radio sucks hard and all the DJ bits are awful)

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I like Old World Radio, especially the radio plays. I can listen to them outside of the game obviously but somehow in the game is easier to pretend they are really on the radio.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh cool, somebody made a really nice looking sort of service revolver looking pistol now.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Anyone else find that Crossbows of the Commonwealth leveled list integration puts crossbows on way too many raiders? Every area I find with pre-placed dead raiders every single one of them has a crossbow. I like having crossbows in the mix but this is starting to annoy me.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I want bows in fallout 4. I want the full Road Warrior experience.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Does anyone else use Weaponsmith Extended? I like the idea of adding in new weapons, preferably in bulk so I don't have to dick about with levelled lists and LOOT quite so much, but this mod is a proper pain. It has a ton of stuff bundled, but relies on a ton of mods that it doesn't provide which baffles me for a weapon pack mod. Now, a couple of the required mods are gone because the modder has thrown some kind of strop.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Segmentation Fault posted:

I want bows in fallout 4. I want the full Road Warrior experience.

And boomerangs.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Seashell Salesman posted:

Anyone else find that Crossbows of the Commonwealth leveled list integration puts crossbows on way too many raiders? Every area I find with pre-placed dead raiders every single one of them has a crossbow. I like having crossbows in the mix but this is starting to annoy me.

Looking at the leveled lists, I'm not sure why they'd be more common than anything else. Maybe it's a low level thing? They start showing up at level 5, and the only other options at that level are pipe guns and double barrel shotguns. They're also in lists for "long" guns specifically. for raiders. I bet you could thin them out by either removing the edit to the normal raider weapons list or from the raider "long" guns.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8990/

And there is a bow mod.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

Looking at the leveled lists, I'm not sure why they'd be more common than anything else. Maybe it's a low level thing? They start showing up at level 5, and the only other options at that level are pipe guns and double barrel shotguns. They're also in lists for "long" guns specifically. for raiders. I bet you could thin them out by either removing the edit to the normal raider weapons list or from the raider "long" guns.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8990/

And there is a bow mod.

I took a look through the bug tracker and lots of people reported the same issue. The owner responded and said he thinks it's a bug in fo4edit where all the chances in the LL are displayed as zero, but the vanilla chances are actually like "768", so it looks like they all match but his LL integration might be broken because he literally set the chance to "0". I'll try again when fo4edit can decode that field properly.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I took a look through the bug tracker and lots of people reported the same issue. The owner responded and said he thinks it's a bug in fo4edit where all the chances in the LL are displayed as zero, but the vanilla chances are actually like "768", so it looks like they all match but his LL integration might be broken because he literally set the chance to "0". I'll try again when fo4edit can decode that field properly.

Oh, that seems important. It's been reported to the FO4edit guys, right?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh, that seems important. It's been reported to the FO4edit guys, right?

I'm not sure. They know they aren't decoding everything though, from their FO4Edit page on Nexus:

quote:

** NOTE ** Not all records are fully decoded for Fallout 4. Some FormIDs may not be accounted for and when making a plugin will not be renumbered properly at runtime. This will cause game instability and crashes. Please remember to load any plugins made with this experimental pre-release into the GECK once it's released and repair the plugin once our first official release is available.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I'm not sure. They know they aren't decoding everything though, from their FO4Edit page on Nexus:

That seems like maybe a thing someone should report. That's a big and weird problem if it breaks leveled lists that hard.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

That seems like maybe a thing someone should report. That's a big and weird problem if it breaks leveled lists that hard.

Agreed. It might be that people are using private (newer) builds of FO4Edit than the one on the Nexus. My one definitely shows "0" for everything and it's the same rev as the one on the Nexus page. It would be easy enough to just clone and build FO4Edit from https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit but it's Saturday and I wanna play games not watch build system spew.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Does anyone know any good difficulty rebalance mods that prevent that sort of power cascade that happens with Bethesda games? I always hate getting about 5-10 hours in and now I'm a destroyer of worlds. I remember Morrowloot being a good way of keeping you from getting too much good poo poo too early in Skyrim if you get what I'm trying to say.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Remember Challenges feature from New Vegas? they were pretty neat right? so neat. GRA ones so worth it.

Somebody has made a mod that gives the Commonwealth their own set of Challenges now!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What happened to Millenia? I thought he was going to port his guns to Fallout 4, but so far there was only the shotgun and combat rifle retextures and then he dropped off the face of the earth.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Looking for a couple of settlement mods:

A) Anything that projects the movie from the Far Harbor drive-in on the Starlight screen

B) A mod that lets you create shops without booths, so you could just have a guy stand inside the Starlight diner and sell alcohol, for example

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

SeanBeansShako posted:

Remember Challenges feature from New Vegas? they were pretty neat right? so neat. GRA ones so worth it.

Somebody has made a mod that gives the Commonwealth their own set of Challenges now!
I was more of a fan of the "Kill Benny with his own gun" or "kill Caesar with a knife" or "kill a deathclaw with dynamite" challenges, the ones that were actual challenges rather than just putting kills in a meter until a reward pops out. Nothing like that's here, unfortunately, and the mod maker quit with just the basic Progress Quest challenges, so it's a shame.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

I was more of a fan of the "Kill Benny with his own gun" or "kill Caesar with a knife" or "kill a deathclaw with dynamite" challenges, the ones that were actual challenges rather than just putting kills in a meter until a reward pops out. Nothing like that's here, unfortunately, and the mod maker quit with just the basic Progress Quest challenges, so it's a shame.

Well fingers crossed this at least provides a template for somebody better to give it a go.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Deified Data posted:

Looking for a couple of settlement mods:

A) Anything that projects the movie from the Far Harbor drive-in on the Starlight screen

B) A mod that lets you create shops without booths, so you could just have a guy stand inside the Starlight diner and sell alcohol, for example

Homemaker adds some mats you just place on the ground and it counts as a shop. I've used them to make shops inside rooms instead of the market stall type deals. In my experience the settlers frequently fail to path to their job site when you put them inside, though.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

NIN radio station is dreamy, but my game seems to hate it though, freezes every so often. Pity.

we call it the khafka bug.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I know this is a really, really specific question but here goes: using Conquest I started a settlement near Wattz Consumer Electronics, where Ada's party was ambushed, and there is this big fire in the street that actually sets NPCs on fire and kills them. I built up a bunch of stuff not realizing that, and it is killing my settlers. I built a sarcophagus around it but I think they teleport inside it and die anyway. They really, really want to get in there.Does anyone know of a way to get rid of the fire? Scrapping the objects that are superficially "on fire" doesn't affect it, and I can't seem to select the fire in the console using the cursor to disable it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Anyone keep track of their favorite modders (aside from the SA guys)? People that consistently produce high quality, crash-free mods, and then proceed to update them over time?

I'm thinking of these two for example. Looking forward to what they come up next:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/8720933/?tb=mods&pUp=1
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/532478/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Who else should I track?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Anyone have a link to the settlement mods that remove scrapping limits (if it combines with removes settler limits that's great too, but I've found some of those myself)? Googling is not turning up anything for me.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Sky Shadowing posted:

Anyone have a link to the settlement mods that remove scrapping limits (if it combines with removes settler limits that's great too, but I've found some of those myself)? Googling is not turning up anything for me.
Not sure if I'm understanding your request correctly, but do you mean something like Uncapped Settlement Surplus, which makes settlers keep producing scrap/food etc as long as they work on it? Or do you want the ability to scrap everything, for which you might want to use the intuitively named Scrap Everything?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Woebin posted:

Not sure if I'm understanding your request correctly, but do you mean something like Uncapped Settlement Surplus, which makes settlers keep producing scrap/food etc as long as they work on it? Or do you want the ability to scrap everything, for which you might want to use the intuitively named Scrap Everything?

The first one, thank you!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I just got back into the game (And realized I should have bought the swamp DLC before modding everything out. :negative: ) and I'm trying Survival Mode, which I really like so far. I have two big gripes, one of which I don't think can be solved by mods (That drat scripted deathclaw shreds me), however, the other probably can: Are there mods that tweak the settings for thirst/hunger/etc for survival? I have no earthly idea why taking stimpacks or painkillers suddenly makes me thirsty, but it seems like a way to artificially inflate how much water I need to keep on me. Any suggestions?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Just a heads-up to anyone else who might be suffering from the bug where all settlements are stuck permanently at 50% happiness, no new recruits ever show up for any settlements, and your stores never produce any profit: after spending awhile deactivating settlement-y mods one at a time and sleeping for 24 hours to see what happened, I discovered the unofficial patch was surprisingly the culprit. All the happiness meters started moving in one direction or another and I got an immediate flood of new recruits at all my settlements the second I disabled it.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I discovered the unofficial patch was surprisingly the culprit.

I believe you'll find this is Bethesda's fault for not sagely predicting Arthmoor's infallible vision.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Just a heads-up to anyone else who might be suffering from the bug where all settlements are stuck permanently at 50% happiness, no new recruits ever show up for any settlements, and your stores never produce any profit: after spending awhile deactivating settlement-y mods one at a time and sleeping for 24 hours to see what happened, I discovered the unofficial patch was surprisingly the culprit. All the happiness meters started moving in one direction or another and I got an immediate flood of new recruits at all my settlements the second I disabled it.

Youuuu might wanna report that one, too. That sounds like a problem.

vvvv Yeah, but they seemed to think they removed the fixes that also caused this problem in the last version. If it's still messing things up, that should probably be pointed out.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 18, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CascadeBeta posted:

I just got back into the game (And realized I should have bought the swamp DLC before modding everything out. :negative: ) and I'm trying Survival Mode, which I really like so far. I have two big gripes, one of which I don't think can be solved by mods (That drat scripted deathclaw shreds me), however, the other probably can: Are there mods that tweak the settings for thirst/hunger/etc for survival? I have no earthly idea why taking stimpacks or painkillers suddenly makes me thirsty, but it seems like a way to artificially inflate how much water I need to keep on me. Any suggestions?

There is a mod for survival tweaks I think, but I don't know the name/have a link. People have mentioned in in the thread before.

As for the starting deathclaw, just stand in the corner store across from the museum, it can't get in there. Shoot it, go outside when it wanders off, go back inside and shoot it some more when it comes back for you

The latest patch completely hosed the unofficial patch due to some change in the settler script processing, there was like 10 pages in this thread about it.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Azhais posted:

The latest patch completely hosed the unofficial patch due to some change in the settler script processing, there was like 10 pages in this thread about it.

For some reason I thought that was just about that settler roulette bug :saddowns: Hopefully my post helps someone else suffering my specific brand of dumbass, I suppose.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

For some reason I thought that was just about that settler roulette bug :saddowns: Hopefully my post helps someone else suffering my specific brand of dumbass, I suppose.

It's probably for the best it's broken, knowing Arthmoor it was only a matter of time before it added a giant unremovable statue of Shaun to every settlement anyway

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Deified Data posted:

The goon-made mod "Convenient Stores" will do this. It spawns registers (or med kits for doctors) at a fixed Z-height with lots of overlap, so they sit on top of bar counters and other furniture.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

pmchem posted:

Anyone keep track of their favorite modders (aside from the SA guys)? People that consistently produce high quality, crash-free mods, and then proceed to update them over time?

I'm thinking of these two for example. Looking forward to what they come up next:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/8720933/?tb=mods&pUp=1
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/532478/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Who else should I track?

If you do a brief list with some details I'll put it in my awkward post embedded in the OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Agreed. It might be that people are using private (newer) builds of FO4Edit than the one on the Nexus. My one definitely shows "0" for everything and it's the same rev as the one on the Nexus page. It would be easy enough to just clone and build FO4Edit from https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit but it's Saturday and I wanna play games not watch build system spew.

I loaded it up in the creation kit and it is identical to the other similar lists. I don't see any differences that would lead to this.

All I can imagine is that -older- versions of Fo4Edit showed a different number because they were flawed. Perhaps you can just resave it in a current version and it would sort things out? It's hard to test changes like this, because you can never quite know when a leveled list has updated without waiting.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 18, 2016