Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

King Possum III posted:

Good call.

The best thing the Republicans could've done for their party's future was to somehow give Cruz the nomination, knowing this would cede this election to Hillary Clinton.

Then after the Canadian Cuban loses in November, the moderates would have the perfect opportunity to ditch the Tea Party and the religious whackos once and for all.

"We tried it your way, and you drove the party too far to the right. We've alienated and demonized too many groups, like women, Hispanics, gays, blacks, and Muslims. The only groups we can count on were the evangelicals and angry white men, which marginalized the party."

Then they'd have 4 years to pick up the pieces and return to being the party of low taxes, limited government, and fiscal conservatism. If they're smart they'll stop using wedge issues like gay marriage and drop the homophobic rhetoric, too.

History and polling suggest that you can't sell conservative econ without racism, and that the non-racist consevative econ crowd is actually horrifyingly racist but only reveals such when properly coaxed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
I just listened to Larry Elder say that one time he was pulled over, and he was polite, and he didn't get a ticket, so racism doesn't happen. Larry also said that Tim Scott was "whining and crying" by describing his many encounters with police, and implied that Tim was actually guilty of ~things~, and probably only got let go because he is a senator.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

BiggerBoat posted:

Well, that didn't take long.

Too long imo.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Somebody make a trumpspin.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

I wonder if he'll pull a Dinesh and whine nonstop about how he was unfairly prosecuted, throw a hissy fit when he gets told that he doesn't get to go on vacation while in prison, and then makes a(nother) dumb movie that should be called poo poo That Didn't Happen and Will Never Happen.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Phone posted:

I wonder if he'll pull a Dinesh and whine nonstop about how he was unfairly prosecuted, throw a hissy fit when he gets told that he doesn't get to go on vacation while in prison, and then makes a(nother) dumb movie that should be called poo poo That Didn't Happen and Will Never Happen.

I assume so.

GMEEOORH
Mar 12, 2012

Cugel the Clever posted:

Why do you think being gay is a bad thing?
I don't. I quite enjoy it actually. Moreso when the people I side with politically aren't doing their best impressions of the shittiest kids I went to high school with.

Anyway, I was out all day yesterday, so I didn't have a chance to comment on the responses to my post and it looks like the topic is pretty much done now. Thanks to the people that made some good posts about it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can someone repost that Pikachu cyberdemon thing, along with the link?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ErichZahn posted:

History and polling suggest that you can't sell conservative econ without racism, and that the non-racist consevative econ crowd is actually horrifyingly racist but only reveals such when properly coaxed.

Without the racism, all that's left is a overly simplistic economic dogma that favors the rich at all times and is proven to never actually work.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dinesh has a new movie out about the racist history of democrat party but I'm curious where he thinks those racists went?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Dinesh has a new movie out about the racist history of democrat party but I'm curious where he thinks those racists went?

Conservatives make it a point to completely ignore Dixiecrat migration and the southern strategy.

JIM CROW WAS ENACTED BY DEMOCRATS!
GOP WAS THE PARTY OF LINCOLN!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It's all a part of Hillary Clinton's century spanning plot to steal America off the face of the Earth. Dinesh figured it out because his prison homies told him that Andrew Jackson was a huge gently caress off racist rear end in a top hat.

That's basically what I gleaned from that wacky-rear end trailer for that film.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Reviews are a hoot

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hillarys_america_the_secret_history_of_the_democratic_party/

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has anyone asked him why Back to the Future 2 was more accurate in its predictions than 2016: Obama's America?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

LeeMajors posted:

Conservatives make it a point to completely ignore Dixiecrat migration and the southern strategy.

JIM CROW WAS ENACTED BY DEMOCRATS!
GOP WAS THE PARTY OF LINCOLN!

What a beautiful word, was. The ability to cling to things that once were, but are they the same now? "No one knew where the Dixiecrats went to or what they could be up to. They just vanished like the Druids."

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.

RareAcumen posted:

Can someone repost that Pikachu cyberdemon thing, along with the link?

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Don't mind me, just posting my feelings on the whole "Pokemon Cyberdemons" thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Much appreciated!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Not necessarily right-wing media per se, but an 8 year old boy in St. Louis accidentally killed himself with his parents gun, and the local news outlet decides to run a picture of him flashing gang signs

It feels petty to have that piss me off so much, but seriously, could they not get a picture of an 8 year old that wouldn't make 50% of America shrug and think they probably deserved it?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Trigger locks should be sold with every gun. its really odd that a 7-8 year old knows gang signs, and weirder that someone thought "aww thats cute little man, better capture this moment" :psyduck:

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 16, 2016

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I think right wing media has totally infected my dad. I was talking about Trump the other day to him, mention the usual how dumb he is, and that he'll be a diplomatic nightmare due to his temper. And so my he says both options are stupid, Hillary will probably do the same due to her lying. I say Trump could start WW3 in an outrage, he says Hillary could probably do the same. I mean look I'm not thrilled about Hillary, but I'll gladly vote for her. Especially given the alternative.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's just dumb poo poo every kid does, especially if you grew up in the inner city. Also people take pictures of all sorts of random poo poo, how old are you if you think taking a picture is anything special

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Trigger locks should be sold with every gun. its really odd that a 7-8 year old knows gang signs, and weirder that someone thought "aww thats cute little man, better capture this moment" :psyduck:

it's just stupid kid poo poo, you see some dude making funny motions with your hand and think that's something cool tough guys do so you do it. I really doubt it was some 'aw so cute let me get a camera' and more 'I'm gonna take your picture welp you decided to do that thing with your hands because you're a literal child, oh well whatever looks fine'.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it's just stupid kid poo poo, you see some dude making funny motions with your hand and think that's something cool tough guys do so you do it. I really doubt it was some 'aw so cute let me get a camera' and more 'I'm gonna take your picture welp you decided to do that thing with your hands because you're a literal child, oh well whatever looks fine'.

I have seen completely ignorant white people throw up something similar without any idea what it means or even if they're properly emulating it. If gang signs have penetrated the culture to the point where thats happening, it could very well just be imitating something he saw on TV. The all blue clothing is the only thing that makes me go ehhhh but mainly i really wish he hadn't been shot in the chest :(

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Goatman Sacks posted:

Not necessarily right-wing media per se, but an 8 year old boy in St. Louis accidentally killed himself with his parents gun, and the local news outlet decides to run a picture of him flashing gang signs

It feels petty to have that piss me off so much, but seriously, could they not get a picture of an 8 year old that wouldn't make 50% of America shrug and think they probably deserved it?

They know their audience.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is it Right Wing Media if it gets racist enough?

Fathis Munk posted:

Today on imgur : Running over protesters, good or bad ?

Short and to the point, with a whopping 1192 points !

Shifting the goalposts

Saying it's murder to plow through a crowd of people inconveniencing you = bad

Once more : Saying you can't just run people over means negative points

No comment

I'M NOT RACIST

2 repliesthat are clearly very very bad

OH MY GOD PLEASE SHARE YOU VIDEO OF BLACK PEOPLE GETTING RUN OVER, OOOH YES PLEASE

And let's finish with some more bad replies.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What kind of monster would intentionally run over hundreds of people?! Oh also run over BLM protestors.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I have seen completely ignorant white people throw up something similar without any idea what it means or even if they're properly emulating it. If gang signs have penetrated the culture to the point where thats happening, it could very well just be imitating something he saw on TV.
Yeah, there was some meme of a chubby suburban white kid on a play ground throwing the W with one hand and a popsicle in the other. Also parents take pictures of their kids thinking they are all tough and grown up all the time. Most of the time it is cute.

Edit: found it... I conflated some of the details, but I think my point still stands.
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/352aoy/

deoju fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 17, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Not sure where to put this because :lol:

Imagine you spent 100 Million $ on building a life size Noah's Ark and fill it with exhibits and explanation on how Noah is a true story. The day of the grand opening and this is what happened.

At 1PM the day of the opening

And so you do what comes natural...you lie

The one on the left is a media VIP preview they gave a few days before opening

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Not sure where to put this because :lol:

Imagine you spent 100 Million $ on building a life size Noah's Ark and fill it with exhibits and explanation on how Noah is a true story. The day of the grand opening and this is what happened.

At 1PM the day of the opening

And so you do what comes natural...you lie

The one on the left is a media VIP preview they gave a few days before opening

My gf kinda wants to go there, but only if was free and not suppporting ken ham. she went there when she was younger and her family believed all the bullshit. she has a ton of pics from there. i can ask if i can post some.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Is it Right Wing Media if it gets racist enough?

Serious dumb white guy question about BLM and blocking roadways: what is the relationship between blocking traffic and protesting white supremacy? I don't see a direct connection between what they're doing and police or legal authority, and the major effect I've seen (from white family members) is that people made uncomfortable by police killings can dismiss the entire movement because blocking roads is a crime that inconveniences regular people who have nothing to do with the police. Some protestors near me did something similar last year and became real targets for the community and the police as vandals. I'm not necessarily saying I disapprove, but I haven't been able to figure it out so far.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Jack Gladney posted:

Serious dumb white guy question about BLM and blocking roadways: what is the relationship between blocking traffic and protesting white supremacy? I don't see a direct connection between what they're doing and police or legal authority, and the major effect I've seen (from white family members) is that people made uncomfortable by police killings can dismiss the entire movement because blocking roads is a crime that inconveniences regular people who have nothing to do with the police. Some protestors near me did something similar last year and became real targets for the community and the police as vandals. I'm not necessarily saying I disapprove, but I haven't been able to figure it out so far.

The idea is to make the protest impossible to ignore; if they peacefully and respectfully stick to traditional protest areas, people can just ignore them and say "well, that's terrible, but..." At least when they block highways, people have to confront the issue, even if it just results in them coming right out and saying "I am more angry at you for inconveniencing me than I am that the police routinely use unjustified lethal force against black people."

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

They either grabbed it off Facebook or the family provided it, most likely the former.

In a jiffy, you go to Facebook and that's quite possibly the only labeled/confirmed photo of the kid they could find. They perhaps should have cropped it down to a headshot, but if they were working in a hurry? Copy and paste.

I work in print media and while we rarely have to go raid someone's Facebook for a breaking story to post on ours, if it's what you have, it's what you have. Stories work much better with pictures. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt only because we've had to use crappy blown-out hazy Facebook pictures before and probably by sheer luck, we haven't had to make a decision as to whether or not it's a picture of the best taste.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

$40 a ticket might also cause people to question going but $175 for annual pass

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 17, 2016

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

$40 a ticket might also cause people to question going but $175 for annual pass

40$ That's 3$ less then Knotts charges online. You know a place with roller coasters and poo poo. Unless they got rides to go with this that's a huge loving rip off. Hell most science museums are cheaper.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Jack Gladney posted:

Jesus Christ you just made me realize I have hit rock bottom. I wasn't always like this. I think it's from reading this thread. I don't want to be like this. Is there hope for me?

computer parts posted:

Legitimately thought this was from a Chick Tract.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Crowsbeak posted:

40$ That's 3$ less then Knotts charges online. You know a place with roller coasters and poo poo. Unless they got rides to go with this that's a huge loving rip off. Hell most science museums are cheaper.

Aren't most science museums free, on account of being government funded?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ken Ham is offering $1 per person field trips to any public school

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

That was after the FFRF called him out for sending out invitations to Public Schools for field trips, and reminded the schools that it would be illegal to take kids there on a mandated school field trip.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Isn't that illegal? I mean like, legally illegal, obviously it isn't "gubmint gave me $18 million to build this so it's state sanctioned" Kentucky legal

$18 million in tax breaks to fund a private Christian monument to capitalism that is proudly discriminatory in its hiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

Isn't that illegal? I mean like, legally illegal, obviously it isn't "gubmint gave me $18 million to build this so it's state sanctioned" Kentucky legal

$18 million in tax breaks to fund a private Christian monument to capitalism that is proudly discriminatory in its hiring

Its cool. So far its falling flat on its face.