Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Darkrenown posted:

Having no nations selected works the same as having all nations selected? loving hell.

Yeah, it's confusing so I understand at least you know now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

confusing? that's how it should work

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Prav posted:

confusing? that's how it should work

The UI is bad.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I miss the old filters honestly.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

lol T92

of course the thing has two loving MG cupolas :911:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Er, why is the T92 a tier 7 on the supertest? I thought the T92 was planned as the high tier US light and was canned because missiles or smoothbore or something whatever, and the T49 is the earlier version of the T92 or has a different turret or maybe uses the turret on a different chassis or something who cares.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

nah the T92 was some superlight airdroppable tank with the same gun as the T71

you're thinking of what the americans went with instead, the M551 Sheridan, which is a T49 made out of aluminium

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

nah the T92 was some superlight airdroppable tank with the same gun as the T71

you're thinking of what the americans went with instead, the M551 Sheridan, which is a T49 made out of aluminium

There is an easy way for Wargaming to get me to play again and give them my money - make the T92 take zero fall damage, always land upright, and have Chaffee Racing style mobility, charge $30.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I would play this game a lot more if I could take my crews out of a research tank and put them in another research tank without penalty to their stats at any time without needing to retrain them. They can not give me xp and credits until I retrain them or something if they want to stick with their russian rear end loving business practice.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

TheFluff posted:

congratulations on having extremely loving bad opinions, I guess

I mean you're complaining about the T-54's gun being bad at tier 8, what is loving wrong with you

Wow the t-54 is bad at tier 8 that is news to me. I would love to have a t-54 at tier 8. Are you a hacker?

Mentions the gun, but ignores the horrible platform it's on.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ramsus posted:

Wow the t-54 is bad at tier 8 that is news to me. I would love to have a t-54 at tier 8. Are you a hacker?

Mentions the gun, but ignores the horrible platform it's on.

Quoting another bad opinion ITT.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Hey guys this tank is all around poo poo, but at least the gun has awesome pen if you load gold

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

approaching peak wrong here, part of the scrub massif

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Did you know that the 416 has slightly better gun handling than the T-54? neither did I!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Steelion posted:

Did you know that the 416 has slightly better gun handling than the T-54? neither did I!

0,12 tracks on a T8, it's loving ridiculous

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Ramsus posted:

Hey guys this tank is all around poo poo, but at least the gun has awesome pen if you load gold

please post all your tanks opinions so we can add them to the op

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Black Prince is a good tank.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Ramsus posted:

Here, I helped you out by bolding the wrong parts of your statement. The Pancake is easily the most broken tier 8 medium in the game right now(I rebought it recently and it owns owns owns), but please do go on and become the next ZombieLenin :allears:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Soulfucker posted:

become the next ZombieLenin :allears:

Let's not be mean, always remember to be excellent to each other

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I'm eagerly awaiting Ramsus showing us that he is a master of all languages.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Prav posted:

lol T92

of course the thing has two loving MG cupolas :911:

It's like I can picture the conversation that went on when they were thinking up this tank.
A: So how do we want the gun and turret to be on this tank?
B: Well, have you ever seen titfucking?
A: DONE!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Infected posted:

I'm eagerly awaiting Ramsus showing us that he is a master of all languages.

I'm waiting for the explanation of how his humanities PhD gives him an innate understanding of statistics.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Let's list the qualities of a tank, and how the Obj 416 is great at everything:

Armor: Not great. You can get the odd bounce, and can wiggle to goad pubbies into shooting the tracks, but the bowl turret never bounces anything for me.
HP: 1200 isn't great for a medium, but is very good for a fast TD with a great gun. 1200 HP is also fine for brawling if you absolutely have to get some poor fucker dead - it's enough to DPM down other tier 8s, especially if you can get a surprise first shot off.
Module Damage: I use automatic extinguishers on all my tanks because I'm not an idiot, and haven't noticed particularly high chances of a double fire. It's certainly no T-34-1. Use Large Repair Kits and pop it if you get racked+tracked. If you're getting racked twice in a game and are still alive, good work you've probably done a lot of damage by now and can just pull back and be a mediocre TD, dropping 320 damage into people every 10 seconds like some sort of SuperELC.
Camo: The best camo in the game behind the tier 3 French TD? Better camo than the ELC? Extremely easy to abuse, and the tank itself is well setup to take advantage of it.
View Range: 380m at tier 8 is great. With the above average view range and great camo together, you can play vision games in the late game and easily cleanup a close match.
Mobility: Quite nimble, extremely easy to turn and maneuver. The top speed could be faster, but then it'd be the best light tank as well as the best TD and Medium at that tier.
Gun: Everything is fantastic and if the T-44 had a gun like this it'd be rightfully pointed to as an example of the fabled Russian Bias. 201 AP pen is something the T-44 desperately wants, and the extremely good HEAT round just kind of rubs the LB-1 in the dirt. Seriously, 183/235 versus 201/330? gently caress off.

Did I miss anything? Oh right, the tank only carries 35 rounds I guess so I guess you could only deal 11000 damage, so you technically couldn't kill all 15 enemies in a tier 10 match. That's rather minor. The HE round is also kind of poo poo, going from 320 damage to 420 is terrible, so you won't even be fooled into carrying HE into your matches and tricked into firing it at something.

Oh I guess one more thing bad about the 416 is that you don't get to unlock the good gun for the Obj 430-2 on the 416, but that's only because the Obj 430-2's stock gun is the best gun. Goddamn if the A-44 wasn't such a piece of poo poo the line leading up to the Obj 430-2 would be one of the best lines for new players. You'd even get to unlock the bad T-54 gun with the Obj 430-2, AND get to unlock both tier 9s without playing the T-44 and suffering through the piece of poo poo LB-1!

tl;dr - yet again a goon has a bad opinion on tanks and is wrong.

e: oh one more thing, the good 416 gun can be mounted on the stock tracks and stock turret, and the top turret also fits on the stock tracks, so if you're stingy and don't want to blow a bunch of free XP the tank you can just get the gun and go to town.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 16, 2016

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Hellsau posted:

Goddamn if the A-44 wasn't such a piece of poo poo the line leading up to the Obj 430-2 would be one of the best lines for new players

Maybe it's because I only have just been playing the A-44 of late but it feels like a tank that isn't quite so bad if you realize you don't have a tank, you have a battering ram with a shotgun mounted on the back. I've found it fast enough to zip around, ram/shotgun an unsuspecting light tank or lightly armored medium, then lay ambushes since you have decent alpha for a tier 7 medium. It's still a bad tank but somehow I've done about as well, if not better in it than the T-43 by mixing caution with psychotic aggression.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Blindeye posted:

Maybe it's because I only have just been playing the A-44 of late but it feels like a tank that isn't quite so bad if you realize you don't have a tank, you have a battering ram with a shotgun mounted on the back. I've found it fast enough to zip around, ram/shotgun an unsuspecting light tank or lightly armored medium, then lay ambushes since you have decent alpha for a tier 7 medium. It's still a bad tank but somehow I've done about as well, if not better in it than the T-43 by mixing caution with psychotic aggression.

Now try out the kv-13. Once they got rid of the d10t from the t-43, it isn't the same anymore. The t-43 and kv-13 share the same gun, but the kv-13 has something resembling armor.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Blindeye posted:

Until you get killed by an ELC on almost-flat ground because his first shot takes out half your crew and modules, including tracks, you can't depress your gun enough, and you miss a shot. I took a hit from arty in the middle of it but I'd have bet on the ELC even without the arty helping out at that point. Seriously the worst loving tank and it'd make more sense as a tier 6. The worst module layout in the game.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Anyone buy the AC4 Exp yet? It seems like a Firefly, a little better in some areas and worse in others:
http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:ac-4-exp.c:firefly

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
The Obj416 is an ok medium tank but a really good TD that got put into the wrong tree.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

CitizenKain posted:

The Obj416 is an ok medium tank but a really good TD that got put into the wrong tree OP as gently caress. :colbert:

FTFY

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

2nd mark of excellence on the Leopard. I really like this tank. I farmed a Rhym B for most of the damage (this match). I spotted him at max view range with binocs, then blasted him with my insane camo. It didnt matter that I was at such a huge range, my autoloader has great pen and the Rhym's got no armor at all. I think I finally -get- light tanks. Just unlocked the Chaffee, too. Looking forward to doing some hilarious poo poo with that tank.

Edit:
Yep, Chaffee owns. At first I thought I was rear end with lights, but obviously I just needed to understand how spotting works in greater detail. Though Sixth Sense helps. A LOT.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jul 16, 2016

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Atomizer posted:

Anyone buy the AC4 Exp yet? It seems like a Firefly, a little better in some areas and worse in others:

A firefly with 10 degrees of gun depression seems like it could be useful.

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

Atomizer posted:

It's the Sentinel what more do you need to know ?

A lot more you say ?

Oh well I shall help you out .

"The Sentinel is a Canadian-produced television series that aired on UPN in the United States from 1996 to 1999. It premiered on March 20, 1996, and ran for 65 episodes (three and a half seasons). The series later reaired on Syfy."

All you need to know is ...embrace the protector spirit animal (spirits) and start to see the battlefield with your enhanced senses...become the Sentinel..don't just try to "operate" it ..BECOME THE SENTINEL.

Once you have found your inner Sentinel you are the one to protect the villages of the amazonas and/or some canadian city ...or whatever really..just remember the animal spirits and/or spirit animals.

GO FOURTH AND BE THE SENTINEL.

(I guess it goes not as slow as Churchill III and doesnt shoot as fast either..so adjust your gameplay accordingly)

GiantHurtBall fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 16, 2016

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I've always been made to understand that the T-34 was an excellent medium, but I'm finding it to be pretty underwhelming at the moment. It's sluggish and the aimtime is glacial...I've never felt like I needed a GLD so desperately like in this tank. Do I have bad opinions, or am I doing something wrong?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 16, 2016

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm guessing you have a bad crew

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

+2 Matchmaker.jpg

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Mans posted:

+2 Matchmaker.jpg

My god dude are you playing this on a calculator?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Steelion posted:

A firefly with 10 degrees of gun depression seems like it could be useful.

Yeah, that's the thing that stuck out to me. Armor and mobility are similar, the AC4 has lower DPM and ammo count, but that gun depression advantage is huge.

GiantHurtBall posted:

It's the Sentinel what more do you need to know ?

A lot more you say ?

Oh well I shall help you out .

Except it's not the Sentinel. That's the AC1, we're talking about the AC4. Try again, champ! :tipshat:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've always been made to understand that the T-34 was an excellent medium, but I'm finding it to be pretty underwhelming at the moment. It's sluggish and the aimtime is glacial...I've never felt like I needed a GLD so desperately like in this tank. Do I have bad opinions, or am I doing something wrong?

I've done well in it, but don't enjoy playing it, and that's mainly due to that gun handling. For a tank with a tiny 57 mm gun it takes forever to get it on target. That's partially due to the tier it's at, and it's still better than the M4, which handles a 76 mm like it's a blunderbuss. It's actually way more enjoyable to play the tier 5 TDs.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
2400 damage isn't enough for an Ace Tanker in the T67 anymore.

Incidentally, the only reason I lost this match is because when it was me vs 5, I found a Marder and a Stug interlocked between the off-the-rails traincart in the middle of the map and completely lost it. I just casually drove around the two helpless tanks while dying of laughter and slowly pricked them to death, not realizing I'm spotted the entire time.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Michaellaneous posted:

My god dude are you playing this on a calculator?

looks better then when I played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

Atomizer posted:

Except it's not the Sentinel. That's the AC1, we're talking about the AC4. Try again, champ! :tipshat:

No? Because I don't care what your tank is actually called ? All I care about is spreading the word of Burgi ?

Don't you see...its just like the tank...you have no armor (bare-chested) but you make up for it with your...Barrel.

Now tell me again how this is not related ? You can't ? Good.