Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Michaellaneous posted:

My god dude are you playing this on a calculator?

i am the reason why wargaming doesn't add good things to the game in fear of drawing away their fanbase that still plays using cold war era PCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've always been made to understand that the T-34 was an excellent medium, but I'm finding it to be pretty underwhelming at the moment. It's sluggish and the aimtime is glacial...I've never felt like I needed a GLD so desperately like in this tank. Do I have bad opinions, or am I doing something wrong?
The T-34 is a faster Churchill III that can flank which makes it pretty good. Overall, all tier V mediums suck as tier 3s and 4s are rare so you have no one to bully and you are greatly outmatched by tier 6s and don't even stand a chance against 7s. It's just that the T-34 is probably the best of the bunch and in pure tier V games it can really excel.

It also doesn't help that tier V is dominated by the KV-1(s) and the Japanese heavy.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, but in a T-34 you can shred an O-I Experimental if you bait a shot or it shoots at someone else. Those three miniturrets have something like 90 effective armor. With how fast you shoot you can take out most of his health before he reloads.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Well, that only works if he's alone. Not to mention that he can almost one shot you so I hope you're on full health when you face him... And if you do survive that hit all your modules and crew are gone.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've always been made to understand that the T-34 was an excellent medium, but I'm finding it to be pretty underwhelming at the moment. It's sluggish and the aimtime is glacial...I've never felt like I needed a GLD so desperately like in this tank. Do I have bad opinions, or am I doing something wrong?

You're using the 57mm right? The 76mm is hideous. Even then the tier five 57mms kind of suck if you're not an acolyte of #snapshotmeta. Just hold left click and spray and pray and move around - aiming in is a waste of time.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

I'm thinking about playing the tanks game again

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Salean posted:

I'm thinking about playing the tanks game again

I mean you could go out worse ways than being run over by a tank. Playing WoT sounds about even with that.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

I mean you could go out worse ways than being run over by a tank.

still though, a leopard

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

still though, a leopard

I went back and looked. drat, wrong kind of Leopard.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

getting run over by a vk1602 in tyool 2016 would be pretty balling

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000277/

Anyone interested?

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
Just getting back into this. Wanna try out TDs. Any recommendations?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
I found some recent maps that might help people out:

http://www.o7gaming.com/maps/

https://imgur.com/a/hkkwm

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Was that by accident?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Light Tank M3

Queue:
Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3
M3 Stuart
M3 Stuart in the USSR

:britain:
17-pdr
Medium Tank Mk.II

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
T-60
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55
T-30 NEW

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR NEW

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2 NEW

:godwin:
PzIII Ausf. A
Renault R35 in German service NEW
[/quote]

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

I mean you could go out worse ways than being run over by a tank. Playing WoT sounds about even with that.

I dunno, I saw a video last night from Turkey that would make me rethink that.

Dr. Carwash posted:

Just getting back into this. Wanna try out TDs. Any recommendations?

How far up the tree are you? Any nation preference?

Low tier, the T67 is still amazing, derp Stug still does its thing. If you don't mind premium, the SU-100Y is pretty hilarious (130mm gun at tier 6). Or the SU-122-44 if you like the assault gun lifestyle.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hellsau posted:

You're using the 57mm right? The 76mm is hideous. Even then the tier five 57mms kind of suck if you're not an acolyte of #snapshotmeta. Just hold left click and spray and pray and move around - aiming in is a waste of time.

Uh...Sure I am. :ninja:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uh...Sure I am. :ninja:

The Russian 76mm (all of them) is the worst gun in the game. No pen, bad handling, mediocre alpha and bad DPM? Christ. The A-43 is the exception - its 76mm is adequate, just worse than shooting lots of APCR from the 57mm.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, I may have mis-judged that. I figured the small boost in pen would give me an advantage over the other guns in average encounters, but didn't really factor in that positioning is key. I'm starting to get the hang of the thing, but I'm still not sure I want to actually grind up to the Object 416, regardless of how good it is.

I promised myself I'd only play good or fun tanks, and between the T67 and the O-Ho, somehow keep idling enough brainwaves to forget that mantra once in a while.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

positioning? the problem with the T-34-76 is that it fires one weak shell every ten years. the 57 has double the damage output

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ensign Expendable posted:

M3 Stuart in the USSR

this pls

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hellsau posted:

Was that by accident?

Not shooting your buds on the battlefield is no accident, friend

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Control Volume posted:

Not shooting your buds on the battlefield is no accident, friend

How do you encourage them without shooting them though?

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

CitizenKain posted:

I dunno, I saw a video last night from Turkey that would make me rethink that.

How far up the tree are you? Any nation preference?

Low tier, the T67 is still amazing, derp Stug still does its thing. If you don't mind premium, the SU-100Y is pretty hilarious (130mm gun at tier 6). Or the SU-122-44 if you like the assault gun lifestyle.

I do have the T67 but I have no idea how to play it. It's fast as gently caress, but scouting with it seems to be a death sentence. Any tips?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Play it like a fast flanking medium tank. Keep your distance and use your ridiculous dpm and good camo.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Dr. Carwash posted:

I do have the T67 but I have no idea how to play it. It's fast as gently caress, but scouting with it seems to be a death sentence. Any tips?

What Zettace said, and also make sure to be aware when you're in an unsustainable position. You'll get dumped into insane amounts of high-tier matches (from my experience after 400 battles or so) and it only takes 2-3 proper hits to smoke you.

Also abuse bushes whenever you can. You're small enough to fit into bigger ones, which gives you a reasonable chance to spot/survive when it comes down to the wire, and pull back behind bushes (to the point where they're no longer transparent), wait for your camo net to activate, and then murder the poo poo out of everything.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Rofl logged into armored warfare to check out their big new patch, Clan forced to be renamed from CHAI to No named Clan or some poo poo. RIP

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Dr. Carwash posted:

Most importantly, don't scout in it. It is fast, but that is so you can re-position or run away when you have to, not to charge in places.

TD's are all about finding a spot, sitting there and watching people run into your shells. See where your team is going, find a bush behind them, sit there. If poo poo goes wrong, turn around and run for it, and get behind another rush. If things go well, follow your team. When the match is winding down and you have an advantage, then you can use your speed to swoop in for easy kills.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

I hated the t-34 the first time I went through it and I believe I was using the 76. When I came back to it to get into Russian lights, I fit the Zi(p)S gun and had a lot of fun. I was most successful when I would right click on a tank, use a hill as cover, then roll out just enough to get my gun out from behind the hill, shoot, roll back, and repeat 2 seconds later. If that tank gets into cover then I find the next guy that tries to push and do the same to him. Even if the gun is not taking big chunks out of red tanks the constant pinging of HP causes a lot tankers to panic. The number of times tanks have retreated from me when they had no reason to was surprising.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Rofl logged into armored warfare to check out their big new patch, Clan forced to be renamed from CHAI to No named Clan or some poo poo. RIP

Dead game. I got a second SSD and was planning on reinstalling AW to check out the loot system, but then I remembered that the game installs that stupid loving launcher/downloader and didn't feel like remembering how to disable the bullshit, so I didn't bother.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Dead game. I got a second SSD and was planning on reinstalling AW to check out the loot system, but then I remembered that the game installs that stupid loving launcher/downloader and didn't feel like remembering how to disable the bullshit, so I didn't bother.

The PVE is still okay, don't even try to pvp though.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

BadLlama posted:

The PVE is still okay, don't even try to pvp though.
Yeah I just played for a few hours, it's a pretty nice patch. Tanks feel a bit smoother to drive now, and the shot delay fix coupled with the new sound effects makes shooting feel more satisfying.
The loot system seems like it might be cool once they introduce some actually interesting loot to it, currently it's basically just various XP and credit boosts.
Apparently the two next patches will be focusing on new mechanics and balance stuff as well, so maybe there's still hope for AW yet. (probably not though)

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I've not played in over a month and when I got on tonight after some babby patch the game went to a white screen just as it loaded into a battle, so I updated the modpack and same thing so rip gay tank game guess I'll gently caress around in middle earth a bit longer, good thing both times I was in a tier 10.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
M3 Stuart in Soviet service

Queue:
17-pounder

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3

:britain:
Medium Tank Mk.II

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55
T-30
T-60 NEW

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR NEW

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2

:godwin:
PzIII Ausf. A
Renault R35 in German service

Ensign Expendable fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 18, 2016

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Wargaming please add this:

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Considering the current on track, this would be cool.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If I was going to use

for a sixth sense image, what would be a good sound to use with it?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

NotWearingPants posted:

If I was going to use

for a sixth sense image, what would be a good sound to use with it?

Pennywise's laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Just record hellsau reading the monologue from atlas shrugged